TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Glad the movie was good blue! You guys are a sweet potato now! Holy Crap! Seems like you guys are moving super fast! Not too much longer until your gender scans!

Tiger, if we don't get home after several weeks of not visiting family, my in-laws drive down to visit us! :lol: We can't get away with it that long! Did you get your kitchen addition finished?

I am so so so tired..... Yawn*

K ladies, off to start doing my work this morning.....it's going to be a long day! High risk consultation with a high risk doctor after work today. probably just the basics of being pregnant with twins will be discussed.

Enjoy your day!

Wowsers I cant believe we are sweetpotatoes. we eat a lot of them! lol.

Hope the app goes well try, will be thinking of you and await your update.

Hope everyone is ok and has had a good start to the week.

Oh I am so desperate to feel little one, I thought I had felt something last week but nothing since. I Just cant wait!!! Hurry up baby I wanna feel u!

Appointment was fine. I actually only met with a nurse practioner to discuss the growth of baby B, our girl. She is in the 37% percentile while he is in the 67% percentile for growth. This was never mentioned to me before that she has such a large difference in growth between them both. If she gets near 10% percentile for growth then I have non-stress tests and such to monitor why she is so small. It could be one placenta is working harder than the other or that she cose to grow like that. :shrug:
I was told to up my prenatals to 2 a day along with my additional folic acid I already take but they also want me to take a calcium supplement, magnesium and zinc supplement as well. Take the prenatals in the morning and the rest in the afternnon as some of the supplements won't work if combined.
Also, they made me feel better about my weight gain. They said my regular OBGYN/Midwife aren't used to a multiple pregnancy, like my high risk doctors are, and suggested I am fine with my weight gain, if not below the guidelines, so not to worry.
Also, it sounds to her that the pains and tightening I have been having are contractions, but that it is common with twins, but just keep an eye out for more than 6 in one hour or sharp back pain along with them.
Thats it I believe. I am having a 3d/4d scan on friday evening. Maybe.......just maybe I can download my scan photo's (all of them!) on saturday if I have a free weekend for a change! :lol:

Blue, my first movements of the babies were few and far between. I'd feel a little something then nothing for over a week!!!! This went on for weeks!

I bet you are starting to feel him/her!

Glag your app went well, its good that they are not concerned about your weight!
I bet you cant wait to see them on friday. I hope you do have time to post pics!

Try - Glad to hear that they're not concerned about your weight. I'm sure the twinnies will be fine. Try to get enough rest, and be as stress free as possible (easier said than done, I know). Hope you get some time to upload those pics....

Blue - Sweet potatoes!!!!! Another yummy treat for the mouth...I absolutely love them! Glad you had fun with your family over the weekend. You'll start feeling the movements soon! I think I started feeling them on an off a few weeks ago, and they're starting to pick up now (knock on wood!)

Tiger/Chilli - :hi:

My in-laws just bought some newborn clothes for the LO! Since we don't know the sex yet, they're neutral colors...absolutely adorable! We can't wait to find out what we're having, and start shopping! I've been having a hunch that it's going to be a boy, but then last night I dreamt that I was breast feeding my daughter, and she was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on! :cloud9: So now I'm totally confused! :haha: Either way will be a beautiful gift...the most important thing is that he/she is healthy!

I think we are having a girl Neffie, its funny how you get a hunch, we will find out in 2 weeks. I really cant wait to start buying things.

I thought I had felt the baby before but im not convinced then today I thought I could feel something. Oh im just not sure, I need to be patient. I know I will be moaning when they are kicking me all the time.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately we have a French student staying with us and she's keeping me busy - Try she's a twin and loves being one!

Interesting to hear about the difference in weight - I think that's fairly normal for twins though isn't it?

Fummy how you get hunches Blue - I always knew my girl was a girl but am getting confused with this one. was sure was a boy but keep dreaming about having a baby girl (and she's beautiful!! - same as yours Neffie).

I can't believe how time is ticking by now... I'm getting so excited and a little bit panicky as still have so much to do... will at least try to locate baby clothes and pack hospital bag in next couple of weeks! Gotta write a birth paln too - anybody done that yet?

I finally caved with my acid indegestion and went to see doc who gave me tablets which are working like a dream today - wish I'd gone earlier now!

Oh and have another possible name to add: now either Arthur Saul, Thomas Saul or... this is the new one... Dante Saul... (Dante means enduring which I like) surname is Chillitupa. What do you think? Honest answers please.

hey hey ladies....

coming in to let ya know

GUESS WHAT?????????????????

I am PREGNANT!!!!!!!! confirmed with a DIGIE.. I can't BELIEVE I AM FINALLY JOINNG YOU LADIES..............

I am very causious because I have been VERY FAINT lines on the FRER and IC's.....

OMG what are we gonna dooooooooooooooo, we close on our new vacation home next Wednesday now we have a baby coming as well

:headspin: OMGGGGGGGGGGGG KELS!!!!!!!!! :yipee: That's awesome!! So happy for you! Sending you tons of :dust:. H&H 9 months! :happydance: You'll figure out what you need to do about the vacation house in time....hey, use it for vacationing with your little one. :winkwink: Again, I'm absolutely thrilled for you!!!!!!

Chilli - Glad to hear that the tablets are working. :thumbup: Time sure is ticking by....just a few more weeks, and your LO will be in your arms. As for the name, out of the three you mentioned I like Arthur the best.

Whoopee Kels - that's fantastic news - ssooooooooooooooooooo happy for you and will be keeping everything crossed and you in my prayers!!!! What else can I say? for sure you are over the moon

Thanks guys.. I am just so thrilled to able to join you lovely ladies in the journey FINALLY

I'll tell ya---what a 41st birthday present that was for me..... but in the same sense am I MAD???? having a baby at the age of 41 (will almost be 42 when it comes) and hubby will be 43??????????????? LOL

but still sooooooooooooooo scared............ after loosing two---- I am forever going to be checking when I go to the bathroom.....

Oh and have another possible name to add: now either Arthur Saul, Thomas Saul or... this is the new one... Dante Saul... (Dante means enduring which I like) surname is Chillitupa. What do you think? Honest answers please

I like them all Chilli...... I like that you guys have Sir Names.......

we have always had names chosen
boy
Brodey Patrick
girl
Danielle Rae or Maddison Rae (not sure yet)

My last name is not an easy one to go with... Ader.. pronounced A- not ahhhh lol and then Der.. we get ADDER all the time-- I always say there is not two d's.....

Blue- so you say girl huh?? and you are gonna find out?? gonna keep this a secret til the end.. :)

Neffie you are gonna find out too huh????

I must admit way easier to buy for but the day my sister in law gave birth- it was so fun guessing boy girl, we had a $65.00 pot going that day she went into labor.. and then we all started screaming GIRL GIRL GIRL....

Ya'll have a wonderful day and I will check back in soon :)

Just comin on here to send a huge congrats to kel. hope everyone is doing well. Looks like I really am the only one who didn't get lucky and will never be a mom. Take care ladies

Kels Kels Kels........ What can I say! you have made my day! (I heard another friend is preg after 3 losses so double happy)

Brilliant news :happydance: Sooooooo exciting xxxxx

Yeah we are gonna find out what we are having, I cant wait another 20 weeks! and cos im just so convinced that baby is a girl I have to know!! :haha:

Chilli - I really like Saul as a name, Thomas Saul sounds good and I also like Dante!

mpepe - Sweetie good to see you stopped by, please hang on in there! It will happen for you I still have faith. lots of :hugs:

Hey everyone else. I have been feeling some movement last couple of days :cloud9:

Mpepe - I know how you feel - I was left behind in another group and I also thought I was the one it would never happen to, but it has and it will for you too... stay strong.

Kels - Know what you mean about the age thing - I just turned 40 and hubby is 41! But we're young at heart... somedays!!!??? Still so elated for you. Good luck with all the angst but I'm sure it'll all be fine this time.

Blue - my stepdad who has no children of his own but is a fantastic Grandad is called Stewart Paul so Saul is a combination in honor of him, but yes I'm increasingly liking it as a possible first name too... eek it's hard this time round! Last time I knew I wanted a little Jocelyn Marie and that's what I got

OMG - have just found out that Saul means prayed for!

Kels as I have said via text.......:happydance: Woohooo baby! I am very pleased for you! Have you called your doctor for your bloodwork yet? Very very happy for you! :hugs:

Chilli, I like the name Thomas Saul as well! :) I see you have a boy's name picked out, have you got a girls name picked out at all?

:cloud9: Blue.....feeling those sweet little movements are awesome aren't they?.....I love it!

Neffie, I am trying to rest as much as possible.....very hard to but still trying hard! lol

3d/4d scan today......I will try my hardest to upload my scan pics tonight or over the weekend!

I am an eggplant today! Hooray!

Morning

Blue movement.. woo hooooooooooooooooo- I guess I can't wait for that, I just want to make it pass 8 weeks first though......

Chilli- really sometime I stop and think- when my child is my age- I will be 80- IF I AM STILL around and sometimes I think it's not fair especially if this one does stick- this is IT for us- but I am truly blessed that I did get pregnant again after 16 months after the last MC

Try--- you guys in any danger of this DAM HURRICANE??????????? we are supposively right in the direct path of it and everyone is just going NUTS around here---- they are calling for 12 to 14 inches of rain and MAJOR flooding to the point of mass transit being stopped for days.................

cant wait to see the 3/4d scan photos :)

oh my OB office appointment not til Aug 30th.... they tried to get in me Sept 8th or Sept 1st and I SAID NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mpepe- hun I dont know what to say..... I do know how you feel though.... I was extremely happy when you came in and told us you were pregnant again but of course deep down it hurt-- why not me.........................I had convinced myself that it just wasn't meant to be for us so we changed our focus at buying a second vacation home
I KNOW you are younger then me- you HAVE time............ YOU DO............... my sister in law had 3 MCs' and was at her wits end.. well she just gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl July 15th...................... YOU JUST CANNOT GIVE UP HOPE.... you can't

Neffie.. what's up girl....?????????????

Tiger you too.. .are you anywhere NEAR the coast of NC???????????? Irene is NO JOKE she is 430 miles wide

ok so that is about that in a nutshell righ now

have a GREAT weekend all

Mpepe - I understand your frustration. :hugs: It is upsetting to see others around you get pregnant, and feel like you're the only one left behind.. But as hard as it is, try and stay positive...to say that you'll never be a mom are strong words. It WILL happen for you like it did for all of us. Sending massive :hug: your way....

Blue - Yay for feeling movement! It's great, isn't it?

Chilli - Love the meaning of Saul! So do you think you might switch up, and have that as a first name?

Try - Yummm, another veggie I love! Happy Eggplant! :winkwink: I bet you're over the moon to see the twinnies today at the scan. I hope you're able to find the time to share those pics with us.

Kels - Yes, we're definitely going to find out what we're having. Only 2 more weeks to go before we find out, eeeeeeeek!! :cloud9: Glad you were able to get an earlier appointment. Stay safe this weekend!

Tiger - You too....stay safe, and out of Irene's way!

AFM, I can't tell you guys how much I'm looking forward to this weekend! I've been working non stop for the last 2 weeks so I'm absolutely wiped out! We have some of OH's family in town this week, so looking forward to spending some quality time with them this weekend. They bought us a couple of toys for the LO...absolutely adorable! Our little collection of baby things is starting, and even though sometimes it still feels surreal, I am starting to come to terms with the fact that this is all starting to finally happen...:cloud9:

Have a great & safe weekend everyone!

Hi :hi:

Kels I hope that you are safe there :hugs:

Woop woop Try is an egg plant yay! and I cant wait to hear about the scan and see pics!!

Chilli I think Saul for a first name is lovely as well! Lady I work with her boy is called Saul.

Neffie Im sooooo excited we will know in less than 2 weeks what we are having!! yipee

:hi: Tiger

Im off to have a morrocan meal tonight and im starving cant wait.

Have a great weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->