The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I've never had a surprise, ds1 I was just far too excited and impatient, after him I kept telling myself that I needed to know in case I had a girl. At the time I didn't want to have too much nuetral stuff but also didn't want to be shopping a couple of days after birth and kept imagining the big shopping spree I would have when I heard girl. Of course that didn't happen lol
Ds4 I needed to know, it was the first time it really mattered and I was so scared that if I had the surprise I wanted that I wouldn't bond at birth and just be upset, I felt I needed time to process it.
Next time though I'm just going to convince myself it's a boy and go for the 'surprise' because I want that experience, well as much of a surprise as you can get at this point anyway lol

We've been team yellow every time. It's saved us so much money due to all the neutral stuff we now have/had! lol

Motherofboys - :happydance: I'm so pleased for you. I admit I'm hoping my hubby will have a change of heart but I think I know deep down that it's not going to happen. I hope that this year is full of fun for you and then it happens quickly.

Thank you. I've got a few trips with friends and things planned so hoping that makes it go quickly, and it's already nearing the end of April, before we know it the summer holidays will be over and we will be talking October birthdays and christmas, I'm sure it will fly by.
Hope your dh changes his mind, maybe once you're all settled and he is feeling more stable in his new job etc it will seem like a good idea to him

Yaayy that's good news motherofboys!!.
I'm 3 days overdue with DS 3 and already thinking about the 4th, but don't think hubby will agree!.

Great news about ttc one more time motherofboys.

hope your lo makes an appearance soon dollych

Fab news motherofboys

hope baby comes soon dolly!

I've done 1st knowing sex and 2nd team yellow, for me I'd never find out again. Once I'd gone through labor I didn't care, I think I'd have felt slightly disappointed at the 20 week scan.

I can't wait to have that experience. Of course I'll be fully expecting a boy, and hopefully be prepared to find boy parts at birth. I think I'm maybe going to tell everyone it's a boy anyway, because the "maybe it'll be a girl this time" with ds4 was a killer, and we found out at 16 weeks with him.

For me, I know I would have been disappointed if I had gotten a 20-week scan and found out then, but finding out at birth was so lovely! I didn't care at all and bonded to him instantly.

Awww motherofboys that's fab :) look forward to your TTC journey.

I was team yellow first time, but I thought several times I saw his willy on scans so it didn't feel much of a surprise. The second I was convinced he was a girl and knew I would suffer disappointment if he wasn't (I had a small amount when DS1 was born and it did spoil the experience). So we found out, I was disappointed for a fair while then processed it and bonded with him so deeply, in a way I never did with DS1.

Then DS3 I felt under pressure to find out and process my disappointment if there was some as well as sorting my baby clothes. My family were harping on about it being a girl straight away and I didn't want the pressure for the pregnancy/birth.
It immediately relieved that pressure knowing and I feel so blessed to be getting a third healthy son (who is endlessly kicking me atm) and again I've bonded and accepted him.
I would consider team yellow if there's a next time, but I would have to make sure I didn't see the bits in the scan. I don't know. If it happens we'll decide at the time.

I didn't have scans so I was really pleased with there being nobody who knew. :) I do see how it would ruin the surprise if you thought you saw the sex on a scan. I totally thought I'd be disappointed because I was SO convinced I was having another girl, but I wasn't at all. I think DH was a bit, but he's good now.

DH was all set to get a vasectomy next week. I even made the call to schedule it, but then I chickened out. Something about reading the phrase on the registration form "I do not want any more children in this lifetime" made it seem too real. Stupid emotions! I'm sure I don't want anymore kids, but at the same time we're still young and I don't know what we'll be feeling in 10 years.

I was 100% on it and so was he (haha, he still is), but something about the suddenness and permanence changed my mind. He's so awesome that he cancelled it knowing how I felt... I'll be 37 when my kids are 10 and 12, a practising midwife for 6 years, and who knows - maybe we'll miss having a baby around!

I think it's good to leave time. You don't know what's ahead and I think you go on a roller coaster of emotions when your babies are small.
We will have to opt for a vacestomy at some stage, I don't want to be on anything hormonal or buying stupid condoms. The coil I've heard too many negative experiences and that it can potentially effect fertility anyway.

I think the chances of us accidentally conceiving are pretty slim for a number of reasons, if we decide against a 4th it'll be the route we go at that point. DH will be 35/36 and I'll be 29/30.

I wouldn't want to be on any hormonal contraception long term, and don't like the idea of anything being put in me like the coil or implant, so eventually a vasectomy is the way we would go as well, I'm just not sure when yet. There's definitely one more on the cards, and I think that will be it but until we are sure that there isn't the tiniest chance we could squeeze another in then I won't happen. I guess it depends how quickly a 5th happens and where we are, house and finance wise. Ultimately, as much as I want a girl, gender doesn't play that huge a part in it. We always planned for 5 or 6 and I can well see myself being broody again even with a daughter. I always like the idea of starting and finishing with a boy LOL

The waiting list for a vasectomy in Northern Ireland (where we are) can exceed 12 months! It's pretty crazy. I imagine there's a lot of accidental conceptions in the waiting period...

You can get one after 2 weeks at some places across the water! It's insane.

I can't imagine dh get time the snip any time soon, it's just so perminant, having said that maybe once we feel like our family is Def complete we'd feel differently. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->