Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

I peeked into the graduation thread and quite a few non 1st-time moms have hopped in there. I think everyone is just drawn to the idea of positive thinking. It seems good though because that way it is mostly FTMs (which I still get confused about the acronym b/c in my world that means female to male transgendered...) but with some more experienced ladies mixed in to offer guidance.

Also have been getting myself all worked up b/c yesterday I only had spotting. So 2 days of full (medium) flow and 1 day spotting. Normally I have at least 5 days of full flow and 1-3 days spotting. I guess my body doesn't really believe in "normally" anymore. Will see what today brings!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I read through a lot of the past messages, so I feel like I know a lot of you already!

I'm still trying to figure out if I ovulated or not yet. Since this is my first month really charting, it's still hard for me to figure out! I'm gonna keep an eye on temps and keep BDing just in case. :shrug:

i had a really weird temp spike yesterday and it stayed up today, so on my way to a triphasic chart it looks like, but am trying desperately not to test until tomorrow. might see if i can make it until thursday even!?:winkwink:

EDIT: right as i posted that, my husband texted saying, "well maybe I just surprise you with a PT later today :p"

aww, he's using acronyms!:friends:

he forgot to buy it. probably for the better:blush:

Also have been getting myself all worked up b/c yesterday I only had spotting. So 2 days of full (medium) flow and 1 day spotting. Normally I have at least 5 days of full flow and 1-3 days spotting. I guess my body doesn't really believe in "normally" anymore. Will see what today brings!

boo. hope it settles itself soon!:trouble:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I read through a lot of the past messages, so I feel like I know a lot of you already!

I'm still trying to figure out if I ovulated or not yet. Since this is my first month really charting, it's still hard for me to figure out! I'm gonna keep an eye on temps and keep BDing just in case. :shrug:

this is my first month charting too and it's tough with nothing to compare to but i did the same.:winkwink::spermy::haha: fingers crossed it gets us some BFPs soon!

Welcome back camichelle :) FX for your sticky bean next cycle!! lol, I didn't notice or care that you are not ttc#1 :)

Mint, thanks for sharing that info. It does make me feel better about TTC at 30 as I've also been getting myself worked up that maybe we waited too long.

Welcome Gator23 and Michellebelle :)

Jumpingo, that sounds promising! So cute about DH going to buy a test!

I'm glad you're back camichelle! But I understand about why you'd want to take a break, makes perfect sense. And no worries at all about being on #2.

Welcome to Gator and Michelle! Always fun to have more positive thinking buddies around!

Jumpingo, yay for spiked temps, hope it's a great sign!

My opk yesterday seemed sooo close to positive, yet technically I guess negative. But my temp jumped up 1.1 degrees today. I hate my irregular cycles and never knowing when I'll O!

Hey,

Would I be able to join you all? I think I could do with some positive thinking hehe!

x

Absolutely join us tink! We'd love for you to be here with us!

Thank you :)

I hope you O soon or that the temps keep reflecting you did O! It can be such a frustrating waiting game but fingers crossed for you.

I've just started AF early, boo, so I'm out this month but here's to the next month at least!

Welcome and hi to the new ladies! Hope it's a short stay for you all!

Mint - we can be charting newbies together! I started this morning!

Jumpingo - can't wait to hear about your testing! I know I'm a charting newbie but its looking good!

Camichelle - I didn't even notice you already have TTC#1 haha. Please stay and be our pregnancy expert!

AFM - took my temp for the first time today! The witch is nearly gone. Woohoo! x

Hey Mint, this might make you feel better.... I came off bcp in May after 14yrs, first cycle was 39 days but luteal phase was only 10 days! This mth my second cycle was 29 days with luteal phase of 15 days!

Loobs - Hey charting newbie buddy! I actually slept really poorly last night. First my dog kept me up crying because of a storm then like every five minutes for an hour before my alarm went off I would wake up thinking "I have to take my temperature!" - dunno why I was so stressed about it but in any case had to check "sleep deprived" on FF. I really like ovuview so far - it is pretty.
My temp was 97.02 which is meaningless on its own.

Choccy - that does make me feel better - thanks!

I slept ok - was pretty tired last night though. Mine wasn't far off yours - although mine is in celsius! Looking forward to a pattern emerging, hope it does! x

Haven't been here in awhile... I guess I'm still on my 2WW but according to FF I should be getting AF today. Although, I usually O few days later than what FF said because of the OPKs... so basically waiting around for AF to show because my IC's have been negative. :cry:

Welcome Tink! :flower:

Loobs and Mint, I'm pretty new to temping too, just started mid-cycle last month. Can I join you guys in 'new to temping, hopefully we can figure this out'? lol. I am really hoping I see a clear ovulation pattern this cycle. Last cycle I didn't really see it, although I was only temping for the end of it, so who knows :shrug: I am actually kind of stressing myself out that I won't see a pattern ~ do you worry about this too??

DandJ, I hope AF stays away!

Does anyone get 'test anxiety' before taking an OPK or HPT? I give myself so much anxiety before I try out an OPK or HPT - like I'm a failure or something if it is negative. I was going to start my clearblue digital opks today but the thought of seeing an empty circle (no ovulation yet) made me skip it. LOL, I didn't want to see anything negative!! I don't have any EWCM yet so I figured it would probably be neg. anyway (plus, last cycle I think I O'd on CD18 and I'm only on CD10 today). I might start them on Wednesday if I think I can handle seeing the negative. I am going to try not to be tempted to take a HPT early this cycle ~ going to try my best to wait until the day AF is due. Seeing the stark white negatives is starting to mess w. my mind and it's only cycle 3 TTC.

Hey all, welcome to our new members :) :dust: for all of us!

Glad you're back camichelle :)

starluck as for test anxiety, no I don't really feel it cause usually I'll have had a long conversation in my head with myself not to get my hopes up. Every time it's a bfn it's a huge let down but still something I'm prepared for. Sorry don't really have any advice for you but to just try and relax.. and that's easier said than done! :hugs:

AFM I'm 4dpo, not symptom spotting this cycle like I was last... it was driving me crazy and it just doesn't do any good. I don't think I'll be testing until af is supposed to be here... hopefully it stays away. That's the route my dh wants to go, don't spendmoney on HPTs, just wait until my af doesn't show up! lol

@starluck; I have long cycles too, I usually O around CD21.. thus making have like a 34 day cycle. I don't really get anxiety when taking the tests, I haven't been taking any until last minute to refrain from disappointment but still depressing to see BFN :(

Hey starluck - I am not stressed about not seeing a pattern - not yet anyway. Clearly though I am stressed about remembering to take it at the same time every morning. I really hope that I don't keep waking up like that.

As for "test anxiety" I think I am already numb to peeing on things - I had to take a few hpts over the years back when I would have been mostly hoping for a negative (but secretly in the back of my head imagining what if it were positive?) and it felt so tense and thrilling. Now after using OPKs for like 20 days straight the only nervousness I get is when occasionally I go to the bathroom and have a moment of panic when I pee into the toilet like - "wait!!! was I supposed to do that in a cup? Did I just waste it?"

Starluck - the more the merrier, we can muddle through together! I definitely worry about not seeing a pattern. I feel like I'm pinning all my hopes on the fact it'll work this cycle cos I'm temping - newsflash! Doesn't work like that and I need to keep reminding myself!! :dohh:

x

Maggz, thanks it's a good idea for me to have that talk with myself beforehand! I think my problem is that I wish to see a certain result and then feel disappointed if it's not what I wished for. Nice job staying out of the symptom spotting game!

Mint, I had the same thought pattern in years past with hpts - hoping it was negative but also had this little spark of hope that it would be positive. I had to LOL at "wait! was I supposed to do that in a cup?!" I totally have had that feeling! That concentrated urine is so precious, I drink a lot of water so it's hard to get it "right"! lol

Loobs, that is a great reminder!! I feel like I'm putting in all this 'work' ttc and then to get that bfn is such a let down - like I did all of this work for a negative result?! I need to remind myself too that it doesn't work that way - sometimes we put in the effort and it doesn't work out. I'm just used to seeing a positive result after putting all my efforts into something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->