The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Hubby has agreed to NTNP this cycle!! :happydance: I am trying not to get too excited but we have agreed neither of us are ready to say no more, so we're going to let nature take it's course this cycle and see how we feel at the end of this month. If we're pregnant, great, and if we're not, our response will tell us a lot.

I cannot actually believe we may have a 4th next year! :happydance:

Super exciting about NTNP, Aimee!

I really wish people would keep their opinions about the sex of other people's babies to themselves! That seems so incredibly rude to me!
A colleague of mine (no kids) kept saying she hoped I'd have a boy when she knew I wanted a girl. Now she's pregnant for the first time and I heard someone ask her if she had a preference. She was quick to say "no, my only concern is a healthy baby."
So why does she think she gets to have preference for other people's babies? Grr.

So....it's another boy!!

I feel ok about it at the moment, everything was perfect, baby was healthy and of course that's the main thing. There was a little pang of something when she said but I think I had prepared myself mentally for a boy so yeah will see what the next few days bring once it's sunk in. Really happy though and scan was very lovely and the sonograper was brilliant

Sounds very much like my reaction Kathy, huge congratulations to you!
I got sad the following morning from the scan, talked it over with my friend who found out she was having her 4th boy the day before I did and then got things straight in my head, it really helped.

Triple boy mamas <3 xx

I feel ok this morning, our house is full of choo choos, spiderman and dirty clothes so why change that! Haha.
I'm looking at the positives...3 boys close in age, growing up will be so fun..going camping etc. no splitting interests..princess shows are out of the equation :haha:
so far I'm ok. It's only really the pretty dress thing that upsets me and I can never buy pink tights and pretty matching knickers but hey if that's all I've got to worry about then life is good!
At this point I definitely feel I'm done and will not be trying again! (That will possibly change)!

As you know I could talk all day about my trio of lads! Congratulations on your little boy and glad everything was all good for the scan too. :flower:

kaths, congrats! and I know exactly how you are feeling :) I can't say that I was disappointed to find out this one is a boy, or that it makes me feel any differently towards him. But it's just an odd feeling. Did any of your family have reactions?

It's lovely having 3 boys close in age. My older 3 all have similar interests and share many of the sand friends. They are really close, the only people who can mess with their brothers are them! Lol

kaths, congrats! and I know exactly how you are feeling :) I can't say that I was disappointed to find out this one is a boy, or that it makes me feel any differently towards him. But it's just an odd feeling. Did any of your family have reactions?

Yes, I knew my mum would be disappointed which is why I rang her and not told her face to face. Everyone just seems very numb to the news. I posted last night on facebook I was having a boy, I've had lots of congrats but none from family, they were all over the moon with the first two boys but I guess it's same old same old :( ..I just know if I was having a girl, it would be a whole different story!

It's lovely having 3 boys close in age. My older 3 all have similar interests and share many of the sand friends. They are really close, the only people who can mess with their brothers are them! Lol

Thank you! It's nice to hear!

So Aimee are you hoping still for another boy if you fall with the 4th baby?

So Aimee are you hoping still for another boy if you fall with the 4th baby?

I think I'd probably still like a boy - it would be a lot more convenient and be an awful lot of fun! lol - but I'm not distraught at the thought of a girl anymore like I was a few weeks ago even. To be honest, the gravity of the whole thing has struck me and I wonder how wise it is (bloody psychology! lol) :blush:

Oh and the boys keep asking if we have a girl we need to call her Lola - as in Charlie and Lola lol :haha:

CONGRATULATIONS Kath! Lovely news, I'm glad your feeling ok about 3 boys. So gutted for you though that your family doesn't seem that excited yet :-(. X

I know someone who had her second child just 2 weeks after her sister, she already had a boy called Charlie and her sister had a boy called Ben and I really hoped she would either call her girl Lola so she had Charlie and Lola, or holly so the cousins would be Ben and holly (little Kingdom) but they called her lily instead ha ha

These are awesome :). We're going to be more careful with names in future though (if we get that far) as we have already inadvertently named our children after an 80s pop duo! Charles and Eddie! lol :blush: Need to be more aware next time :haha:

I have my names for both genders already really should be get that far (although normally these change repeatedly during a pregnancy! lol) but we will stay team yellow and I therefore have to think of names for all eventualities. It's so hard!!! :wacko:

You ladies who know what you're having, do you keep names a secret? Or do you tell people? I like the fact that because we don't know, we can't give out names etc so it's all a big surprise. My mum always said that she loves our birth announcements as it's all new information! lol We never tell anyone we're even in labour (apart from the babysitter! lol).

We were told by registrar our next one should be dick! After a Tom and a Harry!! We haven't told anyone our top name for this lo' only the sex. We didn't tell people the sex last time either but was such hard work trying not to say he so we decided this time round we would share the sex but not the name :)

I never gave out names until baby was here. The most I'd say is 'we have a couple we like, nothing set in stone yet though'. I didn't want to look at the baby and think my name didn't fit and everyone already had it in their heads the name was sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->