Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Now that I've got a BFN at 13DPO with FMU I know I"m out for July. Had a long talk with DH last night and asked how he would feel if I started checking my temp early every morning. I kinda explained how it works, but was worried about disturbing his sleep. He said "I'm up for anything that helps" :cloud9:

So, can someone point me in the direction of a good BBT and the basics of charting? :haha: x

Hi I would recommend this one as you're from UK, got it off Amazon where I buy EVERYTHING! It was cheap and holds last temp in memory so you can go back to sleep and look it up later on. I use the Ovuview app which is free and has a much prettier interface than fertility friend and has a cool spinning wheel effect you change the colour theme of!

(I fill my temps in on both so I have a chart in my signature here - but Ovuview let's you add as many symptoms/notes etc as you want). The fertility friend website does good tutorials on charting. Plus you have everyone here to ask! :)

Just make sure you have thermometer within arm's length to your bed and set it for time you get up for work, then keep to that time even when you're off. That's why it's good to get one with memory. Don't speak, move around much or get up to pee before you take temp!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004EYMB0U?pc_redir=1405217733&robot_redir=1

Now that I've got a BFN at 13DPO with FMU I know I"m out for July. Had a long talk with DH last night and asked how he would feel if I started checking my temp early every morning. I kinda explained how it works, but was worried about disturbing his sleep. He said "I'm up for anything that helps" :cloud9:

So, can someone point me in the direction of a good BBT and the basics of charting? :haha: x

Oh no choccymonstter and loobs! Af hasn't got u yet though - I have seen ladies on here getting there bfp not until much later than you two are at. Fx for you. As for charting - I use fertility friend app. It's really good and if u sign up u can watch videos which show u all about charting. I've found it so useful.

Oh no choccymonstter and loobs! Af hasn't got u yet though - I have seen ladies on here getting there bfp not until much later than you two are at. Fx for you. As for charting - I use fertility friend app. It's really good and if u sign up u can watch videos which show u all about charting. I've found it so useful.

I hope you're right! Still feeling "off" and have a lot of lotiony-type yellow cm today.

Aw loobs and choccy, sorry about the bfn's. Those are so hard to see every time! Even when we weren't trying and I thought af was late, those bfn's still made my heart sink. But like others said, there are tons of late BFP stories out there.

Jmpingo, I dont think your LP length affects test accuracy on a given day. It's probably good to have a longer LP so the baby has plenty of time to implant. It just makes it harder to wait for af if you get bfn's.

Samantha, can't wait to see your results Friday!

Thanks for your replies ladies.

Choccymonster, thanks for your recommendations. I had seen that amazon thermometer already but it's always better to know for sure it's good! Will have a look at fertility friend and ovuview :)

Hanrh, I know it's still early but I just feel like I'm out. Maybe if I'm making plans for next cycle I'll get a late BFP? :haha: worth a try!

X

No bother! If you do get it, do a practice run cos it takes about 30 seconds to get a reading, otherwise you might take it out too early and spoil the reading! I genuinely think there have been mornings I've fallen back to sleep only to wake up with its beeping! It's to two decimal places which is what you need.

Ovuview just looks cool, whereas fertility friend looks a bit... nineties?

Have ordered it!

I see what you mean about fertility friend - it is very nineties haha. x

thanks for all your reassurances everyone!

unfortunately, my chart got "readjusted" this morning. i took my temp twice, both were not at the usual time, but i kept the lower one since that's technically what BBT is (lowest temp within a given day) and now i'm back to CD14 with no O. so, we'll see!:shrug: guess the sex-ing must go on!:haha:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50e7f1//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Yep keep up the bd'ing!! Maybe today is O day for you with that temp dip? I don't typically get an O dip but I know some people do.
Have fun!

I haven't checked out ov, as I started with ff. While the charts are 90 ish the app is pretty awesome. I track waywayyy too much.

Hi I'm 12dpo today, BFN on Tesco digital and internet cheapy. :cry:

I cant even refer to last month's cycle as it was twice as long overall! I had AF on 10dpo then.

choccy,
that steady rise on your chart looks promising though! not over til the :witch: shows! hang in there!!

Hi I'm 12dpo today, BFN on Tesco digital and internet cheapy. :cry:

I cant even refer to last month's cycle as it was twice as long overall! I had AF on 10dpo then.

I agree, your temps are continuing to rise which is a good thing at another look at your chart it looks like you could have actually ovulated a few days later than you thought. I think your BFP is still coming x

I agree choccymonstter- your chart looks really good! Maybe it's just still to early.

I am confused this morning. I have 2 monitors on the go - the clear blue fertility monitor and the smaller clearblue test with flashing smileys. It's the first month I've used both (got the smaller one with the cb trial). This morning the small one have me a flashing smiley (peak) and the othe one (cbfm) gave me nothing (low). Very strange???

Jumpingo - keep going with the BD!

Choccy - don't get disheartened yet! Like the pp said, your chart looks fab, even I know, and I'm a newbie to charts :p

Hanrh - That is strange! I don't know what to make of that!

AFM, signed up for fertility friend last night and they are sending me the tutorials through email :thumbup: Enjoying learning about it all. Got the app on my phone too so getting to know my way around that. When I googled Ovuview it looks like you can't get it on iPhone? Anyways, I'll persevere with FF at the mo, don't want to confuse myself to begin with.

Another silly question from me - am I meant to start taking temps on CD1? I don't know if my BBT will be here in time!

x

I know very strange eh?! Just going to continue to bd and see of my temp increases tomorrow to confirm. Got a dip in temp today which usually indicated my ov day so fx.

I found the fertility friends videos so helpful! I also bought the book 'taking charge of your fertility' as recommended by the ladies on here which has loads of info on charting. It's got some really interesting info about interpreting your temps to show low progesterone and thyroid problems etc.

As for starting temping on cd1, I would just start when you can. My first month is started about cd7 and although ff didn't indicate my ov date as I assume there wasn't enough data, I was still able to read it myself. Was also good to get used to what to do.

I haven't used the cb flashing smiles in a year almost but I thought flashing was high fertility and solid was peak. I must have that fused. I would go with the opk over the monitor some times it has to adjust.

I haven't used the cb flashing smiles in a year almost but I thought flashing was high fertility and solid was peak. I must have that fused. I would go with the opk over the monitor some times it has to adjust.

Ah yes thank you for this! Just read my instructions again and you are right. Flashing equals high not peak! Duuuh!! That makes a little more sense! Thank you!

Good morning everyone :coffee: (well, it's morning here anyway :) )

Choccy, your chart looks really good. Don't give up hope yet. I'd test in a few days again!

Loobs, you can start temping on any day of your cycle. Just start when you get the BBT :) I use FF and find it really easy to use! Even at 5 am when I temp and log in to quickly record my temperature with blurry, sleepy eyes ;)

I should get my clearblue ovulation predictor kit in the mail today :happydance: I won't start using it until CD9 or 10, but I'm looking forward to getting it and reading all the instructions - it's almost like Christmas morning LOL! the best gift of all would be that BFP though!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->