Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Starluck, my o day was originally the 15th....I was reading some where that estrogen peaks again in the luteal phase and can cause ewcm. Not sure if this is really true....but it seems to make sense with my chart. I figure it will put me off testing for a while. I'll keep monitoring my temp and see what happens. I have the weekend off so am going to try not to think about it too much.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

almost exact same thing happened to me last month (first month temping) but it even moved them BACK to the original date. i was going crazy! haha in the end i think the 2nd prediction was right, based only on temps and no CM data.

try putting the "detection setting" to FAM, which is purely mathmetical based on temperature values (FF's default is Advanced, which takes into account OPKs, CM, CP, etc) and see what it does.:thumbup:

okay, looked at your chart a bit more...

how long are your cycles normally?
(i feel like i remember you saying you were coming off BC, so maybe you don't know?)

just looking at temps, it might be accurate with O being on CD22.

if it weren't for the solid dots on CD20 and CD21, i would have also wondered about the big jump at CD19.

THIS is why half the time i want to give up temping. all the "what ifs" and one temp throwing me for a loop.:wacko: obviously i've only been doing it for a month, but i already think that FF just needs a couple cycles to become more accurate. in the beginning, it's going half on the data you are able to provide (last cycle length and AF days) but then it has to "fill in" the rest with the average data since it doesn't have any of your data to base predictions off of. once it knows your LP length and has a couple averages for your O-day, it becomes much better at predicting. err, i hope at least!!

and all that to say, my new advice to anyone who talks (even in way-far-in-the-future-daydreaming-type-talk) about having kids is to start temping NOW, so when you actually start trying to have kids, the data is all there for you. even if i hadn't charted CM or symptoms or any of that, just knowing my cycle better would have given me a huge head start, i feel like.:gun:

Awww Starluck I am so sorry :( My heart aches for you! I hate that stupid AF.... I'm not too sure about luteal phase defects, but hopefully you can get some answers soon. Big hugs to you!!

Gator- maybe that big dip is implantation and your CD 15 O was right, FX!

Loobs- how are you feeling? Your chart looks great still! Mine dipped a tad today, hoping it increases again tomorrow.

Starluck I'm so sorry :( I hope you get some answers and things improve next cycle.

Mint, you are brave! I always go to the self serve for tests haha and wow $60 that is crazy!! Hopefully it's worth it tho and gives you the answers you need x

AF showed up today :cry::cry::cry:

I knew it as soon as I took my temp at 5am. Then I noticed that I felt like my period was coming. Went to the bathroom and there it was :( My LP is only 6 days :( If my LP was normal and AF showed I think I could have felt OK with it. I woke up my dh to tell him i got AF and just laid in bed crying. he held me and said he has faith we will have a baby someday. he's the best <3

i'm going to call an ob/gyn and see if there's something they can do for me now (i can only show them one chart though... so not sure if they will do anything for me at this point). i'll keep taking the vitex and b vitamins, hope they start to work soon.

i have my FX for all of you - especially Loobs - it's looking good girl!!! any other testers this weekend?
Oh no starluck I am so so sorry. I would definitely give your doc a call. I have found just passing on my worries to the doc usually helps! :hugs:

Anyone have their dh get a SA? How long did it take to get results back?
My hubby have in his sample for SA yesterday. The nurse said it would take 10 days to get the results.

Starluck I'm so sorry :( I hope you get some answers and things improve next cycle.

Mint, you are brave! I always go to the self serve for tests haha and wow $60 that is crazy!! Hopefully it's worth it tho and gives you the answers you need x

Mint that's has made me laugh so much!

MrsTTC - I feel ok. TMI coming up ladies, you have been warned! I had been seeing a bit of brown or pink stuff when I wiped. Yesterday, just once when I went to the loo, it was a light red/orangey watery stuff on the paper. Not dark red/almost black that I get when AF comes. I was feeling a bit crampy so popped on a liner thinking she was coming. Was expecting temp dip today. Temp has gone down a bit from yesterday's but yesterday's was pretty high. There's nothing on the liner and nothing when I wipe this morning. So now I'm wondering if it's IB or if not, why am I bleeding in the luteal phase? :(

Mint - I actually lol'd at your story!

X

I forget Loobs - did you come off BC recently? If so a lot of people experience all kinds of weird random bleeding and spotting for a few months after. Also a lot of us (I am in a thread about it) noticed a change from more dark brown/black blood to more bright red blood.

Sorry Starluck! :hugs:

AFM, I tried SoftCups and they were a lot easier and less scary than I imagined. Even after pulling it out, there was some ewcm in the bottom. I really wanted to BD with DH, but we've done it the past 3 days in a row (had ewcm yesterday) and he wants to replenish his supply :blush: We'll try again tomorrow... there's a chance to still conceive if you BD a day after you get ewcm?

Mint - no, stopped the BCP (mini pill) in March 2013. So not sure what's happening. Never had anything like it before. No spotting today x

Hope so! Scared to be too optimistic. I'm really in 2 minds. One minute I'm wondering when I'll test cos there is a chance after all. Then the next I'm telling myself that it's probably not a good sign. Google is not my friend today! :haha: x

Loobs - I know ib isn't typically red which I am sure Google is telling you but it isn't impossible. What else did Google scare you with?

okay, looked at your chart a bit more...

how long are your cycles normally?
(i feel like i remember you saying you were coming off BC, so maybe you don't know?)

just looking at temps, it might be accurate with O being on CD22.

if it weren't for the solid dots on CD20 and CD21, i would have also wondered about the big jump at CD19.

THIS is why half the time i want to give up temping. all the "what ifs" and one temp throwing me for a loop.:wacko: obviously i've only been doing it for a month, but i already think that FF just needs a couple cycles to become more accurate. in the beginning, it's going half on the data you are able to provide (last cycle length and AF days) but then it has to "fill in" the rest with the average data since it doesn't have any of your data to base predictions off of. once it knows your LP length and has a couple averages for your O-day, it becomes much better at predicting. err, i hope at least!!

and all that to say, my new advice to anyone who talks (even in way-far-in-the-future-daydreaming-type-talk) about having kids is to start temping NOW, so when you actually start trying to have kids, the data is all there for you. even if i hadn't charted CM or symptoms or any of that, just knowing my cycle better would have given me a huge head start, i feel like.:gun:

My cycles off bcp were 28-29 days but that was 6 years ago. It seems likely that my cycle could be a little weird due to it being my first cycle off bcp. My nipples were sensitive after cd 22 which is my new o date per ff which would make sense with ovulation. I also don't feel like my period is going to start today or tomorrow so maybe ff is right. It will definitely help to have some more cycles to figure out normal for me.

MrsTTC - I feel ok. TMI coming up ladies, you have been warned! I had been seeing a bit of brown or pink stuff when I wiped. Yesterday, just once when I went to the loo, it was a light red/orangey watery stuff on the paper. Not dark red/almost black that I get when AF comes. I was feeling a bit crampy so popped on a liner thinking she was coming. Was expecting temp dip today. Temp has gone down a bit from yesterday's but yesterday's was pretty high. There's nothing on the liner and nothing when I wipe this morning. So now I'm wondering if it's IB or if not, why am I bleeding in the luteal phase? :(

Mint - I actually lol'd at your story!

X

Loobs, it totally still sounds like a good sign! Fx that it is IB!

Just things like chemical pregnancy, miscarriage and low progesterone are the main things I'm reading. Been looking at charts with IB on FF and a lot of them end in miscarriage. As far as I know my GP won't do any further testing (like CD21 bloods) until we've been trying a year. This is only our 4th cycle so struggling to stay positive. I know in jumping to conclusions but my mind is running overtime! X

for anyone not using OPKs, how do you (try to at least) plan your BD days?

or does everyone here use OPKs?:huh:

I use opks. Sorry wish I could help. Maybe bd every other day and believe in ur gut. This month I got a low and it should have been a high. My stomach had little cramps all day so I did an opk that night. I usually only use opks when my monitors show high. Low and behold positive opk. Always trust ur gut.

I use opks. Sorry wish I could help. Maybe bd every other day and believe in ur gut. This month I got a low and it should have been a high. My stomach had little cramps all day so I did an opk that night. I usually only use opks when my monitors show high. Low and behold positive opk. Always trust ur gut.

thanks future baby:flower:

do you just BD every day after a positive with OPKs? or every other day? we seem to be in a "two days in a row, one day off" kind of pattern at the moment:blush: but i think that would still hit enough days in the fertile window no matter when it happens...?

gonna head over to FF and search the charts that ended in pregnancy:comp:

Um loobs arnt you meant to be testing today?? :) FX!

I didn't test today :( feeling a bit disheartened and didn't collect my FMU. If I don't have any spotting today I'll test tomorrow. Plus my temp came down a little today, will see what tomorrow's brings! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->