The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

My hubby won't get the snip. He refuses to let the Dr anywhere near him.

This is the man who broke his collar bone clean in two and refused to get it pinned so now, 3 years later, it's still not fused!! He'd rather have that forever than an op to fix it!

My DH is one of those non-stereotypical men, he doesn't do man flu and will go to the doctors without force. he dislikes the idea of me using hormonal contraceptives as well, he says they can't be good for you (lol) and he was the one who first mentioned that when we were done he'd get the snip.

a 12 month waiting period?! Wow, here in Canada they scheduled him for the very next week!

The copper IUD is my last option so if this doesn't work he's going to have to get the snip anyway. :/ I won't do hormonal methods and I've already gotten pregnant using NFP and the diaphragm. DH refuses to wear condoms, too.

I find it particularly odd that the waiting list is so long in a country where abortion is illegal...but there you are.

We are finally going to move house! Viewed it yesterday, doing paper work Tuesday and the lady said we will hopefully have the keys by the end of next week. Excited.

It's 3 bedrooms, the living room and 2 double bedrooms are only slightly bigger than what we have now (like a few inches each way) but there will only be 2 per room so the boys will have more room, and we will have a hall way rather than the door opening straight into the living room so we can actually use all of that space. The kitchen is like 3 times as wide as what we currently have. We will actually have room to cook without piling things on top of each other, and more cupboard space so we don't have to cram it all in together. The single bedroom is listed as "could accommodate bunk beds", but I think we are going to have that room as our bed should fit in there and then the boys wont be able to fight over who has the larger bedroom. We only sleep in there but they will want space to place.
This is going to sound like really silly things to be excited about, but the bathroom is upstairs, rather than having to walk through the dining room, kitchen and a porch to get to the freezing cold bathroom like we do now. The boys won't be able to moan it's too cold to get in the bath (lol) there is also a downstairs toilet so I can lock the door when I go for a bath and not have people bursting in to pee all the time! There is a shower over the bath, which sounds silly but we couldn't install one here and so we are all quite excited about that. It's all double glazed and has central heating so no more freezing, although I'm quite scared of the idea of a gas bill after 8 years of just electricity and electric heaters. There is a garage and space to park out the back, so no more fighting for a parking space. A small paved back garden and postage stamp front garden. Out the front there isn't a road, just a large green with houses of 3 sides of it so the kids can ride their bikes round the edge and play on the grass and maybe make so new friends. It's only 2 miles away so no need to change school. If you walk down to the 4th side with no houses you come to a road, cross over and walk between 2 of the houses and there is a large play park and field that ds2 can play football on, that again doesn't have a road round it. Just the backs of houses and an allotment.
Only way it could be better is if it were even bigger or if it were in the village we are in now.

sorry to ramble its just very exciting. I'm actually allowed to decorate it lol

I am so so so so so so so so so so so so jealous! :blush:

Congratulations I'm so excited for you! I bet you're planning what to do with each room already. I am getting nowhere looking for houses. I'm hoping that in 2 weeks hubby will be able to help more but for now I'm just getting 'sorry, we're just let it!' every bloody time! lol

It sounds absolutely perfect!

Did I mention I'm jealous! :haha:

Don't blame you being excited! Always good to have more usable space, and I have lived in houses in the past with a downstairs bathroom and it is such a pain!

it'll just be nice to not be falling all over each other all the time. And our neighbours here are ignorant gits. they go out of their way to avoid you and actually blank you if you say hello in passing. we briefly met the neighbours either side of the new house while waiting for the guy to show us around and they were friendly enough (one even told us that friday is bin day lol)
I still can't quite believe we have actually found somewhere after all this time. We only planned to be here 6 months and that was 8 years ago!

excellent news hun! sounds brilliant :), hope everything goes smoothly with the move.

Hope you get somewhere soon aimee-lou.

We're off on holiday tomorrow, my boys have driven me so crazy today, especially my youngest, I seriously hope they settle down or its going to be far from a holiday, grr.

Haha we've just come back from holiday Caro and I feel like I need another to get over the last one :haha:

Ha ha that's what our last one was like. I was pregnant with ds4 at the time and the others were such hard work. We've stuck to days out since lol

House sounds fantastic!!! You'll probably find a gas bill will be cheaper than electric heaters overall, just got to get used to paying it differently!

We'll be moving in October hopefully if we find the right place. Just too far from the PIL here and we'll be a bit closer to DHs work so train will be cheaper too. Really hope we find somewhere where the kids can play outside, we are on a fairly busy road atm.

I just remember a few months ago there was a post on a facebook parenting group I use and people were paying £100 a month direct debit for gas all year round! i don't even use £100 of electric in winter and in summer £10 can last 3 weeks.
Good luck finding the right house for you. We did the paperwork today so now as soon as the keys are ready we just need to sign that papers and that's it.

Wow that was quick. I rang up about a house today which I'm hoping will be a positive experience. It's in the right place, right price and has the right number of rooms (3 beds, separate dining room). Only snag I can see is that it's a new build so the landlord may not want pets at all, but i've said we would like to take our dog and would be willing to add a small amount to the damage deposit if that would sweeten them up. Christ, the 3 kids will do more damage than a small dog! lol. Hoping to hear back from the agent soon as the house only went up today so I'm sure they'll get lots of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->