The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Having done it both ways now i personally much preferred not knowing until birth. Having said that I've only got 2 boys so far...

just started taking folic acid again in prep...Eek! Ttc in the new year is still on our agenda x

That reminds me-I need folic acid ��
Coil came out today so we are now officially ttc I guess

Exciting! There will be the next bunch of babies being born before we know it

Good luck mumandco! I've totally messed up my pill this week, so much I came on mid cycle, oops, tempted to stop taking it now and just work out what my cycles doing over the next few months to give swaying a better chance, what do you reckon? I've not had a natural cycle since before conceiving my youngest. X

It may be a good idea if you're planning on using timing etc and just to give your cycle time to settle.

I was late in taking a few of mine recently. So much has been going on. But with hubby's healthy we have hardly DTD, I can't exactly remember which dates we did. Just had AF she was short, with a day of light bleeding and the rest sporting with some breaks of 12+ hours between. I'm now becoming so obsessed with the idea of accidentally being pregnant that I even checked my cervix which was high, soft and closed. Now I'm worrying I've done damage if I am. I'm such an idiot. I highly doubt that I am, but this year has been awful and we need some kind of miracle (like a surprise baby....girl) to end it on a better note. Both DH and I lost our Dads, DH is about to lose his Nan, he needs a heart operation (the same one his Dad needed) I've dipped back into depression and every tiny thing that can go wrong, has!

Sorry for yours and your husbands loss motherofboys. I lost my mother this year and know how hard it is to lose a parent :(
I hope your hubby's op goes ok x
I don't think you would have done any damage just by checking your cervix chicks xx
Big hugs to you xx

Caro103- I definitely think that coming off your pill wil be beneficial to you if your planning on ttc soon,atleast by the time that comes around your cycles may have fallen in their natural pattern and the hormones outta your system

sorry for both your losses :(, life is cruel sometimes. I lost my dad when I was 8, it'll be 23 years on Monday, scary!

motherofboys, although unlikely given you did bleed wouldn't that just be a miracle!

I've decided no more pill, not told DH yet but will before we dtd so we can use alternative protection. (he's up for ttc in the new year and swaying so he'll get why coming off the pill now works :) )

It is, the circumstance surrounding each of their deaths were very different, but neither was a peaceful way to go. That's so sad to have lost your dad so young. Mine wasn't around much. My parents divorced when I was 2, he joined the navy and would visit once every time he had leave. Then when I was 8 he stopped coming. I found him when I was 18 and we kept up a relationship over email with the odd visit for a few years before he stopped replying. It wasnt until after his funeral I realised that actually we weren't going to get to rebuild our relationship again, and that I had lost him for the final time. It's opened a whole can of emotional worms about being good enough, I wasn't good enough for him to fight for our relationship, I wasn't good enough for my mum, when it came to the crunch she chose a man over her only daughter, and as stupid as it may sound, I'm not good enough to have a daughter of my own.
I know it's silly to even consider it, you just hear about people falling on the pill and having a lighter bleed that usual that first month. It's probably because I messed up on my pill and took it late. Very late when I had some friends stay. It's not the sort of thing that happens to me, I mean I had enough trouble conceiving ds4 when I hadn't been on any contraception for years! I guess I just need to find something good in all the madness.
I realise this whole post is just ridiculous and I'm being pathetic, please feel free to ignore my ramblings.
DH has been told his op has a 100% success rate at his age and fitness, but it could be up to 10 years before they do it. It's a valve in his heart that needs replacing. It's a case of close monitoring and further scans then in December we will be given a narrower time frame. TTC will depend on what time frame we are realistically looking at. If it's going to be 10 years and he'll still have an awesome success rate then we will probably go for it, sticking to the previous plan, if it's going to be in the next few years, we will wait. If we wait too long, TTC won't happen at all. And I'm a planner, I hate not knowing what to expect and when, and I feel like the worlds worst wife for even thinking about all this when he is waiting for open heart surgery. I would much rather have him, but GD takes over your life at time doesn't it?

Not pathetic at all chicks xx
My mother didn't die peacefully either tbh..I hadn't seen her for a few years but had argued with her on fb msg a month or so before she died..she was mentally ill and apparently a recovering" alcoholic, sadly she took her own life.

Of course you are good enough for a daughter there are just so many factors that play a part in it.
I often wonder how some people have both sexes and others have the same sex continuously.
And your not a bad wife at all,it is hard to push our longing for another baby to one side no matter what the situation x I'm sure your husband would understand that also x

It is, the circumstance surrounding each of their deaths were very different, but neither was a peaceful way to go. That's so sad to have lost your dad so young. Mine wasn't around much. My parents divorced when I was 2, he joined the navy and would visit once every time he had leave. Then when I was 8 he stopped coming. I found him when I was 18 and we kept up a relationship over email with the odd visit for a few years before he stopped replying. It wasnt until after his funeral I realised that actually we weren't going to get to rebuild our relationship again, and that I had lost him for the final time. It's opened a whole can of emotional worms about being good enough, I wasn't good enough for him to fight for our relationship, I wasn't good enough for my mum, when it came to the crunch she chose a man over her only daughter, and as stupid as it may sound, I'm not good enough to have a daughter of my own.
I know it's silly to even consider it, you just hear about people falling on the pill and having a lighter bleed that usual that first month. It's probably because I messed up on my pill and took it late. Very late when I had some friends stay. It's not the sort of thing that happens to me, I mean I had enough trouble conceiving ds4 when I hadn't been on any contraception for years! I guess I just need to find something good in all the madness.
I realise this whole post is just ridiculous and I'm being pathetic, please feel free to ignore my ramblings.
DH has been told his op has a 100% success rate at his age and fitness, but it could be up to 10 years before they do it. It's a valve in his heart that needs replacing. It's a case of close monitoring and further scans then in December we will be given a narrower time frame. TTC will depend on what time frame we are realistically looking at. If it's going to be 10 years and he'll still have an awesome success rate then we will probably go for it, sticking to the previous plan, if it's going to be in the next few years, we will wait. If we wait too long, TTC won't happen at all. And I'm a planner, I hate not knowing what to expect and when, and I feel like the worlds worst wife for even thinking about all this when he is waiting for open heart surgery. I would much rather have him, but GD takes over your life at time doesn't it?
You're not being pathetic at all :hugs: i have a few friends that have got :bfp: on the pill.
Have you taken a test?

That's a lot to go through and can totally see why loads if feelings have been opened up. Not pathetic at all. I really hope you're husband stays well and gets the op he needs. X

Just returning here to see how you are all doing, I've been keeping up with this thread.
Mother of boys, you have every right to feel as you do :hugs:
Caro, definitely agree with stopping the pill now as it can take a few months. It took my periods 2/3 months to get back to normal after the pill and then gives you a few months to chart and see what's going on...don't let any whoopsies happen though :haha: (listen to the queen of woopsies) hee hee..

For me i have no GD at all at the moment I don't think, not sure if that will change once he is here and the realisation will be that I will never have a girl but at this momment I'm on cloud nine and so excited to meet my third boy (due in 3 days).

Not pathetic at all chicks xx
My mother didn't die peacefully either tbh..I hadn't seen her for a few years but had argued with her on fb msg a month or so before she died..she was mentally ill and apparently a recovering" alcoholic, sadly she took her own life.

Of course you are good enough for a daughter there are just so many factors that play a part in it.
I often wonder how some people have both sexes and others have the same sex continuously.
And your not a bad wife at all,it is hard to push our longing for another baby to one side no matter what the situation x I'm sure your husband would understand that also x

My dad took his own life as well, my father in law was ill, he needed the same op DH now needs, only he was a lot further on, almost 30 years older and had poorer overall health. It's very hard to get my head around everything. I have been through really deep depression where I have not wanted to go on living and felt that I was a danger to myself. His family (most of whom I've not seen in 27 years) asked that people make donations to MIND so I'm assuming some sort of mental health issue was at play. He had another son, he just turned 17, he said we can talk more about it all when we meet up, so I may get more answers then.
But I understand what it's like to be in that position, but at the same time, losing someone who was more like a father to me, just months before. Who had to suffer and was fighting to live. It's just scrambled all my thoughts. One person would give anything for more time while another cut their time short.

I've not taken a test, I have to go out tomorrow so I will get a cheap test and do that just to be sure.

I sorted out all the 2-3 clothes for ds4 (how is he that old already?) the boy has more pyjamas than the rest of his clothes put together! No idea why lmao

I wasnt pregnant. Dh isn't sure he even wants a baby now, he said Friday we would talk about it but he fell asleep, then Saturday all he said was that he was sorry but he just wants to be old now. I feel like curling up in a ball and crying for years. I know I might of had another boy, in fact I'm pretty sure I would have done, but now there's no hope if that's how he feels.

Hello everyone, just nervously popping my head back in. I'm currently 5+2 weeks pregnant, and the thoughts have started already. I am lucky enough to have one of each but I would just LOVE a sister for my little girl. I keep symptom spotting and associating them with boy girl pregnancies, I feel awful because I know if it's a boy I will love it as much as his brother, but there is such a pining in me for another girl, that I feel a bit daunted about my scan at 16 weeks. Feel so silly!

I wasnt pregnant. Dh isn't sure he even wants a baby now, he said Friday we would talk about it but he fell asleep, then Saturday all he said was that he was sorry but he just wants to be old now. I feel like curling up in a ball and crying for years. I know I might of had another boy, in fact I'm pretty sure I would have done, but now there's no hope if that's how he feels.

Sorry to hear this! Hope you're ok

Thanks, he spent so long saying that his age didn't matter and that we could have a baby any time because it was may age that mattered as I was carrying the child and that he liked the bigger gap and wasnt worried about being older. Then he uses his age as the reason for not wanting another. I've had 2 years of him saying one thing then another, then I said that I really needed an answer one way or the other. That's when he said we could talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->