The "Random chat" thread! ;)

Megg I think you do Brit very well! I sometimes forget you're from the US!

Well if you want some local phrases I'll give you some as I'm a Lancashire girl born and bred (although due to marriage have lived in Nottingham for 3 years - Mansfield in particular which also has some interesting local lingo)

My dad always says "put'th wood int 'ole" translated to "shut the door!" lol!

Megg you ought to watch a Peter Kay stand up dvd! You'll learn lots of Brit, Lancashire in particular! Hilarious!

ANYWAY! on another note...................................

since when does Nando's do take away?????????? Is this just a London thing? I'm so jealous! We don't have Nando's in our town so its either when I go Manchester or Meadowhall that I can have one!!!!

I'll definitely check him out! Thanks! And thanks as well for the compliment on my Brit! It seems that my brain has gone all Brit on me without much effort on my part! :rofl:

I got a passport can I come too. BTW I love the cheescake factory!!!

I went to Vegas for my honeymoon and LOVED the cheesecake factory! It was my fave meal!! And probably the cheapest! Oh I loved Vegas, it was my fave place in the whole world! So much fun!!! X

Hmmm Cheesecake factory! Worth a trip out just for that I say!
Beadette- never been to Vegas- Did you win?

puppymom- the more the merrier- though I will request a cheesecake slice to bring with you please...

LOVE the Cheesecake Factory! Woohoo! Amy's coming with me! :happydance:

I could go for a piece right about now!

Megg I think you do Brit very well! I sometimes forget you're from the US!

Well if you want some local phrases I'll give you some as I'm a Lancashire girl born and bred (although due to marriage have lived in Nottingham for 3 years - Mansfield in particular which also has some interesting local lingo)

My dad always says "put'th wood int 'ole" translated to "shut the door!" lol!

Megg you ought to watch a Peter Kay stand up dvd! You'll learn lots of Brit, Lancashire in particular! Hilarious!

ANYWAY! on another note...................................

since when does Nando's do take away?????????? Is this just a London thing? I'm so jealous! We don't have Nando's in our town so its either when I go Manchester or Meadowhall that I can have one!!!!

Oh hun they all do take away go onto there web site look for your local and it will give you take away number only thing is they don't deliver but OMG well worth going to pick up ours is only 10 min drive down road so no prob's xx

Just popping in to share my favourite brits sayings. I'm originally from France, lived in the US for 6 years, now in the UK since 1996. Anyway, when my American friend came over to visit a couple of years ago, her favourites were: 'will you pack it in', and 'bugger off'. She imagined coming home to her DH telling him that resulting in him getting his suitcases ready!!!

My OH makes fun of me because I still use the word 'turning signals' rather than 'indicators' and he founds it hillarious that my very british kids do the same!

:rofl: oh girl u do make me laugh and i had a nice new york cheese cake last night but only from tescos :rofl: id soooo love to come to this factory place its so unfair :growlmad:

and as for brit speaking megg huns ur doing fab i never realised u were from US till i saw it under ur username and i do love the way we speak my favorite saying of ours is "alright keep ur air on" :rofl:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Nandooooooooos... There is one just a 15 minute walk from here. And it IS lunchtime. *drool*

Ooh, you've lost me a bit with "pack it in" and "keep your air on"... I don't think I know the appropriate context for either of those! Haha! You'll have to help an American sister out! :rofl:

Ooh, you've lost me a bit with "pack it in" and "keep your air on"... I don't think I know the appropriate context for either of those! Haha! You'll have to help an American sister out! :rofl:

Lol - Brit translation.....

Pack it in = Stop it!

Keep your air on ("keep your hair on") = calm down, chill out

Made me laugh.

Ohhhhhh! Gotcha! Thanks! I'll add them to the arsenal! Haha!

Charliemarina...happy to see you decided to go for it this cycle. I think you have an intuition when your body is ready to try again and I think its best to get back in the saddle asap. Good luck. x

Hey ladie's well all i can say is OMG im so glad i did cave now just check out my chart and i have 3 very obvious symptoms today. Hunger and i mean i never eat loads and i couldn't name what iv eaten today there's so much. Also havin very lotiony cm and moody as hell :dance: ok so i need to keep my air on :rofl: gettin giddy now lol xx

Aw I'm chuffed at your symptoms hun! Good luck x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->