TTC Dieters thread

Congrats Babyhopes ! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months !!! Where abouts are you ? I'm right near the town centre, near tescos.

I have just done 10 minutes of step-aerobics which means I burnt about 100 calories and I plan on doing it a few more times today.

Only thing I have eaten today is one small soft boiled egg with a knob of butter so that's probably about 200 calories.

id eat more than that beesbella hun xxxx
i live in Blankney! :)

Thing is the only things that are in the house are tinned soup and carby things like pasta and bread and I don't fancy soup. I'm not really too hungry tbh.

you need to be careful not eating properly if your ttc hun, that's not enough calories and you'll get yourself run down (not to mention probably fail to lose weight because your body will go into starvation mode - it's true, it happens, i've had it happen to me and i got very, very ill - to the point i passed out and my parents were called to come get me from my university dorms - long time ago anyway :dohh:) you need to think you're preparing your body for the most challenging thing it's ever going to go through... a soft boiled egg with a knob of butter really isn't going to cut it lol

go buy yourself some fruit and veg, make yourself a low cal pasta. Or get some quorn and make yourself a vegetarian meal full of protein!! come on girl, dieting for our bumps!!! :happydance: healthy healthy! x

just finished my hour of kickboxing class, going to do some weights now at home :thumbup: and DH is cooking our last bit of fish this evening with roasted veg and jacket potato :happydance: can't wait. Got one hell of a headache from the class, don't think I drank enough, sweated like a beast though!! :rofl: and can feel my legs shaking already!

weigh in is only 2 sleeps away! eek!! i've really tried this week, i deserve a loss!! fx

I just am not hungry at the moment, I have just forced a big bowl of special K with soya milk down my throat and OH is going out in a bit to get some shopping (if I can get him off of this bloody computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone, yes all four at the same time) so I will get him to pick up some wraps and some veggies and I'll make some fajitas tonight.

I am planning a big roast tomorrow and I always make way too much. I have let myself have sunday as my indulgence day, pancakes for breakfast, roast for lunch and bubble n squeek for tea.....yum....sunday seems to be the only day I am hungry and it was a bad idea for me to learn how to cook yorkshire puddings, I have to sit on my hands to stop me making them every day now, they are without a doubt my favourite.

I just am not hungry at the moment, I have just forced a big bowl of special K with soya milk down my throat and OH is going out in a bit to get some shopping (if I can get him off of this bloody computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone, yes all four at the same time) so I will get him to pick up some wraps and some veggies and I'll make some fajitas tonight.

I am planning a big roast tomorrow and I always make way too much. I have let myself have sunday as my indulgence day, pancakes for breakfast, roast for lunch and bubble n squeek for tea.....yum....sunday seems to be the only day I am hungry and it was a bad idea for me to learn how to cook yorkshire puddings, I have to sit on my hands to stop me making them every day now, they are without a doubt my favourite.

well i'm all for an indulgent day but i just think you need to be careful that you're not getting into a cycle of starving then over-eating because it inevitably just leads to yoyo dieting and also i honestly don't believe that it's healthy when you're ttc.

maybe you could pick yourself up a book on healthy eating for trying to conceive - most ttc books have at least a section on what you need to be eating whilst actively ttc. Are you taking supplements?

Here, thought you might like some vegetarian recipes - these are weight watchers ones so they are low in fat high in protein

Was ProPoints® Value: 8
Now ProPoints® Value: 7
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 60 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Lots of extra vegetables add flavour, fibre and nutritional value to this vegetarian version of a traditional favourite.

Ingredients
900 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, peeled and quartered
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
350 g Quorn Mince
1 large Onion, All Types, chopped finely
1 medium Leek, large, chopped finely
1 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, chopped
225 g Swede, or turnip, chopped
1 cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, vegetable, made up with 425ml water
1 teaspoons Mixed Herbs, Dried (as purchased)
3 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed
1 pinch Salt, to season
1 1/2 teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground), Ground, to season (ground)
Instructions
Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for about 20 minutes, until tender.

Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick saucepan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add the Quorn mince, onion, leek, carrot and swede or turnip and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the stock and herbs, bring to the boil, then simmer without a lid for 20 minutes. Season to taste.

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Drain the potatoes and mash them with the milk and seasoning.

Transfer the Quorn mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato. Bake for 25-30 minutes until thoroughly heated and browned.
Notes
For a variation, make the mash with 450g potatoes and 450g of swede and 1 large carrot - cooking all these vegetables together.

ProPoints® Value: 2
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 40 min

Potatoes are a must-have accompaniment to steak! We have roasted some sweet potatoes for a colour boost.

Ingredients
2 medium Sweet Potato, peeled
10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 teaspoons Rosemary, Dried
1 sprig(s) Rosemary, Fresh, for garnish
Instructions
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.

Cut each potato into 8 wedges lengthwise and place on a non-stick baking tray. Spray with low fat cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Add the dried rosemary and toss well to combine. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender.

Transfer the potato wedges to a serving plate and garnish with the fresh rosemary.
Notes
You could also sprinkle these potatoes with other dried herbs like oregano or thyme, or your favourite spices like cumin or paprika. These wedges are best cooked just before serving to stay crisp. However, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. Try adding some wedges to your favourite salad mix.

ProPoints® Value: 2
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 40 min

Stir some tasty roasted vegetables and pasta shapes together to make a satisfying salad.

Ingredients
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
1 large Onion, All Types, red, cut into wedges
1 medium Pepper, Yellow, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 medium Courgette, thickly sliced
1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, (preferably red), deseeded and finely chopped
2 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh
390 g Artichoke Hearts, Edible Portion, Cooked, in brine, drained
4 individual Tomatoes, Cherry, on the vine
100 g Pasta, White, Dried, shapes
1 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.

Put the olive oil into a large roasting pan and add the onion, pepper, courgette and chilli. Toss to coat in the oil. Season and add the herb sprigs.

Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Stir in the artichokes and place the cherry tomatoes on top. Roast for 5-8 more minutes. Cool whilst the pasta cooks.

Cook the pasta shapes for 10-12 minutes until just tender – they should retain a little 'bite'. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly, then drain thoroughly.

Stir the pasta shapes and lemon juice through the vegetables. Season, then serve.

Thanks for your help. Any TTC books that you can suggest ?

I am taking multivits with iron, B-Complex, Vit C, Folic Acid and AF ---> Ovulation I also take EPO and am gunna start Agnus Castus next cycle if no BFP this cycle.

i've read what to expect before you're expecting when we first started out - it's really informative. And i managed to hunt out zita west's plan to get pregnant 10 steps to maximum fertility at my local waterstone's the other day so half way through reading that! It's got great tips for healthy lifestyle and also covers everything from relationships to womens/mens health, eating, supplements etc. I think it's great, but it is £15 so might be a bit steep if you're short of money at uni.. i'm sure they'd have something in the local library though, there's loads of women on here said they're borrowing from theirs :)

i can search out recipes based on what you have in the fridge for you cos i'm signed up to ww online, so if you ever want me to find you a recipe based on what you already have then just let me know. I don't want to sound like i'm preaching to you, it's just i've been through uni and know how easy it is to concentrate more on losing weight (no matter how you achieve it) than being healthy for ttc so just don't want you to end up ill.

I take sanatogen mother-to-be which has the multivitamin and then fish oils to take with it, it's made my hair grow like mad :happydance: and my nails are much stronger!

:flower:

I usually eat really well, it's just over the past couple of days I've had like no appetite what so ever....who knows, maybe it's a symptom lol.
My mum wrote me a recipe book before I left for uni with stuff like couli couli and pumpkin soup so I'm good for recipes, my mum eats really healthy, she is also trying to lose weight (dunno why though cos she's like over a stone lighter than me and the same height) she is mainly on a soup diet, she makes piles of her own soup !

well soup is really healthy as long as you don't pile cream in it like in the yummy restaurants lol it's more important than ever that you try to get some fruit and veg in you if you think you might be pregnant! Also you won't have the energy to work out if you don't get some food in that tummy! x

You have all put me right off having my Chinese tonight :haha: I feel so guilty now!

I have a 50% off Domino Pizza code....soooo tempting....esp as OH still hasn't gotten off his computer to go out shopping !

You have all put me right off having my Chinese tonight :haha: I feel so guilty now!

lol i was contemplating chinese tonight but DH isn't having any of it after watching me come home dripping in sweat and bright red!! lol he's all "no you've worked so hard, come on, you're on a roll!" :rofl: so we're definitely having fish lol

if you do have chinese then just don't eat alllllllllll the chinese, unless you deserve it as your treat day!! lol when i do get to have mine i'm going to swap my egg fried rice for boiled rice and have a prawn based dish, but i'm fairly sure the points will be on the ww website for me to at least try to figure out what to have that's within my points lol

now you're making me jealous!!!! lol

i'm having a couple of small glasses of wine tonight :happydance: but i've got my entire weekly allowance of points left to have so far if i want them, the new ww is great, i get a daily allowance plus a weekly allowance and then you exercise points allowance too :happydance: i'm trying not to use my weekly points or my exercise points this week so that i have a bigger weight loss. I was rubbish last week lol xx

That the one opposite the uni ? I *LOVE* it there....chocolate fountain ......fatal !!!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->