the official depo thread!!!

Hey ladies thanks for joining,as u can see depo affected everyones cycle for sooooo long so don't give up hope it just takes a while xx

hi can i join please?

time on depo - 4 years

end date- august 2008

time af took to come back- had first period in oct 2008

time af took to regulate- took over 12 months, regular periods now since november, with one little blip

did doctor ever give any warning- nothing, i was advised to go on it because the pill made me sick. i was only 15, but the should still tell you these things!

bfp- not one :(

time on depo - 3 months

end date - January 2010

time af took to come back- 3 months

time af took to regulate- had to go on trananeamic acid to stop heavy periods and clots each month.

bfp-YEAH THIS MONTH

I got pushed into having the depo injection and i have 3 beautiful children each i fell pregnant within one month and very blessed for that, I was on the pill during these times.

It taken me nearly a year to fall pregnant this time and i know the irregularities are from the depo injection, i started taking agnes cactus for a few months not sure it helped but it may have!!

so keep trying it needs timeto get out of your system, and i got told to detox you body drinks lots of water to get rid of all of the synthetic hormones from it.

fx ladies xxx

Time on Depo: 3 months (1 injection)

End date: september 2009

Time AF took to come back: AF never stopped, on time each month till depo ended, eratic since!!

Time AF took to regulate: Still waiting

BFP: still waiting

bumping back up for you all and adding my details

time on depo - 6 Months

end date- Dec 2009

time af took to come back- 6/7Months

time af took to regulate- still waiting a bit but between 31 -34 days currently before depo was 28days

did doctor ever give any warning- nothing was more pushed into it after having Lo

bfp- never since depo

time on depo - 3 months

end date -October 2010

time af took to come back- 1 month( right now day 4)

hoping for that first BFP

anybody in the same boat? :shrug:

Time on Depo-6 Months(2 shots)
Start Date- November 2009
End date-May 31st 2010

Hey everyone I just want opinions on what you guys think the chances of me concieving are... The thing about it though is that I have an irregular cycle. Sometimes I start earlier and sometimes I start later... I guess I should have put that down... So I mean it could have been the middle of my cycle when we had intercourse, and yet again we had it last night and he ejaculated inside of me.... I hope this time it works because from around November 2009-may 31st 2010 I was on the Depo-Provera shot and discontinued using it b.c of problems it was giving me and I know they say after you get the shot it can take up to a year to concieve but I know plenty of people that have gotten off of the shot after 2 years and got pregnant and I only got 2 or 3 shots and I had never been on it before. Im just scared that I cant concieve but my friend said that its normal for a girl to feel like that.. So idk.. I just hope this time it works because I hate getting my hopes up... Thanks Everyone for your time and responses. :shrug:

hey hun the chance of getting pregnant after no matter how long you have been on it for is just pot luck and how your body reacts, My last shot was due in Dec 09 it took till June ish to get cycles that are 31-34days long my last cycle was 31days. Before depo i was 28days, while on Depo i had no periods. Im counting my year off depo from June in a way since thats when i atlest started to get irregular periods although if i get my 28days back i will start it a freash year again since thats then when my cycles would be 100% back to normal

hey hun the chance of getting pregnant after no matter how long you have been on it for is just pot luck and how your body reacts, My last shot was due in Dec 09 it took till June ish to get cycles that are 31-34days long my last cycle was 31days. Before depo i was 28days, while on Depo i had no periods. Im counting my year off depo from June in a way since thats when i atlest started to get irregular periods although if i get my 28days back i will start it a freash year again since thats then when my cycles would be 100% back to normal

well ive already had mii period so i know im cycling.. but does that still mean that im unable to have babies yet?

well ive already had mii period so i know im cycling.. but does that still mean that im unable to have babies yet?

you can have a baby when ever your body decides hun but just because you have a period does not mean your ovulating, which is why im looking at it the way i am so i dont keep thinking OMG its been a year next month and im not pregnant, im trying to make sure my cycle is "normal" before i start counting for a year.

If you want to make sure everything is working on your side, you could do charting/temping, and taking OPK's to try and pin point ovulation or so show you even are :flower:

iv been off it 21months and no baby :(
cycles come back dec 09 but im sure i wasnt ovulating until july this year!
so everyones different

Hi! Can I join this thread too?

Grrrr, the Depo injection was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. If only I knew then what I know now!

Time on Depo - 7 years +
Last Injection - December 2007
First AF post Depo - August 2008
Time took to regulate - Still waiting really, cycles ranging between 29 - 36 days
BFP - Never! Boo!

My Practice nurse warned me about bone density loss, and encouraged me to come off after about 2 years. As I had no interest in TTC back then, I took no notice, and why would I? No periods = easy life! Just wished I'd listened!

We've been actively TTC since Oct 2008, but really difficult to chart with such irregular cycles. Using CBFM most months, which often shows a peak between days 16-21. I always get a peak, so assumed I was ovulating every time..........Wrong!

CD21 (or 24 - for average cycle length of 31 days) bloods taken 4 times over 4 consecutive months, showed i'd ovulated 2 out of 4 times. Progesterone levels of 2.5, 46.0, 11.5, and finally, 57.0.

Currently awaiting further investigations, but GP is being a typical GP, and being a bit slow on the uptake. I go back next Tues (first available appt) to demand he does something! OH's SA was ok, and that's what he was waiting for before he referred me for anything else. If he tells me to "Relax, it'll happen eventually, you're only 28" once more, I may have to hurt him!!

Sorry about the long post, nice to finally find a relevent thread. Been lurking for a long time, but don't often post on B 'N' B :)

Hi Ladies

We have only just started TTC, I came off Depo about 3 years ago (i cant remember!!) but was on it for 5 years :( at the time I wasnt planning on getting preg as hubby didnt want children. Luckily for me he has changed his mind :happydance:so been TTC recently.

I hadnt really thought about problems after having Depo as my periods have been fine for about 2 years, do you think I still need to worry??

Thank you:flower:

hey i only ever had one shot of depo17th january this year...one shot was enough for me, the things pure evil. still trying to concieve now. xx

https://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6623/dscn1248o.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bfp 7dpo ,bfn again today

7DPO is way to early for a clearblue digi hun alot of people have said there weaker than teh cheapies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->