The 'Three is the Magic Number' Group thread

Nat good luck with the next test - I have no idea how you get a positive BFP with betas of 3 but maybe that baby just wanted to be known about really early. It sounds good if there has been no more bleeding - fingers crossed for you.

I've no idea either but got 2-3 weeks on a digi yesterday. No more bleeding :happydance:

Roll on Saturday!

That's great Nat! Sounds very promising.

My SIL has just been diagnosed with a second ectopic pregnancy - she told us only recently that she was pregnant - her DH and her have been married only one year next week so having two ectopics in one year has hit them hard. She will have surgery for it tonight - and then I guess she will have to have IVF. I feel so bad for her - I know she is longing for a baby and has gone through so much. I am also not really sure what to say to her since I have two children and she has lost two - its hard to know what she can handle to hear from other people. So far I have just told her we are thinking of her during this hard time.

I have rough pregnancies and a lot of risks but feel very lucky today that I can even be contemplating a third and that I have my two precious children with me.

That's great Nat! Sounds very promising.

My SIL has just been diagnosed with a second ectopic pregnancy - she told us only recently that she was pregnant - her DH and her have been married only one year next week so having two ectopics in one year has hit them hard. She will have surgery for it tonight - and then I guess she will have to have IVF. I feel so bad for her - I know she is longing for a baby and has gone through so much. I am also not really sure what to say to her since I have two children and she has lost two - its hard to know what she can handle to hear from other people. So far I have just told her we are thinking of her during this hard time.

I have rough pregnancies and a lot of risks but feel very lucky today that I can even be contemplating a third and that I have my two precious children with me.

I hope so, fx.

It's really tough but you shouldn't feel guilty for what you have. I believe in fate and we don't always know why something is happening at the time but it always becomes apparent later on.

Just offer your support and take your cue from her. She might want sympathy or she might want a positive going forward approach.

I always count my blessings but they've not come without hard times too and the same is true for everyone xx

We have chosen to wait so long because we want to wait for Aaryella to be in school and Angelyca to either b about to start school or be in school. And another reason is my dh's two older kids that live with there mother will be 19 and 17 so the child support for his oldest will b over and he will b close on finishing paying on the other.. so we will b in a better finaincal place.. I hope that doesn't sound greedy as I feel it will make us be in a better place as I want to have two close together again.. I know for sure I'm not done but right now im really enjoy my two little babies..

Tanikit - Sorry to hear about you SIL! The only thing you can do is be there for her when she wants to talk about it. I know with my loss, it was nice to have people there to listen. Everyone handles these things differently, so like Nat said, take the cue from her.

Nat - That's awesome to get a 2-3 weeks on the digital!

bbygurl - Nothing wrong with waiting, and nothing greedy about it at all! We all have a specific time in our heads (ours is November) that would be ideal!

As for me, just sitting here waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting......come on November!

Addy - thanks. Fingers crossed for a good beta tomorrow!

November is sooooo close, it'll be here before you know it xx

November is really close... trust me I know my draughts 2nd bday is in November. Lol. When we do try I'm hoping we get a spring or summer baby as Ella is a thanksgiving baby and angel is a christmas baby lol..

Hi ladies :wave: I'm WTT baby number three. Our son is 3 coming up 4, and our daughter just turned 1, and I already want the next one! We are waiting until our youngest is 3 to try for the next one, so summer 2015, it seems sooo far away but no doubt it will fly, her first year has! I'm going to use this time in between to enjoy my two monkeys and get myself into better shape :)

November is really close... trust me I know my draughts 2nd bday is in November. Lol. When we do try I'm hoping we get a spring or summer baby as Ella is a thanksgiving baby and angel is a christmas baby lol..

We are hoping for a spring baby too as my dd is 2 in September, ds is 1 in november, then its my birthday and Christmas, too much going on in Autumn/winter :dohh:

My DD is 2 in September and DS is 1 in October so we aren't spaced out either xx

Hi girls!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while - have been so busy! We have sold our house and bought a new one! It was really good, we were lucky - our house was on sale for less than a week when we sold it and the property we wanted was still available, so we put in an offer and it was accepted, then we were on holiday for a week. We move in at the end of August.

Probably start ttcing in the next couple of months. I am so excited but a bit nervous as well. I am going to try and go to the gym as much as I can in the meantime to see if I can drop half a stone or so before ttcing.

How are you all doing?

Hey Sausages,

Sorry to hear that your hubbie is not on board - maybe he will come round in time, especially when he knows how much it means to you and that you are not changing your feelings over time. You mention that you may feel resentment in the future if you don't have a third child and that he may feel resentful of having to work harder - however, I really don't think if you had a third child he would regret that child. Once he/she was born, your dh would love them unconditionally and never regret their birth. He would not think about what life would be like without them.

I hope your husband changes his mind.

xxx

Both my girls are spring babies, so needing a break from birthday parties! Hoping for a late summer/fall baby.

Good to hear from you Poppy! :hi:

We have so many new babies in our family, that I am really wanting to push up our date...and it does not help that I got a +OPK today :wacko:

For us it's kinda hard as I have three step children too. So we have my step daughters best June 29th, than step sons August 4th and step daughter August 11th. Than Ella November 19th. And Angel December 22nd. I really want a July baby. As Ella is born in November (daddy's birth month) and 19th ( the day of my birthday in July ) so maybe if we have our next in July it can be in just birth month and on his day lol.

Went to see my SIL today - she looked tired, but is coping better than I think I would be. I suspect they will do IVF later as they were talking about it today a bit, but still missing the two babies they have lost.

Dealing with this though has made me want another so badly. My appointment is now in 2.5 weeks time and I am so hoping they can help as my sugar levels have really been shocking lately and I am beginning to despair of ever getting them right - it seems no matter what I do they will not come right (if I get an hour a day where they should be then I am lucky) The testing for this pump is tiring me out already and we have not even started properly yet.

And I think what makes it harder is that DH is not on board with another baby right now - who knows if he ever will be. He tells me he thinks a third will make it harder on the two we have now - I told him that financially it probably would, but that having another relationship is worth so much more than material possessions (he came from a family of three but is the second child, I came from a family of four and am the third child). We have had to talk about babies recently because we were discussing my SILs options and also how desperately she wants a baby - with IVF she will also have to decide how many embryos to put in (I think the choice is one or two - not too sure) but with all this talk about choices and options and families of course our own family came up. We know what we want and it seems we will not agree so of course I will have to hope that he changes his mind. I have really tried to see his point of view and I think he has listened to mine so maybe now its time to just be quiet and try to sort out the medical issues first before bringing this up again with him. (I'm not very good at being quiet about something I want so badly).

How are things?? All is well with me! Not much is new, but did start Folic Acid this week....just incase :winkwink:!

My girls are at such awesome ages, that I can't wait to add a third little one! Is anyone thinking they will have a fourth??

I wouldn't mind four, I have one girl and one boy, I would love to have another girl and boy and have two of each!

I thought the same thing. I have two girls, and if I had a third, I would be done. But if we had a boy, it might be nice to try for another one. I know a few families with two of each.

No, 3 would have to be it for me - my DH has asked about a fourth only because I keep saying I want everyone to have another relationship and if he lets me have three then whats to stop me wanting four - to which I said I would get my tubes tied at the third and he asked why and I said: "At that point I would have to take your wishes into consideration." :) To be honest with me and the diabetes there would have to be a stopping point somewhere and I told DH I wanted three before we got married so three it will have to be. He asked the other day if I would consider adoption which to me means he has not totally written off a third - he's just really scared of the pregnancy. I can work with that. I don't want it to be: "I just don't want a third."

We have talked about it more since I last wrote here, but I think he knows until the medical issues are sorted out I must not get pregnant. I don't think he is quite aware yet how much I want a third yet though and how hard I have been working to get it right so far.

No, 3 would have to be it for me - my DH has asked about a fourth only because I keep saying I want everyone to have another relationship and if he lets me have three then whats to stop me wanting four - to which I said I would get my tubes tied at the third and he asked why and I said: "At that point I would have to take your wishes into consideration." :) To be honest with me and the diabetes there would have to be a stopping point somewhere and I told DH I wanted three before we got married so three it will have to be. He asked the other day if I would consider adoption which to me means he has not totally written off a third - he's just really scared of the pregnancy. I can work with that. I don't want it to be: "I just don't want a third."

We have talked about it more since I last wrote here, but I think he knows until the medical issues are sorted out I must not get pregnant. I don't think he is quite aware yet how much I want a third yet though and how hard I have been working to get it right so far.

Your husband sounds sweet for being so concerned about you. I really hope you get all your health concerns sorted, and are able to have the 3rd baby you want so badly. It must be so hard having things so out of your control. Good luck with everything. I sure as long as you both communicate, you will come to an understanding with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->