TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Neffies ticker matches your now blue (its not 2 or 3 behind yours like it was) so I am assuming everything went great!!! Neffie!!!!! How are you?!

Will be thinking of you and those twinnies cant wait to hear about them!

Hi Girls! :hi:

Sorry for being MIA for the last few days, but things have been absolutely hectic! Didn't mean to worry you guys, but it was that crazy. I had a couple of minutes to update my ticker last night (nice catch Try! :winkwink:), but that was about it. Everything went well with the appt, so we're very happy about that! Fundal height was measuring perfect, and we heard that lovely heartbeat again! :cloud9: OH also gave me an extra session over the weekend, so that was AWESOME! :haha: Other than that, we continued looking for strollers, visiting daycares, and picking out samples of colors to try for the nursery. We also started looking at cars, as we're going to get another one before the LO's arrival. If all that wasn't enough, work has been kicking my butt lately, so craziness has been the name of the game!

Blue - We're both onions!!! :happydance: I went ahead and finally updated my ticker, as I'm still on track for my original due date based on my last visit. By the way, I had some avocado over the weekend, it was heaven!! And I absolutely love onions...I pretty much eat them everyday! :winkwink: Oh, I almost forgot....my gender scan is scheduled for Sept 8, so it's a day after yours. :)

Try - Good luck for your growth scan today. I hope we get to see some pics! What all did you buy for the twinnies over the weekend? We're ready to start buying things too, but we'll probably wait until after the next scan.

Tiger - Hope you're feeling better. I'm sure it's quite amazing looking back at bump pics from earlier on in your pregnancy. I'm sure your OH knows how lovely and radiant you looked back then, and do now. :flower:

Chilli - Not too long before you get to meet your little one. You're almost there! :) Hope you're doing well.

Have a great day!

Phew Neffie - you had us worried but so glad all is well!

Try - thinking of you today - it's nearly 5 here but I guess you've a few more hours to go.

I'm starting to get a bit more organised with things & eating better which is helping me sleep as no longer have really bad acid in the night. Nearly only 50 days to go...

Have to start planning a group for after the births? Any ideas?

Neffie :hi: its so exciting that we are due the same day!! Sounds like you have been very busy, hope u can take it easy a bit now.

Chilli wow let the countdown begin!

Hi Girls! :hi:

Sorry for being MIA for the last few days, but things have been absolutely hectic! Didn't mean to worry you guys, but it was that crazy. I had a couple of minutes to update my ticker last night (nice catch Try! :winkwink:), but that was about it. Everything went well with the appt, so we're very happy about that! Fundal height was measuring perfect, and we heard that lovely heartbeat again! :cloud9: OH also gave me an extra session over the weekend, so that was AWESOME! :haha: Other than that, we continued looking for strollers, visiting daycares, and picking out samples of colors to try for the nursery. We also started looking at cars, as we're going to get another one before the LO's arrival. If all that wasn't enough, work has been kicking my butt lately, so craziness has been the name of the game!

Blue - We're both onions!!! :happydance: I went ahead and finally updated my ticker, as I'm still on track for my original due date based on my last visit. By the way, I had some avocado over the weekend, it was heaven!! And I absolutely love onions...I pretty much eat them everyday! :winkwink: Oh, I almost forgot....my gender scan is scheduled for Sept 8, so it's a day after yours. :)

Try - Good luck for your growth scan today. I hope we get to see some pics! What all did you buy for the twinnies over the weekend? We're ready to start buying things too, but we'll probably wait until after the next scan.

Tiger - Hope you're feeling better. I'm sure it's quite amazing looking back at bump pics from earlier on in your pregnancy. I'm sure your OH knows how lovely and radiant you looked back then, and do now. :flower:

Chilli - Not too long before you get to meet your little one. You're almost there! :) Hope you're doing well.

Have a great day!

I am so glad everything went perfectly!!! :cloud9:

Wow, you and blue have your scans coming up soon, I am so excited! :happydance:

We bought three newborn outfits each, three 0-3 month outfits a piece and a binkie/nuk/pacifier holder for each.....I used a coupon and the clothes were already on sale and I spent $130!!!!! Holy Crap! :shock:
I have to go buy the stroller sometime this week if I can make it there!

You'll have so much fun browsing baby stuff!

Phew Neffie - you had us worried but so glad all is well!

Try - thinking of you today - it's nearly 5 here but I guess you've a few more hours to go.

I'm starting to get a bit more organised with things & eating better which is helping me sleep as no longer have really bad acid in the night. Nearly only 50 days to go...

Have to start planning a group for after the births? Any ideas?

Had my scan, all was good, babies got big!

baby boy is 1lb 7 ounces and baby girl is 1lb 4 ounces. He is on my left and he is the leading baby, he is also head down at the moment kicking my ribs while she is feet down and kicking my girly area! :haha:

They told me to expect to start efacing (thinning) around 30 weeks, as that is normal with twins. I have a consultation with a high risk doc next monday and another growth scan in 4 weeks. 3D/4D scan is next friday though!!!!

They also told me baby boy is still a boy and baby girl is still a girl! :lol:

As soon as I am not so so tired, lazy, busy I will upload all the scan pics from my gender scan and from yesterday!

:flower:

Awesome news on your scan Try, poor you getting kicked from both angles!

Whopeee Try - I love these postive scans! Sorry about your bits though

Is effacing when it all goes hard for a few moments? If so I've been having lots of that!

I'm sooooo tired and my legs ache

Yes I must say I dont know what effacing means??

What's up with TheBump.com reconfiguring their website?? It's messing up all our tickers. :growlmad: I had to change my ticker so it didn't look all whacked out.

Try - If I'm not mistaken, effacing is when the cervix starts to thin out, correct? Don't they measure it in terms of a percentage? Glad the babies are doing well. Looking forward to seeing those pics!

Blue - Yes, we are true bump buddies with the same due date!!!!!! :dance:

Chilli - Oooh, a birth club sounds like fun, although I don't have any ideas at the moment...I'm still way behind you guys :haha:. Will let you know though if something comes to mind. Glad to hear that your heartburn has eased up.

Tiger - :hi:

Saturday will be a day of mixed emotions for me. It would have been the due date of our lost beanie. :( I'm soooooooooo very happy to be pregnant again, but the pain still lingers somehow. Hope that doesn't sound selfish, as I know there are so many ladies out there who have had a loss, and are still not pregnant...

Oh Neffie, I know how you feel, it's not selfish, we all love our lost babies and it's normal to think about them, I do.

There's Braxton Hicks with the pre-labor contractions which Chilli is getting, there's effacing like Neffie said and dilation when the cervix starts stretch out due to the effacement. DH's cousin just had her baby last Friday but she started effacing a month ago so though it's a sign of things to come, it can be awhile before baby is actually ready but I'm sure with twins the effacing/dilation will move along faster.

Can't wait to see those pics Try, followed shortly by Blue's and Neffie's!

I have an apt next Wednesday and I'll be 35wks then so it will be interesting to see if I started to efface yet!

Neffie I think about our lo quite often. :hugs: I hope you feel ok at the weekend. I lit a candle on the due date and somehow once that day had passed I did feel a bit better. I will be thinking about it again this year when they would have been 1 yr old.

Oh I told people at work today that we are having a baby, it was strange because a lady asked me "are you pregnant" in front of everyone. I couldnt deny it so said yes I am! ha ha she felt bad for announcing my news for me but I would have told people in the next couple of weeks.

Thank goodness its friday tomo. I cant wait for the weekend. We are goin to see Jimmy Carr tomo evening (comedian) should be good.

Hope u r all good!

This effacing is all new to me then! How do they measure it?

Neffie- I think about my babies a lot, especially on their due dates or the dates we lost them. ONe is coming up soon and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that - it's our first baby and only boy, Soloman, due 09.09.09. Just writing that makes me cry! WE go together and leave flowers where we buried them and have little chat and a cry - I odn't think it'll ever go away.

Blue - you've been outed!!! Everyone knew already with me as I was showing so much - now I'm just HUGE!!!! Hope they all look after you especially now

Im Out :haha:

Oh chilli bought a tear to my eye when I read about Soloman. I have only been once to the place where our baby is. I must go again soon. Its v hard.

:hugs: to everyone xxxx

Oh girlies...I didn't mean to make you all weepy as well. :flower: I agree that no matter what...some of the pain will never completely go away.

Blue - So your news is now public, ehh? Not all my co-workers know either. I told the folks in my department a couple of weeks ago, but that's about it. However today several of them told me "You better break the news to everyone soon, coz that tummy is starting to show through your clothes". So I'll be announcing the news to everyone else next week.

Wow, you girls are finally all coming out wi th your news!!!

You are right tiger and neffie and what efacing is! I think that is why they stressed me to be on bedrest between 24-28 weeks. We will see. I do not want these babies coming out earlier than 36 weeks!!! I'd love to keep them until 38 weeks when they are going to have me have them!

Blue, yes, its the weirdest feeling ever to feel movement everywhere! :lol:

I still cannot wait for blues and neffies gender scan! Too excited!

I am leaving to go visit family for the weekend after work. Will try to get on here but its near impossible!!!

Everyone who has appointments coming up, Good Luck! :flower:

Hey :hi:

Enjoy visiting the family Try.

What has everyone else got planned?

My brother is staying so they have the football on now :growlmad:

We may go to the cinema later to see The Inbetweeners movie.

Goodness Try, you are always going somewhere for the weekend! It is nice to visit family, I have to admit, DH and I don't do that enough.

This weekend we're trying to finish some of the detail work from the kitchen addition that we've put off so the house is more presentable for the party next weekend.

Chilli, I really don't know how they measure effacing, it's a percentage, that's all I know.

Blue, I hope you enjoy the movies! Let me know if Inbetweeners is worth cost!

I can't believe you and Neffie have been able to keep your pregnancies a secret at work for so long! I think I told everyone at 13wks when I felt sure that everything was fine.

Inbetweeners was very funny. My DH and Brother really enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->