The 'Three is the Magic Number' Group thread

I am not too sure what to think! A boy next would be really nice, but I have always seen myself as a mom to girls:) My husband is the same way, we will be thrilled either way. To be honest, I have no idea what I would name a boy!! I could name 10 more girls, but have always had trouble with a boys name!!

Another crazy here. I have 2 older kids (7 and 9) from a previous marriage. My partner now and I are in the mulling-it-over-but-probably-yes phase of increasing our family size. I like seeing that there are so many others looking do make the leap to three :)
Also, I'm new here! Hi!

Can I join too, Im Laura and have a 2 year old girl and 8 month boy and wtt until end of next year. Would he ready now but childcare so expensive waiting for my eldest to be at school. Look forward to getting to know you all x

Can I join too, Im Laura and have a 2 year old girl and 8 month boy and wtt until end of next year. Would he ready now but childcare so expensive waiting for my eldest to be at school. Look forward to getting to know you all x

That is why I am waiting too! My oldest will be starting grade one, by the time I go back to work from my year mat. leave. Would be way too expensive with 3 in full-time childcare!:wacko:

I am waiting until my eldest gets her 15 hours in preschool and until she is out of the pram Lol :)xx

Hi, hoping to join you with my first post. I've been married to my OH for 4 years this July and we have 2 kids, a 4 year old girl (5 in July) and a little boy who's not long turned 3. We'd always said we were done at 2 but as they got older I'd get the feeling more and more that we weren't quite done. We've been too-ing and fro-ing for the last year or so about whether or not to have more and every pro has so far outweighed the cons.

We're WTT until we get into a bigger house since it's a bit of a squeeze in our little 2 bed terrace. Sausages, I'd love to hear about how your friend manages in a 2 bed bungalow! I
Guess it complicates it a bit that I have 1 of each sex, if they were all the same gender we could squeeze as many as we wanted in one room and no one would bat an eye!

If it were up to me I would be pregnant tomorrow but I know this time we're going to have to be sensible or else it's going to make things a lot harder for a lot longer. Or I could just hope for a lottery win... If only!

Hi everyone! I'm back from my jollies now. :) We had an awesome week in Bournemouth, the sun was hot and shiny! :)

aidensxmomma, how are your periods now? Have they settled a little?

addy1, i always have trouble with boys namesd too!! I have a gazillion i like for girls, but boys are harder. I like unusual names, but i don't think you can "get away" with as much for boys.

amynedd, welcome! :)

itstime, welcome to you as well! I know what you mean about waiting due to childcare. We're the same, but the time is NOW. lol!

whiskeygalore, welcome! My friend has her two girls in bunk beds in the second bedroom (age 3 and 6) and their son who is about 12 months shares their room in his cot. It's a squeeze, but they're all happy enough. :) I saw an artice in one of the homes magazines i get about a family in London who live in a one bedroom flat - the couple, their two kids and a DOG! lol! The'd got very creative with the space. lol!

Well, if it was entirely up to me we would be NTNP this month, but i daren't hope. DH got a bit less careful with his pulling out at the end of last cycle and basically didn't from CD20. It was fine since i usually O at about CD17. Now this cycle so far he's not pulled out either, but then i am only on CD8 today. I guess time will tell. I can't mention it to him, partly because i prefer living in hope and don't want to hear a disappointing answer and partly because i don't want to bug him. If he does decide to have another it will be on his terms, and i'm okay with that. I'll just have to see what happens over the next week or so.

Sausages, I'm just impressed that your husband knows your cycle!! My DH is so clueless when it comes to that stuff!! :haha:

Still hoping to get pregnant in November....it would be the ideal month for us. Getting harder and harder to wait though! Can't wait to finally be TTC!!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while - we are trying to get our house ready to sell, so have been busy repainting, cleaning etc - how are you all?

Welcome to the new ladies! We are considering ntnp fro.m next month - I suppose it depends onnour house selling. We are like some of you, thinking about the space issue.

I have two boys, so I am like you Amy, thinking that if we have a baby number three, we will probably gave another boy - I see myself as a 'mum of boys' and would be happy with that. A girl would be great as well though. Just have to wait and see - exciting thinking about who the next member of your family will be.

Ahh, so you would like an August/September baby addy1? Why would that be a good time? Is it to do with work or childcare or something?

I'd like a March > September baby mainly because my youngest gets his free nursery hours in January, so i will be able to have some rest time in later pregnancy. Plus, some one on one time with new baby. We also have DDs birthday in January and DSs in October.

Oooh Poppy, where are you moving to? Upsizing? Downsizing? Change of location? I love all things housey! :) I moved when i was pregnant with our first and it was stressful cause i had to move in with mum and did for a month while we sorted out our house, which needed work doing. We got in about a month before he was born though and it was worth it.

ETA: addy1, he absolutely does know my cycle and it used to surprise me! But then he was like, "I know when you're due on cause you're moody and i know when you're on cause you tell me. Then I can completely tell when you're fertile cause you want to do it all the time!" lol! True dat!

Haha, my husband is so clueless! He has no idea about anything to do with my cycle...just when AF arrives! haha.

I am really wanting a late August baby for work reasons....I'm a teacher, so would be nice to miss the whole school year with my maternity leave, instead of leaving/coming back part way through a year. Also, both my girls are spring babies, so would be nice to have a break from birthday parties!!

Oooooh, so glad I found you all :)

We're WTT for our third and will probably start TTC in July providing I get my back 'fixed' next month. (Caudal Epidural for sciatica).

We have DD Aimee (5) and DS Rafe (2) and I too got the feeling after having Rafe (despite saying he was the last) that we weren't quite done. So here I am again :)

XxX:kiss:

Hi everyone,

It's nice to not feel so alone in all of this. I have this deep seeded feeling of wanting another baby. At moments I feel selfish, at other moments I think I'm crazy, and then there are these quiet moments when I'm by myself where I'm really at peace with wanting another baby. Our lives are hectic- My husband works full-time, work part-time and attend college full-time.
I know that men don't technically have a biological clock, but my husband just turned 35 and I will be 24 in September. He has already made it clear that he doesn't want to have kids within a year of 40 or into his 40's. I completely understand where he is coming from.
He doesn't really talk about having another baby. If I try to talk to him the subject normally changes. He has entertained the idea but has told me, "we'll see."
When I asked about TTC in spring 2014, he was open to it and didn't shoot me down. lol
He wants another-he desperately wants a boy as do I. We would love a happy healthy baby, but a little boy would just be so different. Ahhh! Now I have butterflies.

Hi Loulou and KA! Welcome.

Hey Sausages - yes I love all things housey at the moment as well, even though the whole selling the house thing is a bit stressful. We have just finished doing the house up, painting, decluttering etc and have just handed in the property questionnaire to the solicitor. Now waiting for the surveyor to come round and value the property and get photos done but then the property will be on the market, hopefully next week (fingers crossed).

We want a bigger house with a garden of our own - we share with the upstairs flats at the moment. Our flat is really good, we do have three bedrooms but we would like to have a bigger kitchen as ours is quite small, more storage space and a playroom area. We also would like to move slightly out of the city as we are in the city centre at the moment. A more rural community feel is what we would like.

The timing is a bit difficult with Tristan starting school in August as things feel a bit rushed. I worry that he will have to start a school where we are and then will have to move him a few months later, but I suppose children just get used to things like that at that age, I, as a mum, just worry about it - I want him to feel to feel happy and settled in his new school. We would have moved earlier but were not financially there before now. Hopefully things will move fast once the house goes on the market.

xxx

Hi.
This is an interesting thread. I don't really belong here though as I have only one at this time. We definitely will be having a second (ttc next march I think).
But. Two children just seems...i don't know... Empty to me for some reason. I was an only child (and hubby was too for 16 years anyway) and definitely won't be raising an only.
In my mind I've idealized the number 3 or better yet 4. Am I silly?
Hubby says well see. Two is enough. Especially if we have a girl next time. But I always tell him that it doesn't seem complete to me.
You ladies have more experience and have the "right" I guess to truly decide if two is not enough. I don't think I do right now.

Have you ladies always felt this way? Even before your second came along?
Thanks for any help or advice. And sorry if I'm butting in.

Hi girls and welcome to all the newbies. :) I'm sorry, ive not got time to respond properly at the minute cause i'm about to start work. I'll come back tonight!

DH pulled out last night. I knew it would be the decider, cause i will be ovulating within about a week. I'd built up this month as the month i wanted to start NTNP and i really did have high hopes that he would be on board and that he just needed to be left alone about it. Especially with him not pulling out since CD20 of last cycle. But i guess he's not on the same page at all.

To be honest though i don't know how i feel about that now. It got me to thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Don't get me wrong i absolutely do 100% want another baby, however, i can wait a while if it is taking longer for him to come around. If i'm not pregnant by September i'll be starting rehearsals for next year's pantomime so that's something i love that i can't be pregnant for. Plus, my dad is in hospital again. It's a long story and we almost lost him at Christmas, but he's doing okay now. He's just been in with an infection but had to have an operation to remove an abscess. Maybe the timing is wrong anyway.

Well, however right or wrong i'm still feeling upset by it. I don't know whether to mention it to DH or not, because i don't want to annoy him about it. I think i will wait until after i've been fertile this cycle and then it's not an immediate issue, so he doesn't feel pressured about it or like he has to make quick decisions or anything.

:(

hi everyone!!

i am another crazy and want to join you too!!

I'm 34 and have two kids. DD just turned 3. DS is 15 months.

I have tried very hard to be happy with only two but its just not working and we have decided to start TTCing in feb next year. have to wait awhile as we need me to return to work first (i havent worked in awhile and am currently training to be a teacher) which cant happen to the new school year starting in jan and we have a two month overseas trip booked for 2 months starting jan. I have travelled in first trimester before and i have no wish to repeat it!! (i get quite ill). i also have no desire to repeat our current age gap. i didnt find the first year of two children enjoyable at all!!

I am one of 5 so i guess its not surprising thati have found 2 too small. DH is 1 of 3 and even more on board than me about having another.

we live in a 3brm house but i already have the kids in the same room. it works very well and they love it. i dont care that they are different sexes. they see each otehr naked in the bath every night anyway!!

i will be a school teacher too, but our school year follows the calendar year here so hoping for a feb baby as that would work in nicely!! i have pretty crap cycles though. i really hope it doesnt take too long as the way cc benefits works here in australia would mean that if i have to return to work the following year, that child care would cost more than what i earn :-/

I am totally and utterly dreading returning to work. im going to have to work full time as a graduate teacher, i am no doubt going to have very little time for the kids :( it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

As for flying in pregnancy (poppy i think?), last pregnancy we went to asia with our one year old when i was 20 weeks and it was fantastic!!! best time to travel in pregnancy i think. i would travel anytime from 16-28 weeks (like i said, im too ill for early pregnancy travel).

eleanor ace - yay for a baby violet. thats our top girls name for next time.

addy1 - i feel the same way about boys names - so hard! so many fights over my son's name and we didnt decide until after he was born and i still ended up with a name that i dont really like

reidfidleir - i always only wanted two until i had my first baby and i knew that i wanted more than just one more. we had our first two relatively close together to give more time for a third.

Hi girls and welcome to all the newbies. :) I'm sorry, ive not got time to respond properly at the minute cause i'm about to start work. I'll come back tonight!

DH pulled out last night. I knew it would be the decider, cause i will be ovulating within about a week. I'd built up this month as the month i wanted to start NTNP and i really did have high hopes that he would be on board and that he just needed to be left alone about it. Especially with him not pulling out since CD20 of last cycle. But i guess he's not on the same page at all.

To be honest though i don't know how i feel about that now. It got me to thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Don't get me wrong i absolutely do 100% want another baby, however, i can wait a while if it is taking longer for him to come around. If i'm not pregnant by September i'll be starting rehearsals for next year's pantomime so that's something i love that i can't be pregnant for. Plus, my dad is in hospital again. It's a long story and we almost lost him at Christmas, but he's doing okay now. He's just been in with an infection but had to have an operation to remove an abscess. Maybe the timing is wrong anyway.

Well, however right or wrong i'm still feeling upset by it. I don't know whether to mention it to DH or not, because i don't want to annoy him about it. I think i will wait until after i've been fertile this cycle and then it's not an immediate issue, so he doesn't feel pressured about it or like he has to make quick decisions or anything.

:(

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this hun :( It probably is best to talk to him or mention it I think. Hopefully he'll come around :)

XxX:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->