• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Well, the appointment went well yesterday! I'm feeling quite comfortable with going here. The nurses at the clinic were very friendly, and our doctor was very sympathetic to our recent loss. After reviewing our information she was actually quite optimistic that IVF/ICSI would work for us, and that if we would refer to try a cheaper alternative first (being IUI) that she felt that may work as well. She explained that the success rate for IUI was around 13%, versus IVF at 60% for other couples our age. The numbers aren’t optimal, and right now we are trying to decide whether to try a round of IUI before IVF, or to just jump straight to IVF. It’s a double edged sword, this little decision of ours. If we did the IUI and it was successful, we would have only paid about $400 instead of $12,000. However, if we did IUI and it didn’t work, that would be another $400 to add to our expenses. It’s a decision we don’t want to make lightly, as coming up with half of the $12,000 will be difficult, and may result in us using most of our line of credit with hardly any means to pay it back.

The doctor left us with the decision, saying we should sign up for the IVF info session just in case, because those info session nights go like wildfire. She is also sending us for testing as well. I completed my Day 3 FSH and STD screening this morning. Hubby will probably come with me on CD 28 when I have to do my progesterone bloodwork to do his STD screening, and I have an antral follicle count and pelvic ultrasound booked for CD 24. The only test we weren’t able to book this month was my HSG. I will have to call them on CD1 to book that next cycle. We do also need to book hubby’s SA. Once we finish all of the testing we will go in for a follow-up appointment, scheduled for July 8, to review the information and decide our best course of action.

TinyLynne, I don't know if I've ovulated on Clomid. I took OPKs the first cycle, but they're expensive. I bought a 10-pack, and all of them were negative. I noticed I've had symptoms of ovulation the past two cycles of Clomid.

abennion, that's not an easy decision. Once you have more information (test results), the decision should be easier to make.

Well, the appointment went well yesterday! I'm feeling quite comfortable with going here. The nurses at the clinic were very friendly, and our doctor was very sympathetic to our recent loss. After reviewing our information she was actually quite optimistic that IVF/ICSI would work for us, and that if we would refer to try a cheaper alternative first (being IUI) that she felt that may work as well. She explained that the success rate for IUI was around 13%, versus IVF at 60% for other couples our age. The numbers aren’t optimal, and right now we are trying to decide whether to try a round of IUI before IVF, or to just jump straight to IVF. It’s a double edged sword, this little decision of ours. If we did the IUI and it was successful, we would have only paid about $400 instead of $12,000. However, if we did IUI and it didn’t work, that would be another $400 to add to our expenses. It’s a decision we don’t want to make lightly, as coming up with half of the $12,000 will be difficult, and may result in us using most of our line of credit with hardly any means to pay it back.

The doctor left us with the decision, saying we should sign up for the IVF info session just in case, because those info session nights go like wildfire. She is also sending us for testing as well. I completed my Day 3 FSH and STD screening this morning. Hubby will probably come with me on CD 28 when I have to do my progesterone bloodwork to do his STD screening, and I have an antral follicle count and pelvic ultrasound booked for CD 24. The only test we weren’t able to book this month was my HSG. I will have to call them on CD1 to book that next cycle. We do also need to book hubby’s SA. Once we finish all of the testing we will go in for a follow-up appointment, scheduled for July 8, to review the information and decide our best course of action.

Glad it went so well! And that's a tough choice. My doctor wanted to do IUI right away, but I protested and said I just wanted to do BD (because I knew iui would be a lot more expensive). He took a second look, and because my DH has no sperm issues, he agreed. And it's gotten us pregnant three times! Now none of them have worked out, but I think the results would have been the same with IUI.

I'm just trying to say... Do what you feel is best! And I agree, once you know more with tests results and stuff, you should have a better idea. Good luck! It's so exciting!

Just had my next set of blood drawn. Will have results for Betas tomorrow morning. they'll have them one tonight but they have to send them to my RE and they won't get htem until the morning. I should have a call tomorrow with my next set of numbers.

Swimmy - I'm glad everything turned out okay! Nice that you have some added perks working in the hospital. :)

Littleyogini - Welcome! If you are looking at doing OPKs because you aren't sure you are ovulating I definitely recommend buying some cheap ones on Amazon. I use Wondfo's and I love htem. And I can get something like 100 tests for $20.

Abe - sounds like your appointment went well! So glad!! That is a tough decision to make though. Good luck!

super sorry this is definitely TMI! lol tonight my SO and i were bd'ing, and just before/after orgasm i had a cramp in my lower left abdomen...not sure if this means anything, but it has never happened to me before so thought it was worth noting! has anyone had this happen??

abennion - i'm so glad that your appointment went well and that you liked your doctor. It is such a hard choice to choose a route and there really is no right or wrong answer. Our doc only recommended iui's if there was a trouble with the motility of sperm or your vaginal secretions were too acidic. But with a 12,000$ cost its so hard not want to try everything else.

Littleyogini - welcome :) i definitely recommend buying Wondfo's off of amazon or ebay. I bought a set of 100 opks and 25 pregnancy tests for about 20$ they work great and you can track the lines to see if you are getting close to ovulating and test multiple times a day if you are getting close. A good idea if you are doing clomid sense you can only take it so many times in a row.

Angel - cant wait to see what those next beta's show!

Michellebelle - sending you hugs

mama - not sure about during an orgasm but I have had cramping on one side that hurt before while during sex. It was usually when i knew i had a cyst on my ovary (from ultrasounds) and it popped ... ouch!

hmmm idk! it was very mild and went away after just a minute or 2, guess i'll never know! lol

I think DH and I have decided to go straight to IVF. They can keep us monitored, and the power of science will get our BFP! If not, we should have a couple rounds of FET after. DH and I can't argue with the stats. As he likes to put it, IUI is like rolling a 10 sided die and trying to get it to land on one number, whereas IVF is a little better than flipping a coin.

That makes complete sense Abennion, and like you said, they will be able to track everything for you and will make sure that the environment is perfect for baby! Exciting to have made a decision! Keep us posted!

That sounds like a good choice, Abennion. You'll be pregnant before you know it!

Thanks ladies, after talking with the doctor she had said there is no waitlist right now, so we could be looking at an August/September BFP! That means a May/June baby!

Omg I hope this is it for you! Amazing that they have no waiting list :) everything just fell right into place!

Yeah, just have to finish all of the testing first haha!

My betas came in today!
Wednesday I was at 541.
Friday I was up to 1843!!! I'm more than tripling every 48 hours! They want me in tomorrow for my first US to look for the egg sac. :D

Abe - when do you finish up your testing?

Yay Angel, that's so exciting! I don't finish my testing until June. I have to wait to do my HSG until next cycle. We weren't able to schedule it in time this cycle. June 3 is when I finish the other tests.

Whoa, so many updates!

Angel - huge congrats on the BFP! Your lines look great and those HCG levels are amazing. Can't wait to hear about the scan.

Abennion - I'm sorry about the CP, though that's great news that you have a proper plan in place and are most likely only a few short months away from your BFP <3

Mama - Welcome! You're on a great thread for TTC knowledge, and I second the others who recommended Wondfo OPKs. Without these cheap OPKs I would never have known I O later than I thought, and I find their HCG tests super reliable too.

Swimmy - Sorry about the stress of the birthday trip. It's nice of DH to think about your feelings. Could you speak to your brother about these texts re: call girls and explain that it's upsetting you? I'm sure you have nothing to worry about DH, but surely your bro wouldn't want anything to happen either? Either way, hugs to you. I struggle to enjoy friends' birthdays in bars, let alone Vegas, so I feel you.

Angel yay!!! amazing double!! can't wait for your scan!!

This thread looks like we have some luck going :) and it needs to keep going.

Jezika - how are you feeling? any scans yet?

AFM - i had this huge long list of choirs to do but instead of doing anything I've just decided to lay around in the sun and read a book. It's so hard to be productive when its so nice outside.

Hey ladies I'm new can you help me this is + opk??? If so when should my fiancé and I bd ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 8
Went for my Ultrasound today. Found my gestational sac, and doctor says everything looks good for 4W+6. After this week, the doctor is going to see me every week for an US until I am 12 weeks! :wacko: Wow! I'll get an US every week! Right now I have just a little blob, but it's a cute little blob. ;) I'm so excited. :D

He thinks we're going to maybe see the heart beat next appointment (scheduled for 6W+1).

I've been wished a happy mothers day today by my doctor and a couple friends who already know. I feel so loved. <3

Abe - yeah scheduling that HSG is a pain. I had to call 3 places before I could get mine scheduled because no one had openings. Good luck finishing everything!

Jezika - thanks!

TPerkins - that looks positive to me! I would BD today if possible and then the next day or two. You could Ovulate anywhere from the day of the +OPK to 2 days later. Are you temping ? if you are, then BD daily until you get a rise on the temp unless you have low sperm count to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->