Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Min, that's a great idea about the new thread...hope I could join it sometime sooner rather than later too!
I soo hope you catch that egg, whether it's tonight or when he gets back.

I'm looking forward to starting off a new cycle soon now, just hoping beyond hope that O isn't delayed again, I hate the waiting game. We will see though!

Oh NDurham I've been feeling the same way, it's not just you! At the same time that I'm super happy for all our friends getting BFPs I get this creeping feeling that maybe I won't get mine since so many are getting theirs... like there's a BFP quota that's been filled. Completely irrational and silly but I just wanted you to know you're not crazy and not alone in feeling weird. :hugs:

I would love if we had a "graduated to preggerz" thread that we can come join in on, would be so much fun to be bump buddies with all you ladies :hugs:
And don't feel weird about posting here about your BFPs at all, we are 100% happy for you :happydance: and of course want our friends to succeed and get their sticky beans :hugs:

NDurham, you're not crazy I know how you feel:) Im more than happy to see BFP announcements in here. Makes me really happy to see that and gives me hope for one too but yes I guess the pregnancy talk should probably move on to a pregnancy forum as its a little hard to read. Love your idea Mintastic and hopefully we an all move on and join that graduates or pregnancy forum soon. Congratulations again to all the mum to be's :)

I hope all the graduates didn't get scared off and one starts the new thread.

Klink and HopingCarter, I in NO way meant that either of your intended to make me (or anyone else) feel bad.

I know, it's the new excitement of having a BFP and wanting to yell from the rooftop, "FINALLY!!!!!".... yet you can't. So BB is where we all come when we have issues, questions and concerns to talk about that we just can't do anywhere else.

I totally get it. Please don't feel bad.

And you know...everyone's responses really just reiterated why I like this thread so much. ALL of you are awesome and supportive every step of the way. Mintastic your idea about a graduate thread, is just completely brilliant. I love it! In addition to making everyone feel welcome, yet not sadden, it's also something to look forward to! I mean, I love graduation... and now all I can think of is making sure I do everything I'm suppose to do to graduate. LOVE IT.

And you know...that's a good segway to something else I wanted to say. I was on a health call this afternoon, and one of the speakers said a quote, and the part I remember was, "Anything worth having, takes time to achieve". That applies to so many things in life that require a huge commitment, to start to reap the benefits.

I love my DH, of course... But I must say, this year (our 2nd year of marriage) was much better than that first. And the first year of marriage was much better than our entire courtship (hehe). It's like, had I given up after the 1st, 2nd or 10th argument, I wouldn't have him to enjoy today.

So for me, the quote meant so much. So whether it's the 1st, 6th, or 18th cycle ttc, it's worth it to keep on trying! And that's just what I plan to do.

-----

All that being said, I started spotting today, no surprise since I've been getting bfn all week. Which is probably why I've had 2 meltdowns today. The one earlier... and after leaving a happy hour, where not 10 minutes after I arrived, the table talk goes on about one of the guests who's expecting in Oct. ouch.

:dust: to everyone...

That's a lovely outlook your taking and I totally agree, it will happen when it's meant to. I hope your spotting stays away but like you said, there's always next cycle if not :)

I hope the mum to be's haven't been scared off because I honestly do love hearing of you ladies getting your BFPs. So happy for you all xxx

Hey everyone who got the BFP and wants to stick together still in a different thread here it is:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...g-buddies-sticking-together.html#post33257635

:) Hope for all of you other ladies to join us soon! :dust: to all of you! :)

Yay! Thanks klink.

AFM,
FR digi OPK finally gave me a yes+ (had a line on it again so they definitely mean something - although I swear the line was lighter than yesterday).
A Walgreen's brand strip didn't look positive to me though so I dunno what to think. (Sorry no pic)
Also I just want to scream. The fr OPK says to BD 24-36 hours after a positive and DH won't be here then. I hope last night was good enough but so frustrated. I had him postpone the trip thinking I would O earlier only to have him leave on exactly what is likely my two most fertile days.
I am seriously so saddened and frustrated.

I know we are just starting out but it was/is a huge struggle for me to come off my meds and missing the opportunity to properly try makes it feel like the struggle was/is for nothing.

Send me some positivity ladies! Anyone know of cases where someone only BD'd the night before a positive OPK and still got their BFP?

Don't give up your hopes! Sperms can survive a few days, so if you have ewcm you should be good! I had creamy and ewcm mixed and got my bfp!

It's best to bd 2-3 days before O I think so I definitely still think your in with a chance :) good luck xx

I also would like to apologize if our overexcitement caused anyone to feel bad! I really hope it did not seem like we were rubbing it in or anything like that. To be honest, I was also starting to think before seeing these latest posts that perhaps we should move our pregnancy talk to another thread to be more respectful. So, I am sorry if I caused anyone any discomfort! And, I know many of you will be joining us soon! Can't wait! :hugs:

Good luck, Mintastic! I've you've BD'ed during the fertile window, you definitely have a chance, even if you miss ovulation day!

NDurham, I'm sorry about the spotting. :( :hugs: to you!

Happy Friday, everyone! :thumbup:

I think starting the new thread is a BRILLIANT idea! I love you all; you are all so intelligent and supportive. What a great group of women. I am hopeful we all get our BFPs soon <3

Cami, you are amazing. Your strength is so inspiring. I tend to get a negative attitude too often and quit before I even get started. You have such a great attitude.

MiaGirl, I hope you don't have a delayed O this time! The waiting can be so difficult :hugs:

NDurham, thanks for the reminder; "Anything worth having, takes time to achieve" :flower:

Min, you still have a good chance to catch the egg. Sperm can live 3-5 days inside you with the right cervical fluid.

AFM, I took a FRER yesterday and it was negative, but I thought 'well maybe it was a little too early to test anyway' (AF was due on Monday). AF arrived this morning after DH left for work :cry: I cried my eyes out on and off all morning. Thank God I'm working from home today so I can be in yoga pants and cry whenever I feel like it. I think I have a 10 day luteal phase, if I ovulated on July 7th and got AF today on July 18th - is that a 10 day LP? This is heartbreaking because LP should be 12-16 days and women with shorter LPs have a harder time getting pregnant because AF starts before the fertilized egg has a chance to implant :cry: I'm looking forward to temping for the entire next cycle to see when/if I ovulate and how long my LP is.. I don't want to waste time and I think I will go to my OB/GYN at the end of next cycle to show the chart and see if there is something I can do now (even though that would only be the end of our third cycle trying, I don't want to waste any more time waiting! Maybe they would do something for us (i.e. progesterone supplement or something)).

I always had an intuition that it would take us longer to get pregnant and now I fear it is coming true :cry: My husband isn't too upset by my non pregnant status (or at least doesn't seem to be) because he recognizes it's out of his control, but he is getting frustrated by my sadness (or maybe because this is something out of his control; he can't "fix" it). IDK :( Now I can completely understand how long term TTC can affect a marriage as we've already started the blame game 2 cycles in - i.e. me: "why didn't you ask me to marry you 5 years ago? We could have had a baby by now.." and him: "why didn't we just have a baby 5 years ago without the wedding" (that's what he wanted) :cry:

OK so there's a little bit of hope for me yet.

I just went to change my tampon and it was only a little bit of light brown mixed with some creamy CM. Usually when AF starts for me it is red blood mixed with brown for the first few hours then straight to red (sorry if TMI)

Hmmmm.

I'm not going to let myself get too excited though because I do really feel like AF is on her way (light cramping, exhausted, shaky).

Aww hun I just read ur post..and I see there is lot f chance ..u need not worry ..m so positive when I have 8 days LP...and u still having 10 days..I knw mine is pretty short..but m planning to take chances few more cycles..

with this last post f urs..if this still aint AF>.then ur still having chances hun/!!...Fx for u!!

and if by any chance u plan to visit ur ob/gyn do let me knw too what she suggests for short LP...

and for the married part..I understand the frustrations.and if we get upset it really affects our partner..more than any other thing...like for me my hubby is really v v supportive..he always peps me up but I knw at the end we both want baby sooner than soon..but we both are v positive it will happen..so remain that way hun ..ur positivity will definitely make him more positive and u guys will pretty soon have baby...nothing to say that u've just started tried and blah blah..but..remaining positive and being by each others side is really important..and thts what marriage is all about isntd:::) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aw - sorry you are bummed starluck.
I did a terrible job trying to track my cycle this go and will also be trying to consistently temp for the first time next month. If AF gets me that is.

Feel better! FX for next cycle or that this is only spotting for you!

Thank you so much Pearly and Min <3 I feel like a crazy person, one minute I am crying and now I am feeling happy and positive. Thank you so much for your kindness and support :hugs: The cramping is subsiding and no red has shown. I did a quick google search and it looks like implantation can take place up to 12 dpo, so I'm feeling hopeful.

You are so right Pearly about being positive and that will help him feel positive too. It is very important that I stay positive for him <3 I don't want to see him feeling down and frustrated. If I do see an OB/GYN for LP I will let you know. I have read a bunch of things online and in TCOYF - most people get progesterone either as pills or cream. Vitamin B6 seems to help some people too. There are a lot of recommendations out there and alternative therapies that people have suggested from what I've read online (chinese medicine (herbs and other treatments), acupuncture, different vitamin b complexes, 'pregnacare' vitamins, etc.).

If AF doesn't come full force I'll test on Sunday with FMU and see what happens.

wow m so excited for u starluck!!..fx fx fx and toes crossed too!!

Wow again so much has happened on here in the last day that I have missed whilst at work!!! Starluck- that sounds really promising. Fx you are our next bfp!!

Finally a saw my doc who told me all results were fine
And said she didn't know what the other doc was on about! She wants oh to go on for testing so that if we aren't pregnant by 12 months she can refer us straight away. Came out feelin much more positive !! :)

Yay, starluck! Keep us updated. I hope you get your BFP! All these emotions you're feeling are great signs too :)

Hanrh, I'm glad your progesterone checked out. That other crazy doctor should be fired for making you worried in the first place! I hope everything checks out with your sweet OH as well.

Hope you ladies are all having a fantastic Friday and weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->