Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Well, my temp took a nose dive this morning :( Expecting AF any time now. I have wet CF and am feeling like AF is on her way. TTC sucks.

My husband and I were talking this morning - if my AF shows, do you think it would be very bad of us to lie to an ob/gyn and say we've been trying for a year? I'd have two charts that show a LP of 6 days, but I don't think a doctor would even consider seeing us until 1 year ttc because of my age. What do you guys think? I really don't want to lie, but I also don't want to go through the stress and anxiety of TTC every month for 12 months before just starting to see a dr...

i don't have any experience with doctors, so have no idea how it all works. but your FF charts go all the way back to 2009...? if you aren't actively temping, but still technically "trying," does that still count? i mean, people who don't chart but just try "naturally" for a year still get seen...right? sorry, i have no idea but i would hope you don't need a whole 12 months of full-on charting to get seen:shrug:

We've only been TTC since we got married May 31st 2014. I started using FF a long time ago just to keep a record/have an idea of when I should expect my next period. You don't need to be full-on charting to be seen by an ob/gyn if you've been TTC for a year (or 6 months if you're over 35).

Aww, I'm sorry Starluck! *hugs*

My temp actually nosedived this morning too, so I'm also feeling really bummed. It could always be a weird day.. But with me already having AF symptoms, I feel like she'll be here today or tomorrow. Ugh. I kept having so many pregnancy dreams and thought this may be the time!

And starluck, the same thought crossed my mind this morning.. Will I have to try for a year before getting help? I have my regular checkup with my doctor in Dec, so if nothing's happened before then, I'll see what she thinks. Curious what you decide and how that works out. Hopefully you'll get a BFP soon and won't have to worry about it!

I should add - if my luteal phase was at least 8 days I wouldn't be too concerned and would just continue TTC. The fact that it's 6 days is what has me concerned and not wanting to wait to be seen.

I should add - if my luteal phase was at least 8 days I wouldn't be too concerned and would just continue TTC. The fact that it's 6 days is what has me concerned and not wanting to wait to be seen.

I agree. If it's consistently short, you should hopefully be able to see someone now to see what's going on.

We've only been TTC since we got married May 31st 2014. I started using FF a long time ago just to keep a record/have an idea of when I should expect my next period. You don't need to be full-on charting to be seen by an ob/gyn if you've been TTC for a year (or 6 months if you're over 35).

gotcha! i wish i had started temping before even trying to get pregnant. i feel like i could have saved the last couple months of "data collecting.":roll:

every once in awhile i see people posting about things to help lengthen your LP...maybe worth looking into in the mean time?

I agree. If it's consistently short, you should hopefully be able to see someone now to see what's going on.

i hope that's the case too:thumbup:

Thanks all <3 I've been taking b vitamins; those are said to help lengthen LP.

Argh Starluck, it sounds like a real nightmare with such a short LP. Initially my LP was 7 days and now it's 13 days *touch wood* but I don't know what changed it. I took agnus castus and B Vitamins, especially focusing on B6. I don't know if that's what has helped although I don't take them anymore as for me I was feeling very sick on them.

I've also heard of a few people who do tell their doctors they've tried for a few months more than they have and especially with such a short LP, there is no harm in that.

Michelle, sorry your temps have nose dived :(

Awww Starluck hugs goes to u Hun but still ur not out untilm th witch shows and for the luteal phase since ur already taking b vitamins it may take some to to work so stck to them my lp s 8 days too v short but now it's really time for me to go for doc
As for doc I would really say no harm in saying ur over an year trying atleast the check ups are important if u having doubts if ur ready

Tink even without the b vitamins now ur lp has become 13 days??
How long did u try then?

I was taking them from September last year until July this year so hoping it stays working but only time will tell!

x

Starluck- DH and I have been TTC since the beginning of May. So I am feeling the exact same way as you. It is so frustrating :( Today has been super hard for me, I have been really down about TTC. Thinking something is wrong, not sure what- maybe endemitriosis? or maybe DH spermies. I just wish I knew it would happen eventually and maybe that would help me not worry. I just want a baby so badly, just like you girls! I know our time will come, I need to be patient and trust in God's plan.

Starluck- I think it is totally fine for you to tell a little fib about how long you have actually been TTC. It won't hurt to get early tests done. Big hugs to you, I know EXACTLY how you feel

As soon as AF starts, I am going to call my OBGYN to hopefully make an appointment on CD21 for bloodwork to check all of my hormone levels and everything. I hope she will see me.

Have any of you guys had a pre conception visit with an OBGYN? I was thinking about doing that if I don't get my BFP this month

i went in last week for a (long overdue but not related to TTC) pap smear and just made sure to mention we have been trying. she didn't really say much, but listened and said that yeah, it does take some time, even when there's nothing wrong. i guess if you have access to it, it's worth mentioning and seeing what kinds of tests (if any) they would run right up front?:shrug:

Have any of you guys had a pre conception visit with an OBGYN? I was thinking about doing that if I don't get my BFP this month

I talked to my OBGYN before starting to try, but everything was centered around.. Start taking prenatal vitamins now, make sure you're up to date on your vaccinations, etc.

I have an appt scheduled for Dec, so if I don't get a BFP before then, I may ask some more questions.

Last time I went (Feb), I told her we would start trying soon, and my appointment went pretty much like Michellebelle's. She just told me to start taking a prenatal and make sure I had all my vaccinations. Didn't do any screenings or anything. She just said you're young and healthy, so I'm sure I'll see you back soon. Ha. Ha. joke's on her... ;)

OMG my temp shot back up today! FX!!!! My AF symptoms are gone. Yesterday I had light cramping and felt 'tender' down there and those are both tell tale signs of AF on her way for me.

If this isn't a pregnancy at least I got an extra day to my luteal phase!!

Thanks ladies for your support regarding seeing a doc <3. I wish I could hug you all in real life! Consider this a big hug :hugs:

Now I'm really just hoping I have nothing to worry about since my temp went back up today!

Laura, I did a preconception visit and thought it was a waste of my time and money. The dr didn't tell me anything I didn't already know! Take prenatals, sex every other day at least, etc.

Yaaaaaaay starluck!!!!!!.fx that dip was implantation!!!! Eeeee I'm SO excited for you! REALLY hoping this is YOUR month! Keep us posted :)

Yay starluck! I have my fingers crossed for you!

I woke up today hoping for the same thing and guess what... It happened! My AF symptoms are still here though, and I feel like she could arrive any second. So while I'm hopeful.. I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up today or tomorrow. Either way, happy for the temp spike to keep the hope alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->