TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

OMG I AM a bad Mummy!
Just took Joss to the doc to check out if had UTI as has started wetting which has never done before and turns out she has a temperature, sore throat, swollen glands etc.

Blue - good to hear things improving

Try - sounds like you need a vacation!

Try, my goodness, you really have been busy. I hope you getting down time at home.soon!

Chilli, don't beat yourself up, unless your little girl was complaining that she didn't feel well how could you know? My sister usually thinks a tantrum is just a tantrum too before the sickness symptoms really become obvious.

Cla, hope everything is okay.

:hi: Neffie and Blue!

Blue, yessss so excited for your appointment in 2 weeks!

Chilli, you are not a bad mom! Sometimes hissy fits are hissy fits and sometimes its the start of an illness! :)

Blue - Glad to hear that you're feeling better! And yay for moving into 2nd tri! :thumbup:

Chilli - Sorry to hear about the pain. Hope the medications help ease it! And please don't say that you're a bad mom. Those are just your hormones talking. :winkwink: And yes, post a bump pic when you have a chance. You know how we love looking at pics. :winkwink:

Tiger - That was sweet of OH to help with the cleaning. I've heard great things about the pregnancy belt. Will plan on getting one later on. I did buy some belly bands though, as I believe I'll be using them within the next couple of weeks.

Try - WOW, another vacation coming up for you! That's awesome! Yes, using the doppler has been great. And it's nice to have OH keep me in check, because sometimes I tend to try to waver from our set schedule. :winkwink:

The fatigue has been better for almost a week now (knock on wood). I've started swimming again, which has been great. I got the NT scan results back, and it's negative with an extremely low risk which was great! Also, we went and looked at strollers, and have narrowed down our selection to a few. That should help when time comes to actually purchase it. Next appointment is on August 12. No scan...just a visit with the doc for some tests, and they will use the doppler.

Hey Neffie great that the NT results were low. Not long till you join me in 2nd tri, although I think 2nd tri starts about 13 weeks over here anyway.

:hi: everyone else hope you all have a good day x

Awesome news about your results Neffie!!

I didn't get any paper forms of the results back, I had to ask my high risk doctor and they just said everything was negative, no percentage given.

I keep peeking into second tri since 12 weeks but didn't offically go over until 14 weeks, but thats the worry wart in me! :lol:

I have had the most horrific charlie horse in my leg at 330am this morning!! I jumped up out of sleep, grabbed my yelling yelling "Owww!"...."Holy Crap...Owwwww!".....DH woke up asking whats wrong and then realized it was my leg, lol. I had them alot with DD once I started getting so big! Here we go again :(
It really hurts. It went away and came back 4x within that 15 minute time frame! I had a hard time falling back to sleep because I was afraid to move my leg too quickly and it happen again. Needless to say my alarm for work went off at 430am and I just got up....blah......I am very sleepy! :sleep:

Well, here I am, at work. Talk to you all soon!

Oh Try bless you hun and you have to get up so flippin early. you take care of yourself!

Oooh Try whatever that was it sounds horrible - do you mean a cramp? I got them really badly last time round but so far not so bad this time - just occasionally in my calf. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight to make up for it.

Great news on those tests eh? But great to hear of moving into 2nd tri - things get a bit easier for a while

Thanks Chilli and Blue! :kiss:

Chilli, its a strong cramp in my calves or on the arch of my feet. It gets real hard, real tight and throbs. I hate it! I kept rubbing. it and screaming of pain, and the pain of. it has been lingering all day! It doesn't help that I'm on my feet most of the day. Looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight!

I slept with a heating pad wrapped around my calf all night and it didn't help the cramp go away! :wacko: The internet says to do everything I have already been doing! I layed on one spot last night to try not to pull the cramp tight again. I'm so tired! :sleep:

I woke up to pee in the middle of the night and my little guy (left side baby) was pushing his body outwards right under my ribs!!! Wow, was he up high! Is that normal!??

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Oh Try, I think drinking tonic water is ment to be good for cramps!

Yes I think being under your ribs would be normal. My mum mentioned thats what I used to do and it was very uncomfortable.

Im ok, had a pain in my left side this morning like a dull ache. I guess its just everything stretching. Im feeling much better with the sickness but it creeps up in the evenings and I get a rank taste in my mouth.

Oh Try - sounds like things are starting to get a bit tougher for us now! My mantra is : it'll be worth it, it'll be worth it!

Blue - I know that taste! It's woken me up a couple of times - eugh! Not sure if there's anything you can do about it.

And I'm trying to just work through the increasing pain I'm getting cos the way I figure it's only going to get worse so better make the most of things now - makes me realise (if I hadn't already) what a breeze it was with Joss. But yesterday MW let me listen to the heart and I cried again (I still do everytime) I just can't quite believe that all is well. I have scan next week to keep a DVD of - lets hope my baby doesn't pick it's nose like my friends little boy!

Yeah chilli, nothing takes the strange taste away!

How exciting that u will see your LO next week and thats lovely u will get a DVD!

I keep saying it will all be worth it and im only 1/3 of the way through! lol.

When are we going yo see some bumPs xxx

It'll be worth it, It'll be worth it!

I have still had this lingering leg cramp for days now! It feels like the calf muscle is extremely bruised and still hurts to the touch!

So awesome, Chilli, a dvd!!!! I amexcited for you to have baby to know what you are having!

Cla :hugs:

Blue and Neffie :hi: Girls!

Chilli, I'll have to make some time tonight or over the weekend to finally post my bump pics and my scan pics! I'm very happy you are happy for us! We will always keep your seat warm! Now, lets help you get comfy in that seat! xoxo

Neffie, A LEMON!!! Wooohooo Baby! :dance: I love seeing us all change fruits!

I'm a banana today! Well, Ok, two banana's!!!! :happydance:

Ok, so here is something cute! After feeling alot of pain in my right side last night and this morning, I decided to check the babies out via doppler (which I do every so often anyhow). anywho, everywhere I put the doppler wand, one of them kicked it! :rofl: I started smiling and laughing and had tears in my eyes! How cute!?.....Both sides I put it, I felt a thump and hear a loud kick basically saying "get this out of here!"......Awww I thought it was so cute!

Ok, girls.....I'm just starting my work day! I will hop on throughout the day to see how everyone is!

xo

Try - I hope your leg pain is better. Have you been to the docs to have it checked out? Yay for 2 bananas! :)

Blue - Glad to hear your sickness is getting better. Hope that nasty taste goes away soon.

Chilli - Sorry to hear you're feeling uncomfortable, but glad to hear that the LO is doing well. Good luck on your upcoming scan!

:hi: Tiger & Cla.

It was doppler day for us yesterday. :kiss: I keep trying to convince OH to change the schedule, i.e. shorten the days between each session, but he's stuck to his guns so far, bless his heart! :haha: In other news, I've been having these sensations in my tummy from time to time. It feels like it could be the baby's movements, but not sure if you can feel it this early.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I spoke too soon about the sickness, spent all day in bed yesterday :( feeling better today thou!

Neffie I keep getting odd sensations, feels like pinching. Its weird could it be baby or is it just streching???

Bless those little bannana's Try they sound very active!

Hey everyone else, hope u r all having good weekends x

Try - I hope your leg pain is better. Have you been to the docs to have it checked out? Yay for 2 bananas! :)

Blue - Glad to hear your sickness is getting better. Hope that nasty taste goes away soon.

Chilli - Sorry to hear you're feeling uncomfortable, but glad to hear that the LO is doing well. Good luck on your upcoming scan!

:hi: Tiger & Cla.

It was doppler day for us yesterday. :kiss: I keep trying to convince OH to change the schedule, i.e. shorten the days between each session, but he's stuck to his guns so far, bless his heart! :haha: In other news, I've been having these sensations in my tummy from time to time. It feels like it could be the baby's movements, but not sure if you can feel it this early.

Have a great weekend everyone!

How often do you listen to baby again? Every other day? Isn't the most awesome thing ever to hear their heartbeat between appointments to put our worried minds at ease!? I wonder if that is baby moving for you Neffie! :cloud9: I have seen people report them that early!

I am excited to have 2 banana's! Yay!
I have a check up at my regular doctor's office this Friday, I plan to ask lots of questions:
#1. Leg pain and foot pain
#2. About possibly cutting my hours back soon a little bit to see if that helps me
#3. When bedrest may occur for me (they suggest at 24-28 weeks :shock:)
#4. I need them to fill out my FMLA papers for work (medical leave papers 6-12 weeks you get off when having a baby....not enough, but I am staying home anyway)
You are almost an Orange!!!

I spoke too soon about the sickness, spent all day in bed yesterday :( feeling better today thou!

Neffie I keep getting odd sensations, feels like pinching. Its weird could it be baby or is it just streching???

Bless those little bannana's Try they sound very active!

Hey everyone else, hope u r all having good weekends x

:hugs: Sorry you weren't feeling well Blue! Those bouts of nausea seem to always come and go! :sick:

I wonder if the pains you and Neffie are both feeling are/is the baby AND the stretching!

The babies seem more active in ultrasound, I feel them on occassion. My DD got to feel her little sissy kick/punch for the first time last night! Her eyes lit up!!! Now she is obsessed! :lol:

I am hoping their movements get strongder now! I am growing impatient! :lol:

I had a super busy weekend. I visited my sister for the day on Saturday (4 hour drive there and 4 hours back in one day), and went for a ride in the woods with DH and DD yesterday where we got stuck for a hour but everything turned out OK!

Tired but busy day ahead! Lots to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->