Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Congrats to everyone who got their BFP's if I missed any before! And for those of us waiting on a sticky bfp I do understand it can be hard to hear the happy pregnancy talk, was especially hard for me because I just kept thinking how I was feeling exactly as ecstatic two weeks ago. You ladies really are such amazing strong and inspiring women! It would take me forever to respond to all of your well wishes individually but just know to all of you how much I appreciate it! I'd like to be able to say I'm always as positive as I sound on here but I still have my daily dark moments and cries too but I just know that if I don't try to remain optimistic that I'll drive myself crazy! Lol. Plus I always try to remember I'm blessed with my son and when I start feeling so sorry for myself I remember they're are women in this struggle that have or have had worse experiences. I also hope our mommies to be stick around because their positivity can give us all hope. And I look forward to being able to "graduate"! No matter how long it may take I am confident we will ALL get our sticky BFP's!

Min- when I conceived this last time we had only bd'd the 2 days before my peak O per the cb digital opk so you definitely bd'd at a good time!

Hanrh so glad you got good test results finally!!!

Happy weekend girls! I will enjoy a glass of wine tonight for all our preggers and 2ww ladies who can't! Cheers to all of you amazing ladies!

I think starting the new thread is a BRILLIANT idea! I love you all; you are all so intelligent and supportive. What a great group of women. I am hopeful we all get our BFPs soon <3

Cami, you are amazing. Your strength is so inspiring. I tend to get a negative attitude too often and quit before I even get started. You have such a great attitude.

MiaGirl, I hope you don't have a delayed O this time! The waiting can be so difficult :hugs:

NDurham, thanks for the reminder; "Anything worth having, takes time to achieve" :flower:

Min, you still have a good chance to catch the egg. Sperm can live 3-5 days inside you with the right cervical fluid.

AFM, I took a FRER yesterday and it was negative, but I thought 'well maybe it was a little too early to test anyway' (AF was due on Monday). AF arrived this morning after DH left for work :cry: I cried my eyes out on and off all morning. Thank God I'm working from home today so I can be in yoga pants and cry whenever I feel like it. I think I have a 10 day luteal phase, if I ovulated on July 7th and got AF today on July 18th - is that a 10 day LP? This is heartbreaking because LP should be 12-16 days and women with shorter LPs have a harder time getting pregnant because AF starts before the fertilized egg has a chance to implant :cry: I'm looking forward to temping for the entire next cycle to see when/if I ovulate and how long my LP is.. I don't want to waste time and I think I will go to my OB/GYN at the end of next cycle to show the chart and see if there is something I can do now (even though that would only be the end of our third cycle trying, I don't want to waste any more time waiting! Maybe they would do something for us (i.e. progesterone supplement or something)).

I always had an intuition that it would take us longer to get pregnant and now I fear it is coming true :cry: My husband isn't too upset by my non pregnant status (or at least doesn't seem to be) because he recognizes it's out of his control, but he is getting frustrated by my sadness (or maybe because this is something out of his control; he can't "fix" it). IDK :( Now I can completely understand how long term TTC can affect a marriage as we've already started the blame game 2 cycles in - i.e. me: "why didn't you ask me to marry you 5 years ago? We could have had a baby by now.." and him: "why didn't we just have a baby 5 years ago without the wedding" (that's what he wanted) :cry:

I'm so so sorry AF got you and you're feeling so down but I know exactly how you feel. I was the same last cycle when she showed up and probably will be the same again this cycle (hopefully not!!). I'm the same as you in that for a few years now I've had this bad feeling that it might take us a while to conceive and it's been a few months now with nothing so I too am worried my irrational fears might be coming. When I was convincing oh to start trying id say things like well it'll probably take his ages so of we start now maybe it'll happen in another year or so? I have no idea why I felt like that, just overly worried I guess.

I'm starting to think now that we BOTH need to be more optimistic though. We will get pregnant and soon! When the time is right it will happen xx

Oh and I just read your second update that AF hasn't properly arrived yet so yay fingers crossed! X

i can totally relate. i've kind of stopped checking the boards for a bit because (as ugly as it is, i will admit it) i've been too jealous of everybody's BFP! but, as time has went by, i came back and i am SINCERELY so happy for everybody who has gotten their BFP this month - as i'm sure the lot of you have been trying for longer than i have!

my period isn't due for another couple of days but i tested today on a whim, BFN. sigh. it's hard to not get discouraged because it feels like, if it hasn't happened by now, it never will - or that there simply MUST be something wrong with me.

aaaaaaah, i hope the rest of you are staying more positive than i at the moment!

I think starting the new thread is a BRILLIANT idea! I love you all; you are all so intelligent and supportive. What a great group of women. I am hopeful we all get our BFPs soon <3

Cami, you are amazing. Your strength is so inspiring. I tend to get a negative attitude too often and quit before I even get started. You have such a great attitude.

MiaGirl, I hope you don't have a delayed O this time! The waiting can be so difficult :hugs:

NDurham, thanks for the reminder; "Anything worth having, takes time to achieve" :flower:

Min, you still have a good chance to catch the egg. Sperm can live 3-5 days inside you with the right cervical fluid.

AFM, I took a FRER yesterday and it was negative, but I thought 'well maybe it was a little too early to test anyway' (AF was due on Monday). AF arrived this morning after DH left for work :cry: I cried my eyes out on and off all morning. Thank God I'm working from home today so I can be in yoga pants and cry whenever I feel like it. I think I have a 10 day luteal phase, if I ovulated on July 7th and got AF today on July 18th - is that a 10 day LP? This is heartbreaking because LP should be 12-16 days and women with shorter LPs have a harder time getting pregnant because AF starts before the fertilized egg has a chance to implant :cry: I'm looking forward to temping for the entire next cycle to see when/if I ovulate and how long my LP is.. I don't want to waste time and I think I will go to my OB/GYN at the end of next cycle to show the chart and see if there is something I can do now (even though that would only be the end of our third cycle trying, I don't want to waste any more time waiting! Maybe they would do something for us (i.e. progesterone supplement or something)).

I always had an intuition that it would take us longer to get pregnant and now I fear it is coming true :cry: My husband isn't too upset by my non pregnant status (or at least doesn't seem to be) because he recognizes it's out of his control, but he is getting frustrated by my sadness (or maybe because this is something out of his control; he can't "fix" it). IDK :( Now I can completely understand how long term TTC can affect a marriage as we've already started the blame game 2 cycles in - i.e. me: "why didn't you ask me to marry you 5 years ago? We could have had a baby by now.." and him: "why didn't we just have a baby 5 years ago without the wedding" (that's what he wanted) :cry:

I'm so so sorry AF got you and you're feeling so down but I know exactly how you feel. I was the same last cycle when she showed up and probably will be the same again this cycle (hopefully not!!). I'm the same as you in that for a few years now I've had this bad feeling that it might take us a while to conceive and it's been a few months now with nothing so I too am worried my irrational fears might be coming. When I was convincing oh to start trying id say things like well it'll probably take his ages so of we start now maybe it'll happen in another year or so? I have no idea why I felt like that, just overly worried I guess.

I'm starting to think now that we BOTH need to be more optimistic though. We will get pregnant and soon! When the time is right it will happen xx

I remember feeling exactly like you're describing and similar stuff with DH the very first few months when I very first started trying. I too always had fears I'd have problems getting pregnant. I don't even know where they come from since all the women in my family seem to be extremely fertile. With my son it was cycle number #4 off of the pill and that was a wonderful pregnancy! I have a feeling you'll get your bfp sooner rather than later. :hugs:

Hi! So what CD is everyone on now? I'm 8dpo, have been getting low cramps, lots of ewcm which has strands of blood in it - last month I had practically no cm after ovulation. Also had a slight temp dip this morning (nothing like the temp dip I had on day I believe I ovulated). I did take bbt about 40 mins earlier than usual but bbt adjuster calculator was suggesting a far higher temp. My body was cruel last month and gave me sooo many symptoms so am staying sceptical!

Hi! So what CD is everyone on now? I'm 8dpo, have been getting low cramps, lots of ewcm which has strands of blood in it - last month I had practically no cm after ovulation. Also had a slight temp dip this morning (nothing like the temp dip I had on day I believe I ovulated). I did take bbt about 40 mins earlier than usual but bbt adjuster calculator was suggesting a far higher temp. My body was cruel last month and gave me sooo many symptoms so am staying sceptical!

i'm CD10 and based on CM, FF is already telling me i am "probably fertile" so possibly i O earlier in my cycle than the default average? it's my first cycle paying any attention to any of this, so FF doesn't have any previous data and is predicting O at CD17. but we'll see...:shrug:

also, i have had trouble taking my BBT at the exact same time every day too! i have heard people warn against using adjusters though. FF will make it a circle (instead of a full dot) but that makes sure that FF knows it MAY be slightly off. if you adjust, then FF thinks it was taken at the "right" time and therefore will assume it to be accurate. most people also seem to say that an hour or so on either side won't make THAT big of a difference in the overall pattern, so just enter it as is.

since this is my first month temping, i don't have any experience to back any of that up with though...anyone else have good or bad experiences with temps taken at different times?

(i also started a thread a few days ago about poor sleeping and the timing of temping, if any of that is helpful...? https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/2204607-any-bad-sleepers-temp.html)

i can't click on your chart to make it bigger, but it looks pretty good with temps staying up above the red line. fingers crossed it stays up there!:thumbup:

I am on CD24. Was 34 days last month but I don't know if cycles are regular so just waiting.

I am not exactly a bad sleeper but I always wake up once in the night to pee. Sometimes around 2 am but sometimes at 4 am then I wake up for work at 6. Which is a problem because you are supposed to have 3+ hours sleep before temping, right? But if I wake up at 4 then 6 I will have only had 2. And does that mean I have to check off "sleep deprived" and get open circles every day?
Next month will be my first month temping (if AF gets me) and I wonder if I should even bother if it won't be accurate.

Choc, your symptoms sound promising! FX for you this month! When are you testing? Jump- hope you O soon do you can enter the TWW! Get to BDing ;) Min- I would still temp. I doubt you going to the bathroom well make that huge if a difference. I bet you will still get an accurate overall picture of your cycle which will be extremely helpful.

AFM, I am 10 DPO. My chart is attached, but thinking I'm out since it is going down. What do you girls think? This is my first month charting, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. We were kind of taking the month off anyway, since I know I would be out of town for my fertile week. I just wanted to temp to make sure everything is normal.

Enjoy your Saturday! :)

(P.S. sorry for any typos. I'm on my cell phone!)

Wow again so much has happened on here in the last day that I have missed whilst at work!!! Starluck- that sounds really promising. Fx you are our next bfp!!

Finally a saw my doc who told me all results were fine
And said she didn't know what the other doc was on about! She wants oh to go on for testing so that if we aren't pregnant by 12 months she can refer us straight away. Came out feelin much more positive !! :)

hanrh, so glad you are feeling positive and like things are going in the right direction :thumbup: so exciting!!

i can totally relate. i've kind of stopped checking the boards for a bit because (as ugly as it is, i will admit it) i've been too jealous of everybody's BFP! but, as time has went by, i came back and i am SINCERELY so happy for everybody who has gotten their BFP this month - as i'm sure the lot of you have been trying for longer than i have!

my period isn't due for another couple of days but i tested today on a whim, BFN. sigh. it's hard to not get discouraged because it feels like, if it hasn't happened by now, it never will - or that there simply MUST be something wrong with me.

aaaaaaah, i hope the rest of you are staying more positive than i at the moment!

hairftsher, I am feeling a bit discouraged too :/ :hugs:

I remember feeling exactly like you're describing and similar stuff with DH the very first few months when I very first started trying. I too always had fears I'd have problems getting pregnant. I don't even know where they come from since all the women in my family seem to be extremely fertile. With my son it was cycle number #4 off of the pill and that was a wonderful pregnancy! I have a feeling you'll get your bfp sooner rather than later. :hugs:

So interesting that you both had the same feeling. yeah, I'm wondering if it is just me being irrational or something more. Meh. I hope it's just me being irrationally fearful.

Jumpingo have you got a link to your chart to have a peek? Mrs TTC your chart looks good too - it is only a dip of 0.2 of a degree so hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow!
I had overlaid my FF chart over Karen's (who got her bfp recently) and it had similar trends which gave me more confidence in how I was taking my temps. Maybe you could do the same? I think if you're taking temps after a couple of hrs sleep that's bound to give you a decent enough reading? None of these things are foolproof anyway, as FF says, bbt is only useful to identify pregnancy after the fact! It just makes you feel like you're doing something - something else to obsess over! :D

Well, AF showed after we got back to our hotel room after the wedding we attended :( I've never, ever had spotting like that before AF, even on the same day, so I got hopeful it was a good sign. I was upset last night, but my husband lifted me up <3 Looking forward to our third cycle TTC! I'm having a big fat glass of my favorite wine tonight! I didn't drink any alcohol at the open bar because I thought I could be preggers. I got mocktails so no one noticed I wasn't drinking. I'll be making up for that tonight :thumbup: :wine:

Well, AF showed after we got back to our hotel room after the wedding we attended :( I've never, ever had spotting like that before AF, even on the same day, so I got hopeful it was a good sign. I was upset last night, but my husband lifted me up <3 Looking forward to our third cycle TTC! I'm having a big fat glass of my favorite wine tonight! I didn't drink any alcohol at the open bar because I thought I could be preggers. I got mocktails so no one noticed I wasn't drinking. I'll be making up for that tonight :thumbup: :wine:

So so sorry to hear that Starluck, it's hateful how a new symptom can give false hope like that :(

Enjoy tonight anyway! You and Camichelle deserve a wee break

I am on CD24. Was 34 days last month but I don't know if cycles are regular so just waiting.

I am not exactly a bad sleeper but I always wake up once in the night to pee. Sometimes around 2 am but sometimes at 4 am then I wake up for work at 6. Which is a problem because you are supposed to have 3+ hours sleep before temping, right? But if I wake up at 4 then 6 I will have only had 2. And does that mean I have to check off "sleep deprived" and get open circles every day?
Next month will be my first month temping (if AF gets me) and I wonder if I should even bother if it won't be accurate.

Hey they say three hours sleep as a rough guideline so heart rate gets chance to go down - so maybe if you're only waking up to pee and falling asleep immediately after your bbt is still accurate? Have you tried reducing fluids a couple of hrs before bed/avoiding caffeine?

I have cut down of caffeine since starting TTC and I almost never have it late in the day.
The problem with fluids is that I suffer from urge incontinence and have to limit my fluids during the day for legitimate fear of accidents while at work/out-and-about. So when I get home I just guzzle water to make up for basically having only one cup at lunch all day. Hence the nightly mid-sleep pee. Not sure it is avoidable without ending up dehydrated.

Min, I'd say it's definitely still worth temping. Even if it's not 100% spot on, I think you'll still see a pattern that will be helpful. (Hopefully you have no need to temp though with a BFP coming!) That's a bummer about the fluid intake problem, though. I could see that being tough.

Starluck, so sorry about AF :hugs: I looked at the silver lining when af came too and enjoyed some nice wine :wine:

Choccy, things sound promising for you..hope that BFP is coming!

Mrs. TTC, I don't think that little temp drop takes you out. It's only if bd'ing wasn't really the best time that might hurt your chances this month. But it's good you have a temping cycle under your belt now!

I'm just on CD7 now, finally out of the woods from af so time to get jumping on DH again! :winkwink:

Oh and I've TOTALLY had those fears some of you are talking about with it taking forever to conceive. I've been afraid of that well before I even got married. I'm sure it's probably irrational and it's not even grounded in anything.
My biggest comfort and thing I always have to remind myself is that children aren't my purpose in life. That my life is still full and meaningful and satisfied whether or not this can ever happen. They would just be a sweet added blessing. I'd of course be devastated if we were totally infertile, but I know life would still be purposeful. That's my two cents on that!

Choc, your symptoms sound promising! FX for you this month! When are you testing? Jump- hope you O soon do you can enter the TWW! Get to BDing ;) Min- I would still temp. I doubt you going to the bathroom well make that huge if a difference. I bet you will still get an accurate overall picture of your cycle which will be extremely helpful.

AFM, I am 10 DPO. My chart is attached, but thinking I'm out since it is going down. What do you girls think? This is my first month charting, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. We were kind of taking the month off anyway, since I know I would be out of town for my fertile week. I just wanted to temp to make sure everything is normal.

Enjoy your Saturday! :)

(P.S. sorry for any typos. I'm on my cell phone!)
Tww sucks. Just finished mine and even though I knew my chances were low since we only got to bd on o day, I was still hopeful. Temp up, temp down.... so freaking annoying.

Just try not to stress too much. Fx for you!

Camichelle have you found an acupuncturist yet? I just started reading a very interesting book on eastern med... I may try it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->