TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dwrgi – I wrote something funny, but erased it as I’m getting to your latest post. I’m not counting you out by any means, there young lady! Sometimes dips take 2 days, as well. I only faintly showed on a wondfo at 12DPO & didn’t show on ic until 15DPO, so don’t give up yet. But, I am sending you all the luvs & cwtches I can from across the pond & will be checking in.

:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss: & :dust: !!!!

Hi ladies! Have had a rough/long/busy week, so catching up…

Ksluice – wow, I can’t believe how many eggs you had!!! :shock: That is awesome – keeping everything crossed for you :thumbup:

Treegap – welcome to you! OPK’s should be done after 10 or 11am. Just bring ‘em & do it at lunch. You may be one of those people who gets +opk 2-3 days in a row, or you may be like me & LH surges for maybe 2-6 hrs & its sheer luck if I catch it each month (I have to test 2-3x/day when all other signs are imminent – hence, importance of charting! :wacko: )

Dashka – been checking on your chart along w/Dwrgi’s! So glad tests are all done & RE follow-up scheduled! :happydance: Hoping upon hope you get some answers!!! :thumbup: Anytime you need a good swift kick in the bum, I’m here! :haha: :hugs:

Janey – 3.6 is very low. You may not have o’d (or you may have progesterone deficiency?), but your Dr should have commented. Anyway, yes, we have discovered that you can get +opk actually not O, so the only way you’ll be able to tell if you O is via charting/temping (sustained shift) &/or bloods (unless you happen to have an u/s around!). As far as alcohol, we’ve had that discussion a couple of times & the studies on low/moderate consumption don't seem to be conclusive, only heavy drinking. Some studies have suggested that drinking around conception is actually worse than drinking in 2WW, as in 2WW egg lives off sac & even within a few days of implantation, until a placenta actually forms, the sac doesn’t get nourishment from mom. Then there are those who get pregs when they are partying it up? Its confusing, so maybe try to cut down to low/moderate consumption & play it safe around conception/2WW? I think if I totally cut out drinking over the last 1yr 8mos "in hopes of" maybe conceiving, I would be posting from the local funny farm by now, as I would have lost it! (&become very bitter) As far as clomid, I don’t see the problem with them putting you on that even if overweight, but for ART I can imagine they’d highly recommend losing the weight, but not sure they’d turn you away?

Fro – will do, thanks! I ended up getting it filled already bc my schedules so ridiculous, so when it calms down we’ll schedule a meet :winkwink: :thumbup: Hoping we dodge the hurricanes this year too!

Purps – hope you are catching up on some :sleep:!!! Maybe a “lie-in” day would be perfect for you! Thanks for Never news – yay!

Tiger - :haha: on chasing pigeons when :drunk: Good luck w/the meds!!!

Nessaw – Oh, have fun on your mini-trek around the UK! Its beautiful there…

BDown –We’ve have been there or are all presently there in your frustration. Try not to let it ruin your relationship, though. I have had the talks w/my DH & he is only willing to do IUI, as well & understandably so. He could go either way, so asking him to take out a 2nd mortgage just for the “chance” to “maybe” have a :baby: is a lot. Or perhaps they just need to take baby steps & we have to respect that & try to talk to them lovingly, openly & honestly. It’s a really touchy subject. GL with your new protocol! Hope the tests solves the puzzle for you - GL :thumbup:

Flutter – I wouldn’t wait on SA, either. If its him you would waste 6 months & perhaps some good eggs – they dwindle fast at our age…

Pad – yes, you must go to Glastonbury – stay a couple days :winkwink:. Drink the healing waters… I don’t think your eggies have disappeared, there lady! You’ve just started back into this & have been under some serious stress :hugs:. Have you O’d? (your chart is not very stalkable at the mo…) :winkwink: Just wondering, worse comes to worst, can you just take some drugs to drop a bunch of eggs & then chances are one would by pink? If the blue ones would be absorbed, I’m just thinking out loud I’ll shut-up now... :hugs:

Owl – get to it, girl! FX!

Mirium – Oh! :haha: :winkwink: Don’t worry, I thought I was on CD7 & I’m on CD12 :shock:! I kept ignoring my chart too bc it feels like forever before I O, then all of a sudden its like CD11/12 & realize its time to start O supps/gf juice & POAS (opk). You too there young lady! FX you won’t need the lap!

HTJ – oh honey :hugs::hugs::hugs:. So sorry you are going thru this. But, I am glad you cried during reiki massage. People have cried, broken out in laughter, puked, broke out in sweats, got chills, etc during reiki many times – it’s a cleansing process so if you are holding something negative in there, it need to come out. (I puked during for an entire day in my Karuna reiki class!)

LadyH – flying blind this month, huh? :winkwink: Don’t give up, honey. I’m at 1yr 8 months too… :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hi: everyone else!

No time to write now as I’m off to girls’ weekend. Dwrgi, I wish you could join me :hugs: Much luvs & hugs to all!

dwrgi don't know what to say other than am so sorry.look after yourself.much love vxx

Dwrrgi, you shout away honey because you are right this isn't fair. I will hold you in my prayers and so hope that you are wrong and this does turn out to be your turn. I really wish I could do something to make this all go away for you. Love and hugs as always.

Dwgi rant away. It's like you are speaking for me - and probably everyone else here - so much of the time!

To everyone else, I'm at work haven't had time to read more than a couple of pages, but hope everyone is able to find at least one thing to smile about this weekend.

HI ladies!

Dwrgi - my sweet Welshie gal...:hugs::kiss: You rant all you want - scream it from the highest mountain cause you are absolutely right woman.... Life is NOT fair.:hugs::hugs: We ALL deserve this wonderful gift to conceive and give birth to a child WAY more than an undeserving teenage drug addict mom.... and what kind of sense is in that I don't know!.... I wish I could say something more that would make you feel better - but I'm like Lils - Not giving up on you yet! It is only 11DPO ....so let's give it another few days ok!!:thumbup:
I too never EVER thought in a million years that I would be 40 and infertile (and I started trying before my 30th bay).... it is sickening to think how much we want this and can't have it.. I just recently found out that 2 of my cousins are expecting too. :dohh: I know it must be even harder for you because you've done more treatments without luck.... But somehow, someway I know you are gonna make a great MAMA to a very wonderful child.:hugs::kiss: I'm still holding out tons of hope for you :hugs::kiss:

HTJ - I'm so sorry hun for all you are going through with your mom...:hugs::hugs: I can't even imagine... I think it is a good idea to take a break - give yourself and body time to heal a little... It is so true about cortisol... Have you thought about moving on from Clomid to injectibles for the next time? (with IUI?) They seem to be more successful for our age...
Sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: take care of yourself... GL on tatoo as well :flower::winkwink:

BDown - GL on tests and HSG!:thumbup:

Lils - enjoy the retreat with the ladies! :thumbup::thumbup: Hope next week is less busy for you... DODGE the hurricane????!!!!! OH NO!! - stay away from my LILS and FRO!!:hugs::kiss::hugs: Think I need to do a Reiki 'cleanse' too... it sounds just like what I need.

Dr.H - :thumbup::thumbup:Morrocco!! Oh I am so envious! Always wanted to go there! Have a good trip back....:hugs:

Purps - thank on the Never news!!! - hope you are catching up on :sleep::sleep::hugs::kiss:

Never (if you are reading) - Congrats hun!! hope you are taking it nice and easy :hugs::kiss:

Asry - nice to see you now and then! When is your next scan - don't you find out soon re: boy/girl?:hugs::kiss:

Tiger - you /your DH said it perfectly: "we are good people and our children will be the ones to make this world a better place".... that is so awesome and makes me want to continue this fight!:hugs::kiss:

Hello to everyone I missed - hope you are having a great weekend...:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

AFM - I am contemplating starting my own journal but don't know when I'm going to start it.... need to get my fears/feelings out and think it will help. I am currently reading "The Fertile Female" by Julia Indichova and am starting to like the idea that I need to take care of my self regardless of the outcome of this journey.... there is an inner child in me that needs to be cared for and I need to respect her no matter what happens... I can't berate my body/feelings or anything for that matter.... I wouldn't do that to a little child and so I can't do that to my self either (actually that is a lot of Louise Hay thinking as well -love her)... I also like the idea -that perhaps my unborn child is waiting for me to learn what it is I need to learn about myself before they arrive.:hugs:

I had a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE nightmare last night:nope:... the kind that makes you scream and then sobbing and sobbing for half and hour after I woke up... I was having trouble falling asleep because of bad thunderstorm didn't fall asleep until 3AM and when I did - the worst nightmare ever.... I am even having trouble repeating it -haven't even told DH what it was about yet -as so hard to repeat.... The dream took place at night and I went back to get AD in the car- car was bouncing up/down -thought she had gotten out of her car seat somehow and to my shock and horror - I found my little AD being RAPED by a stranger in the back of our mini-van - and her body was LIFELESS - I screamed and woke up right away and sobbed and sobbed and actually I am sobbing right now typing it all out.... it was horrible -couldn't close my eyes again because would see it over and over in my mind...:cry::cry::nope::cry:

I don't even normally dream at night - and I hope I never have that kind of nightmare again - it is actually 100 X worse that it was AD, than a dream that I was being raped.:nope::nope:

Dashka that is horrible as dreams can be so real, poor thing :nope::cry::hugs:

Dwrgi, I'm so sorry hon. I'm sick of seeing all the perfect little families on fb, life is so effing unfair :cry::cry::grr: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Flutter – I wouldn’t wait on SA, either. If its him you would waste 6 months & perhaps some good eggs – they dwindle fast at our age…!

LilSluz - thank you for the advice! We received our :bfp: on Friday morning!!

Flutterbee --- just to be sensitive to others....have put my reply in a spoiler...

Congrats!!! that is so awesome! and here we are giving you advice and you are preggers! Happy and healthy 9 months to you! :hugs:

p.s - you can also put pics in spoilers too.... (just go click on "go advanced" under message box and hit the icon for spoiler

Flutter – I wouldn’t wait on SA, either. If its him you would waste 6 months & perhaps some good eggs – they dwindle fast at our age…!

LilSluz - thank you for the advice! We received our :bfp: on Friday morning!! I could hardly believe that I was seeing two lines! I have also tested Saturday and Sunday and each day the line has gotten darker. We are happily surprised and shocked! I am 37 years old and this is our first pregnancy. So ready to call the Dr. in the morning!!

Here are pics of the three tests that I took!

https://img864.imageshack.us/img864/3513/test1j.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

https://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4419/test2rb.jpg

https://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3654/test3ri.jpg

That's really brilliant news Flutter! I'm very pleased for you. I think there is a TTC 35+ Graduates Thread which might offer you loads of help and advice and support re. early pregnancy and onwards, as I'm sure you have loads of questions and different thoughts and feelings.

Very very pleased for you, Ax :hugs:

p.s - you can also put pics in spoilers too.... (just go click on "go advanced" under message box and hit the icon for spoiler

Thank you dashka! I am still learning how to work this forum, I appreciate any and all advice on how to do things!

Dash-that's a horrible dream. No wonder you were so upset. Remember, it was only a dream, AD is safe and nothing like that will ever happen to her. Ever. It was only a dream, not real. Just keep telling yourself that.

I'm so sorry, that must have been really, really, dreadful for you. Big :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Chicken, Maddy, Butterfly, Ness, Lil and Dash-thank you so much for your kind thoughts and for taking the time to write a few lines to support me. It means such a lot, and you really are the best!

I hope you all get your much deserved BFPs VERY VERY soon (and Butterfly an adopted son or daughter, if that's what you decide).

Love to you all, Axxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - thank you for the information leading to the other thread, I really appreciate it! And thank you so much also for your kind words!

good morning ladies ! and happy monday :wacko: although nessaw and Dwrgi - enjoy your holidays!!!!

hope you all had something nice to do over the weekend?

nothing to report here at all.

Dwrgi - how was cycling with huskies pulling you along?? that sounds fab - I can imagine my two little doggies collapsing in heap if they tried to pull me along on a bike :haha: their little legs are just too tiny!

huge :hugs: and loves to everyone - there are many (not just here but in their journals too) having a particularly hard time right now and so I just want you to know I am thinking of you and willing things get better xxxx

Flutter & others UTD - you give me hope. And hugs to all my other TTCers...i love having a community that listens and really HEARS me!

Good morning ladies...

pretty quiet on here it seems...

Well started spotting last night and still - so :witch: should be here later today... She didn't even give me a chance to test. HOW ARE MY CYCLES GETTING SHORTER??:dohh: If she comes full force today that means this cycle was only 22 days.... and that is with taking the B-Complex that seemed to be making it longer before. Could it be the Royal Jelly I started 2 months ago? I don't know -even last month was shorter.... it is scaring me - as I know the shorter your cycles are the closer you are to menopause. It really sucks. I ovulated on Day 10 this cycle. Now if I ov. on Day 10 this cycle and I get AF today then once again I have tests (other u/s ab/pelvic) that I have to do for my family doc that supposed to do early in the cycle :dohh::dohh:- when I booked thought it would be early in cycle -but now guess what -it will be CD10 again and I'll probably have to cancel since I will probably ov early again! What a friggin pain in the butt.... I stopped the progesterone cream after AM yesterday but probably should have kept going just to delay it more. Sorry for my rant!

I am off work today - but it's gonna be a rotten day anyway.

Hope you ladies have a better day!!!:hugs::hugs:

hugs and kisses to all!:kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs:

Happy Monday to you all!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Firstly, have to say CONGRATS (I think you know to who....)

Dwgi - I am so sorry to read that. So frustrating...just when you/we think we have everything figured out with cycles, then something throws months of charting/recording/testing off? Yikes, its sickening really. I am sorry - hopefully with a little searching you can figure out what is going on...
After i read your post, i had to wonder if that was happening to me too. I thought that my :witch: came 31 days in - however, that seems to be changing too - 3 months of 31, then 2 months of 30, then 28 - so your post really gives me something to think about and watch. Going in on Wednesday, so maybe i will ask.

Daska - many have said it - dreams are just that - dreams!! They are not what is happening, and so very very thankful for that. Hopefully you have mentally recovered from that imagine - i bet it was hard.

As for me - better weekend for me than last - DH and I spent it together and happy!! The only downfall was the drugs....letrozole (sp??)....started the other day and wow - my body did NOT like it:wacko::wacko::wacko:
I spent most of my friday night 'dealing' with the side effects - yikes (some of you may be aware, but for me - lets just say i spent A LOT of time in the washroom)....i am hoping that today at work it doesn't affect me. 2 days left on meds.....:sick::sick:

Oh Dash, that is so annoying. I don't know why your cycles are shorter, I didn't notice a change with Royal Jelly. Could the spotting be old blood from your hysterically? I really hope that SHE doesn't rear her ugly head for you. Could you ring and re-arrange your tests? You defo don't want to have to cancel. Hope you manage to enjoy some of your day. Big hugs to you lovely, A xx:hugs:

Maddy-so glad you get so much support on here. It's a complete life line for me too, Ax:hugs:

Purple, you are so very thoughtful! A true star! Xx

Love to everybody! My temps are still below coastline. Have to test tomorrow, and then when I get the negative, I'll stop taking the prog and oestrogen, and then SHE should arrive. Grrrrr. :growlmad:

Urghh Dwrgi that is frikkin pants chick. I know how you feel, I felt the same with my ED, life is frikkin suckkkkky! Pah to it all I say! Lets go get pished instead!

Sorry... I know not the most constructive of support...

Hey Lils... I would love to dump a whole load of eggs...however am concerned I don't have a load to dump. Registered with my GP at the new place now and had an appt with him. Poured out my whole sorry saga of events... told him I hadn't been pregnant for over a year now and I don't have time to waste! He has had me in today for progesterone and thyroid blood work. Although the nurse took about 8 vials of blood and I had a peek at her screen and they were also doing anti coagulant... I suspect as I told him the list of drugs I need at BFP... if I ever get another one.

So... will see what the results show.. although I have had a big bleed from my arm where they took the bloods... I guess the aspirin is thining that blood! LOL

Hey Dash I am so sorry you had a nightmare. I go through phases of night terrors that are so vivid that they make me shake and cry. Funnily enough my worst ones are always when I am pregnant... Or when I am feeling subconsciously worried and don't want to face it in my waking life. Your brain is working through things whilst you sleep and if it is something you don't want to face it surfaces as a dream, but it will be in images you can associate the emotion you are trying to deal with. There is obviously something that frightens the life out of you bubbling around in your mind. I hope you can recognise and deal with it chick xx

Hey Purps thanks for the news! How are you doing?

Hit sweety you have had a horrible time. I think a counselor is a great idea hun. We are always here xx

Hello everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->