TTC for Baby #1 - Looking for Buddies

TTC firstbaby: Test!!!

Learninglife: I seriously recommend temping to work out when you´re ovulating and the length of yout lp. Temping only lets you know that you have ovulated once ovulation is done (unlike OPKs which let you know a few days before you ovulate) but when you´ve temped for a few cycles you should start to see a pattern and make sure that your lp is long enough.

I have a 28 days cycle, which at a first glance sounds great BUT through temping I have discovered that I only have a 9-10 day lp which is too short for a pregnancy to be sustained. Next cycle I´m going to start to take supplements which should help.

miss malteser: - Thank you for all the info! It totally helped when you clarified between temping vs opks. I really wanted a :baby: during my 20's - am 29, turn 30 in Oct. and I wish I had many cycles to 'spare' to actually do all this work to figure out patterns and such! :(

What is the optimal lp length?

I'm sorry that your lp turned out short like that. Here's to hoping and praying that supplements will help. I don't know how long lp is but have been taking pre-natal vits. since last Oct. '10.

Wishing you sticky :dust:

Hello Everyone!! My husband and I are also TTC #1 (well he has 2 children from his first marriage) but this will be the first for us. We started trying last month so this is our 2nd month. I dont have high hopes for this month though because DH has pneumonia so we were only able to BD 3xs and not timed very well with pos. OPK. Hoping that here in the next few months we get the BFP. Its nice to find a place where others are feeling the same way I do!!!

A little about me, I am very regular. Periods ranging from 28-30 days. Was on BCPs for 15years. Just came off them in August. Hoping it doesnt take too long. I am very impatient to get pregnant. Dont want a huge age gap with a new baby and my step kids!! Wishing everyone well. :)

bezinga: Can't remember if I'd already mentioned someplace that today is my CD31 and AF might, but hopefully not, happen at any minute!!!

One more ques. - does temping work if I'm not really awake/get out of bed same time, daily?

:crib:

bezinga: Can't remember if I'd already mentioned someplace that today is my CD31 and AF might, but hopefully not, happen at any minute!!!

One more ques. - does temping work if I'm not really awake/get out of bed same time, daily?

LearningLife - Check your inbox!!! and miss malteser is right.. temping and OPKs should definitely pin point when you ovulate and the length of your LP.

miss mateser - fxd that the supplements are working. I am actually going to start taking folic acid soon. I have a weird daily schedule and long hours at work although I do work from home.. So I want to start taking a multivitamin as well. Hopefully none of us will have to chart for any longer :)

jewelsbaby81 - welcome to the thread!! how is your cycle been after you came off BC? you are so lucky to have a regular cycle. mine goes crazy every few months. i'd say 28-30 days. but the slightest change in my routine changes it drastically. stress, eating habits, work etc etc. last month i had a 37 day cycle. before that 28 and before that 26. granted all 3 months have been extremely up and down.. but i would still like a regular cycle :shrug:

ladies i've been totally exhausted today. almost fell asleep at 6 pm AGAIN, but trying to stay up till 10 so that i can sleep through the night. mild cramps all last night in my right lower abdominal, nothing anymore though. my eyes are killing me, but just another hour to go. also got my HPTs that i ordered. i had to try one out so i did and it was :bfn: either way wasn't expecting a +, so not too concerned!! i got so excited when i got the package, DH thought it was an early x'mas gift. hahahaha... i was doing a little dance and jig. he officially thinks i'm crazy :happydance:

LearningLife - Check your inbox!!! and miss malteser is right.. temping and OPKs should definitely pin point when you ovulate and the length of your LP.

miss mateser - fxd that the supplements are working. I am actually going to start taking folic acid soon. I have a weird daily schedule and long hours at work although I do work from home.. So I want to start taking a multivitamin as well. Hopefully none of us will have to chart for any longer :)

jewelsbaby81 - welcome to the thread!! how is your cycle been after you came off BC? you are so lucky to have a regular cycle. mine goes crazy every few months. i'd say 28-30 days. but the slightest change in my routine changes it drastically. stress, eating habits, work etc etc. last month i had a 37 day cycle. before that 28 and before that 26. granted all 3 months have been extremely up and down.. but i would still like a regular cycle :shrug:

ladies i've been totally exhausted today. almost fell asleep at 6 pm AGAIN, but trying to stay up till 10 so that i can sleep through the night. mild cramps all last night in my right lower abdominal, nothing anymore though. my eyes are killing me, but just another hour to go. also got my HPTs that i ordered. i had to try one out so i did and it was :bfn: either way wasn't expecting a +, so not too concerned!! i got so excited when i got the package, DH thought it was an early x'mas gift. hahahaha... i was doing a little dance and jig. he officially thinks i'm crazy :happydance:

bezinga: Thanks so much for your very informative answers to my lengthy questions! Quick response as it's already 1:45am and going to bed after packing for out-of-state in-law Christmas week. I've finally bought OPK strips, and pg. test strips from Amazon. However, they only arrive 12/28 so I'll be anxious to test next week, since I was really supposed to test this week!

Good news, I have passed days 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and now am on CD 33 without AF. Praying that we have our little miracle!

Signing off for now. Hope to check the thread once more before we are on our way.

Sweet dreams!

PS: I'm on the East Coast - Boston, MA :)

Hi Ladies,

Can i be your buddy too!!
This is my 5th Cycle TCC and I would love to join you as this is really a journey where support is needed :winkwink:
I am CD15 and I have got a a few :sex: this week and shall be up for some more :sex: tonight I ovulate tommorow. Best to cover all basis lol!
I have had some stange spider vains come up on mt breast 2 days after AF(never had this before) started they are itchy when I go into the shower and seem to inflame due to heat, then 4 days later got some more on the other breast. I did some research they can happen in pregnancy and hormone shifts. I have not tested as I was sure it was my period. Anyway I need to get all the BD in for this cycle because my body has played tricks on me before.
I will keep you all posted

:dust:

Hi Ladies,

This is my 5th Cycle TCC and I would love to join you as this is really a journey where support is needed :winkwink:
I am CD15 and I have got a a few :sex: this week and shall be up for some more :sex: tonight I ovulate tommorow. Best to cover all basis lol!
I have had some stange spider vains come up on mt breast 2 days after AF(never had this before) started they are itchy when I go into the shower and seem to inflame due to heat, then 4 days later got some more on the other breast. I did some research they can happen in pregnancy and hormone shifts. I have not tested as I was sure it was my period. Anyway I need to get all the BD in for this cycle because my body has played tricks on me before.

Hi Lotus Womb! Welcome to our thread!!! lol go BD as much as you can girl :happydance: I said the same thing to myself when i was ovulating - "why not cover all the basis so i leave nothing to chance" l am hoping it worked!!!!

Hi ladies,

learningLife: In order to temp correctly you have to test as soon as you wake up at more or less the same time each day. I think the time can differ by 30 mins either way. You also have to have had at least 3 hours solid sleep. The ideal lp is 14 days but anything above 10 is meant to be ok.

I´ll be flying back to the UK for Christmas tomorrow and won´t be able to get on bnb until the 30th as my family have no idea we´re TTC (although since we got married I´m pretty sure they´ve been expecting it!) and I don´t want them to catch me on here!

I´m 6dpo today but definitely not expecting a BFP this time round because AF is due on Christmas Day which would only give me a 9 day lp.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas (and by the looks of things there may be a couple of BFPs!!!) and I can´t wait for the rest of you to test early in the new year.

Here´s to some 2012 babies

Hiya,

Very exciting time for everyone. Can i jump on this train too? I'm new to forums and slang so excuse the language. Me and my lovely fiance are ttc #1, came off bc in march, had some cycle problems but its sorted itself out now thank god. First 'offical' attempt at trying at the start of dec but af came on sunday and giving me grief big time! High fertility time next week leading up to new year, can't wait!!

PS How do you get all that pretty charts/timelines on your posts? :)

Hiya,

Very exciting time for everyone. Can i jump on this train too? I'm new to forums and slang so excuse the language. Me and my lovely fiance are ttc #1, came off bc in march, had some cycle problems but its sorted itself out now thank god. First 'offical' attempt at trying at the start of dec but af came on sunday and giving me grief big time! High fertility time next week leading up to new year, can't wait!!

PS How do you get all that pretty charts/timelines on your posts? :)

welcome wantotbemum!!

hmmm... how is everyone doing today? it's really cold here and the weather makes things a drag. x'mas in 4 days so that's something to look forward too. i finally went to sleep at a decent time last night and woke up at a 7 am. my temp has been at 36.15 C for the last few days. Sounds pretty low. hmmm.. counting down and going totally nutso!!!!!!

link below for you ladies!! enjoy!!!

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/dpo-chart.php?dpo=3

miss malteser: Have a safe, fun, blessed Christmas and New Year!

Thanks for the describing how to temp correctly. It may not really work for me since I don't really wake up at the same time every day. Might try it still...

Can't wait to hear about the BFPs :)

:flower:

Hi ladies,

learningLife: In order to temp correctly you have to test as soon as you wake up at more or less the same time each day. I think the time can differ by 30 mins either way. You also have to have had at least 3 hours solid sleep. The ideal lp is 14 days but anything above 10 is meant to be ok.

I´ll be flying back to the UK for Christmas tomorrow and won´t be able to get on bnb until the 30th as my family have no idea we´re TTC (although since we got married I´m pretty sure they´ve been expecting it!) and I don´t want them to catch me on here!

I´m 6dpo today but definitely not expecting a BFP this time round because AF is due on Christmas Day which would only give me a 9 day lp.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas (and by the looks of things there may be a couple of BFPs!!!) and I can´t wait for the rest of you to test early in the new year.

Here´s to some 2012 babies

For all my new friends. I've officially entered CD34 without AF. However, I'm having very sore boobies & the type of CM, (the only CM I've ever taken note of), that occurs just prior to AF (it's always like an announcement) so not sure what will happen in the next three days of my 25-37 day(s) cycle! According to my "irregular" count, AF should (but hope not) happen BY Christmas day.

I can tell I'm going to be pretty bummed out if AF gets me :( On the other hand, if it does show up, I'll be annoyed at how irregular my cycles continue to be...I mean, really, why do our bodies have to be so wacko?! :wacko:

Received statement from Amazon saying my OPK & pg. test strips order will actually get home by 12/23...darn because now we are out-of-state so will have to wait till next week to :test: ! It may be a good thing since AF may yet make an appearance...

sorry I've been ranting abt. myself so much. I also extend a welcome to all who just joined our conversation. Wishing you all GOOD news, hope, endurance, rest when you are tired, and lots of baby :dust:

Hello ladies,

So, today is 7dpo and my sore nipples are starting to be less sensitive than they have been since 1dpo, is this a bad sign?

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1322719200z7z28z14.png

Hi Ladies,

Hi Lotus Womb! Welcome to our thread!!! lol go BD as much as you can girl :happydance: I said the same thing to myself when i was ovulating - "why not cover all the basis so i leave nothing to chance" l am hoping it worked!!!!

Thanks Bezinga I have everthing crossed this cycle and so glad to connect with you and other ladies on the TCC journey. Lets jope the BFP come rolling in.

Hey girls! I've been on this site since October but have been over in the group TTCAL. I figured i'd venture out and come over here too! I've been TTC since April. I fell pregnant July and lost it shortly after. I've been TTC ever since!! Looking for some new buddies to help this process!

Welcome babydust818 - Always here to help and support in anyway that we can

Lotus Womb - It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy paranoid person in the world when it comes to pregnancy/

LearningLife - I have the CM!!! I was out today and felt like I started my period.. But it was lots and lots of CM. Not really egg whitish, but not too creamy and still stretchy (sorry for TMI). For a minute I thought early visit from AF but was relieved to see that it wasnt. Still feels weird though. Haven't had this much CM even during ovulation...

In addition to the CM i have had cramps which are now gone and I feel exhausted. I am hoping it's not the holiday season stress. But I just feel like i'm so sleepy even after a full night's rest. I went into the office today and didn't feel right all day. Working from home tomorrow because I just need to be able to lie in bed and get everything done :( feeling absolutely horrid physically..

welcome babydust1818!

babyfeva!! I thought I included this but that's how gone i am :wacko:

Don't worry about your bbs.. Apparently symptoms vary.. Did you check out the link I posted yesterday? You might find it useful :)

I attached it below again in case you missed it :hugs:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/dpo-chart.php?dpo=3

Thanks Bezinga, I was all over that website. I'm becoming obsessed! I can't believe tomorrow is already 8dpo. FX'd for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->