• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

ooh is your baby engaged srobbins? Mw said today i am only about 2/5 engaged pfft but i guess she can sink in as the days go on...

Evening girlies!

Scrobbins, good to hear from you. We should set up a page or feel free to add me on fb. Private message me your name. That's what me, Clairybell and Golden have done. Good to keep in contact after babies are born :) good to hear baby is in position. Baby boy has been in position for weeks now.. Still got 2 weeks to go! I'm def onto spotting any signs

Clairybell- yay 2/5 engaged. Tell me everything haha I'm so excited for you. Im going to make my bet soon! Did the mw offer you a sweep or give you any advice how quickly she will progress ?

Its symptom spotting central over here ha ha!!

Well, i googled 2/5 engaged & so part of her head is still in pelvis but not quite half yet :( but when i said to Midwife so it could be a while yet she said not neccessarily as walking & climbing stairs, general pottering about makes the nestle down in there more or she could just jiggle on down so although 2/5 engaged it could happen at anypoint eeek!! Ive been achey & lower back achey this evening but nothing period achey, uhh! It was just a normal mw apt really, she said to me 'Did you want a sweep?' I said 'nooooooo'haha! She said its not offered usually until week 41 but some ladies ask so she thought she'd check ha ha! She will contact consultant midwife tomorrow as ive not heard from her, usually with prev csections they contact you to arrange details for inducement & possible csection if you dont get induced after the 12 days over etc..

Ive been sewing this evening :) i have a newborn hand knitted lemon yellow cardigan- soooo cute! But a button was really loose & one of the cuffs had come unstitched so i had me needle & thread out ha ha.. My sewing skills arent too shabby :haha:

Just thinking also Iak, if i go into labour 11/12th August baby could arrive on your due date ha ha

omg all of you giving birth soon!!! and im here trying to pass 12 weeks hehe isnt that cute. CB i think baby s coming on Saturday i feel it :happydance: go for long walks, definitely makes u give birth ehehe

Ahhh no to a sweep I don't blame you, you are 2/5 engaged so looks like there is progress. Just sit and wait. Maybe some long walks and loads of bding :) how did she examine you to tell you that she was 2/5?

Btw how many outfits will you be taking for baby ? I may of asked you already, sorry... My memory is not too good these days. Me and OH were out shopping and I tried to look for raspberry tea leaf. He was like why do u want him to come early! Keep him in for another 3wks! Alright for some! I've been walking loads recently, I think that's why he has lowered more.

I don't think you will last 11/12th August. Although it be cute if they came on the same day. How funny we could both compare labor pains haha I reckon mid next week or next weekend she will be with us. Omg! Eeekkk how exciting. Has it hit you that you will be pushing?! I had a moment last night and thinking "sh*t I'm going to have to give birth!" I had to explain to OH today that babies are full term from 37 wks meaning they can come at any point haha. Now he knows that he will be setting up the pushchair and Moses basket at the weekend.. Keep him busy :)

Golden! Nearly 12weeks! Will u def be finding out the sex of the baby ? When will you be telling your family and friends ?

I just saw this on baby centre & on Google images, 2/5 is more in than i thought!!

https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/claireybell81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsnjyqlbox.jpeg

Im gonna tell my dad and sister in law after i heard the babys hb. My appointment next week with gyno, she may use the doppler and make me listen to hb then i can tell ppl. If not im gonna have to wait for 12-14weeks scan.

We finding out the gender for sure, and thats October 7th.

Im gonna try the doppler again tonight, i watched some youtube videos. Seems like they angle the thing a lot.

My belly is poping out i think, just above my pelvic bone? is that what happened to you guys?

Will a stomach still grow even tho its missed miscarriage?

Golden you'll be in 2nd tri in the blink of an eye hun! All of a sudden it goes reeeeeally fast & you like 30wks!! Eeee! You have all the best bits to come still, finding hb on your doppler, knowing babies sex & 'the quickening' feeling bubs first flutters & movements :hugs: tis lovely! <3

Midwife can tell her engagement from the head positioning of how mych she could feel around my pelvic/pubic bone.. She laughed when i said noooooo to the sweep ha ha!

Oh i checked with mw also, drinking Raspberry leaf tea doesnt induce labour but helps to tone uterus & helps regulate contractions :thumbup: I def kniw Heakth & Diet shops & Holland & Barrett sell the tea & in capsules!

Im reeeeally hoping that the birthing pool is available as i want to try it out & see if it eases pain or keeps me relaxed in labour, i keep envisioning me dealing with contractions & forgetting i could be in the pool lol! I hope i dont poop or gove birth to another Haemmorroid LOL!!!

I think i have 3/4 outfits packed with couple pairs of socks.. I want her looking cute in reds & flowery things aswell as newborn vest tops :) i have a really cute long sleeve vest top for her that says 'Best little sister in the World' awwww <3 i love Mothercare ha ha

They usually find the hb after 11/12wks on doppler, my mw did :thumbup:

Ah Golden bless you, its a worrying time the first couple months .. :hugs: but no, i dont think a missed mc you would grow bigger, sometimes ladies get minimal symptoms still & others have none! Im sure your fine :)

Yeah my belly started popping out just above pubic bone aswell, when you lay flat out on your back you can usually feel the uterus rising if you place your hands around lower belly, theres a circular firmess from the growing uterus & baby :thumbup: i started feeling mine like that around 12wks or just before id say.. X

I have just had a panic! Clairybell how many sleepsuits have u got in newborn size ?

I have looked and he only has a few outfits and around 5 newborn sleepsuits. Surely that's enough.. Off to the shops tomorrow. I hate this whole newborn and up to 1 month size!

I feel like most babies grow out of newborn clothes in a week or two so I wouldn't get lots.

Btw I found the hb with Doppler!!! So excited but DH said he felt bad pressing down on the baby to hear the hb so I'm not allowed to use the Doppler until September hehe rules and rules

Hahaa nah baby is fully protected in there Golden :) they gave your skin, muscle, uterine wall muscle & a bag of water :thumbup: some midwives push around with dopplers & scan probes, its all fine :)

Upon looking, i actually only have x1 newborn sleepsuit which is in my hosp bag Lol! I may grab a pack from Asda ha ha

Well I went out and got a load of stuff again. Then thought oh god he is not going to wear it but only got two more newborn babygros, the others are 0-3 months. I got him the most gorgeous pramsuit, it's knitted.. It's so soft. Wish they done them for us haha. The sizing really confuses me! After 2 hours of shopping I thought should I take it back then thought this is my first baby, I deserve to go abit crazy! I was drying all his clothes and OH was like "how much have u brought!" He was not happy. Tbh I don't even think he has that much. Men and their little ways haha So pleased you found hb, you have to angle the doppler in funny ways to find it... Patience is a vitural!

Golden- you guys sound such a cute couple! Baby is nicely snuggled in there, no hurting him/her. I remember when I went for my first mw appointment and she was seeing how he was positioned touching my belly. I was thinking you are going to hurt him touching him like that, but they are stronger than we think.

Hmmm I wonder what gender the baby is... I'm thinking girl! Although I ll take my guess if you have the 12/14 wk scan. Clairybell what do you think ? Aaaaa! Less than 24 hours til your due date!!! This time next week I reckon you will be chatting away about how baby is doing :) I agree, I decided not to bother getting any raspberry tea.. When it happens it will happens. They say walking and sex is the best thing, so will be doing plenty of that :blush: Aww she is going to look gorgeous! They do lovely little outfits for girls! Hopefully once labor starts, you can ring up and mention you want the pool before going in.

Ouch BH! Having them whilst typing this... Thinking about it I better go sort hospital bag out. I brought OH a new pair of swimming trucks, as he mentioned he may want to come into the water! It was mentioned at one of the classes and he decided he may jump in too... We will see about that :happydance:

Baby is def moving down. Been feeling constipated for the last hour with BH. I know I'm not constipated went to the toilet today. Really can't wait for my appointment on Monday with mw.

Clairybell do you feel anything similar ?

Srobbins :wave: dya know what, thats actually a really good idea! I have NO idea how to set up fb closed group pages gor stuff like that though, Golden/Iak do you know? Or srobbins if you do, you can add me if you like, il private message you my details :)

Ok I think I set it up right.... I may have to change it from Secret Group to Closed Group. The link is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1029176030511385/

I'm not sure about how engaged she is but the doctor said he was pretty sure she had flipped down in position. I'm so ready for her to be here in my arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->