Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

I would love to join. This is my 3rd cycle TTC. I will be testing around August 12th.

Baby dust to all of you!!!! I hope we get a lot of :bfp:

I'm glad you're back camichelle! But I understand about why you'd want to take a break, makes perfect sense. And no worries at all about being on #2.

Welcome to Gator and Michelle! Always fun to have more positive thinking buddies around!

Jumpingo, yay for spiked temps, hope it's a great sign!

My opk yesterday seemed sooo close to positive, yet technically I guess negative. But my temp jumped up 1.1 degrees today. I hate my irregular cycles and never knowing when I'll O!

I have irregular cycles, too, so I know what you mean! Sometimes is seems like they are around 42 days total, sometimes 28 or shorter. Does make it hard to plan and know when O will be! The benefit of charting now is being able to have a bit more insight into this stuff.

Welcome agonzalez!

Mint, every morning I actually find myself waking up and tossing and turning before I take my temp JUST because I am afraid I will mess up my temp by waking up too early! Temping can be stressful if you're like me and want all the data to be perfect! But it's worth it!

Welcome agonzales. Good luck to you!

I just wanted to come on to share with you ladies that I am currently reading "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" and am literally loling.

Some highlights are where she talks about how buying a used fertility monitor is okay since you can reset the memory and you aren't going to lick it or anything. Or how it is good that you only have to wear an ovulation watch (a product I never heard of before) at night so you aren't walking around all day wearing a digital readout of your fertility like some "TTC nerd."

The book is funny and informative and makes me feel less crazy. I got the e-version on Google Play for $8.59

My only warnings would be the book is pretty much geared towards women who are married to a man and trying to conceive naturally - so if that isn't your situation some of the assumptions made might be annoying. It also kind of assumes your husband (that you have) is a horny dog who wants to have sex all the time which I know isn't the case for many of us but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the overall read so far.
It also makes a lot of references to US brands and stores - however I think it would still be entertaining and informative for UK and elsewhere women.

Full on AF is here now. It's so heavy and painful :( hate her so much. Fingers crossed for an August BFP :)

Samantha, sorry the witch got you :( Mine has been super painful this month as well. I hope the pain lessens soon! Hopefully in August we will both get our :bfp:'s. Wishing you lots of luck for then.

@Mintastic, that book sounds really good. Thanks for posting about it! Will try and download it on my kindle later. I've just started reading a book about TTC but it's a fiction book. Just hoping it will help me to feel a little more sane.

Morning ladies. Feels like I haven't posted for ages so I hope I haven't missed anything!

Good luck to the charting newbies. I have found it so helpful and am sure you will too. I find it so exciting when I get my temp surge each month!

Sorry to Samantha that af came. Fx august will be your month.

Mint- thank you for the books recommend. I think I might invest in that one. Anything to feed my ttc addiction! I have been reading 'taking charge of your fertility' which is very informative.

Tink - what is the fiction book you are reading called? I think I might stock up to get me through this tww!!

6dpo for me today.... No symptoms at all :(

Welcome Agonzalez :wave: good luck for this cycle!

Mint - Sounds like a good read, I think I'll download it on my kindle and give it a go!

Samantha - :hugs: hate those cramps!

Hanrh - Sometimes no symptoms is a good thing! And it's still early!!

AFM - Took my second temp today :thumbup: The witch is gone, looking forward to start OPKs! x

Hanrh - It's called The Atlas of Us by Tracy Buchanan. Funny enough I saw the link from an article on here but I can't think where that article was on the site.

AF has arrived :cry:

@Mint; That book seems like a good read, at least add a little humor to our lives.

Mint, thanks for the book recommendation! I might just have to get it for myself so I can at least laugh at how crazy I truly am LOL

Sorry AF got you Samatha and DandJ :witch:

Hi hanrh! the TWW is tough :hugs:

I started the clearblue digital opks this morning. They are easy to use - and I love that it's either no smiley or a smiley face - makes my life easier :) It was negative this morning, which is exactly what I expected. Looking forward to seeing that smiley though!

Glad so many appreciated the recommendation.
I may check out that fiction book as well - thanks Tink

Sorry Samantha and DandJ that the witch got you - although after all that spotting Samantha it is probably a bit of a relief to just get it over with I imagine.
I actually thought AF was over for me - after only 3 days very unusual for me - but seem to still be spotting a little.

I am starting the clear blue digi OPKs this month too! Only trouble is only ten in the box and I have long cycles. It says to start using on cd12 but I didn't get a positive until cd23 last month so I may wait a little - hope I don't miss it.

My second day temping - was quite a bit lower than yesterday but I got more and better sleep so maybe that is why?

Hi Mint, a similar thing happened to me with this past AF - day 4 was super duper light (almost spotting), and I continued to have spotting on day 5. On day 6 I had a little bit of spotting, but I think that was mostly due to BD so close to my AF (I spot if we BD the day after AF). My AF is typically 5 days with no spotting, just very light on the 5th day. You might be able to buy a few more test strips on amazon. It is probably worth it to ease your mind so you don't miss it because if you keep getting negatives you might freak yourself out (at least I would LOL). I'm not 100% sure if you can just buy the strips or if you have to buy the whole pack w. the stick too. Regarding the lower temp - it's probably just because you were in a deeper sleep. It could also be because it was cooler last night (at least in CT it was).

Oh yeah, it was actually cooler last night in NY also. Good point. I have a few cheapie OPKs maybe I will use those early and if they start to get a little darker switch to the digi to be safe.

Samantha and DandJ, so sorry about af. I hate that she's painful too, as if the emotional pain wasn't bad enough she has to physically beat you down too :growlmad: so not fun.

Loobs I wouldn't worry about no symptoms at just 6dpo. It's very possible that it wouldn't have even implanted yet anyway.

You girls are getting me interested in some books now! I honestly haven't even thought about reading a ttc-related book but maybe I will now...

Well my morning opk yesterday was negative, but in the afternoon it was positive! I'll probably take two again today. It's BD every day now! I'm not used to this though..feel a little sore :wacko: hoping for my temp spike tomorrow. It's funny how badly I want to get to the tww, but I know when I'm there I'll still be going crazy!

Oh and Michelle - yes irregular cycles are so annoying. My last one was 46 days and the one before was 26. I like temping so I know when to expect af, but it's really no help in figuring out when I'll O so I'm resorting to cheapie opks this month.

Haha Mia that's very true, constant waiting that we're signing up for with this ttc! :rofl: :wacko:

5dpo over here... determined not to symptom spot! Just started taking some prenatals along with my folic acid and omega 3 so I should be getting an amazing amount of vitamins in my body haha

Oh and Michelle - yes irregular cycles are so annoying. My last one was 46 days and the one before was 26. I like temping so I know when to expect af, but it's really no help in figuring out when I'll O so I'm resorting to cheapie opks this month.

Ugh yeah, I may do opks next month. I still don't think I O'd this month yet, but I'm so unsure! Looking forward to learning more about my cycles though charting that will help me get a BFP soon!

My sis gave me the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book so I feel like I'm learning a lot!

Oh and also I've eaten just about my weight in Riesen and Trader Joe's caramels this week. Don't know what's up but I'm totally done with caramels for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->