• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Swimmy - I had a scan at 7 weeks and all was fine (heart rate very good, measuring just as I calculated) but since then I've had on and off brown spotting (only light and when wiping after washroom) with a tiny bit of pink once or twice, so that has me worried. Will have my 12-week scan in roughly two weeks so will see how things are then. Doc doesn't seem worried about spotting because it's not much and I don't have cramping, but of course I've read so many negative stories online (MMCs etc) that it's impossible not to worry. As a result, I still haven't accepted being pregnant, have not been excited or planned anything in fear of it all coming crashing down. If all goes well at the next scan, I know that will change, so I'm just holding out till then.

Angel - glad your u/s went well. It'll be exciting to go back at six weeks and see the heartbeat. It was pretty surreal.

Tperkins - that's as positive as any of my OPKs got. BD away for the next day or two!

I wish I had your resolve about not getting excited about being pregnant. We had found out Sunday morning, and came home with new sheets, blankets, a mobile and have been planning out the rest of the nursery (we already have a crib and mattress). When I started bleeding Sunday night I was devastated.

My temps are still high though. Any of you ladies had post o temps after a CP/miscarriage? I had medium bleeding day 1, heavy bleeding day 2 and then light bleeding day 3&4... I've heard stories about women still being pregnant after bleeding a regular AF, but I know it's slim.

I looked at my past miscarriage charts, and it does look my temps would stay high for a bit while my hcg was heading towards zero and body readjusting. You could always take a hpt too, just to answer the question of making sure it was a miscarriage. :hugs:

Abe - I second taking an HPT to see if it's as faint as a few days ago. With my CP I still had positive HPTs while bleeding, but they were definitely no darker than 4-5 days before.

so i tested today...BFN of course, but im not surprised because even if i did ovulate on CD 14, which im not sure of because i never got a +OPK...id only be 10DPO today, i will probably just wait uuntil sunday when AF is due and if she doesnt show up test again, feeling kind of out this month, and a bit discouraged feeling like the clomid didnt work :(

Today I went back to the gym for the first time in 2+ weeks. Between the pneumonia scare and then so many doctor appointments with this pregnancy I haven't gone lately. Plus the exhaustion. I was almost too tired to go but I forced myself to go and I feel so much better afterwards!

(please no judgement, just need advice)
Question: what do you ladies think about caffeine?

My research seems to imply there is a correlation between high caffeine intake and increase miscarriages but also says that <200mg has no correlation between miscarriage and caffeine, and that it is the higher amounts that is a problem. I have cut down to only 1 cup of coffee (if I have a second cup it's decaf but I'm drinking peppermint tea at work now because of the nausea). I had a "zipfizz" this afternoon because come about 1pm I had reached a point where I wasn't going to make it through the rest of my classes at all. The zipfizz has approximately as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Most of my research says that the reason zipfizz is considered "not recommended" for pregnancy is because of the caffeine, though it has 100mg of caffeine and that is below the limit. And I'm using about half a tube right now.

I KNOW I should not drink a lot of caffeine, so please no judging..... But the exhaustion is epic. And when dealing with high school kids I can't be that tired....and my last period class is the worst behaved of the day, I need energy to survive. I don't know what else to do. :/

Jezika - I wish I had your ability to not get excited. I've managed to avoid buying stuff, but just barely!

Abe - My temps post CPs were always high the following cycle. So high that I kept taking HPTs thinking I must be pregnant. You could take another HPT just ot make sure.

Ladies I been getting a positive OPK for about 4 days should I keep bd when I get a positive when does the actual egg drop ??? I'm so confused before I was getting negatives tho .. TTC is so hard it seems like I know I been wearing my oh out because I wanna bd every night lol

Ladies I been getting a positive OPK for about 4 days should I keep bd when I get a positive when does the actual egg drop ??? I'm so confused before I was getting negatives tho .. TTC is so hard it seems like I know I been wearing my oh out because I wanna bd every night lol

are you temping? That's the only way to confirm you have actually ovulated. When you get a positive OPK typically you are going to ovulate within 12-48 hours after that. Technically they say not to keep taking OPKs after you get a positive because the LH may be in the system for awhile, but 4 days of positives is a lot. Do you have PCOS ? or taking fertility drugs? PCOS or some fertility drugs can give you false positives I think.

I don't temp and no pcos and no fertility drugs the line were faint and they gradually got doctor but I been bd since I seen the faint line because I figured I O'D that day that's why the line was so clear now it's almost darker than the test line

OPKs are my positive unless the test line is as dark or darker than the control. It's not like a pregnancy test where any line is positive. So you didn't actually have a positive until possibly today's test. Do you have a picture? We can help you identify if they are positive. You will O anywhere from 12-48 hours after the positive. Keep up the BD.

Took a test today, it was a BFN. I knew it was a slim chance, but a girl could hope, couldn't she? I guess I'm just gearing up for O now.

TPerkins - mine were never positive for more than a day, but typically you should have O'ed 12-48 hours after getting the + test. you could also be a type of women that has a really long surge and its hard to tell with opk's alone. hard to say but best way to find out is to temp (even though it's a pain) its the best way for you to know whats going on.

Abe - I'm sorry :( that would be so devastating to buy all those things then it not turn out. This time I refused to buy anything until I was almost 18 weeks. Part of me kicks myself because I found the perfect outfit and now can't find it anywhere. I can't wait for you to get started on your IVF journey. as for temps post MC, mine stayed high for a while almost 2 weeks after my last MC :(

Jezika - I had some spotting without cramping, and it turned out to be nothing. Also had red bleeding with a lot of cramping and that also turned out ok so every situation can be different. Fingers crossed the next 2 weeks fly by! can't wait to see some pictures.

Angel - no judgement for caffeine I still have some from time to time. heck I admit before 16 weeks I was drinking WAY too much, didn't change my intake from before I was pregnant at all. I would try and then the headaches would be insane. However here is my word of caution - my doctor warned me about caffeine causing low amniotic fluid levels and I didn't think I was drinking "that much" sure enough anatomy scan my levels were super low. I cut caffeine out (except for once a week when i hit Starbucks lol) increased my water intake and levels were normal. So aside from MC, caffeine can cause some other issues if its too much. But a little you and baby should be fine :) don't beat yourself up too much.

I mean the test line was almost darker than the control line for about 2 days the other lines were faint like 2 days before I got the dark one but I bought clear blue digi I tested just to see what It would say it was negative so I'm guessing I O those days before but I did do a lot of bd so hopefully I get my bfp my af is due the 23rd so I hope I don't get it when can I start testing after I miss my af ?? If I get the witch then I can use the digi for next month and get some more preseed because I used it all up this cycle

The digi will always give you a negative reading the first day. It's trying to learn what your levels normally are before giving you a positive, as each woman is different. Like the other women have said here, the only way to 100% know you've O'd is to temp. You can have multiple LH surges in a month without actually ovulating, and each one would give you a positive OPK.

Thanks Abe ! Really clarifies everything for me I know I shouldn't be using my opks so much I'm just over thing so much like what if I miss my O day so hard not to think because after I tested with digi I waited 4 hours then used the first response stick and immediately the test line is darker than the control I'll show you a pic i tried doing the temp thing it was hard and gave up and i bought opks so I don't know if I should just bd every day what do you think and have you heard success stories using preseed? For a few days I have been have some tense cramping on my left side and lower back pains and pain on bbs when touched of squeezed (tmi I know I know lol).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm sorry, the only lines I read are on HPTs. I used to use the clear blue digis exclusively. Best advice is to just keep BDing if you aren't going to temp. We can't give you a definitive answer of when you will/have O'd

Thanks for your help I'll exclusively use the digi next cycle because first response ov test does kind of look like the hpt they're the same except different packaging easy to get confused I may temp next cycle also

Tperkins - that picture looks like a +OPK. I'd say that's positive. From that you can O anywhere from same day to 2 days later.

I've heard good stories about preseed but it's really only extra beneficial if you don't produce fertile CM yourself. If you are producing plenty of fertile CM it isn't going to make a huge difference, but if you don't produce enough CM then it's great and can make a world of difference.

If you use the digi test, the regular digi test cna give you a positive right away whereas the advanced digit will always give you a negative first because it has to read your base levels. If you have a good idea that you O around the same time each month the advanced digi is great. If you have a very wide spread (I used to O anywhere from CD13 - 26) then it's really inefficient. I used the regular Digi in addition to my cheapies (Wondfo's that I bought on Amazon - very cheap and very easy to use). Then when my cheapie started to look positive I would dip the digi into the same urine cup I used for the cheapie (I waited a minute or two before dump) to verify if the cheapie was actually positive. That way I made a set of 20 digi's last 6 months. And my cheapies I can get off Amazon $20 for 100 OPKs.

agreed I would say you should get some wondfo's off amazon and use those up until they start getting darker then use digital's with them. Was super helpful for me. Hopefully you wont need them :)

tested today, BFN of course...no sign of AF yet but feeling very out for this month...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->