The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I was on the other Gender specific hopefuls thread and got my dream gender boy, He is my world and all my dreams come true. But now we're ready to try for another, my husband is getting sloppy with our birth control method and told me he was ready for another. I still find myself hoping for another boy with my whole heart, I've always wanted to raise brothers and really wouldn't know how to be a girl mom. He still wants a girl, but would be happy with whoever we end up with.

That being said, for generations my husband family always has a boy then a girl, down to our generation where his cousin who already has a son is pregnant with a daughter. I know it would be a dream come true for almost everyone else but I really want to raise brothers. So now I'm back, kind of trying to conceive, kind of mortified at the thought of a newborn and a toddler, with a boy and desperately hoping for another boy!

Thanks for listening to my rambles lol

Hey, welcome back. Brothers are great, but hey, just because the generations have followed a pattern doesn't mean that you will.
Good luck

Good luck hun. Most likely my families has 1 of each too and we bucked the trend with 2 boys. You never know x

Just popping over to say that after having gender disapointment after finding out I was expecting 2 boys and no girls.
I have delivered my twin boys are im so utterly totally in love with them. My lil guys are the most precious things 💙💙

So just want to say to anyone who got the sex they didn't want , that it will go away and you will love your babies no matter what the gender 😃😃

Congratulations, I love the idea of twins, knowing me I would also have two boys lol

Is anyone else frightened the feeling will never go away? I mean it's not getting any easier so far. Is it going to take until my child baring years are done to full accept that there won't be any girls? Will I always feel a sadness that it was never to be for me?

I am frightened. I still think 'that would be a lovely name if we have a girl' or 'if I have a girl I love that pram'. It's always there. Just subtle sly thoughts that tell me I'm not over it.

It's a scary thought to think you could always feel like someone is missing

I was on the other Gender specific hopefuls thread and got my dream gender boy, He is my world and all my dreams come true. But now we're ready to try for another, my husband is getting sloppy with our birth control method and told me he was ready for another. I still find myself hoping for another boy with my whole heart, I've always wanted to raise brothers and really wouldn't know how to be a girl mom. He still wants a girl, but would be happy with whoever we end up with.

That being said, for generations my husband family always has a boy then a girl, down to our generation where his cousin who already has a son is pregnant with a daughter. I know it would be a dream come true for almost everyone else but I really want to raise brothers. So now I'm back, kind of trying to conceive, kind of mortified at the thought of a newborn and a toddler, with a boy and desperately hoping for another boy!

Thanks for listening to my rambles lol
Welcome back.
Brothers are pretty awesome :) i have 3 boys and they are all so cute when they play nicely ( which isn't very often :haha: ) i hope you get another boy. But if not im sure a sister will go down just a well.

Just popping over to say that after having gender disapointment after finding out I was expecting 2 boys and no girls.
I have delivered my twin boys are im so utterly totally in love with them. My lil guys are the most precious things 💙💙

So just want to say to anyone who got the sex they didn't want , that it will go away and you will love your babies no matter what the gender 😃😃
Congratulations :)

Congratulations, I love the idea of twins, knowing me I would also have two boys lol

Is anyone else frightened the feeling will never go away? I mean it's not getting any easier so far. Is it going to take until my child baring years are done to full accept that there won't be any girls? Will I always feel a sadness that it was never to be for me?
Yes, absolutely.
If this one is a boy, i won't lie, I'll be absolutely gutted. Obviously still loved etc but i was totally done and content with 3 boys. The sadness of not having a girl was still there but the hopefulness of granddaughters in the distance future helped a little.

Hi everyone . I've not been on here for a while. Congrats on your pregnancies :)

Motherofboys I have also been thinking the same lately. My 3rd Boy is 5 months old now. The GD with him obviously went away as soon as he was born and I love him with all my heart, but I still can't shake the feeling of this longing for a Girl. I was ok for a few months ( still thought about having a Girl but not as much) but the feelings have slowly crept back again.
I would love a little Girl so much and feel my life will only be complete when I have a little princess. I just don't feel like my family is complete yet, but hubby is adamant we are not having any more children :(
I have really bad days and also wonder will these feelings ever go away. I honestly don't think they will until I have a Daughter!!....... But it's just not meant to be for me :(
Good luck everyone xx

Hope you don't mind me joining,I have an appointment for coil removal on Friday so will start to ttc from then on. We already have 3 boys and would love love love a little girl..
I'm so nervous about being pregnant and that the possiblilty it could be a boy...of course I would love him but my longing for a little girl would still be there

Misscalais, when is your 12 week scan? Are you going to be looking for the nub?

motherofboys, yes, I am scare of that as well. I have 3 boys, one that's only 8 weeks old, and I'm already ready to start TTC for our 4th (and final) child. If it's not a girl, I can't say I will be devastated, but I will certainly always wonder, and wish, I had had a girl. I won't know that feeling for certain until or unless it happens but I do know our 4th WILL be our last. Scary thought.

I'll be getting my referral today to make an appointment. Ill be trying to book for 13 weeks for a better look at the nub. Im 11 weeks 2 days now. Im really hoping we get a nub shot ive not had one to look at with my other 3. Im still not sure if i even want to find out or not because when i heard boy last time that feeling of disappointment was so overwhelming i had to get up and use the rest room and cried my eyes out. Felt so guilty when i had a healthy little baby wriggling around. I don't want to feel that again.

I think that's what makes it harder. If it's your first baby, or 2nd and you plan more either way, then there's always the feeling of next time, next time will be a girl, I just have to wait a bit. But when you've got 3 or 4 or 5 and the next baby is your last baby, your last chance and then you have to accept its over, that is hard.

I can't imagine not having a 4th now, but I think that's to do with how much I am loving my three boys.
We have agreed we'd really struggle with a fourth boys name though :-/

I think I'd like a 3 year gap ideally next time so a wee summer 2018 baby and then I will surely be done. I don't care right now about gender but I know as they get older the feelings creep back, especially in early preg and TTC.

I feel our (hopefully) fourth will be a boy already.
It'll be a tough choice between not finding out (and being anxious about it all preg but then not caring about the gender at birth) or finding out and feeling that disappointment that I don't want to feel!

I struggled too for a 4th boys name, as mad as it sounds we had difficulty finding a name for our 1st! Pregnancy hormones definitely make a difference to how you feel. I'm going to try to not find next time just because I've never had that experience and I'm already convinced that no matter what I do and how much I hope, I'll still have a 5th boy.

I feel very similar..I've never had a surprise and always wanted to know what we were having but this time when the time comes I half think I want a surprise so that the only thing I will feel when it's born is elation but at the same time I would like to know if it's a girl so I can buy pink everything lol
I was talking to hubby tonight and I'm finding the whole ttc thing quite daunting incase it is a boy

Well that's always been the thing, I was far too impatient with ds1 so found out, then with ds2,3 and 4 I kept saying I had to find out because if it was a girl I would need to go shopping. I was also worried that as I have a history of post natal depression (not linked to gender) that with ds4 when it really mattered to me for the first time rather than just thinking 'oh not this time then' that if I waited it could ruin the experience and I would end up depressed again. Now I'm not so worried about that as I've experienced the full force of gender desire and disappointment. Now it's just that shopping spree thing and the excitement of preparing for a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->