TTCAL January BFP wannabees Thread!!! **3 BFPS's!!***

So I had my prenatal visit today. Right away my Dr. told me that they found something in the Ultrasound. She told me that she wished that she didn't have to tell me as she does not think that it will be a problem but she though I should know anyways. So they found an echogenic focus on the left ventricle of my babies heart. Basically it is a bright spot seen on the scan and is a calcium composite. It causes no health problems and no heart problems but....it "can" be a soft marker for Downs. :cry: She told me that since its in the left ventricle and not the right that it is really nothing at all and like she said she wishes she didn't even have to worry me about it. So I researched it and the marker on its own does not usually cause any problems. I have gone through the posts on B&B and so far everyone that was told they have this have gone on to deliver healthy babies with no problems. But i still cant seen to feel 100% okay about this. So here I am in shock and don't know how to feel exactly. One moment i get tears and the next moment and I feel strong and full of faith. Anyways though I would share so I could have a little support. Just want my baby to be okay...

OH nite im so sorry you are struggling right now...........i wuld be just as upset.......prayers that everything is fine with baby!

Nite-the midwife told me that its very common for these "markers" to be found in u/s because they are so much further advanced than they used to be. She warned me that its very likely that they will report back with a positive marker but not to worry. What they are looking for are a few to several for any real indication of a problem. So if the nasal, leg length, heart spot and cerebral come back than there may be problems but with one marker not to even give it a second thought. So put your mind at ease and know your little girl is perfectly fine and healthy. This is todays problem with advanced technology.

She also said that the heart spots are the most common to come back positive.
I hope that helps hun! Try not to worry and just enjoy (i know easier said than done).

Thank you so much, this does help. Im sure the shock will wear off and I will think logically again soon. Otherwise this will be a very long 4 months...

She also said that the heart spots are the most common to come back positive.
I hope that helps hun! Try not to worry and just enjoy (i know easier said than done).

:hugs: Nite. From what you and Ready have said, it seems that your lil girl will be perfectly fine. I hope you don't stress too much and that the information has reassured you. Beautiful bump too!

Ready, yay for team pink! Soo exciting! :)

Lomelly, you are not huge, you have a gorgeous bump! I carried Holly so low, my tummy still sags now, and she's nearly 2 :haha: My bump was a LOT lower than yours though, yours is a lovely shape!

KM, I hope everything is ok with bubs. How scary :hugs:

Mammas, hope the MS eases off soon :hugs: Great scan pic too, I guess girl!

AFM, I am back in Scotland now and am a lot happier. Things are still sketchy between DH and I, but time will tell. I have some good friends here, so thats good. Here is Holly enjoying the beach :)

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/484084_513239832035212_1958016727_n.jpg

Omg SAP, how cute is she? I'm glad you're doing better and hopefully things with Dh will resolve themselves. Life is easier when you have good support around you so I'm glad you have your friends there.

Ok so be forewarned that a rant is coming. Dh and I have been having issues since we got married as far as his need to drink and or go out with his buddies. We were both very social but when we started ttc my desire to go out with friends or have friends over for dinner lessened. Keep in mind my son was with his father on these occasions that we went out it wasn't me neglecting him or anything. Anyways when we got pg with this baby I felt that he needed to reel in this attitude that he had to be around people drinking. It's been a battle over the past few months between us. He has been making an effort but probably only because I've made such a point out of it. We decided that he would have a night a wk as would I to do something with friends or on our own and the other would stay at home with my son. So I haven't taken advantage of my night too much as I was sick and I'm too tired. Hes pretty consistent with his. So last night he met up with his friend and got stupid drunk and came home late after I asked him not to. I just don't understand the mentality. He acts Like a kid sometimes and it really passes me off. Someone please tell me I'm not overreacting.

Sap: what a precious little girl you have. She has such a beautiful smile. I am also glad you are around friends who support you. It will get better. :hugs:

Ready: I don't think you are overreacting, I think that as a woman who his pregnant with his baby you are wanting to see him clean up a little because you know the demands of having a little one. You want him to understand some boundaries. Keep at it honey, I think this stuff happens in most marriages in some form or another. We are supposed to help each other grow up and out of things throughout life :hugs:

AFM: I talked to quite a few people yesterday and I woke up this morning full of hope that everything is going to be okay.

nite, I am sure there is nothing to worry about, but not worrying is hard.. I also heard that there is nothing wrong with one or two soft markers, it's several that ring a bell. my friend (the smoker one who drives me a bit crazy) had one soft marker for downs (fluid patches in brain) and everything is fine for her and baby. chin up doll :flower:

ready, it sounds like your DH needs to lay off the nights out and do a bit of growing.. a night out every now and then is fine, just in moderation.. I hope you two can come to an arrangement that will make both of you happy

sap, my god, she is too cute. looks like someone was having a good time!! perhaps it's a matter of spending more time with DH and getting to know each other all over again. it will work out :)

mammas, are you having a gender scan??

Hi girls!

Ms has finally left the building.....sheesh about time!
Well for the most part anyway

Yes im having a gender scan...........its on september 18th....so far away

Nite im glad ur feeling better about the situation.......im sure everything is fine

Thank you guys for all the support. Ya, the more that I researched it the more i realized it was nothing. Sure did scare the crap out of me the day that I heard about it though. I am choosing to ignore that it is even there. Whatever the outcome is is not up to me anyway so not going to stress. :thumbup:

So tomorrow we leave for 2 week RV (rented) trip to Canada for two family reunions on my Dh's side. Should be interesting to say the least. We are going to be driving around some of Alberta and B.C. If I find internet I will definitely try to check in.

Mamma: So happy that your morning sickness went away. What a drag it was. Cant wait till your gender scan. :happydance:

happy birthday nite!! have fun on your RV trip in Canada, watch out for the crazy canadians :haha:

mammas, it's about time indeed!! now stay away MS!!!

ready, you're a cantaloupe!!! holy crap is time flying or what!??

Lomelly-I look like I swallowed a cantaloupe! lol I can feel this little girl on a regular basis which I love. Saturday DH and I laid on the bed for about an hour just feeling her shake her booty and kick around. This stage to about 36 weeks I love...then comes the last month. Ahhhhhh!!! You are almost to the last month Lomelly!!! How crazy is that? In less than 2 months you will be holding your baby boy in your arms.

I really do think that this forum has been a lifesaver for me as far as having you girls to chat with, get support from and just make the time zip by. Thank you for that!

One question-in what world is a cantaloupe smaller than a banana? haha

awe so precious!!! i can't wait to find out what I'm having!!! SERIOUSLY i just wanna schedule a private scan!!! sept 18th is so far away!

Ready, I guess these ticker makers just don't know their fruits :haha: lovely scan pic! So cute! Although it's kinda painful sometimes I also love having an active baby.. Isn't it nice when you both can just feel her moving around in there? I'm definitely dreading the last month.... I'm also dreading really stupid things, like what if I drop him??? Lol I'm totally not even joking I keep getting the idea that omg what if I drop him I've never held a new born or really any baby before for that matter....
Btw ready, bump pic??? I want to see this swallowed cantaloupe :)

Mammas, patience is too hard to have!!! Does it cost you a lot to have a private scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->