The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Huge hugs. I understand the feeling. I was already thinking about the next one before my youngest even arrived.

Me too, I know how you feel. Xx
I was planning my 3rd when my second boy was only about a month old. It gets better xx

I did the same! planned my next before my last was even born :/
Now i'm pregnant again I know it's 50/50 and it makes me anxious again! IF this one is a boy I think we are done, 3 boys in a 3 bed house would already pushing it tbh. If it is a girl 2 boys and a girl would actually be more difficult to place haha. So technically a third boy makes more sense... but meh

And 4 of any gender is just too much full stop. literally out of bedrooms haha

My yellow bump turned BLUE! :)
Baby Oberon was born at home yesterday in an extremely fast birth. My 2 year old daughter was there for the whole thing and did really well. I can say that there wasn't an ounce of disappointment when we discovered the sex for ourselves right there in the birth pool. We held him for maybe 10 minutes before checking - it was so awesome! :)

Hi.

Wondered if this was the place to post or not really.

I had a TFMR in August as my baby had an incompatible with life condition. I had genetic testing on him which established it was a boy. This time i'm desperate for a girl because I don't want it to seem as a replacement for the little boy I lost.

Any tips on how to cope with disappointment?

My yellow bump turned BLUE! :)
Baby Oberon was born at home yesterday in an extremely fast birth. My 2 year old daughter was there for the whole thing and did really well. I can say that there wasn't an ounce of disappointment when we discovered the sex for ourselves right there in the birth pool. We held him for maybe 10 minutes before checking - it was so awesome! :)

congratulations hun! what a lovely sounding birth :), what have you called him? so glad there's no disappointment :)

Hi.

Wondered if this was the place to post or not really.

I had a TFMR in August as my baby had an incompatible with life condition. I had genetic testing on him which established it was a boy. This time i'm desperate for a girl because I don't want it to seem as a replacement for the little boy I lost.

Any tips on how to cope with disappointment?

just wanted to say so sorry for your loss :(. I really have zero experience dealing with what you've been through but I'd say every baby is different, none replace another, hopefully your next baby will be healthy and you'll get to take him/her home xx

Congrats Feronia and how lovely thst your daughter was there.
Welcome littleone I'm sorry for your loss. I have no tips other than focusing on the positives

Congratulations Feronia! That's the second wee Oberon I know :) love his name and what a fabulous birth x

Oh no, there's another Oberon? I'm surprised, there were only 6 of them born in 2013 in the US. We like very uncommon names. :)

Aww awesome Feronia, congratulations on the birth of wee Oberon <3

He was born in 2012 (in the UK) :) another homebirth actually! Our boy name is very unusual too but girls isn't so much, still uncommon for babies though.

Hello ladies! I know I am getting in here a bit late at over 100 pages in, but I was wondering if I could join?

DH and I will be trying for our 3rd in June/July, and I'm really hoping for another girl. I've wanted a second girl since before I started TTC my second. I desperately wanted a sister for my DD, so when I found out my second was a boy, admittedly I was sorely disappointed. I do love him so much and wouldn't trade him for anything, but I've always wanted a second little girl.

Sorry for the delay ladies, thanks for all the congrats :)

I'm feeling good, I've known since the nub that he was a boy so I was prepared to hear it and I love him already. Feeling a little guilty though because we will probably give it one more shot for a girl. If this had been a girl we would've stopped at 3 kiddos. Don't know why that makes me feel guilty. Just makes me glad he is coming now because otherwise I might never have known him, if that makes any sense?

Welcome new ladies, here's hoping you get the gender your heart desires!!

You shouldn't feel guilty Hopin, there's a chance I may change my mind with boy 3 (or even with a girl). I found knowing it wasn't my last helped me accept and bond so much quicker. It just saves you over thinking it/the future. You'll love and enjoy your little boy :)

I can understand the guilt, I've felt it. I've often wondered if it was/would be selfish of me to have another. I think of the things we could have been doing now if I stopped at 3, and the things we can do in the future if we don't have any more. And I know that it would be easier to say that's it we are done if we had a girl. I'm struggling with the decision ATM I picked up my pill today, have to wait for af to start it. But I really don't want to. I almost cried in asda today over a pair of frilly pink new born socks. I literally had tears in my eyes and had to try to hide how sad I was because 2 seconds later we bumped into one of dhs friends. I went to a coffee morning this morning and was asked 3 times if I would have more and did I want a girl.

Congrats hopin !!. Don't feel guilty.... I felt exactly the same when I found out I was having my 3rd Boy. I'm due in 7 weeks & looking forward to him arriving :)
I did think we would have a 4th baby, but decided not to now because hubby does not want another one and I would have stopped at 3 like you if this one was a girl.

Motherofboys...... I know how you feel. I've had many a moment in Asda when I've seen pink baby stuff & actually nearly cried & had tears in my eyes. I just hope 1 day that I can actually walk past baby girl clothes or mummy's with little girls & not have that heart wrenching feeling that I will never have a girl that I always desperately wanted. Xx

Stupid society. Would be so much easier if we were all just people rather than men and women and defined as such. Not just for gender desire purposes but things like people in same sex relationships would just be people in relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->