TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

:hi: Girlies...

It's been rather quiet in here lately. How's everyone doing?

Try - What's the 411 on the house? Any luck?

OH finished painting the nursery this week. :dance: We also got the car seat & stroller delivered. And the biggest 'to do' item of buying a car is done as well. :thumbup: I'll admit that giving up my car was no joke...it was so near and dear to me, I've been pretty bummed out about it. :cry: Oh well, gotta move on. I'm sure there will be many more sacrifices to make along the way. :winkwink: Plan on continuing to work on the nursery this weekend, and we also have a tour of the hospital coming up. Looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Wow neffie, you are super organised! cant wait to see the finished nursery!

What r u all upto this weekend?

Im taking my Mum to the cinema to see Jane Eyre and we are going to look at prams.

Very self indulgent post coming up:

I had contractions every 12 mins for 3 hours last night and was convinced we were off:happydance:, went to bed to get some rest and woke up very disappointed this morning:shrug: - what does this mean? Is it iminent or might I end up waiting days yet?:wacko: Opinions please?

Happy Monday Everyone! :hi:

Blue - We're bananas!!! :dance: Hope you're enjoying your 4 day break.

Chilli - The thought of you and your little girl at baby Solomon's grave brought a tear to my eye. :cry: That was indeed such a sweet gesture on her part to give you that extra special hug. :kiss:

Try - Sorry to hear that you had to cancel the shower, but it was probably for the best. But you're right...you get more time now to plan an even better one. :thumbup: Hope your counter offer on the house is accepted!

Tiger/Kels - :hi:

AFM, OH starting painting the nursery this weekend. :happydance: Will post pics once it's complete...it'll take some time, but the plan is to have it done within the next couple of months. We also ordered the stroller & car seat, and we're getting close to making a decision on a car for once our little munchkin is here. I absolutely love my car, but it's too small for a baby, and won't work. I'm a bit bummed out about that, but I know the new car will be the best thing for her. :thumbup:

Have a great day everyone!

I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery once its all complete! You are way ahead of me! :lol:

How is little miss doing? Lots of movements?

Hey!

Wow banana! that is so cool. Neffie, cant wait to see your Nursery pics! I need inspriration for our's. We only painted last year cream walls so not changing that but will need to get new curtains accesories etc.

We are also looking at new cars, we are due one anyone but with a dog and baby we need to get an estate car now.

Try- im sorry shower got canx, any news on the house?

Chilli - :hugs: Glad you had your girl with you when you went to Soloman's grave.

AFM - we have had a good day, cleared out some old clothes and walked the dog in some nearby woods that we just discovered. A great place to walk with the baby! Just had a lovely dinner of lamb and lovely veg, which makes up for my really bad diet over the weekend.

Hey Tiger, Cla and Kels. (cla is on hols at the moment)

The seller took another offer on that house.....HOWEVER.....we put another offer in on another house, one we love and is completed for the most part and our offer was accepted! Now we wait eagerly for the bank to approve our loan.....which in this economy and this market, we are petrified!

We have been so so busy lately and not enough time for us to do anything!

Yummm your dinner sounds so good! (licks lips****)
Sounds like a very peaceful place to take baby for a walk!

How are you feeling?

Eugh - am trying to make homemade apple juice as have 3 over laiden apple trees - but keep getting punched in the bits!!!???

Also have 2 4 year olds playing upstairs, one of whom has to say "pretend" at the start of every sentence!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:rofl:

Homeade apple juice sounds refreshing!

:hi: Girlies...

It's been rather quiet in here lately. How's everyone doing?

Try - What's the 411 on the house? Any luck?

OH finished painting the nursery this week. :dance: We also got the car seat & stroller delivered. And the biggest 'to do' item of buying a car is done as well. :thumbup: I'll admit that giving up my car was no joke...it was so near and dear to me, I've been pretty bummed out about it. :cry: Oh well, gotta move on. I'm sure there will be many more sacrifices to make along the way. :winkwink: Plan on continuing to work on the nursery this weekend, and we also have a tour of the hospital coming up. Looking forward to that!

Seller took someone elses offer, we offered on another nice house and it got accepted, now we wait to see if the bank approves our loan.

Yawn*

This is tough!

:hugs: on giving up your car, but all in all it is what it is and everything will be fine if not better! :thumbup:

I had contractions every 12 mins for 3 hours last night and was convinced we were off:happydance:, went to bed to get some rest and woke up very disappointed this morning:shrug: - what does this mean? Is it iminent or might I end up waiting days yet?:wacko: Opinions please?

Eeeeeck! I have no idea!!!!

Any more contractions chilli?? I have no idea either how long it will be for you. Very exciting thou!!!

Hi try, keepin fingers crossed about the house. Will you be able to move in before the twins arrive?

AFM had a lovely weekend with my family (although my brother and I still bicker like teenagers)

I think the baby must have moved a bit, I still feel him moving but his kicks have not been as hard.

Neffie, I don't think I ever said congratulations on team pink! What color is the baby's room?

Try, congratulations on the new house! That's great!

Blue, don't wish too hard for stronger kicks, you just might end up getting just that! ;)

Chilli, so jealous of your contractions. I've got nothing! I would say you're getting close though, you might have that baby before your due date!

AFM, I don't think this little girl is interested in coming early. Last Wednesday's apt still.stuck at 1cm for the third week! She said I was 50% effaced but I don't know how much I was effaced before. This Wednesday I'm going to ask to schedule an inducement for next week in case it doesn't happen naturally. I never thought I would ask for that but I honestly can't take this numbness in my hands anymore. I've been dealing with it for 90% of the day in the past month and in the past week it has been waking me up at night it's so bad. Next Tuesday is the official due date so it's not like I'm asking to be induced early if it comes down to that.

Hi Tiger,I hope she comes soon and you dont have to wait to be induced. Sorry to hear u are suffering with numbness in your hands.

Ugh Tiger - that numbness doesn't sound nice. I keep getting pins and needles in my hands for no apparent recent so I guess it's just our bodies saying our pg journey is coming to an end - sad in a way though!

I have had more contractions, particularly last night but they've gone again. They're very mild so I think it's just a bit of a warm up going on.

Blue - they have quiet days and weeks these LOs - I think if they change position you just don't feel it as much.

Try - hope you'vce had some good house news? I guess with 2 more on the way you need a bigger place? I would never have fitted 2 more in this little house - not sure about 1 more either tbh

Hope everyone is really well and enjoying the early onset of Autumn?

Any more contractions chilli?? I have no idea either how long it will be for you. Very exciting thou!!!

Hi try, keepin fingers crossed about the house. Will you be able to move in before the twins arrive?

AFM had a lovely weekend with my family (although my brother and I still bicker like teenagers)

I think the baby must have moved a bit, I still feel him moving but his kicks have not been as hard.

IF we get approved for the loan (we will know in 1-2 weeks at most if all is ok), then we should be able to move in by the end of next month. Good positive house vibes are appreciated!

It is awesome to feel the baby move huh?! I am also waiting for those super strong kicks people talk about! Soon......it will happen soon. :)

How funny about you and your brother! :haha: I think its cute!

Neffie, I don't think I ever said congratulations on team pink! What color is the baby's room?

Try, congratulations on the new house! That's great!

Blue, don't wish too hard for stronger kicks, you just might end up getting just that! ;)

Chilli, so jealous of your contractions. I've got nothing! I would say you're getting close though, you might have that baby before your due date!

AFM, I don't think this little girl is interested in coming early. Last Wednesday's apt still.stuck at 1cm for the third week! She said I was 50% effaced but I don't know how much I was effaced before. This Wednesday I'm going to ask to schedule an inducement for next week in case it doesn't happen naturally. I never thought I would ask for that but I honestly can't take this numbness in my hands anymore. I've been dealing with it for 90% of the day in the past month and in the past week it has been waking me up at night it's so bad. Next Tuesday is the official due date so it's not like I'm asking to be induced early if it comes down to that.

I am still waiting to see if we get approved (officially) for a bank loan for the house, so until then I am not celebrating!

Eeeeeck! I cannot believe how close to the end you are!

Ugh Tiger - that numbness doesn't sound nice. I keep getting pins and needles in my hands for no apparent recent so I guess it's just our bodies saying our pg journey is coming to an end - sad in a way though!

I have had more contractions, particularly last night but they've gone again. They're very mild so I think it's just a bit of a warm up going on.

Blue - they have quiet days and weeks these LOs - I think if they change position you just don't feel it as much.

Try - hope you'vce had some good house news? I guess with 2 more on the way you need a bigger place? I would never have fitted 2 more in this little house - not sure about 1 more either tbh

Hope everyone is really well and enjoying the early onset of Autumn?

I don't think the numbness has anything to do with pregnancy coming to an end as I have had numbness in my hands for weeks so far and my obgyn says its pregnancy carpal tunnel and to wear wrist splints to bed if needed and it should go away after the birth of the baby/babies. Its fairly common.

Yes, we only have 2 bedrooms currently and we rent. We would really like to buy a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom house. Fingers crossed girls!

I LOVE Fall weather! Do you?

Hola Everyone! :hi:

Blue - How was Jane Eyre? Did you guys settle on a pram?

Chilli - Hope the little one comes soon. We're all waiting to see pictures. :winkwink:

Tiger - I hope she comes before you have your induction scheduled. I'm sure the wait is aggravating, and you're ready to hold her in your arms. As for our nursery, we've decided to go with a neutral color, so that we don't have to worry about re-painting it. Will post pictures once it's good to go.

Try - That's great that your offer got accepted! :thumbup: Hope the loan approval comes through soon. The twinnies are going to need the additional space.

AFM, we had a tour of the maternity wing of the hospital. We were very impressed! I feel very comfortable delivering there. They also have an excellent NICU in the event that extra care is needed for the LO. Really hoping that won't be an issue though. I'll be pre-registering at the hospital within the next week or so. Also, we put the stroller & car seat together. :thumbup: It was adorable to see OH pushing the stroller back and forth. :haha: Next thing on our list is to figure out which crib we want.

Neffie, you are the most organised girl I know! bless DH he sounds so excited about his little girl. What is your maternity wing like? I imagine them to be alot nicer over there than the NHS here!

Jane Eyre was really good and I think I have found the pushchair we want.

https://philandteds.com/products/push/explorer#_seveninone

Try sending loads of positive house vibes! You are going to be very busy the next few weeks!

Chilli, Tiger how are you girls feeling?

Wow, fancy stroller Blue! I like it!

Well my apt is today so hoping for more advancement! Funny thing is, a co-worker told me yesterday that she heard the hospital we plan to deliver at doesn't allow personal video or photos of the birth until it's over and they say it's okay. I honestly don't care, I have had plans to video tape the birth of my first child! I'll be darned if they think they can deny me that just to cover their own butts if something goes wrong. Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to not allow any photography until they say so?

Hola Everyone! :hi:

Blue - How was Jane Eyre? Did you guys settle on a pram?

Chilli - Hope the little one comes soon. We're all waiting to see pictures. :winkwink:

Tiger - I hope she comes before you have your induction scheduled. I'm sure the wait is aggravating, and you're ready to hold her in your arms. As for our nursery, we've decided to go with a neutral color, so that we don't have to worry about re-painting it. Will post pictures once it's good to go.

Try - That's great that your offer got accepted! :thumbup: Hope the loan approval comes through soon. The twinnies are going to need the additional space.

AFM, we had a tour of the maternity wing of the hospital. We were very impressed! I feel very comfortable delivering there. They also have an excellent NICU in the event that extra care is needed for the LO. Really hoping that won't be an issue though. I'll be pre-registering at the hospital within the next week or so. Also, we put the stroller & car seat together. :thumbup: It was adorable to see OH pushing the stroller back and forth. :haha: Next thing on our list is to figure out which crib we want.

Hola! :wave:

Wow, you are highly motivated! I love it! I am quite the opposite....I have been so lazy! A procrastinator at best!

We opted for the convertable crib that converts to a full size bed in cherry as we have furniture to go with it.

Veyr glad you liked your tour! Our tour isnt until next month, we are doing a family tour so DD can go too!

Neffie, you are the most organised girl I know! bless DH he sounds so excited about his little girl. What is your maternity wing like? I imagine them to be alot nicer over there than the NHS here!

Jane Eyre was really good and I think I have found the pushchair we want.

https://philandteds.com/products/push/explorer#_seveninone

Try sending loads of positive house vibes! You are going to be very busy the next few weeks!

Chilli, Tiger how are you girls feeling?

Thanks for the vibes, that is what we need! I hope we get the house and it stays reasonable. That is a giant step for this growing family and I would like to get started focusing on the arrival of the babies! Its hard to prepare when there is no room where we are at and with trying to buy a home.

I will check out this link for the stroller asap!

Wow, fancy stroller Blue! I like it!

Well my apt is today so hoping for more advancement! Funny thing is, a co-worker told me yesterday that she heard the hospital we plan to deliver at doesn't allow personal video or photos of the birth until it's over and they say it's okay. I honestly don't care, I have had plans to video tape the birth of my first child! I'll be darned if they think they can deny me that just to cover their own butts if something goes wrong. Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to not allow any photography until they say so?

How did your appointment go? We are not allowed either to take video orpictures during delivery. I feel everyone should have the right if the mom wants it. We also arent allowed cameras or video cameras during the ultrasounds.....which stunk, because we wanted to take some clips and post them online to save but nothing like that is allowed. How nuts!

IF we get this house and could move in next month, I plan on taking my leave as soon as I can so I can organize the house, prepare for babies, try and rest and get prepared the best I can.

Is that a jogging stroller?.....Looks like a comfy one!

I think you can jog with it, DH likes running so he prob will when the baby is bigger.

I however am just a walker! ha ha

Hope everyone is doing well x

Haha :haha:

I like to walk also, but since I have gotten so so big I am truly uncomfortable walking! :lol:

I was up alot last night with alot of belly cramping. Wondering if its my uterus or if I am constipated! Sometime I just cannot tell!

I am having my baby shower tomorrow afternoon, between 20-25 people at a nice little Italian restaurant. Today is also my 5th wedding anniversary, and since DH and I havent dtd in a while, I think that is what he is going to get! :rofl: As long as I can stand it!

I am FINALLY a squash today!

I cannot get over how fast chilli and tiger flew threw the last few weeks!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy anniversery Try! and enjoy the :sex: he he

Have a lovely baby shower.

I think the next few weeks will flyby for you too.

We are looking at a car tomo and my guests for tomo evening have just cancelled so a quieter weekend than what was originally planned.

Have a great weekend all xx

Blue - Nice stroller! :thumbup: Looks like your OH will have many wonderful runs with the little one in it. Good luck with the car hunt!

Tiger - How did you appointment go? Hope they give you the option to photograph/video the birth. But it seems very common these days that they don't give that option anymore due to liability reasons. :blush:

Try - Have fun at the baby shower! Happy wedding anniversary, and go get you some :sex:. :haha: I did when we went on our babymoon a few weeks ago. OH was over the moon! :winkwink:

Chilli - :hi:

We're going to look at cribs this weekend. We'll make a final decision on the style & color we like, and then order it online since we'll definitely get a better deal that way. Also need to clean out the closet and donate stuff that we don't use anymore.

Happy anniversery Try! and enjoy the :sex: he he

Have a lovely baby shower.

I think the next few weeks will flyby for you too.

We are looking at a car tomo and my guests for tomo evening have just cancelled so a quieter weekend than what was originally planned.

Have a great weekend all xx

Thank You! :flower:

We actually have not had the chance to dtd. What crap. We havent dtd in quite a while actually. And I am hoping its not because of how enormous I have gotten in the belly! My shower was nice. Lots of diapers!!! Yay!
I hope the next few weeks fly by but still go slow, if you know what I mean? I want to enjoy every minute!

Ooooooh! A car! What did you look at? Did you find anything you like?

Hope your weekend was nice!

Blue - Nice stroller! :thumbup: Looks like your OH will have many wonderful runs with the little one in it. Good luck with the car hunt!

Tiger - How did you appointment go? Hope they give you the option to photograph/video the birth. But it seems very common these days that they don't give that option anymore due to liability reasons. :blush:

Try - Have fun at the baby shower! Happy wedding anniversary, and go get you some :sex:. :haha: I did when we went on our babymoon a few weeks ago. OH was over the moon! :winkwink:

Chilli - :hi:

We're going to look at cribs this weekend. We'll make a final decision on the style & color we like, and then order it online since we'll definitely get a better deal that way. Also need to clean out the closet and donate stuff that we don't use anymore.

Ooolala Neffie! :winkwink: Glad someone is dtd! We did not have any time too, hoping to soon! :lol:

You'll have to let us know for sure what you think about getting! I think we are getting two cribs in cherry finish that are 4-1 cribs, that convert from a crib to a toddler bed to a full size bed. One stop shopping!

Questions ladies.

Has anyone had either of these:

A. I get a sharp ripping/burning feeling right by my belly button every single time I bend over or lift anything over 5 lbs!!!! WTH!?

B. I know I have mentioned numb hands at night waking me up, but now it has progressed to numbing, painful hands and arms up to my elbows!!! WTH!?

If you have any of these, what have you done to relieve them?

Hi Try, I havn't had either of those symptoms, perhaps as im further behind? Maybe tiger or chilli have some advice.

Glad you had a lovely shower! shame you didnt get to dtd. I havn't since we fell pregnant and tbh I dont think I will. I just dont fancy it one bit :haha: and luckily DH isnt bothered either!

Neffie did u get the crib you wanted?

We got the car, its a VW golf estate, plenty of room for the baby and the dog! DH is picking it up on saturday so thats exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->