The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

A lady in my first birth group had 4 boys then lost her daughter at 23 weeks, followed by another son she lost at similar gestation :-( very very hard.

My eldest doesn't really like films, but he found the scary snowman in Frozen a bit much and didn't want to watch it again, he mainly likes things where there is nothing scary!

It's funny I really want an un-girly daughter, girly would be ok but I'd have more fun with a girl like I was probably. Boys do suit me, and they rock, I guess I miss that maternal side. Seeing a daughter through pregnancy is something I feel I'm missing out on, I doubt I can find the same connection with a daughter in law/sons partner, but I hope I will.

I know I can't see it being the same with a daughter in law or even a granddaughter

I know I can't see it being the same with a daughter in law or even a granddaughter

Don't be so sure. I would have happily have had my MIL in the birthing room with me. My Mum not so much. I'm not close at all with my mum, it's more of an acquaintance-ship than a friendship but because she's my mum and I obviously love her I do try with things like birthday cards etc, but I only see her half a dozen times a year and she's not allowed the boys on her own (long story) but she couldn't cope with them anyway so it's no loss really. My MIL has the boys overnight if we need her too, and she will come and babysit. We visit about every month or so, and I even chat with her on the phone if she calls which annoys hubby as he thinks we're plotting against him lol :haha: She is a former nurse so very steady and calm and I like that about her. I feel a bit bad actually as it's looking highly unlikely that my SIL will ever get around to childbearing, and I always said that MIL couldn't come to scans etc as she'd get to do that with SIL. Feel a bit guilty that I have denied her that.

I'm not close to my mum and only see her once a year but I can't stand MIL either. And I just think all those things you do with your daughter, all the things you teach her, they just don't happen with a daughter in law, she's already grown up.

So had my scan, it is indeed 2 boys.
Tired very hard not to cry at the scan. soon as we got out DH put his arms around me and I burst into tears.
Then when I told my mum, she said " oh I know you was hoping for a girl" and then I burst into tears again. I feel so selfish for feeling like this. 😭😭
My mum also came out with "I really wanted another grand daughter" and to top it off my daughter said "aww but I wanted a sister"

I know the boys will be loved by everyone but I can't help but feel upset about having no more girls.My entire house is going to be full of boy stuff 😭 even my DD is more like a boy than a girl ,
I suppose I'll just have to get over it , only girl in the house and stuff

I am an all girl family, I am the middle of 3 girls but can't seem to have my own! x

:hugs: caelli, everyone will adore them once they're here and you might even get a girly boy.

My son was 4 today, the most thing he wanted was a cot and a highchair for his baby doll! My MIL apparently looked loads for a boyish variety and the best she managed for purple with flowers on it lol. I think they're really pretty actually and my son didn't care, he was really pleased with them. Got a touch of pink in the house at last ;). We got him playmobil and I adore playing with all the little pieces with him, so love it now he's a bit older! xx

Congratulations Caelli, be kind to yourself. I think with there being two chances it would be harder to accept.

Obviously they are going to be beautiful little twin boys with a very special bond xx

Not baby related but very exciting. Hubby has landed himself a teaching position from September (he's currently doing his PGCE) so it looks like we'll be moving in July/August and it's also one less thing for him to worry about....now my job begins....packing :argh:

Thanks, we're all very excited indeed. This was always the aim, this is literally hubby's dream come true. He's spent the past 5 years at Uni in order to get this far and he nailed his 2nd ever interview! That to me is pretty impressive :-D I'm incredibly proud of him. The fact that we get to move back to Yorkshire is amazing too....we've been away too long! lol I want my boys to be northerners lol :blush:

aww congrats!

We had good news today too, my son got into the school we wanted after an extremely long nerve wracking day as I didn't get the email until 5.05!!

Great news caro. I remember last year they were supposed to email us at 4pm and I didn't get mine till almost 9pm.

its a crazy system, some of my friends found out first thing, I was the latest of everyone I know, but at least we got our choice. One of my poor friends didn't get any of her top 3 choices.

Those with 3 kids already is it way harder than having 2? My kids have seriously been pushing my buttons lately and I have to say I'm reconsidering No.3 atm. Deep down I want another but my head wonders whether I can cope!

Hi girls, just popping in quickly to send my love to you all <3 <3 <3 and to let you know that (I'm still in absolute disbelief) our baby girl was born at home exactly one week ago today - Clementine Hazel McBride, 6lb6oz (overdue, too!). I never ever expected to get a little girl and am still pinching myself (I feel a bit guilty coming in here to announce so I hope you don't mind xx)

Here is my birth story for anyone who'd like to read it - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...-birth-our-team-yellow-baby.html#post35321889

congratulations to you, will defo give it read thank you as planning my own homebirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->