ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Hehe cute ha! I love ferreros.

I was playing volleyball today, and of course the ball hit my belly lol what are the odds. It was higher up my belly button so didn't hurt, I should be okey?

Do you think the baby s coming anytime soon?

Morning girls!

Thank you for all your congratulations!

So aftter I sent the message about me going to try and get some sleep. I couldn't sleep, the pain was getting worst. I took painkillers and they didn't work, took a bath and they helped abit but not really. Tried to sleep but couldn't. I couldn't even go on the birthing ball because the pressure. I went to the toilet and there was a massive plug of blood along with a watery blood discharge. I thought that was my waters. I went to finish my bag and done the Moses basket and then we left. At around 11:30 we were at the hospital. Got examined and my waters hadn't broken at that point but I was 4cm! I was so happy! Haha I was saying to OH , mum and my sister on the way to hospital we may be coming back.

Baby was born at 19:57 so was in active labor for 8 hours. We had the best midwives I could ask for they went over their shift to see baby born. I am so happy I could have a water birth ( was meant to go to the workshop next Friday haha- will take a miss on that one!) the water really helped and got in/out to walk around and have something to eat. The only thing about the water birth is that you can only have gas and air, but they say the first 4Cms are the worst, so as I was 4cm when I went in I was fine with the gas and air. Me and OH were eating KFC whilst I was 6 cm. Midwives said I progressed really well, they say first babies Labour are 10-12 hour. So was extremely lucky. I can't believe I was debating whether to stay at home for longer. Have to say def go with your instincts. You will know the time. OH was like you are fine you can't be in Labour. when we got there I said to him straight "I told you!" Baby's body came out quickly, so was really nervous about the tears. I controlled the head really well but when it came to the body I was just overwhelmed. I got checked and luckily... Nothing apart from two grazes that will heal by themselves. So no tears and nothing needed to be done. I couldn't tell you how relieved I was hearing that.

OH was so good and supportive. I couldn't of asked for anyone better. I was shocked how well he dealt with it all. He is currently snoozing next to me now, bless him.

Baby has no name atm but we will discussing it later today. Once I'm home I will post a picture. Will be discharged once baby has established feeding. Any tips or advice ?

Clairybell how are u feeling ? I still can't get over how he was born on your due date haha. I hope you don't last until 13th August. Come on baby girl! Your baby and bump friend wants you to join him! Keep us updated!

Im sure its ok Golden, unless you start feeling iffy bubs is well protected & it was higher up in the tum :)

Mmm i LOVE Ferrero Roche's haha! I could eat a whole tub to myself :haha: im not feeling anything tbh, no aches, cramps or twinges just nothing! SO was trying to get jiggy this morning but i just wasnt feeling it.. Maybe i should just to try & see if anything starts moving lol! Put out for the cause ha ha!!

Iak you did amazing girl :thumbup: & just a couple of grazes aswell thats awesome!! Silly question but how were the contractions whilst in active labour? I guess the pain is diff for everyone!

With feeding, if your unsure, keep asking midwives if the latching on is correct, baby shoukd be nose to nipple & have his tummy laid on you or 'tummy to mummy' i remember! But keep at it, if you have colostrum coming out that should surfice him for a day or 2 before milk comes in, you'll know when it does! You'll wake up to rocks as boobs ha ha!!

Eating kfc in labour made me laugh haha! We actually hadcthis for tea yesterday afternoon :)

Iak! Sounds like you were like a pro hehe I only seen sil giving birth and it was a 16hours long hot mess. I'm glad everything went well!!

How does he look now? Does he look like his dad? Blue eyes or no? And most importantly does he hav hair?? I'm so curious to see

With breast feeding, don't give up! Don't buy a pump and don't use bottle. Whatever u do first month, baby gets used to that. He will eventually latch on. Also don't hold him too much, they get used to sleeping on ur arms and will cry for it all the time. I'm sure we all wanna hold our babies 24/7 but in couple months, u will be sleep deprived holding him all night. That's all the tip I can give since I never been a mom, these are just the thing my sil did wrong hehehe

Riley used to fall asleep feeding on me & i always fell alsleep aswell, id sleep sat upright ha ha

Thank you. Feelimg really tired but just can't sleep. I think it's the shock and the excitement that he has arrived. I keep checking to see if he is ok temperature and he is sleeping ok. Clairybell how often were u feeding Riley on breast ?

Thank you both for the advice. Hopefully milk will come in soon. I'm still in hospital, I think we are being discharged tomorrow. I decided to stay an extra day.

He is already a character, he has the funniest cry. His clothes are big for him, have sent out my mum to buy him a few babygro as newborn is from 7.5/7.8lbs. We still need to decide a name! That is a priority tomorrow :) golden will post a picture tomorrow. OH doesn't think he looks like him, but I think he does. He has lots of hair and dark blue eye.

Clairybell- get busy in bed! OH believes that may of set things off. Also I think I took my nesting too far. Hadn't sat down for the last week and on Monday I had green mucus, don't know if I mentioned it. I think they come when they want but I do think sex def helps. Contractions were very quick and intense from 6 cm. Mw said first 4cm is the hardest, although I was at home and that point. The pressure in my butt was unbelievable, that's another sign. If you are going to have gas and air, start as soon as the contractions start. At points you may want something stronger and they will ask but just remember if you want a waterbirth you can have anything else. I think everyone's pain torelance is different. If you get a chance to get in the water, go for it! It was really soothering. They said childbirth is a pain you will never experience and they are bloody right! The best prize is waiting for you on the other end. I hope things progress. When is your next mw app?

I'm exhausted, going to get some sleep. Looking forward to going home tomorrow. Had visitors non stop yesterday and today..

OH videoed the birth & started watching it. I had to stop a couple minutes into it, I started crying. I think I will wait until my emotions settle abit haha.

Hahaa those pg hormones! I bet you were like OMG i cant believe he came outta me <3

Omg i was feeding Riley constantly in those first few days before Milk come in, there stomach is the size of a marble so it fills & empties tlrrally quickly but it grows quickly aswell, amazing really :)

We had some jiggy this morning & i felt so sore after as everythings inflated down there lol & then i was thinking 'what will i be like after a baby comes outta my place' ha ha sore wouldnt compare i bet :haha: did your mum pick up some 'early baby' baby grows ok?

Next mw is this Friday & i gave in & buyed some raspberry leaf tea haha! I need to gear myself up to drink it without feeling like im inducing labour lol! Did you get any sleep last night at all? Hope you got discharged ok ..

Cant wait to see pics hehe!

I hope it gets things moving. Two days before labour started, OH said it he smelt "different" haha. I wonder if thats a "sign." Yeah my mum picked up some from Asda for up to 6lbs babies. Fits perfectly, don't think he will be in them for too long though.

Let me know raspberry tea goes, thank god I didn't buy any the other day. Although would like to try it. What will happen at mw app on Friday ? Let's hope u don't have to go.

Need some advice- milk has come in today, rock hard not a lot is coming out when feeding. Baby is getting frustrated. Do u think I should express some ? Also he keeps falling asleep whilst feeding. Mw told me to strip him which helps but I feel
Like he is not getting enough. How long is he meant to be on there for ?

I gave him some formular as he was not feeding and he brought it up last night. Mw will be coming round today

No name yet... But here he is!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
Awwww he is so cute and tiny! Definitely looks like his dad.

Iak don't worry about baby not feeding enuf, ur milk will come soon. Formula is not good for newborn babies, really hard on their stomach. That's how it all happened for my sil too, we were worried that baby wasn't feeding enuf and she started giving formula then started pumping and baby got used to the bottle.

Im pretty sure it takes at least a week for mom to supply enuf milk and it's all normal. Ur mw will tell u that too. Don't worry and don't give up!!!

Omg he is a lil beaut Iak! Gawjus! Well done to you & your man! I love how much hair he has aswell :)

Just leave him on your boob as longas he likes espin the early days, i used to go & pull Riley off & he'd start suckling again ha ha! Yay for Milk coming in :thumbup: Have you tried massaging your boob as hes trying to feed hun? Sometimes thats pushes a bit more Milk out, have they checked him for tongue tie? The lil connecting bit of tissue under the tongue can be too tight sometimes & they cant always get alot of Milk out, def worth a check from midwife if not already done so :)

Def dont give him bottle just yet if you want to keep trying Breastfeeding, just as Golden girl said, milk comes out quicker with a bottle& they font really have to try to drink it, he probs wont want boob much afterwards otherwise.. If you do end up bottle feeeing, Aptamil is a really good one :thumbup:

Sorry for not being on here as much.. I'm exhausted I think since Saturday I have had around 5 hours sleep in total. Who said newborns were easy. I ve made the mistake of not resting when he rests and also we have been getting visitors everyday. Baby has not been sleeping well for the last three days and has been screaming most of the night. We think it's because he has not been feeding well during the day. I gave in and started expressing and topping up with formular. Annoying but his hunger comes first and needs to be feeding regular. I am breast feeding in between feeds when he is not as hunger. Baby is still nameless! Hopefully be having a name soon :) it's hard, I have so many names for a girl haha. Apart from that I am loving being a mummy!

How are you all getting on ? Clairybell any news? Is your mw app tomorrow ? Let us know how it goes? As we now have the fb group I will be posting on there more, be good to get the group going haha

Tbh Iak, i very rarely slept inbetween Riley sleeping! All that 'you should nap when baby naps' nah.. I used to have a shower & whip the hoover round to feel normal Lol! You will get a routine going in notime, its all new hun & your doing a great job :thumbup:

Sorry lil man isnt sleeping/feeding that great, id of ended up doing the same as you if he wasnt feeding that much & as long as hes getting food/milk thats no1 priority! Hope the expressing is going well though!

Can you hubs ask people to kindly refrain from coming around as much at the moment so you can all rest for a few days? Its very tiring :hugs:

Nothing from me yet girls! Tea, sex.. Nada! Zip! Still getting rock solid braxton hicks mainly in evenings though, they were aching around my back earlier but i think its how i was sat on sofa, nothing since lol! Midwife apt at 4pm tomorrow, not quite sure what happens but she'll offer me a 'membrane sweep' i wasnt sure if i wanted one or not as they can be quite uncomfy & painful if cervix isnt ready or even started effacing but theres noway of knowing it is really, i guess i could ask her to feel for that first maybe?!

That's all I keep hearing but as soon as he goes to sleep, I am catching up with everything else and then preparing for when he wakes up. I've lost over a stone since Saturday I think that's because I've haven't hardly sat down. Good news- baby slept last night woke up every 4 hours for his feed. Twice in the night. We are so relieved! I've started expressing milk, topping up with an occasional formular and breastfeeding too. He gets really fussy on the breast to start off with but after he has some feed he latches on straight away. The mw advised me to get nipple shields which have helped too. If you express does that keep your milk supply going ?

I'm off to look at the sleepyhead and change some clothes for smaller baby as newborn is still big. He is so dinky but has really long legs haha. Yeah hubby is not too happy about all these visitors, he is tired too but we both got a good night rest. My mum and sister watched him while we got some rest and some time together. Strange but I really missed spending time together, I started crying yesterday when he went out. Don't know what happened to me. It's been non stop since Saturday but we are getting into a little routine now.

Good luck for later on.. Hope it all good news. Get her to have a feel and then decide on the sweep. Might get things moving. I said she would be here by this week so baby girl better start making her way out. I think she is aiming for the 13th haha. You must be so uncomfy. Have you tried going for a long walk ?

ahhh iak! dont worry, the routine will come in a month or so. After 3-4 months they do sleep all night hehe

Unfortunately pump doesnt keep the supply like breastfeeding does. Apparently when baby sucks it, it makes u produce more milk than pump and that might be because of the heat from babys mouth or i donno.
Get nipple shield and force him to breastfeed so he doesnt get used to the heavy flow of the bottle. How many oz a day can u pump? try dill and yogurt, sil said it makes lots of milk.

I had my doc appt yesterday, she ordered blood tests for checking for down sydrome but she said that we dont need an other scan. So after all, i couldnt get the scan :cry: gotta wait for 20weeks, but she found the hb with doppler and said it was healthy.

I noticed the hb was slower than what i found last week, so baby is growing properly (i hope)

Ah Golden your an 11wk Donut Hole hehee ;)

Thats rubbish about no scan hun, sorry :( but they can test for downes with blood & let you know the risk factor so thats still good! You could always see about having a gender scan done around 16/17 wks before 20wk scan? Or pay for a private one? October will be here in a blink of an eye :thumbup: Baby girls hb is always diff at each mw appointment aswell!

Bless you Iak, its sleep deprivation & hormones, i cried the first night home, riley was crying, SO was sound asleep & my hair was wet from shower & i was a mess, i just cried for what felt like hrs but its good to release! You should have mw or health visitor pop round this week or wknd if not had already hun :hugs: so glad you guys managed a few hrs sleep though & your mum helped out bless her..

Goldens right about the bf & expressing, unless you express exclusively from begininning your boobs get used to the demand of what baby needs, weird how our bodies do that, you may still get some milk from expressing & bf but not as much as what you would if you were doing just the one.. Honestly, which ever isceasiest for you & baby & hes getting Milk & feedings, dont feel bad :hugs:

I did a walk couple days ago.. But after like 10 mins my belly goes mega hard & i have to keep stopping.. Ouchy! But.. Mw today, so i didnt opt for the sweep as im a scaredy cat Lol! But she booked me an induction for next Thursday - my 12th day over my due date! But i see the consultant on tuesday in the afternoon next werk to discuss induction and/or if i want to just book in for a csection! She booked the induction because there was a slot & i may just say f**k it & go with it & see what happens! But.. Me & SO had sex this afternoon after back from midwife, well, if 30 seconds counts as sex? HAHAA!! He was horny & i need it for the cause so i kinda just took it lol! Anyhow, since then braxton hicks are constant & bit ouchy & im having butt pressure & achiness in my bum cheeks, sex never done that before! Im keeping an eye on it.. We been out all day today, mooching atound shops & took Riley to the park so maybe things are happening hmmm...!

Yea we can pay for private 3D scan at 18weeks but DH wants to save the 3D for later. He is so annoying!!!!

Anyways we will find out the gender for sure, i gotta know everything, dont like surprises.

I feel like baby is coming out soon CB! just enjoy the last days of freedom hehe. How do you guys even have sex!! Every position hurts me, when he is on me my stomach gets suffocated and when im on him, i think it hits my cervix because i get cramps:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->