TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Hope you get on ok tomo at the appointments Try. Take care of yourself xxxx

I had my appt for the Non Stress Test this morning. It showed I am having contractions that are not regular but frequent at 1 1/2 to 3 minutes apart then entire time I was there.
They sent me to Labor and Delivery for more monitoring.
Again, it showed I am having some small to decent sized contractions ranging 1-3 minutes apart, fairly constant.
I was given an injeciton to try and stop the contractions and a shot in my right thigh of steriods to help mature the babies lungs, incase I have to have them soon.
I get another steriod shot for their lungs tomorrow. And I wouldn't be surprised if I get more injections to ease contractions as I am still feeling a bit of contractions still.
Needless to say, I had to stop work today. No more. I am officially on leave. I hope this doesn't screw up anything with the house or trying to get this dang loan. But I am at the point I don't care anymore. I am ready to rent again and just get ready for my babies.

We obviously do not want them here this early, and I am going to do all that I can to try and keep them growing and getting healthier.

but knowing that I could be having some teeny tiny babies with issues is scaring the shit out of me.

Try - Sorry to hear that. Looks like you have a lot going on right now. I'll be thinking of you, and keeping everything crossed that the twinnies stay put for quite a while. Glad to hear that you're done with work. I wouldn't worry too much about what they think. You did the right thing! Making sure that you do all of can to get the babies here safe and sound is the way to go. That stinks that the loan approval is not going as smoothly as planned. But again, that is not the #1 priority either. :hug:

Massive :hugs: Try, sending loads of positive vibes your way. Keep well and rest up. I hope the docs look after you well and give you everything you need to keep the babies in for as long as possible.

Take care thinking of you lots xxx

Try I hope everything will be ok and fingers crossed they stop them from coming early xx

thinking of you Try and hoping those babies hang on in there for now

Thanks everyone :hugs:

My contractions are decently strong this morning and giving me alot of back pain and they kinda hurt more now. I have an appointment at 11am to get another steriod shot for their lungs and I am going to mention the contractions are getting stronger.....I thought the shot is supposed to stop them?.......Maybe they can give me another shot or some meds.......

Will try and keep you all posted! :)

Thanks for updating us Try, Hope the shots have helped today and the contractions have slowed down. Lots of love and :hugs:

Chilli, congratulations on your baby girl! Eleanora is a beautiful name!

Try, I really hope your little girl isn't as small as they are predicting. Perhaps it's just harder to see all of her to get an accurate US? Even if you can hold off one more week, it will help with the babies' lungs, I don't know anyone who even went to 38wks with twins. Good luck sweetie!

I might have missed it, but did you get the tests results back yet Neffie? Is everything okay with you?

Blue, is your cold gone? Are you feeling better?

How are you doing Cla?

Things are going well here, BFing is definitely frustrating. It usually takes her an hour to feed with trying to get her up every three hours and changing diapers, burping, and getting her to stay awake long enough for a decent feeding but it is getting easier. It's still surreal, I can't believe this beautiful baby was growing in me! I feel so blessed!

Try - Thinking of you. :hugs:

Tiger - Good to hear from you! Glad to hear that things are starting to get a little easier...I'm sure the first few weeks are anything but easy. Thanks for asking about the test results. It's actually for my sister in law. She's still waiting for an update on the results. Hopefully we'll have an answer (and a positive one at that) soon. We're really hoping things work out for her.

Blue - :hi:

Chilli - Looks like you're enjoying your time with Eleanora. Hope all's well.

AFM, we will be going to interview a pediatrician tomorrow. We'll probably interview a few more, so wanted to get the process going. Also have registered for childbirth & breastfeeding classes at the hospital. Nursery is also making some progress. :thumbup:

Thanks for updating us Try, Hope the shots have helped today and the contractions have slowed down. Lots of love and :hugs:

The contractions did slow down before I even made it to my appointment, so I casually mentioned them to one of the OBGYN's there who see me. He didn't say much or hardly even look at me, just kept staring into my file. :shrug: Not one of my favorite doctors I'd have to say.
They want me at their office 1x a week for a NST (non stress test to monitor their heart rates and contractions) and drop my maternal fetal medicnine appts to 1x a week (I am already at 2-3/wk). I got my steriod shot and nothing else. I lost 4lbs since last week. But I have noticed my swelling went down some, so maybe?.....:shrug: Plus my tummy is so so so low....

Chilli, congratulations on your baby girl! Eleanora is a beautiful name!

Try, I really hope your little girl isn't as small as they are predicting. Perhaps it's just harder to see all of her to get an accurate US? Even if you can hold off one more week, it will help with the babies' lungs, I don't know anyone who even went to 38wks with twins. Good luck sweetie!

I might have missed it, but did you get the tests results back yet Neffie? Is everything okay with you?

Blue, is your cold gone? Are you feeling better?

How are you doing Cla?

Things are going well here, BFing is definitely frustrating. It usually takes her an hour to feed with trying to get her up every three hours and changing diapers, burping, and getting her to stay awake long enough for a decent feeding but it is getting easier. It's still surreal, I can't believe this beautiful baby was growing in me! I feel so blessed!

I am petrified about screwing up bfing! You are a blessed strong mommy, and it is so all worth it! I bet she has the most beautiful cheeks, eyes and little baby smile in her sleep. :cloud9: I hope you find some time to nap or pamper yourself a bit?..... :hugs:

My mother made it to term (they let you go 40 weeks then) with my sisters who are twins. And my cousin went to term with their b/g twins.....I am thinking genetics and I should go term....but then again I am much more active, working at the hospital requires me to walk and stand for 8 hours a day, the stress of buying a house in time for these babies, etc etc I think has played alot on my pregnancy lately. "stress"....if things fall into place and I can relax a bit more then maybe that'll help :shrug:

But I am very happy to know they have steriod shots to helpmature their lungs which is giving me hope.

Try - Thinking of you. :hugs:

Tiger - Good to hear from you! Glad to hear that things are starting to get a little easier...I'm sure the first few weeks are anything but easy. Thanks for asking about the test results. It's actually for my sister in law. She's still waiting for an update on the results. Hopefully we'll have an answer (and a positive one at that) soon. We're really hoping things work out for her.

Blue - :hi:

Chilli - Looks like you're enjoying your time with Eleanora. Hope all's well.

AFM, we will be going to interview a pediatrician tomorrow. We'll probably interview a few more, so wanted to get the process going. Also have registered for childbirth & breastfeeding classes at the hospital. Nursery is also making some progress. :thumbup:

:hugs: Thanks You!

When does your sil plan on hearing anything else about the testing?

Yay for the pediatrician! I still have not done that yet as I wanted one close to where we are going to live IF we ever get this house! I need one asap!
When do you start the classes?.....I found the breastfeeding class very informative!

Also, when making another appointment yesterday before leaving the OBGYN/Midwives Office, they suggested I see ONLY doctors from now on as they believe I can only have a doctor deliver the babies, they also mentioned C-section quite a few times. Eeeeeeck!

Try - Glad to hear that the contractions have eased up! :thumbup: It's a good thing that they're going to be monitoring you closely. Looks like genetics is on your side if your mother & sister both made it all the way before delivering....definitely a reassuring sign!

We have the childbirth class in a few weeks, and the breastfeeding class in December. Also, looks like we have found our pediatrician! :happydance: Our appointment went very well, and we loved the doctor. We're confident that our LO will be in good hands!

Hello Lovely ladies.

Great to hear from you Tiger! Sounds very busy in your house. I cant believe how quickly those few weeks have gone.

I have Still got a stuffy nose but feel much better thanks!

Try - im so relieved to hear things are better for you. Just take care and rest up.

Busy day at work for me and im soooooo tired. Now going to cook pork stir fry, Im starving.

P.s Try ur pic is gorgeous!!

Try - Glad to hear that the contractions have eased up! :thumbup: It's a good thing that they're going to be monitoring you closely. Looks like genetics is on your side if your mother & sister both made it all the way before delivering....definitely a reassuring sign!

We have the childbirth class in a few weeks, and the breastfeeding class in December. Also, looks like we have found our pediatrician! :happydance: Our appointment went very well, and we loved the doctor. We're confident that our LO will be in good hands!

:happydance: for finding a great pediatrician!!!! Hooray!

Keep us posted on how you like your classes!

Hello Lovely ladies.

Great to hear from you Tiger! Sounds very busy in your house. I cant believe how quickly those few weeks have gone.

I have Still got a stuffy nose but feel much better thanks!

Try - im so relieved to hear things are better for you. Just take care and rest up.

Busy day at work for me and im soooooo tired. Now going to cook pork stir fry, Im starving.

P.s Try ur pic is gorgeous!!

Thanks Love! :hugs:

Pork stir fry huh? Sounds tastey! Enjoy dinner!

Kick that little cold in the arse Blue! :haha:

Excuse me all if I don't respond much to your news, I have read it all but am VERY sleep deprived and nothing much stays in - I had forgotten how hollow your head gets!

IT's all good though and am looking forward (as well as a bit scared) to a week with both my girls on my own!!!??? wish me luck...

Try - I'm checking in lots to see how things are with you

Chilli, don't apologize for not being on much! I know for sure i probably won't be on too much at first! Baby, Family and sleep comes first!

Is your husband going away?...Is there anyone who can help you if you need it?...

Good Luck!!!!!

I had another NST this morning and my contractions are now 8-9 minutes apart which is better than the other day. I was told to call if I have them closer together or if they get too painful. But other than that, the babies looked good on ultrasound. Their fluid is really good which still gives them alot of room to dart around and flip. The babies have hair on their head, with the little man in the lead with hair, because he has lots of it! :lol:

I did not have a growth scan today too see if she caught up, but they will give me a growth scan next friday. NST on monday.

Hooray its Friday!!!!! :dance:

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

All sounds great Try, keep on growing big and strong for Mummy...

Hi chilli, we totally understand. Good luck for next week, you will be brilliant.

Hi Everyone else :hi:

Have lovely weekend, Im sooooo busy seeing people this weekend, I could really do without it I know that sounds bad but I need to get stuff done at home.

Cold is slowly on its way out, I sound like an elephant according to people I work with, or were they saying I look like one!!! :haha:

:rofl: I'm sure you don't look like one! I feel the same way about company right now. Could really do without it. Have you been able to get what you wanted to get done?
Happy 27 weeks! :flower:

I have a NST this afternoon at my regular doctor's office.

Chilli, your profile pic is super duper cute!!!! Look at all that hair on baby girl!

Awwwwwwwwwwww Chilli, that is sucha gorgeous pic, bought tears to my eyes!!! so sweet.

Try - DH did the housework for me when I was out on saturday :)
We have this weekend free to start clearing out the spare room for the nursery. Its already painted and carpeted, just need to buy a wardrobe,chest of drawers and a cot. I need to get some new curtains that will suit a boy.

Hope this arvo goes well, How have you been feeling?

Happy 27 weeks Neffie!! we are third tri now. Wow, Im so happy to be here!

Hey everyone else, hope you are all ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->