The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I wasnt pregnant. Dh isn't sure he even wants a baby now, he said Friday we would talk about it but he fell asleep, then Saturday all he said was that he was sorry but he just wants to be old now. I feel like curling up in a ball and crying for years. I know I might of had another boy, in fact I'm pretty sure I would have done, but now there's no hope if that's how he feels.
Aww im sorry :(

Hello everyone, just nervously popping my head back in. I'm currently 5+2 weeks pregnant, and the thoughts have started already. I am lucky enough to have one of each but I would just LOVE a sister for my little girl. I keep symptom spotting and associating them with boy girl pregnancies, I feel awful because I know if it's a boy I will love it as much as his brother, but there is such a pining in me for another girl, that I feel a bit daunted about my scan at 16 weeks. Feel so silly!
I hope you get another girl :) if not im sure another boy will be just as lovely x

So sorry motherofboys, hopeful he'll come round if he knows how much it'd mean to you.

Karlikay, hope you get a nothing girl but you'll also be amazed at the bond brothers have.

I've bought a basal thermometer and ov tests! Yay x

Up and down here. I can't decide if my depression is caused by my GD or the GD is just another out let for the depression. I'm trying to concentrate on shopping for Christmas but seeing the girls toys I wish I could buy or the dresses for Christmas day, doesn't always help.
I need to try to move on, but I just don't know how to begin

Hope all you ladies are OK X

I found out I'm pregnant last week,it's early days ATM seeing as I'm a little over 5 weeks.
The boys really want a sister...yes we told them this early as they kept jumping on me. They had always said they wanted another brother up until tonight when they found out the news.

This pregnancy is very different to my boy ones so far...no morning sickness yet...by now I would usually be throwing up morning noon and night

How is everyone else doing? Has everyone who was pregnant had their babies?

Up and down here. I can't decide if my depression is caused by my GD or the GD is just another out let for the depression. I'm trying to concentrate on shopping for Christmas but seeing the girls toys I wish I could buy or the dresses for Christmas day, doesn't always help.
I need to try to move on, but I just don't know how to begin

I am feeling the same way here. I have good days and bad days still. I too still dream of next weeks scan of the lady telling me the first lady was wrong. And walking by the girl toys and only shopping for boys is just tourture. I have almost had to block myself from thinking about the gender of my baby while out and about.

Even my boys keep saying to me they have dreams the baby is actually a girl. Or my five year old with make strange comments about that he wished we would have a girl, or play with toys as babies and the babies are always a girl.

Now with that being said I Love the LO in my tummy regardless.....just don't know why I still feel like this one is still a girl.....Guess wednesday will tell.

It's so hard, when you love the baby but still wish it were the opposite gender.
I'm so up and down, I don't even know what I want myself any more.
When I'm up, I'm happy and I feel like maybe I can do this thing with just boys, I just worry about whether I will regret it down the line and wish I had tried again. But those are the times I feel broody and like I could cope with another baby, whatever the gender.
When I'm down I NEED a girl, but I also don't feel that I can cope with another baby, and what if I'm only obsessing over a girl because I'm so down? I only want a baby if it's a girl at those times. Even though I know I would love it.
We have 1 more possible shot. But the idea of taking that chance is scary as hell too

When I am feeling happy and content and loving my boys I don't care. I think if we had another I'd love another boy.

Then I just think about never ever having a daughter ring me or call by and tell me she's pregnant. It's the thought of only getting a more detached involvement with a possible DIL that upsets me most.
All the boys in Kevs family seem to either end up with horrible women who estrange them from their families (his ex and my SIL for one and his only cousin with a family) or they just stay single for a really really long time. Or always.
The thought of going through either of those scenarios makes me immeasurable sad.

It's their life at the end of the day, I will support whatever they want to do. I just can't stand the thought of my sons getting taken advantage of like so many of the lovely, family orientated men in Kevin's family.

My 23 year old niece is getting married. Listening to her mum talk about the wedding just brings home how that isn't something that will happen in my life.
I know a daughter isn't a guarantee of getting to do that but it's just another thing that I can cross off the list

Im not sure if its ok to update on this thread but just thought id let you gals know that our surprise baby is a girl. I'm very thankful and Dh is finally happy about the pregnancy. Im still terrified she will come out a he! I've read that lots of mums who have multiple boys have this fear though.

All the men in my family all left their moms and don't have a good relationship. Even Dh left and moved far away and doesn't have a good relationship with his mother. Then there is me, the only girl and I'm close with my mom. Sure had a rough time while I was younger but we are close now. I'm scared all my boys will leave and I will be alone. I'm sure there are a good chance or two that one of them will remain more close but I also know that eventually they will rely more on their partners and I become second. And like you have mentioned weddings and babies too will not be the same.

Congrats again miss on getting your pink bundle.

Congrats misscalais.

In my family its been the opposite. My mum and nan were not the closest. I have never been close to my mum. Both my brothers are still really close to her.
In dh family he and his brother are close to their mum, his sister will do anything she can to avoid her. They are all coming for a Christmas meal at ours just before Christmas and the other day I was making the seating plan and he said "put her as far away from Mum as you can"
But even knowing that it isn't always the way I would imagine it to be, it doesn't stop me wanting that. I would like to have a shot at a close female relationship, I don't have that with anyone. And i just don't feel it will be the same with a daughter in law or a granddaughter.

All the men in my family all left their moms and don't have a good relationship. Even Dh left and moved far away and doesn't have a good relationship with his mother. Then there is me, the only girl and I'm close with my mom. Sure had a rough time while I was younger but we are close now. I'm scared all my boys will leave and I will be alone. I'm sure there are a good chance or two that one of them will remain more close but I also know that eventually they will rely more on their partners and I become second. And like you have mentioned weddings and babies too will not be the same.

Congrats again miss on getting your pink bundle.
Thanks hun!
My only brother still lives at home with my mum hes 22 soon :) as well as my 18 year old sister. Myself and my two other sisters moved out early. Big sister and i moved out by 17 and my other little sister moved out at 20. We live 5-12 hours away.
Always fear that my kids will move far away or that my daughter inlaws will hate me.

Congrats misscalais.

In my family its been the opposite. My mum and nan were not the closest. I have never been close to my mum. Both my brothers are still really close to her.
In dh family he and his brother are close to their mum, his sister will do anything she can to avoid her. They are all coming for a Christmas meal at ours just before Christmas and the other day I was making the seating plan and he said "put her as far away from Mum as you can"
But even knowing that it isn't always the way I would imagine it to be, it doesn't stop me wanting that. I would like to have a shot at a close female relationship, I don't have that with anyone. And i just don't feel it will be the same with a daughter in law or a granddaughter.
Thank you.

Do you know what really annoys me? The way that if a fork is close to her mum and talks to her every day people say how wonderful it is that they are so close. If a man talks to him mum every day he is a mummy's boy and needs to cut the apron strings. Boy or girl they are still our babies, why can they not want to talk to their mum just because they happen to be male?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->