TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Hi Ladies,

drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumrollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...........................

We are having a boy :blue: :yipee: :wohoo:

I cant believe it, I was so convinced he was a she! lol.

The scan went really well, all looked good and the doctor said we can carry on care with the midwife as all ok. I could see boy bits even before the sex was mentioned! so even if we didnt want to know we would have done!

Im sooooooo relieved and very shocked! I need to get into boy mode now! DH is really chuffed as with a girl cat and dog he was feeling outnumbered!

Neffie cant wait for yours now!

Chilli, bless your little girl she looks so lovely in her uniform.

Good to hear from you tiger! you are so close now, you sound like ur ready!

I will upload a pic soon. eeeekkkkkk :cloud9:

Chilli - Your little girl looks so adorable in that pic!! I'm sure her first day of school was hard for you...ah, the joys of motherhood...how sweet of her to come back for another hug. :)

Tiger - Yay for all the baby showers! I can imagine all the organizing you're having to do, what with having 3 of them. Hope everything goes well at the scan today. Keep us posted!

Blue - Congrats on team :blue:!!!!! How exciting!!! My hunch has been just the opposite of yours. I feel like it's going to be a boy. It sure will be interesting to see if my LO ends up being a girl. :winkwink: Waiting to see your scan pic...

Try - :hi:

Tomorrow is D day for us!!!! :happydance: I so can't wait!!! Neither can OH...will keep you all posted!

How exciting!!! Very pleased for you Blue that your little boy looks great!
Neffie, I am so excited for you for tomorrow! I am guessing girl!

Hey girls! :wave:

Thanks ladies.....

How funny if you are having a boy neffie and we are due on the same day!

Cant wait to hear!!

Yeah Blue - so happy all is well and you're having a little boy! Will you tell us your name options??????:happydance:

Neffie - can't wait...

Tiger - will have to check how far ahead of me you are - can't believe that we're at the stage when it could be any day now!

My gorgeous girl was thrilled about her first day at school and we had a special dinner to celebrate - we even made it on time again today!!! Don't see that lasting when newborn comes along.

I've just been to an osteopath to try to sort out these pains which are making me immobile - :growlmad:man it hurt!!!!!! Can still feel it now, but if it helps it'll be worth it. I must look a sight - a big wobbly hobbly thing!

hope everyone is well:flower:

Oh chilli I hope you feel heaps better soon! :hugs:

I cannot believe you and Tiger are in the stage of "anticipation"!

We have been getting so much rain lately that I am afraid I'll have to cancel my baby shower that is scheduled for this saturday (2 days away)! I will be devastated! The caterer is already getting things ready to prepare the food and I am sure I'll still have to pay full cost no matter what the weather. If this is the case and I have to cancel my shower or only a handful of people come due to the weather, I will not reschedule. I just hate having to have watsed Hundreds of dollars :(

Pardon my hormones ladies

Hi Girls! :hi:

We're back from our scan, and our little one is a....

:yipee: :headspin: :pink: GIRL!!!!!! :pink: :dance: :wohoo:
It was amazing!!! :cloud9: OH asked me last night if I still thought if it was a boy, and for the first time I said that I think we're having a girl. Still didn't think that would be the case though. She was all over the place during the scan. The US technician said she is a little mover. ;) There were a few things that couldn't be seen on the scan since she was so active, so we're going to get another ultrasound at our next appointment! :happydance: Needless to say, OH is already going gaga over having a little girl. :cloud9: He already made a comment on how he's going to have to muscle up more to keep the guys away from her. :winkwink:

Blue - I guess my thought from yesterday came true....I thought a boy all along, and we have a little princess baking in there. You thought girl all along, and you have a little prince in there. :haha:

Here are some of the scan pics. The 1st one is of her face & tummy (this one's not very clear since mademoiselle didn't want to stay still). The 2nd one is of her thighs & lady parts, and the 3rd one (one of my favorites!) is of her feet. :)

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Wow amazing! So happy for you Neffie! :yipee: Lovely scan pics. And you get to see your babygirl again soon yay!!

Not sure on names yet Chilli, glad u r getting some treatment from osteo. They really know what they are doing and its very holistic.

Oh Try I hope u dont have to cancel this weekend :hugs:

Hey everyone else :kiss:

Wow Neffie - that's great - lovely pics too. Girls are lots of fun to dress!!! Funny how you two swapped. My DH is exactly the same a bout his little girl - she runs rings around him and God help anyone who ever tries to hurt her - he's already said she's not having boyfriends... ever!

Try - urgh - I really hope that doesn't happen it would be such a pity. You guys do these showers in a big way don't you? If I cancelled mine I'd just have to call a couple of friends and say "don't bother coming over" as mine is just a litle get together at home. How many people do you have potentially coming? Is the rain that bad?

Well I've been almost crippled all day which has not been nice so I hope osteopath knew what he was doing!!!??? Still managed to cook a delicious smoked fish pie which I'm saving half of for the freezer : starting to stock pile for imminent arrival. Also wrote my birthplan today so have been a busy Mummy ( I LOVE not having to work!!!!!)

Eugh and my nipple starting leaking after my swim today... weird!

Neffie!!! Yay! I knew it! :happydance: I love your scan pics also, her feet are totally adorable! :cloud9: Chilli is right! Girls are so so so fun to dress! Plus people seem to go gaga for little princesses!

Blue, I will decide tomorrow if I should.

Chilli, the rain has caused severe flooding and a majority of the towns there had to evacuate. Businesses closed, highways closed.....its crazy. I have potentially 25-30 people who RSVP'd and maybe 3 would show with all this going on so its not worth the wasted money for us. But we will make the final decision tomorrow after the river crests and starts to recede.

I am just so stressed! Plus we got our pre approval for a mortgage the other so we have been looking for houses like crazy! We need to move by the end of next month!

Oh try dont get too stressed hun x fingers crossed you can still enjoy your weekend!

I have a 4 day break now, yay. but I have lots of housework to do :(

Have a good weekend everyone!

Chili - Hope you feel better soon! Yay for finishing up your birth plan! :thumbup: I still can't believe you and Tiger will have your little ones here soon. Time sure has flown by.

Try - Hope you were able to sort out things with your shower. I really hope that you'll be able to have it, and not cancel but I can see how that would be hard with the way the weather is.

Blue - Wow, 4 day break...I'm jealous! Enjoy, and don't overdo the housework!

AFM, OH came home last night with a bunch of stuff for our LO. I didn't know he was that serious when he said he couldn't wait to start shopping. :dohh: My favorite is a little outfit that says "Dad does not want me to date until I'm 25!" The funny part was that he mentioned the exact same phrase right after the scan....he almost didn't believe his luck when he saw the outfit. :winkwink: Boy, she sure is going to run circles around him...it's going to be a treat to see. :lol:

We're going to start working on plans for the nursery this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

aah Neffie that's so cute about your OH - he's smitten already!

Try - hope things work out ok for your baby shower - that sounds like some pretty extreme weather!

Blue - enjoy your break... gets even better when you're on maternity... hee hee!

My little girl survived her first week at school and is still smiling!
We went together to lay 4 beautiful sunflowers on my baby Soloman's grave today as it would have been his 2nd birthday - she hugged me in the nicest way - I'm so lucky to have her

Chilli, :cry: :hugs: Your daughter is so sweet to care for her momma like that! Glad to hear she is good in school!

Neffie, how frickin adorble!!! I love it!!!

Blue, awesome having a 4 day break!!! Rest momma Rest!!!

We cancelled the baby shower. I'm slightly bummed but at the same time everyone's safety is so important. The recovery from the flooding is about to start.

On the plus side it gives me more time to replan it.

Hubby and I put in an offer for a house last night and we will hear by tomorrow afternon if they accept our offer.

Anywho, since our plans are cancelled for this weekend, hubby went to work due to the paper plant being flooded and they asked him to go to that plant and help out. And I am going to clean the house.....yawn*

We got a call from our realtor yesterday afternoon saying the seller counter offered our offer instead of accepting our offer and we counter offered in return. We will know sooner or later. If no luck, its back to the drawing board.

Happy Monday Everyone! :hi:

Blue - We're bananas!!! :dance: Hope you're enjoying your 4 day break.

Chilli - The thought of you and your little girl at baby Solomon's grave brought a tear to my eye. :cry: That was indeed such a sweet gesture on her part to give you that extra special hug. :kiss:

Try - Sorry to hear that you had to cancel the shower, but it was probably for the best. But you're right...you get more time now to plan an even better one. :thumbup: Hope your counter offer on the house is accepted!

Tiger/Kels - :hi:

AFM, OH starting painting the nursery this weekend. :happydance: Will post pics once it's complete...it'll take some time, but the plan is to have it done within the next couple of months. We also ordered the stroller & car seat, and we're getting close to making a decision on a car for once our little munchkin is here. I absolutely love my car, but it's too small for a baby, and won't work. I'm a bit bummed out about that, but I know the new car will be the best thing for her. :thumbup:

Have a great day everyone!

Hey!

Wow banana! that is so cool. Neffie, cant wait to see your Nursery pics! I need inspriration for our's. We only painted last year cream walls so not changing that but will need to get new curtains accesories etc.

We are also looking at new cars, we are due one anyone but with a dog and baby we need to get an estate car now.

Try- im sorry shower got canx, any news on the house?

Chilli - :hugs: Glad you had your girl with you when you went to Soloman's grave.

AFM - we have had a good day, cleared out some old clothes and walked the dog in some nearby woods that we just discovered. A great place to walk with the baby! Just had a lovely dinner of lamb and lovely veg, which makes up for my really bad diet over the weekend.

Hey Tiger, Cla and Kels. (cla is on hols at the moment)

I hope everyone is doing well! :hi:

Will read comments later, running late at work this morning!

Eugh - am trying to make homemade apple juice as have 3 over laiden apple trees - but keep getting punched in the bits!!!???

Also have 2 4 year olds playing upstairs, one of whom has to say "pretend" at the start of every sentence!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->