TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Tiger - Just wanted to pop in and comment about the nose thing...our little guy's nose comes out HUGE on the scan (OK slight exaggeration but it doesn't look like a typical button baby nose). I have a fairly small upturnedish nose and OH does have a big nose but it was small until puberty. At first I was sort of nervous because while I don't care personally I didn't want the world to be mean or judge my little baby already but I've heard that noses come out bigger on the U/S than in real life - Anyways I wouldn't sweat it - she looks beautiful!

Chilli - I've only been to Miami once but I loved having a drink at the Delano Hotel - of course being pregnant that might not be possible but you could have a virgin cocktail. Good luck with your GD test - interesting because my babe's tummy was in the 90% at 22 weeks but nobody mentioned it was a problem - I hope you don't have it!

Neffie - I know you love D-day! :winkwink:

Try - your shower will be so fun times 2! Plus you get girl and boy stuff - how fun.

I haven't been commenting much but I do check in and read - glad everything is going well for everyone!

Interesting about noses on scans in the US!
Our son's nose was really big on the 13 weeks scan but at the 20 week scan, it looked A-Ok! :lol:

I am excited to see you here Grandbleu! How are you?! Hows baby boy!?.....30 weeks....wow!

I am excited for my shower! :happydance:

Try I dont think I can make the shower on the 10th :haha:

:lol: awww really?.......:haha:

Ooh baby shower - we don't really have those here but I'm always up for a party!

Neffie - Thanks for the advice - that's kinda what I had concluded re Miami - 5 days at SObe!!!! Hee hee and by then willl have squealing infant to cope with - typical me.. go to one of the most body conscious places in the world 3 months after giving birth! Ha ha!!!! How did the doppler go? You're so disciplined, are you sure you don't sneak off when OH is out?

Can't wait for those Sept scans!!!!

I'm not even sure they'll test for GD yet - am seeing MW on Monday, but I think I might insist as I'm getting very anxious now.

Anyway better get my gorgeous little girl to bed - she read me a story earlier and I fell asleep - that's role reversal for you

:rofl:

Thats hysterical!

Hey ladies, question for you all.

I went for my monthly check up with my obgyn/midwife and even though I am carrying two and steadily measuring 4 weeks ahead as I should, I have gained a total of 17 lbs this entire pregnancy, 8 of it being this past 4 weeks!!!! They said its fine due to my specific pregnancy, but to try and make sure not to hit the 10 lbs a month mark. My bmi when pregnancy started was already just into the beginning of the overweight category and they made sure they let me know that. I was told to expect to gain 31-50lbs with my twin pregnancy, and I still have 4 months.....I am so worried I'll gain too much nd they'll make me feel horrible about it!

Question is:

How much have you gained so far and is that acceptable for your OBGYN/Midwife?

Thanks Grand about the nose thing, I do worry about my little girl getting picked on if she ended up with a big nose but you have made me feel better! How are you feeling? How's baby?

Try, I'm a big girl to begin with and my last apt I had gained a total of 30lbs. Of course I was told I should only gain 25lbs total and I still have two months to go so yeah, I know how you feel about the weight gain thing. I'm really hoping that I'll get some energy and motivation back after the baby comes and start walking/jogging before my maternity leave it up. But for you and having twins, it's going to be more for sure, there's two babies, two placentas, two sacs filled with amniotic fluid......that's a lot of stuff going on it there!
I'm having my baby shower August 27th and I still need to work on my invites!

Chilli, I hope you can post those 3D pics!!!! I'm surprised your MD/ob hasn't done your GD test yet.

Neffie and Blue, how'd the doppler thing go? I love hearing the HB!

Hey hey hey LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

welp back from vacation two weeks ago and had a fab two weeks,,, wish it never ended but it had too.........

dam look at all the fruits-veggies............ you all are blazing right along wonderfuly and just so happy to see everyone is doing so good!! LOVE THE NOSE PHOTO Tiger-- sooooo cute :)

Neffie yeah I got a BFN on July 15th- I was pretty upset for a few minutes in the morning- just hormones I guess but then I went from sad to EXTREMELY happy

all because this lil beauty of a baby showed up on the same day...

MY NIECE/GOD DAUGHTER- introducing- Giavonna Lynn (Gia)- 8 pounds-21 inches-July 15th @ 8:41pm

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223882_2257379001069_1446205417_32623113_3128896_n.jpg

Me holding her
https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216608_2258391986393_1446205417_32624682_5936479_n.jpg

my hubby holding her

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248439_2258392106396_1446205417_32624683_6101524_n.jpg

she is such a doll and LOTS n LOTS n LOTS of hair...

Try- did I see you mention something about me O'ing about now... DAM what do you live inside my body.... LOL yuppers you are RIGHT ON TARGET.... sooo we'll give it one more shot and after that all done for some time....

we are in the process of purchasing a second home---- vacation home--- in PA.... no not by Try :( much futher north.. Lake Wallenpaupack..... we go tomorrow to look at 5 cottages/chalet homes.............fingers crossed we find the ONE

sooo I gotta get ready for a house warming party around the corner.. UGH and then it's off to church..................

I will catch you all in a few days...

BTW- I am on FB.. if anyone is interested in becoming friends.. IM me your email addy and I will look ya up..... :) if not I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!!!!

have a great weekend everyone

MUCH LOVE

Try - cant really answer on the weight thing, cos of bein sick I have lost weight. Im sure now im feeling better I will start to pile it on. Im only 5ft1 so I cant afford to put on 2 much or I will be rolling down the street.

Chill - I see the midwife in monday so will get to hear HB then.

Kels - awwwwww Gia is lovely, soooooooooo gorgeous. Glad you had a great hols. And how exciting that you are getting a holiday home!

Im not on Face book, I think I must be one of the only people who isnt.

Thanks Grand about the nose thing, I do worry about my little girl getting picked on if she ended up with a big nose but you have made me feel better! How are you feeling? How's baby?

Try, I'm a big girl to begin with and my last apt I had gained a total of 30lbs. Of course I was told I should only gain 25lbs total and I still have two months to go so yeah, I know how you feel about the weight gain thing. I'm really hoping that I'll get some energy and motivation back after the baby comes and start walking/jogging before my maternity leave it up. But for you and having twins, it's going to be more for sure, there's two babies, two placentas, two sacs filled with amniotic fluid......that's a lot of stuff going on it there!
I'm having my baby shower August 27th and I still need to work on my invites!

Chilli, I hope you can post those 3D pics!!!! I'm surprised your MD/ob hasn't done your GD test yet.

Neffie and Blue, how'd the doppler thing go? I love hearing the HB!

I keep telling myself the weight gain isn't such a big deal as long as I am pretty healthy for the most part (I do snack don't get me wrong), but they just make you feel so bad if you gain more than their textbook norm.

Oh well, as long as our babies are healthy we should be happy regardless! I am hoping to breastfeed after (hoping....fingers crossed!).....and I hear that helps shed some weight as well!

Wow your shower is right around the corner!!!! :dance: I just got my invites back and will send them out this week!

Have you done a registry?

Hey hey hey LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

welp back from vacation two weeks ago and had a fab two weeks,,, wish it never ended but it had too.........

dam look at all the fruits-veggies............ you all are blazing right along wonderfuly and just so happy to see everyone is doing so good!! LOVE THE NOSE PHOTO Tiger-- sooooo cute :)

Neffie yeah I got a BFN on July 15th- I was pretty upset for a few minutes in the morning- just hormones I guess but then I went from sad to EXTREMELY happy

all because this lil beauty of a baby showed up on the same day...

MY NIECE/GOD DAUGHTER- introducing- Giavonna Lynn (Gia)- 8 pounds-21 inches-July 15th @ 8:41pm

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223882_2257379001069_1446205417_32623113_3128896_n.jpg

Me holding her
https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216608_2258391986393_1446205417_32624682_5936479_n.jpg

my hubby holding her

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248439_2258392106396_1446205417_32624683_6101524_n.jpg

she is such a doll and LOTS n LOTS n LOTS of hair...

Try- did I see you mention something about me O'ing about now... DAM what do you live inside my body.... LOL yuppers you are RIGHT ON TARGET.... sooo we'll give it one more shot and after that all done for some time....

we are in the process of purchasing a second home---- vacation home--- in PA.... no not by Try :( much futher north.. Lake Wallenpaupack..... we go tomorrow to look at 5 cottages/chalet homes.............fingers crossed we find the ONE

sooo I gotta get ready for a house warming party around the corner.. UGH and then it's off to church..................

I will catch you all in a few days...

BTW- I am on FB.. if anyone is interested in becoming friends.. IM me your email addy and I will look ya up..... :) if not I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!!!!

have a great weekend everyone

MUCH LOVE

I was figuring as you started to become more regular this year I was keeping a mental chart of you! :winkwink: Always here for you babe!

Lake Wallenpaupack???? My husband and my in-laws take their boats fishing there! We are originaly from the Pocono's. Hysterical that I know where that is! Are you looking for a house right on the lake?

Your goddaughter is beautiful! Wow, get a load of the HAIR!!!! :0)
You and hubby look great yourselves! Nice tan! :winkwink:

:kiss: and :hugs:

Try - cant really answer on the weight thing, cos of bein sick I have lost weight. Im sure now im feeling better I will start to pile it on. Im only 5ft1 so I cant afford to put on 2 much or I will be rolling down the street.

Chill - I see the midwife in monday so will get to hear HB then.

Kels - awwwwww Gia is lovely, soooooooooo gorgeous. Glad you had a great hols. And how exciting that you are getting a holiday home!

Im not on Face book, I think I must be one of the only people who isnt.

:rofl:

Hello :hi:

Just back from the midwife, heard LO hb, It was quite fast 160-165 (apparently mine is fast too so thats why) Oh that was such a relief.

Although I totally forgot to ask to be weighed and didnt mention about some of the stretching pains I have had.

How is everyone?

Kels - she is beautiful!!!!! And you look radiant too - must have been the hols!

Try - I have no idea how much I've gained, just know that I've got 2 months to go and even maternity clothes are starting to feel a bit tight. I brought it up with my MW who didn't seem bothered at all.

Blue - good luck for today - I hope you get a big strong boom boom boom!

Hi to everyone I've missed

AFM- MW appt later at which I want to demand a GD test as from what I can tell I have lots of the symptoms and better to be know than not - I'm not loosing this baby at the last minute just because they can't be bothered to do a simple test!
Also TMI - I have the heamoroid from hell and am in soooo much pain. ANy ideas? I'm about to do a bit of research. Good news is that the exercises seem to be helping with the pelvic pain and so I'm slepping a bit better.

Anyone else getting braxton hicks? I don't remember having them at all with my girl, but have had quite a few lately, or at least I think that's what they are, my tummy goes rock solid for a few moments and hurts sometimes?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention about Kels fantastic TAN!

Yes Im a Avo. mmmm I could eat one of those for lunch! :haha:

Ooh Blue and Try sneaking their posts in at the same time as me!!!!

Blue - so pleased all is well.

Try - don't let anyone make you feel bad about your weight - we're all different and I know I pile it on as soon as I concieve - it's always been one of my indicators. Unfortunately with this pg I was still carrying weight form my MC in Nov, but like you say the breast feeding will really help after. I'm also planning to walk my daughter to school and back which is about half an hour uphill every day so that should help. Must remember to avoid the hot chocolate and cake with other new Mums trap I fell into last time!

Thanks Chilli, Im very happy!

Hope you get on ok at your appt this arvo. Sorry about the pains in your rear! perhaps they can offer some advice today.

Am having glucose test in the morning for GD - wish me luck girls...

Try - WOW, it's already close to shower time for you. I bet you're getting super excited! Where are you registered? As for the weight gain, everyone is different, so try not to look into it too much. Plus, you're carrying twins, so that's a whole different ball game. Keep talking to your doctor about it, but I'd say that as long as he/she is not too concerned about it, you have nothing to worry about. :flower:

Chilli - That role reversal story was hilarious!! :rofl: I'm sure you guys will have a blast in Miami, especially since you'll have your little one with you by then. Doppler day was great as usual! It's keeping my anxiety level in check until the next appointment. Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind more than once to sneak an extra session in. But then I think of the joy on OH's face everytime he listens to the little one's heart beat, and that's the only thing that keeps me from using it in his absence. I feel like I would be robbing him of the pleasure. As for the pain in the ass (pun intended!), I can relate, as I've been dealing with an anal fissure myself for several months now. Even though none of the home remedies have helped me, try soaking in some warm water with epsom salt. If not anything, it brings temporary relief. Good luck on the test tomorrow! Stay away GD!!!!

Tiger - Ooooh, your baby shower is right around the corner! How exciting!

Kels - :hi:. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. You've got a lovely tan going there. :winkwink: Awwwwww, your god daughter is absolutely adorable!!! And I love her name, how pretty! Good luck on your house hunt...hope you find the vacation home of your dreams. So good to hear from you...don't be a stranger! :flower:

Blue - Glad to hear that your appt went well. That's a nice strong heart beat! Did they do anything else at the visit? Yay for avocados! They're delish, aren't they? :winkwink:

Our next appointment is this Friday. Just a doppler visit, but I'm still excited, as that will be an extra session for the week. :haha: The last 4 weeks couldn't have gone by any slower. :growlmad: Of course, it's going to be an eternity until the gender scan.

Have a great day!

Hey Neffie :hi:

I just had my urine checked and she advised that all my bloods were ok, just need anti d injection for being rhesus negative. She said if I want to see her more often then just to book in. I kinda think I will be ok, as hearing the HB today was so reassuring.

Oh I hope our next 4 weeks dont drag too much. Cant wait to find out!

I am so excited for both of your scans!!! I hope the next 4 weeks don't drag either!!!

GL on your GD test Chilli! :wave:

Tiger, hey girlfriend! :hi: I bet you registered for all pretty things for your shower!

I am at work ladies, I'll pop on from my cell phone throughout the day! Talk to you soon!

Hope you gals in the London area are staying safe. Hope the craziness stops soon!

Luckily we dont live in London (but have friends that do) it is awful what is going on. You just dont expect that sort of thing to happen here.

Man, I had a lot of catching up to do, I hope I don't miss anyone........

Kel, your niece is so cute! So jealous of your tan too! FX'd that you caught this eggy!!!

Blue, did you buy an avocado yet? I didn't know this before but avocados are a great source of essential fatty acids which is great for baby's growing brain! (Really should eat more myself)

Chilli, I'm glad you got the GD test done today. I guess you won't know anything until tomorrow huh?

Sorry you and Neffie are having these pains in the ass. That sucks!

Neffie, I can't believe you're still dealing with that fissure! But glad you and hubby are enjoying that doppler!

Try, we are.registered at Buy Buy Baby, sister store to Bed Bath and Beyond. Some stuff like a bouncer, pack n play, and activity station I bought myself from consignment. Now that the invitations are out it's fun to see what has been bought off the registry! I just hope we don't get too many pink outfits. I asked for a variety of clothes in green, purple and yellow. What about your registry? That had to be fun to set up for boy and girl things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->