TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

congrats on third tri girls!

hope goes well for you today try

i'm shattered and had big arguement with OH so not feeling too good!

quick question for stateside girls - what is the attitude like to BFing in public in Miami? will be there in jan and don't want to get into any trouble????

Try - Hope all goes well at the scan today. Thinking of you!

Blue - Happy 3rd tri to you as well! :dance: It doesn't seem too long now before our LOs are here. Glad to hear that the cold is on it's way out. :thumbup:

Chilli - Love the new avatar pic! Sorry to hear about your fight with OH, hope things get better soon. As for your question on BFing in public, I think it should be fine as long as you've got some sort of a wrap or a cover over the boobies. :shrug:

AFM, the nursery is coming along well. We got a rug over the weekend, and we think it fits in very well with everything else. Bless OH, he has been amazing throughout the pregnancy! He's done so much work around the house trying to get every little detail in place before his little darling gets here. :cloud9:

We're Looking forward to our childbirth class this weekend. Also have the glucose test scheduled for next week. Blue, when is yours?

Have a great day everyone!

:hugs: Chilli hope u and OH have made up.

Neffie we start our classes next tuesday and as for glucose test I dont think they do them here unless they think you need it. I will be seeing midwife 2 weeks today so will find out more then.

Chilli, I hope you guys have made up by now. :hugs: How is baby girl and big sissy??

Neffie, your DH sounds like a doll! :cloud9:
Good Luck for the glucose test and have fun and take it all in at the childbirth classes!! :flower:

Blue, Hey girl! :hi:

:hi: Tiger, Cla! xxoo

I have been so busy with bills and trying to get little things ready for the babies since I have been told to stop working last week. Last night was a horrible sleeping night. I have such crampy pain in my left side and back. I am trying not to look too much into it unless it becomes unbearable. 34 weeks this friday! Holy Canoli!

And you girls are also flying along too with your pregnancies!!!!

Does anyone know how I would move this group to a different section?.....

Hi Try, im not sure how you would move a group. I suppose you could just start another
thread that we could join.

I hope you are taking it easy, when is your next appointment?

:hi: everyone else, hope you are all havin a good week.

I'm taking it easy, Thanks. Are you taking it easy?.....

I have a regular check up with one of the OBGYN's today (I see them weekly....blah)....I dont like the one I am seeing today NOR do I like the one I am seeing next week either. They don't look at you, just your chart.

I suppose I'll have to make a new thread. :( Kinda stinky though as I wanted to keep this one.

Well, hubby called me last night and said after our conditions were met we got the approval (again). An appraiser is going out to the house today or tomorrow and will send everything to the bank. Then the bank will review and watch our everything to make sure there are no changes in the meantime. HOWEVER I have been pointed not to work since last week. I really hope this doesn't affect it, even though I know it could, I hope it doesnt.

Have a good day ladies! :wave:

Try - You can send a request to the administrator asking for the thread to be moved to another section. If that doesn't work, then you might just have to open up a new thread. Great news on the loan approval, hope is all works out for you! I'm sure having to see the docs so often is a hassle, but on the other hand it's good to know how the twinnies are doing. Yay for tomorrow, happy 34 weeks in advance! :lol:

Blue - Have fun at your classes next week. Which ones are you taking?

Chilli/Tiger - :hi:

AFM, my sister in law got her bloodwork back and got some reassuring news. Looks like things will be fine with the baby, and she is not considered high risk anymore. She's still going to get the amnio done to be 100% sure, but the news has definitely been a huge relief for the entire family, phewww!

Other than that, the nursery is coming along well. We got a new rug put in since we have carpet in that room. Looking forward to the childbirth class this weekend. Glucose test is next week, which I'm not looking forward to.

Try yay about the house! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly. Not really been taking it easy this week but have the weekend kinda free so plan to relax at some point.

Neffie, they are antenatal classes, they are free. Im not sure what to expect.

Being bad tonight, just ordered burger and chips take out! not very nutritious!

Try - You can send a request to the administrator asking for the thread to be moved to another section. If that doesn't work, then you might just have to open up a new thread. Great news on the loan approval, hope is all works out for you! I'm sure having to see the docs so often is a hassle, but on the other hand it's good to know how the twinnies are doing. Yay for tomorrow, happy 34 weeks in advance! :lol:

Blue - Have fun at your classes next week. Which ones are you taking?

Chilli/Tiger - :hi:

AFM, my sister in law got her bloodwork back and got some reassuring news. Looks like things will be fine with the baby, and she is not considered high risk anymore. She's still going to get the amnio done to be 100% sure, but the news has definitely been a huge relief for the entire family, phewww!

Other than that, the nursery is coming along well. We got a new rug put in since we have carpet in that room. Looking forward to the childbirth class this weekend. Glucose test is next week, which I'm not looking forward to.

Thanks NEFFIE!!

I am so relieved for you and your SIL and her family! Thank Goodness!
Have fun at your childbirth class this weekend! Which one are you doing?

I now have to see MFM/high risk doctors 2x a week. Baby girl dropped again, so did our boy, but she dropped alot. We are now under the dreaded 10% they didnt want either of them to go to. She is 6%!

He weighs approx. 4lbs 15oz! She weighs anywhere between 3lbs 15oz and 4lbs 2oz!......

Everything else looks good but their size, especially hers. So now they want to be extra extra cautious!

Try yay about the house! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly. Not really been taking it easy this week but have the weekend kinda free so plan to relax at some point.

Neffie, they are antenatal classes, they are free. Im not sure what to expect.

Being bad tonight, just ordered burger and chips take out! not very nutritious!

Thanks BLUE!! We are supposed to get 6"-10" of snow tonight through tomorrow so I plan on playing in it with my daughter and going for a fresh donut run and watch some holiday stuff to get her excited about the holidays. What a nerd, I know......we didnt even celebrate Halloween yet! lol

I LOVE burgers!!! One of my favorite foods! Yummmmm

How are you both feeling???

Happy 34 weeks Try, have the babies lost weight or is it that they are not gaining the amount they expect? sorry to ask I just dont quite understand.

Enjoy the weekend with your daughter.

We just went for an Indian and met friends in the Pub. Didn't stay long as im sooooo tired. Im feeling good, cant complain. Just the odd aches here and there.

Have a lovely weekend all!

Our boy gained roughly 15 ounces in two weeks which is pretty good.

Our girl gained only 4 ounces in two weeks which is not good, but at least she gained "something".

Both babies should roughly be 5 1/2 pounds.....they are both under weight....but my poor girl is very small!

I was hoping for a growth spurt for them the past two weeks and I will continue to hope for a nice huge growth spurt in the next week and the following week etc.....

Enjoy your weekend as well! Hope you do some relaxing!

Keep growing big and strong for Mommy Twins!!

I have filled 2 bin bags with lots of rubbish and have a pile for charity and ebay. So far clearing out is going well. I just dont have much storage. They dont build newer (15yrs) houses with any cupboard space. My Mum is coming over shortly bringing lunch and helping out.

Have fun blue! I hope you get lots of cleaning out done and organizing!

Don't you feel so accomplished when everything is said and done?

AFM, we are having a small snow storm as they call it. I love it! It normally doesnt even show a hint of snow until around Thanksgiving (end of November), so to have snow before Halloween is pretty rare! My daughter, husband and I love it! We are very wintery people. As it comes naturally because we are from the Pocono's Pennsylvania, where its all about winter! ;)

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

Hi :hi:

I got loads done yesterday, feels so good! We are having a chill out day today. I am making a chicken roast for dinner. Happy days!!

I love snow Try, I bet it looks beautiful. Its lovely to snuggle up in doors when its cold out.

Enjoy your sunday x

MmmmMmmmm (licks lips!).....sounds delicious!

I have no idea what to make for dinner. We just had dippy eggs, wheat toast, turkey bacon and sausage for breakfast. Our daughter is playing Toy Story on the Wii, and I am looking through toy ad's from the newspaper for idea's for christmas gifts.

We are going to the movies later to see Puss in Boots in 3D (the cat from Shrek).....we were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch today but with snow and ice, the pumpkins are going to rot as soon as we get them anyway.

So chilli and tiger, I have a question for you.

I think I have lost some/most/all of my mucus plug. I am not sure how big it is supposed to be. But it's quarter size, thick, mostly clear with a dab of white and lumped in a ball. No blood or blood streaks in it, just a super gross blob.

Is this the mucus plug?.......I only remember little pieces with my daughter, but never a clump.

I feel dumb for asking, and I want to call my doctor but I am afraid they'll send me to Labor and Delivery (also since I had horrifc contractions last night that gradually got less painful). I'm not ready yet to go, lol, I am washing my hospital pajama's as we speak and packing my bag. I really want to avoid having them this week, especially today, as it's Halloween and the first anniversary of my brother's suicide.

If you gals have any idea's on the mucus plug thing, please share!

I have read online that it blocks bacteria from getting into the uterus and it could mean labor is hours, days or even weeks away!

:hugs: Try.

Gosh I dont know about the mucus plug, it could be some of it. Can you call the midwife just to see what they say? When are you due in for your next appointment?

Try - I've heard that the mucous plug can come out all at once, or in parts. I don't have much advice for you, but I do know that the risk for infection goes up once the plug is lost. My 2 cents would be to call the doctor to be on the safer side. They may tell you to just stay put, but it's better knowing for sure than not. I hope the twinnies continue snuggling in your tummy for a bit longer. Thinking of you!

Blue - Happy 28 weeks/eggplant! :dance: Funny story....there is a restaurant where I live that boasts that their eggplant parmesan is supposed to make you go into labor. You get your money back if nothing happens within 24 hours of eating it...interesting ehh?? Will keep that on my list of to do things if I go overdue. :winkwink:

AFM, childbirth class this weekend was very informative! :thumbup: The birthing video wasn't as torturous as I had expected it to be, and I can say I feel more reassured and comfortable after having been to the class. Other than that, continuing to clean and organize around the house. We've made quite a bit of progress, but there's still much to be done.

Glucose test is set for Thursday. Hoping that I'll pass without any issues, and won't have to go in for the 3 hour test....

Happy 28 weeks Neffie!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds delicious!! I will have to try and make it if I go over! 12 weeks to go! im so flippin excited. Start my classes tomo evening so looking forward to that.

How r u now Try?

I am due in tomorrow afternoon for a NST, then growth scan then my obgyn appt to follow. I did research and such today and everything I read says you can go into labor hours, days or even weeks after losing it, so now I am not so worried. My contractions are no where near as strong as they were last night, which I am attributing to sex. No more sex. :lol:

I try real hard to not be the pain in the ass mom to be and ride things out as long as I can. If anything changes then I will call.

Wow girls, 28 weeks!!!! Hooray! :dance:

Have any of you picked names yet?

I have a list...........lol

Neffie, I am glad you liked your classes! Good Luck for your sugar test!!!

Blue, how exciting you start your classes tomorrow! Keep us posted on how you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->