Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

I'm only cd 13 today but think I may be out already. Usually I don't O until cd 14-18 but yesterday at only cd12 I had a huge blob of EWCM like heaps of it and Ofcourse my OH was out all night and too exhausted to bd when we got home. He doesn't get it he's just like - ill have sex with you tomorrow I promise and I'm like well it could be too late then. I wish wed BDd Saturday as well but I was busy and thought it was way too early anyway :(

Will definitely bd tonight and just hope it's not too late

I work in clinical pharmacology. I have a master's degree in pharmacology (bachelor's degree in molecular and cellular biology).

The work itself is not exciting for me. I went into it wanting to do more science; you'd be surprised how little science is involved in my job! It's more about knowing how to use the software to analyze the data (follow our SOPs) and knowing how to code in SAS to make the reports (also following SOPs). However, the environment I work in is the real problem. Everyone is so stressed out and miserable and it makes it so, so hard to work. People are always trying to save their ass, so they will throw everyone else under the bus to save themselves. No one takes responsibility when something goes wrong and everyone points the blame at everyone else.

I was promised a path to progress my career (and do more science) which remains unfulfilled. Management admits I have done nothing "wrong" or "bad", they just don't want to develop anyone's career unless it is very convenient for them and in my case it's not convenient enough for them.

On top of all this, I am definitely underpaid for what I am doing. I know for a fact that I am only getting half of my market value. I've discussed this with my direct manager and the head of my group and got some ridiculous responses.

All of that in consideration, and the fact that I cried 3 mornings last week on the drive into work (dreading going there), it's time to move on!

Oh yea. Definitely time to move on. A few places I've worked have been like that, where you feel stuck with no room to grow and surrounded by people well versed in political speak.

Hopefully you'll find something much more rewarding.

I'm only cd 13 today but think I may be out already. Usually I don't O until cd 14-18 but yesterday at only cd12 I had a huge blob of EWCM like heaps of it and Ofcourse my OH was out all night and too exhausted to bd when we got home. He doesn't get it he's just like - ill have sex with you tomorrow I promise and I'm like well it could be too late then. I wish wed BDd Saturday as well but I was busy and thought it was way too early anyway :(

Gezz. Men. They just have no idea! No nothing during O week. That's only 5 days. Stay yo butt at home and get you some. Gezza!

Gezz. Men. They just have no idea! No nothing during O week. That's only 5 days. Stay yo butt at home and get you some. Gezza!

Haha I know! He's hopeless but in his defensive if had been a long day and he has been sick so I could tell it was the last thing he felt like doing. I tried to convince him for a while but then thought hmm no it's not going to happen tonight. This morning I just had more EWCM and then some watery CM. I'm really hoping that it won't be too late of we bd tonight as soon as he gets home from work

Try and use opks next cycle if this one is unsuccessful, it can really help at least pin point O time.

Hanrh: we are on cycle 6...

Feels almost as though I'm never gonna get pregnant, but i do admit that this forum def keeps me sane and more positive. I have a great support system of friends to who know about our struggles. Thankfully non- of them are anywhere near wanting kids or trying so i don't have to deal too much with pregnant people around me or people getting pregnant. It sounds awful to say, but sometimes i just want to break out and cry when i see someone preggo. Im a nurse in and emergency dept and i can't stand seeing young girls who come in pregnant and have no idea... you just wanna slap them. I try and remember that things happen for a reason and everyone has a plan and eventually things will fall into place but it isn't always easy!!

End Rant!! Good night girlies!

Good luck to any of the testers coming up and sending patience to those in the tww.

BONSOIR!!

Try and use opks next cycle if this one is unsuccessful, it can really help at least pin point O time.

Hanrh: we are on cycle 6...

Feels almost as though I'm never gonna get pregnant, but i do admit that this forum def keeps me sane and more positive. I have a great support system of friends to who know about our struggles. Thankfully non- of them are anywhere near wanting kids or trying so i don't have to deal too much with pregnant people around me or people getting pregnant. It sounds awful to say, but sometimes i just want to break out and cry when i see someone preggo. Im a nurse in and emergency dept and i can't stand seeing young girls who come in pregnant and have no idea... you just wanna slap them. I try and remember that things happen for a reason and everyone has a plan and eventually things will fall into place but it isn't always easy!!

End Rant!! Good night girlies!

Good luck to any of the testers coming up and sending patience to those in the tww.

BONSOIR!!

I tried OPKs last cycle and they confused me too because I had 2 days of almost positive and that was it. Plus it says you can O up to 36 hours after a positive opk. So this cycle I thought ill just try and bd as much as possible and hope for the best but we've been so busy lately it is hard.

I know what you mean, TTC can be very stressful and disappointing but you're right, when the time is right it will happen. I'm feeling pretty heart broken at the reality of probably missing our chance this cycle :(

Hey ladies, I'm ttc for the second cycle now and currently I am 8dpo I think :) Feel a little crampy since the day before yesterday and nauseous today. We will see where that goes. Babydust to all of you! :dust:

Camichelle, I am so incredibly sorry for you. It's such a heartbreak. Big :hugs: for you!

Welcome, airforcewife and choccymonster!

samanthatc, it is possible to have a few days of ewcm (or in my weird case, about 10!) before ovulation finally happens, so there's still a possibility you can 'catch the egg'! Good luck!

klink, Fx for you! What day will you be testing?

MiaGirl, I'm so sorry the witch got you. :(

hanrh, you asked about when I will test - well, yesterday (10dpo), I used an internet cheapie with FMU, but I don't really know what to think. I didn't see anything, so I said Oh well and went back to sleep. I looked at it later (I know that's not recommended, but I was too curious) and when I looked at it very closely, I saw a very, very, very, very faint line. My DH did too. Since I was so tired and bleary eyed when I woke up to do the test the first time, it is possible I just missed it; but, it's also possible it's just an evaporation line. We'll see... I got a ClearBlue Digital and plan to use it on Wednesday, at 13dpo - that is when I got the BFP last time.

FWIW, the cycle I was pregnant, I never got a visible line within the ic's 5 minute time frame, either. It's weird, because the instructions say not to look for the results until the pink is totally cleared from the test area, but also not to look at the results after 5 minutes. Well, in my experience, the test area takes more than 5 minutes to clear, and I know I am not oversaturating it because I use a timer to make sure I get it out the second I am supposed to. I think I may just have a lousy batch of tests. :/

As for how long we have been ttc, we have been at it for about 3 months now. This is just our second cycle actually ttc, though; we took the 2nd cycle off as per the doctor's advice after the miscarriage.

I agree, it can be hard to see pregnant women/women with babies. It was especially so right after my mc. Seeing a pregnant lady at the grocery store, for example, was like a knife in my heart. But then I felt guilty for being envious, so I've tried to cope with it like this - when I see a pregnant lady or new mom now, I thank God that what happened to me did not also happen to them. I find that is helpful. :)

Not feeling like going back to work this morning, but at least it will help pass the time until Wednesday!

So...2nd day of dropped temps and I think I some cm last night, so I think the estrogen is building back up.

I'm ok with being out...as the DH and I will be doing a cleanse for the July cycle. I also tried to show him our BD stats in hopes that he will get more motivated during o week. I'd love to bd all 5 days so we will see. We really only got 1 bd in last cycle due to his tooth pain and that was on O day.

Thanks for all the thoughts and hopes :)

I work in clinical pharmacology. I have a master's degree in pharmacology (bachelor's degree in molecular and cellular biology).

The work itself is not exciting for me. I went into it wanting to do more science; you'd be surprised how little science is involved in my job! It's more about knowing how to use the software to analyze the data (follow our SOPs) and knowing how to code in SAS to make the reports (also following SOPs). However, the environment I work in is the real problem. Everyone is so stressed out and miserable and it makes it so, so hard to work. People are always trying to save their ass, so they will throw everyone else under the bus to save themselves. No one takes responsibility when something goes wrong and everyone points the blame at everyone else.

I was promised a path to progress my career (and do more science) which remains unfulfilled. Management admits I have done nothing "wrong" or "bad", they just don't want to develop anyone's career unless it is very convenient for them and in my case it's not convenient enough for them.

On top of all this, I am definitely underpaid for what I am doing. I know for a fact that I am only getting half of my market value. I've discussed this with my direct manager and the head of my group and got some ridiculous responses.

All of that in consideration, and the fact that I cried 3 mornings last week on the drive into work (dreading going there), it's time to move on!

Oh yea. Definitely time to move on. A few places I've worked have been like that, where you feel stuck with no room to grow and surrounded by people well versed in political speak.

Hopefully you'll find something much more rewarding.

Thanks NDurham. :flower:

Today is 7 DPO. Cramping from yesterday has stopped and I'm very hungry today. Not reading too much into it because the hunger could be due to the fact that I didn't get too much sleep last night. Although I was super tired yesterday I could NOT fall asleep last night. I actually think I was having a panic attack last night (heart racing/mind going non stop). So, I only got about 6 hours of sleep. Surprisingly I'm not that tired today, but am SUPER hungry.

:dust: to all!

I want to say I really appreciate all of you, you really make it easier to walk through this ttc journey! I'm onto just my 2nd cycle now (getting through ugly crampy af).
I'm excited for those that are still in it for July! Karen - I really hope that was a true BFP for you and you'll see a much clearer one soon!
Starluck and klink, hoping those are good signs, can't wait to see what happens!!
Ndurham, I'm glad you're still feeling positive even though it's hard to be out. What kind of cleanse are you planning to do?
And Katrine, rant any time, we're here for that!

Karen, your chart is looking great! Can't wait to hear your testing news on Wednesday!

Ndurham- I am so sorry to hear U think af is on the way. My heart always sinks when I wake up to a dropped temp.

Karen- sooooo exited for your vvvvvvv faint possible bfp. Can't wait to hear the results of your clear blue. You will have to post pics.

Tried ringing for a doc appointment at 8:30 this morning - fully booked:growlmad: doc isn't back in until Wednesday and when I asked they said there were hardly any appointments left!!!when the receptionist said that I nearly cried in front of my whole class of students!! I think I need to pull myself together. Haha. :dohh:

Thanks so much for the positive thoughts, everyone! I'm sure hoping that the symptoms I've been having are leading towards a BFP, and are not just me over-analyzing things!

Thursday (7dpo) I had a teeny, tiny bit of spotting; Friday I had some pains in my lower abdomen; I've also been super tired and get hot easily (I started sweating chopping some broccoli, lol!), and my appetite is growing by the day. I'll eat dinner, and then feel like I didn't eat anything! I've had sore boobs and itchy/tingly nipples (sorry if TMI!). Also, yesterday (10dpo) I got a terrible pinching headache in the back right of my head. Strangely enough, I got this exact same headache in the exact same place on 10dpo of the cycle when I got pregnant before... Could just be a coincidence, but if it is, what a weird one!

Other than the spotting, which I did not have before, these are all things I had shortly before my previous BFP, but did not necessarily have during my last cycle when we were not ttc. The only symptom I have not had this time around that I had before my BFP is a lot of creamy cm. I've had a bit of it, but not as much as last time. I hope that's not a bad sign...

I also started feeling inexplicably emotional last night; when we laid down in bed I started crying for no reason! No reason at all! And today I'm feeling a bit jittery.

Hopefully all this will lead to a happy conclusion!

Damn starluck that sounds like a lousy place to work at. You should definitely give your notice and move on, a job is such a big part of your life, way too big to keep doing something you hate and resent!
I just can't believe how many unethical and asshole bosses are around! I never realized that a lot of them actually don't care about the people that keep their company going. Ugh. Can you tell I have one? Haha.

I'm 4 dpo today - I had three days of gradual rises in temps then today it dipped down to just above ovulation temp. What does this mean? Is it just a fluke? (my bedroom felt very warm this morning temp shouldnt havve dropped) :S

Ndurham- I am so sorry to hear U think af is on the way. My heart always sinks when I wake up to a dropped temp.

Karen- sooooo exited for your vvvvvvv faint possible bfp. Can't wait to hear the results of your clear blue. You will have to post pics.

Tried ringing for a doc appointment at 8:30 this morning - fully booked:growlmad: doc isn't back in until Wednesday and when I asked they said there were hardly any appointments left!!!when the receptionist said that I nearly cried in front of my whole class of students!! I think I need to pull myself together. Haha. :dohh:

(((hanrh))) your doc is pissing ME off, so I can only imagine how you're feeling. big hugs honey :hugs:

Thanks so much for the positive thoughts, everyone! I'm sure hoping that the symptoms I've been having are leading towards a BFP, and are not just me over-analyzing things!

Thursday (7dpo) I had a teeny, tiny bit of spotting; Friday I had some pains in my lower abdomen; I've also been super tired and get hot easily (I started sweating chopping some broccoli, lol!), and my appetite is growing by the day. I'll eat dinner, and then feel like I didn't eat anything! I've had sore boobs and itchy/tingly nipples (sorry if TMI!). Also, yesterday (10dpo) I got a terrible pinching headache in the back right of my head. Strangely enough, I got this exact same headache in the exact same place on 10dpo of the cycle when I got pregnant before... Could just be a coincidence, but if it is, what a weird one!

Other than the spotting, which I did not have before, these are all things I had shortly before my previous BFP, but did not necessarily have during my last cycle when we were not ttc. The only symptom I have not had this time around that I had before my BFP is a lot of creamy cm. I've had a bit of it, but not as much as last time. I hope that's not a bad sign...

I also started feeling inexplicably emotional last night; when we laid down in bed I started crying for no reason! No reason at all! And today I'm feeling a bit jittery.

Hopefully all this will lead to a happy conclusion!

Karen, that all sounds great!! :thumbup: I would be very surprised if you don't get a BFP on Wednesday.

Damn starluck that sounds like a lousy place to work at. You should definitely give your notice and move on, a job is such a big part of your life, way too big to keep doing something you hate and resent!
I just can't believe how many unethical and asshole bosses are around! I never realized that a lot of them actually don't care about the people that keep their company going. Ugh. Can you tell I have one? Haha.

Maggz, it's crazy how unethical some people are. I'm going to leave here as soon as possible :) There are two main problems with me leaving right now without another job lined up: 1) we are paying off wedding debt, so we could use my pay check (otherwise we could live off of my husband's salary) and 2) I carry our health insurance (I get it through my job) - hubby is an independent contractor, so if I do not have health insurance through my job we would have to pay for it and it's $$$.

ETA: EVERYONE here is miserable. I do not know ONE person who works here who is happy working here. It's that bad.

I'm 4 dpo today - I had three days of gradual rises in temps then today it dipped down to just above ovulation temp. What does this mean? Is it just a fluke? (my bedroom felt very warm this morning temp shouldnt havve dropped) :S

choccy, do you have a link to your chart so we can stalk it? :)

Hey does this link work? Don't really like using fertility friend - ovuview is so much nicer to look at at!

I woke up really thirsty @4am then had to let dog outside so my temp prob isn't reliable. I usually temp at 6.30 so set my alarm again for 8.30 - I adjusted my temp slightly from 36.3 to 36.2 as mine aren't as affected by a couple of hrs difference.

Have any of you experienced a second dip a few days after ovulation? I read that it can be due to second surge as progesterone was too low which doesn't sound great?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/513b22/ttc.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"