Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Add you to the list vs001 and frenchgal. Fx for you both!!

Hope everyone is keeping well! Anyone testing over next few days? I'm 10 dpo, bfn this morning - last month I had my period on 10dpo so hopefully it stays away! Have been feeling a bit nauseous but again, am not going to think too much about it as had symptom overload last month and nothing happened
! Got another temp rise this am of 0.2 degrees celsius so at least temp hasn't gone down.

Ps. About buying baby stuff... I bought a cool baby blanket from TK maxx two months ago plus a cute rattle off amazon. I won't judge if if you don't judge lol!

I'll be testing around the 8th hanrh :)

lol choccymonster no judging!! promise! :)

I'll be testing around the 8th hanrh :)

lol choccymonster no judging!! promise! :)

Added you Maggz!!!

Choccymonster - I love that you got baby bits already!! Has anyone else ??

I haven't bought any baby stuff yet but must admit I did have a little browse today after reading about your purchases.. Its quite exciting to even look ! :)

Sorry I've been missing for a few days. Sorry to the ladies with AF :hugs:

AFM, 11DPO BFN for me this morning. I go from one minute looking at BBTs for next cycle to looking at prams cos maybe I tested too early. I'm officially bonkers - I've suspected it for a while :rofl:

i've found my people!!:haha: a couple days ago there was a crib in the clearance section at the furniture store (we were just wandering around while waiting for our pizza order next door) so i looked online and read reviews and price compared it...and it was such a good deal that we couldn't pass it up. it's now in our storage unit hoping for a BFP sooner rather than later so it can come out:rofl:

Choccymonster - I love that you got baby bits already!! Has anyone else ??

so yeah, i'm the crazy girl with the crib in storage...:blush:

also, several years ago (maybe 6 or 7? WAY before i even knew my husband) i bought a stuffed animal i planned on giving my someday baby. so, "baby's first stuffed animal" is also in storage.:haha:

choccymonster, DEFINITELY no judging here! i may be a bit of an enabler, if anything! :rofl:

You all are giving me the inclination to start looking at baby stuff more often! YEAH! I think this could be a good visualization technique to get that BFP ;) Imagine it as already done and it will become your reality. So rock on with baby shopping :thumbup:

I bought the clearblue ovulation testing kit: https://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-digital-ovulation-test.php

I don't like the internet cheapies I got! Too confusing for me. Just give me a smiley or no smiley - time to make my life easier :happydance:

Same here with the OPKs starluck.

I swear the cheapie opks I got NEVER really looked positive. They had lines but they never got as dark as the control even though I got a positive on a digi.

I guess I am stuck buying expensive digis :(

You all are giving me the inclination to start looking at baby stuff more often! YEAH! I think this could be a good visualization technique to get that BFP ;) Imagine it as already done and it will become your reality. So rock on with baby shopping :thumbup:

I bought the clearblue ovulation testing kit: https://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-digital-ovulation-test.php

I don't like the internet cheapies I got! Too confusing for me. Just give me a smiley or no smiley - time to make my life easier :happydance:

I signed up to the clear blue trial that some ladies on here mentioned a while back. I got one of these testing kits as part of it and they send me the sticks to use each month. I'm not sure about it tho. Having used the fertility monitor prior I find it really confusing!!!

Same here with the OPKs starluck.

I swear the cheapie opks I got NEVER really looked positive. They had lines but they never got as dark as the control even though I got a positive on a digi.

I guess I am stuck buying expensive digis :(

I had the same experience. They got darker but not as dark as the control; it could just be that my surge is short and I missed it - which I've heard is a "good" thing, but who knows. The extra $ is worth it to me personally!

I signed up to the clear blue trial that some ladies on here mentioned a while back. I got one of these testing kits as part of it and they send me the sticks to use each month. I'm not sure about it tho. Having used the fertility monitor prior I find it really confusing!!!

Aw man you think it's confusing? I hope I didn't just create a headache for myself by buying them LOL. Is that trial still open for enrollment? And, was it open to women in the U.S.? For some reason I thought it may have been for the U.K. only (?)

It was for the UK. I am not sure if it's still open as it was a couple of months back that I signed up. I'm sure u will be fine with it, it's just not as simple as the monitor. Much easier than Internet opks though - takes all the guess work out :)

I'm in the same boat with the cheapos, mine just look plain weird! Did one last night and the dye didn't start running through for a good 15 seconds and then when it did, one edge of the test got most of the dye anyways, the control line ended up being super faint and the test line even fainter... :wacko: So confusing... but I have a couple of target brand regular ones that I'm gonna use around the time I should be o'ing just to make sure.
Wish I could justify buying the clearblue one, haha, dh would probably off me ;)

As for baby stuff, I started looking it up a little after you guys were talking about it so yes, you are enablers!!! :haha:
I now have very set opinions on baby wearing wraps, no travel system buggies/strollers, and of course co-sleeping!
On that note, I didn't know co-sleeping was such a controversial subject! Back home it's a no brainer as most women breastfeed and it would just be too much of a hassle to have the baby in another room. I would also feel uncomfortable not being close to the baby and hearing what's going on in the crib.
Babies usually don't get their own room until they're 1-2 years old, since you know, they don't really need it :haha:

co-sleeping is definitely controversial here.
AFM, I am all for baby in the room but not for bed-sharing.
But I don't care if anyone else does it!
It is just that my bff still does it with her 6-year-old and it has caused problems in her relationship as well as being a tad awkward when I have babysat him overnight. Her 3-yr old sleeps in her own room just fine and after seeing how it is going for them I just don't want to go down that route myself.
Again - not to jinx anything by prematurely planning parenting strategies!

Oh no not bed-sharing... not for me.
6 years old still in parents' room!! Wow that's a long time and I bet that causes problems, kinda odd if the younger one sleeps in his/her own room??
Haha yeah we can plan all we want but at the end of the day it's not really gonna be up to us, eh? It's too fun though not to plan out ;)

Yeah... It is messed up to say but DH and I tend to look to my bff for what we DON'T want to do as parents. I know it is easy to judge when we aren't in her shoes but she had to do it all first (first of our friends to have kids) so at least we can learn from her mistakes, right?

I also irrationally feel like if I research lots of parenting stuff to pass the time while ttc then I will be super-prepared even as a first-time mom and everything will be easier. Haha. Yeah right.

I even know that I want a funky jungle nursery theme! :D
I'm so anti-pink for girls (a little is fine, but no-no to frou-frou!) The knitted blanket I bought is mint green with dinosaurs!

EXACTLY!! Plus if my DH looks at me I just say I'm picking up bits and pieces for any of our friends who are expecting! (he knows rightly though lol!)

I used a clearblue yday and really didn't like looking at it, I think the blue dye is too close to looking like evap lines. So I got a pack of FRER today to try tomorrow morning :D expensive hobby this ttc....

Oh yeah I'm not very pink either, more purple, green, brown etc... I'm not super blue either for a boy, I prefer the gender neutral colors! Dh wants a manly man son though so I know that's gonna be a little hard for us cause I wouldn't really care if my son played with dolls. lol...

I know what you mean mintastic! My bff has a 1 year old and stays at home with her, and she literally runs their lives (or at least my friends' life), with no set routine whatsoever... I really don't want it to be like that. I need my sleep, yo! :haha:

OMG agreed!! lol I enjoyed getting my smileys!! it was very exciting!!

Well, 12 DPO for me and temp is slowly creeping down! Took a FRER today and it was negative. I knew it would be, because of our BD this month, but of course I always hold out hope ;) Waiting for AF, then on to the 4th month for us! Today, I told my hubby some positive things about not getting pregnant this month to make myself feel better. Then I asked him if he had any (he really wants a baby too!), and his response was we get one more month of honeymoon time together (we've been married for 17 months LOL)! He's so supportive. I often feel even worse getting a negative, because I know how bad he wants a baby too!

I'm going to do the ClearBlue Digi Ovulation tests this month too girls! I am excited to try them :) (that was one of my positives haha!) I'm also going to use concieve plus, continue temping, eat pineapple/core, and use EPO from CD1- ovulation. Anyone else have any good things to try? Hopefully our FOURTH month will be our LUCKY month!!

And, I love that yall buy/research all things baby! I have a secret board on pinterest that has a million baby nurseries and mommy tips! Can't wait to put it all into action ;) Also today at Target I spent almost an hour in the baby section looking at bottles, diapers, wipes, pacis, everything! It was so fun :)

CHOC- your chart looks GREAT! Can't wait to hear your test results!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->