TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Sorry I've been MIA, on the 23rd I started having contractions and finally after 16hrs of labor at 7:01am on September 24th I delivered our first child, Addyson Maryanna!

https://i54.tinypic.com/259yjkg.jpg

Around midnight I have gave up on trying for a natural birth, it's just too painful even with an epi! Didn't help that I was dilating at a snails pass, they had to give me potossin and break my water and yet they still called it an easy birth for my first one! :rofl:

I'm sorry I don't have time to go back and catch up right now. Addyson is going through a growth spurt right now and I've been breasting feeding every two hours which is just draining me. We're absolutely in love with our little girl but I don't know how you ladies with a toddler are about to embark on this very full time job again!!!!???? May God bless us with strength!

I am so so so very happy to see your update!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is stunning!

Take care MOMMY and get plenty of rest when you can. Don't worry about us! Check in when you can!

Love ya girl!!!!

Tiger congrats Hun she is beautiful xxxxx

Tiger - Congratulations! Enjoy your new daughter - she looks precious.:kiss:

Tiger - CONGRATS!!! :wohoo: What a cutie! Glad to hear that all is well. Take care, and keep in touch when you can.

:happydance:

CONGRATULATIONS TIGER!

Addyson Maryanna is gorgeous.

Not long now chilli! Unless baby has arrived already!

Chilli - Not long now. Or maybe you're already home cuddling your little girl. Waiting for an update when you can.

Blue - :hi:

Try - Glad to hear all went well with the scan. :thumbup:

AFM, we had our scan today. We both were on :cloud9: after seeing our little princess again! She's still a girl, so we won't need to return any of the pink stuff. :thumbup: Not quite sure how the tech managed to get the measurements that were needed, coz believe me when I say she was all over the place!! It was just amazing to see!!! All the measurements look good, and they didn't have any concerns about anything (knock on wood!)

28 week check up, and glucose testing in 4 weeks. Here are some pics from today's scan. Looks like someone's already working on her sucking reflex. :winkwink: We also got the crib, mattress & changing table delivered, so plan to put it together this weekend! Tomorrow I'll be registering for childbirth & breastfeeding classes, so that's one less thing to do as it gets closer to delivery time.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Neffie! She is beautiful! I am starting to get your bug now of preparing for our arrivals! I finally got the carseats last night and today I am going to try and get everything else that I need to get started incase they are here earlier then expected. I am ordering the cribs later tonight!

The glucose test for me wasnt that bad......I passed with flying colors! :)

Hope everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwww neffie, bless her sucking her thumb.

Have a great weekend girls.

Mum made us a pasta bake for dinner so no cooking for me tonight! :yipee:

Blue, I love when other people cook for you! Since second tri, I have not wanted to cook at all!

Hello Ladies!

Did you all have a good weekend. Im guessing that Chilli must have a babe in arms by now. I cant wait to hear from her.

We went out to lunch yesterday at a lovely local pub, I had roast beef and all the trimmings, another cooked Lunch Try, I could get used to this.

Oh and how funny, im an egg plant and guess what we have for dinner EGGPPLANT!! this was not planned, I bought it last week!!

How are you feeling Try? How long are you going to carry on working?

Happy 25 weeks Neffie :happydance:

Yes, blue, it also makes me wonder if Chilli also has her little baby in her arms! How exciting now that everyone is near or at the end.......! :happydance:

Still rooting for our best girls! Kels, Cla and mpepe!!! :flower:

Blue, lucky you!!! I need someone to cook for me! :lol:
I am going to stop working October 28th will be my last day. I need to rest, prepare more for these babies and try and keep them in as long as possible!!!!

How is work for you?

Eggplant for dinner, coincidence?...... :haha:

I have a growth scan tomorrow and on thrusday I have a regular obgyn appointment and to discuss me stopping work October 28th. I should see no problem in it as they wanted me to cut back working for months now and because he told me whenever I am ready he will write me a note to work.

Ok Ladies, back to work for me. Talk to you all soon!

P.S. Who is going to stay home with baby VS. who is going to go back to work??

Im glad you will be stoping work soon Try. I bet you cant wait to see your babies again tomo.

I am doing a 4 day week so Im coping ok, I am planning to finish work on 23rd dec, will be 36 weeks.

I am taking a year off work and will see about childcare etc, I would only do 2 days a week. Childcare is very expensive and I need to weigh up if working 2 days is worth it money wise. DH is very good, he is happy for me to stay at home.

Happy Monday Everyone :hi:

Chilli - I agree with the others...I hope your little girl is here by now. Waiting for an update when you have a chance, and also look forward to seeing some photos.

Try - Only a few more weeks before you stop working. It's good that you'll be able to rest up and get ready for the twins' arrivals. I plan on being home for about 12 weeks, and then it's back to work. Will be putting the LO in daycare. I have to say I'm so envious of the maternity leave laws in most of the other countries. I think the lawmakers in the states were on a snooze fest when determining the law here. :grr:

Blue - Happy 25 weeks to you too! :D Eggplant sounds delish! Gosh, I'm so jealous that you'll be able to take a year off. That's awesome! :thumbup:

AFM, the crib & changing table have found their places in the nursery. :thumbup: We also managed to find her bedding set & mattress liner over the weekend, so excited about that! Still have other things to put in place in the nursery, so will hold off on putting up the bedding until a little later. We found some cute wall decor online, so will probably go ahead and get that ordered this week. Also, almost done with our registry...only a few more tweaks to make.

Blue, wow finishing right at Christmas time! How lovely is that! And a year off work?! Awesome too! Is that a self decision or is that what your country/employment offers?

Neffie, I love reading how you are moving along so well and nice with preparing for your little girl! We only get UP TO 12 weeks off from work, based on your doctor's decision. They are super strict where I work (I work at a hospital yet, imagine that) They will give you 6 weeks off (unpaid) for a vaginal delivery AND a ceasearen section!!!! I havent decided if I am for sure staying home or looking for a better paying job once they are here. I want to stay home, but I am afraid financially for two infants in diapers and formula IF I cant breastfeed. We will see. :shrug:

Try - Wow, your job is really giving you the short end of the stick. We get 6 weeks with normal, and 8 weeks with a C-section. But then you have the option to extend up to 12 weeks with FMLA. Of course all of that is unpaid, but at least you have the option of having your job protected until 12 weeks. I still say that this whole policy is a load of crap!!! I've had friends from other countries fall to the floor upon hearing of how maternity leave works here.

I will be getting my maternity info from HR and will post how it works.

Neffie, I bet they did fall to the floor! Just like insurances and such. I hear alot of countries pay for childbirth and pay afterwards!

My sisters copay for having her son was nearly $5,000. She says she won;t officially own her son for 10 years! :lol:

But when teenage girls get pregnant, the government will pick them up on insurance through state insurance and they are covered. Does that make sense?

I'm grumpy and tired!

I wore the wrist splints two nights in a row and I slept better 2 nights in a row!

Growth scan this afternoon after work.

So sleeeeeepy!

Ok, so how did you all know it was a girl? I was convinced it was a boy evenwhen they showed her to me!

This is just a quick one to tell you all that my wonderful bundle of joy arrived last thursday lunchtime. We've called her Eleanora Patricia and she weighed 8lb6 (1 less than her sister) and was 22" long (same as her sister!) SHe has a thick head of dark brown hair - not as black as Dad and teeny grey brown eyes. I started having contractions having bought 2 pineapples (not eaten just bought) to bring it on! By 5 was serving up and eating dinner between contractions. Put J to bed and went to Bath about 7 (husband nearly crashing twice on the way as expected!!) only to be told no to any pain relief as had so far to go!!!! Screamed the place down til the ealry hours of the morning, then finally had a show in the bath and was allowed gas and air, next an epidural (phew!! Have one!!!!!) and hormone boost to speed things up. After an hour of pushing and the most amazing sensation of feeling her descending without any pain... she popped out and I could cuddle her. LOVELY!!!!!!! She is PERFECT, can't believe my luck - 2 perfect girls. SHe feeds really well but my poor nippples are still toughening up and slept in 2-3 intervals last night - so I'm off for a quick kip.

Many congrats to you too Tiger - aren't we SOOOOOO lucky!

Night night:sleep::sleep::sleep::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->