The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Ohh good luck, hope they accept the dog, I think as a landlord I would be more worried about kids than pets too :haha:

I have been googling statistics of having a girl after two boys today, such mixed responses ... Why do I do it to myself?!!

I did that Kaths! Googled the odds. Crazy eh?

Yup really is!! some say it's always 50/50 some say 75% likely to be another boy ..I don't know why but I just don't think a girl will happen to me. Especially as there are no girls in OHs family, and reading that some men do have more boy sperm than girl and vice versa - surely this affects the odds majorly!
Find out in 6 days!

I really thought I would have another boy..so you never know Kath. Can't wait to hear in 6days :)

I did that, it is confusing. I think it's near enough 50/50 each time but statistically rhe number of people with 2 or 3 the same is quite high. I think after 3 the percentage of same gender families starts dropping. But honestly all the statistics are no comfort. Even if it said 1% of people have a 5th boy I'd assume I was going to be in that 1%. Unless they could say 100% of people get the opposite after 4 of the same it wouldn't make me feel any more hopeful lol
Also the sperm thing. my understanding is that the way sperm are made they have to be made in equal numbers of x and y, but they are not 'released' in equal numbers so it's possible to give a sample for testing that is very heavy in x or Y chromosomes and appear that that man can only/is more likely to produce that gender.
I could have misunderstood but thats what I was told when I asked elsewhere about only producing one gender because DH was convinced his cousin had a test and only made girls so had the snip (had has 2 girls) and that he (DH) must be the opposite of his cousin.

I read that after 2 the percentage goes up by 3%, after 3 it's 6% and then I'm not sure after that, in favour of more of the same gender. I know i would be 6% more likely to have a 4th boy statistically speaking. Everyone gets pigeon pairs in our families (aside from a couple of people with 2 the same) so we're odd in that respect. Curious to know what i would have had if we don't get a 4th though. Kind of intriguing lol.

https://www.genderdreaming.com/xx-or-xy-odds/

Statistically there is a 12% chance of having 4 of the same gender and 6% chance of 5 of the same gender. So I guess that's like 6% of families have 5 of the same, so chance of the same goes up, but number of families with that many the same goes down. If that makes sense, I don't know how to word it lol

I did that, it is confusing. I think it's near enough 50/50 each time but statistically rhe number of people with 2 or 3 the same is quite high. I think after 3 the percentage of same gender families starts dropping. But honestly all the statistics are no comfort. Even if it said 1% of people have a 5th boy I'd assume I was going to be in that 1%. Unless they could say 100% of people get the opposite after 4 of the same it wouldn't make me feel any more hopeful lol
Also the sperm thing. my understanding is that the way sperm are made they have to be made in equal numbers of x and y, but they are not 'released' in equal numbers so it's possible to give a sample for testing that is very heavy in x or Y chromosomes and appear that that man can only/is more likely to produce that gender.
I could have misunderstood but thats what I was told when I asked elsewhere about only producing one gender because DH was convinced his cousin had a test and only made girls so had the snip (had has 2 girls) and that he (DH) must be the opposite of his cousin.

That's all really interesting! And like you say unless something is 100% there is always a chance against the odds! This is my third and last so what will be will be now.

Just looking through the first post, there are lots of women with 3 of the same isn't there!! Wayyyyy outnumbers the ones with 2 of the same and then the opposite! 3 days to go :)

OHs aunt came in to see him at work today and said 'we're all hoping for a girl' (that's basically all OHs family plus my mum and friends all praying for a girl) arghhh - oh gosh..the pressure!! :cry:

I wish people would just not say anything. Do they honestly not think that you may be hoping that yourself and they could upset you?

I wish people would just not say anything. Do they honestly not think that you may be hoping that yourself and they could upset you?

I know, it's not like it's a choice is it..
I haven't told anyone about wanting a girl (not even OH really), I've played it down to everyone saying I'm kinda hoping for a boy just to stop the comments but they are still coming!
It's just horrible that if baby is a boy how disappointed people will be, I'm a sensitive person anyway and hate to let people down :cry:
I don't want people to be disappointed by my precious baby just because it's a boy :cry:

Yep I got that from my family and dh's really doesn't help does it...why people have to say anything is beyond me :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->