TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Hi Ladies,

Antenatal class was good, we talked about hospital bag and early stages of labour. looking forward to next week. The midwife taking the class was very nice.

Busy day at work, my back kills me sitting a a desk all day. I have a support but its rubbish and I try and get up and walk about. Anyway Im home now so will stop moaning :haha:

How is everyone doing?

How r those babies Tiger and Chilli?

Ooooh cool glad your class went well! I like them because they really try to get you a little more prepared! Have you watched a video of birth yet?.....

Hope your back feels better!!!!

NST and growth scan tomorrow. I am trying to have a good feeling that my babies had big growth spurts in the past week! Fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks Blue!!! My appointment is in one hour! I am so nervous but hoping and praying they got much bigger and can stay put!

The appraisal went well with the house and the broker told my husband that we should drive by the house and look at it again because its our house.He also said we should be signing the contract to settle/close on the house next week. I reallyhope so, or this guy will have two big ol' black eyes!

We were supposed to settle on this house last month. I'd love some good news about the babies and the house. Perfect scenario: Babies growth went up lots and can stay put until 38 weeks/39 weeks....we settle on the house next week and move in and paint and set up for them BEFORE they come! :cloud9:

Wishing thinking......:lol:

Hope everyone is doing well!

Try - Hope your scan went well. I sure hope you get the double (well, triple :winkwink:) good news you're expecting. Hope the twinnies are growing nice and strong, and that you can close on the house and have everything ready before their arrival.

Blue - Glad to hear that your classes went well. Hope your back feels better soon!

Chilli/Tiger - Hope you and the little ones are doing well. :hi:

AFM, passed my 1 hour glucose test yesterday, hoorah! I have to admit that I rather enjoyed the drink. :winkwink: It was nice and chilled so maybe that helped....it was definitely flat tasting, but was a lot better than I thought. The little one is doing well (knock on wood!). She was moving all over the place, and even kicked at the doc during the doppler session. We have scheduled our 4D scan for next weekend, so really looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend everyone! I won't be posting on here much if any over the next week, as it's going to be super hectic at work. Will try and keep up with all your posts though as much as possible. :kiss:

I'm very tired thanks for asking - Ella is gaining weight and is more than 10 lbs now. Where have the last 4 weeks gone?

Am watching you all just too tired to respond. Try - hoping to hear you had good news today with those twinnies

Try - Hope your scan went well. I sure hope you get the double (well, triple :winkwink:) good news you're expecting. Hope the twinnies are growing nice and strong, and that you can close on the house and have everything ready before their arrival.

Blue - Glad to hear that your classes went well. Hope your back feels better soon!

Chilli/Tiger - Hope you and the little ones are doing well. :hi:

AFM, passed my 1 hour glucose test yesterday, hoorah! I have to admit that I rather enjoyed the drink. :winkwink: It was nice and chilled so maybe that helped....it was definitely flat tasting, but was a lot better than I thought. The little one is doing well (knock on wood!). She was moving all over the place, and even kicked at the doc during the doppler session. We have scheduled our 4D scan for next weekend, so really looking forward to that!

Have a great weekend everyone! I won't be posting on here much if any over the next week, as it's going to be super hectic at work. Will try and keep up with all your posts though as much as possible. :kiss:

Wow, you have a 4D scan coming up! How awesome! I love when they kick and punch, its so amazing to feel! I am glad the glucose drink didn't bother you! I got slightly nauseated from it! Have fun at work! I hope the week goes fast for you so you can relax!

I got no news on friday. they did not do the growth scan like I had thought. They said they only do a growth scan every 2 weeks, so this coming friday will be my growth scan. I had a biophysicial scan and they scored 8 out of 8 (fluid, blood flow etc look good), an NST which showed my contractions aree a bit stronger but still 8-10 minutes apart. I have an NST tomorrow and a obgyn appt tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted on fridays appt.

I'm very tired thanks for asking - Ella is gaining weight and is more than 10 lbs now. Where have the last 4 weeks gone?

Am watching you all just too tired to respond. Try - hoping to hear you had good news today with those twinnies

I have gotten no news. But I am holding out hope they are both going through growth spurts! Would be awesome!

How is everyone doing? How are baby bellies and delivered babies?.....

Hey there Try :hi: I bet those twinnies are growing well in there.

Just back from Midwife appointment, all well. Baby is still breach but plenty of time to turn. I measure exactly 29 weeks so thats good and his HB was 150-155. I had bloods taken and an anti D shot. I was thinking it was going to be painful but the midwife was very gentle and it was fine!!

Happy 29 weeks Neffie :happydance:

Try - Great results on your biophysical scan! :thumbup: Hope all goes well at the scan on Friday.

Blue - Happy 29 weeks to you as well bump buddy! :dance: It doesn't seem that far away now, does it? Great news on your appointment. Don't worry, the little one still has plenty to time to turn. I'm curious to see what position our little girl is in as well. Will find out this weekend.

Try - Thanks for keeping up with me and leaving me a nessage! I forgot to update this thead :blush:

So I had my wee boy Indigo James on 10/10 after a long labor and more interventions than I would have liked but holding him in my arms at the end of it all was the most precious moment ever.

3 days old
DSC_0089.jpg

Had my regular appointment yesterday with my obgyn and had the group strep b swab done that is done at or around 36 weeks.

I am 1cm dilated, 50% effaced.

The growth scan is this friday at 930am along with my NST.

This is it ladies. If my kiddos arent growing properly,theyll send me right over to L&D to deliver these babies UNLESS 1) they had huge growth spurts 2) If he flips, then I may have to schedule out a C-section.

So far he is head down still, which still explains all the pressure there when I walk. But she has flipped again to a breech position.

To be on the safe side,it doesn't hurt to have my bags packed and in my car for this appointment they mentioned.

Just thought I'd update you guys.

Its been quiet in here lately. I hope everyone is alright! :wave:

Grandbleu, he is so handsome! I love his dimple and navy blue sure is a great color for him!!! I am very sorry to hear that there were so many issues with your labor and that it was very long. :hugs:

Indigo is beautiful!!!! :kiss:

Did you go naturally or have to be induced?

Very pleased for you!!!!

Hi Try! - I labored naturally for 15 hours and the pain and fatigue got too much so I got an Epi - but my progression stalled - after 24 hours C-section was 10 minutes away and miraculously Indigo finally engaged well and I dilated fully - I had to have an episiotomy and vacuum though but I got to pull him out (when his head and shoulders were out) and put him skin ti skin so that made the whole process worth it.

I can't believe your prince and princess are here. With my sister and I she was head down and I was breech but after my sis was delivered I had room and flipped on my own so your little girl may do the same. Good luck at your appointment!

Congrats Grand! He is gorgeous.

Try, Will be thinking about you and the twins friday, So do you think as you are 1cm dilated they will have you in? or will they just leave you a bit longer if the babes are growing ok. Im not sure how it all works once you start to dilate. You look after yourself. Hope you are taking it easy xx

Had my second antenatal class last night. DH had to get on all fours to show birthing position, it was very funny bless him. No one else was going to get up and do it so he volunteered.

:hugs: to everyone xxx

Grand - he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! You must be so pleased... and probably as exhausted as I am?

Try - eek, you're amazing for managing to stay so calm about your situation, you know I'm hoping that all goes really well for you - hang on in there!

Hi to everyone else

AFM - got 4 and a half hours uninterrupted sleep last night - Yipeeeee - almost human today and Joss gave me a huge naked hug as I did her bath - I think she recognised her Mummy again

Hi Try! - I labored naturally for 15 hours and the pain and fatigue got too much so I got an Epi - but my progression stalled - after 24 hours C-section was 10 minutes away and miraculously Indigo finally engaged well and I dilated fully - I had to have an episiotomy and vacuum though but I got to pull him out (when his head and shoulders were out) and put him skin ti skin so that made the whole process worth it.

I can't believe your prince and princess are here. With my sister and I she was head down and I was breech but after my sis was delivered I had room and flipped on my own so your little girl may do the same. Good luck at your appointment!

Oh my goodness! :hugs: I had the episiotmoy with my DD and did not like it at all, but hey, whatever needs to be done. I am glad you were able to have him vaginally and to have the true birthing experience. Wow, what our bodies can do! :flower: I think thats awesome that YOU got to pull him out and lay him right on you!

They mentioned to me that after he was delivered, they can fit a hand in there and one on my tummy and turn her if needed. Sounds quite painful if you ask me!

One more day until my appointment.
I am nervous but just ready to know how my babies are!

Congrats Grand! He is gorgeous.

Try, Will be thinking about you and the twins friday, So do you think as you are 1cm dilated they will have you in? or will they just leave you a bit longer if the babes are growing ok. Im not sure how it all works once you start to dilate. You look after yourself. Hope you are taking it easy xx

Had my second antenatal class last night. DH had to get on all fours to show birthing position, it was very funny bless him. No one else was going to get up and do it so he volunteered.

:hugs: to everyone xxx

Lots and lots of people start to dilate and efface and they are sent home. But if her growth is still really low they will just send me over for the safety of her/his growth/nutrition. If he is head down still when/if they send me, they will induce labor (which I really really don't want to do....I had to be induced with my DD and it hurt and I was miserable).....If babies had growth spurts, especially her, I am sure they will send me home with a hug and a plan for 38 weeks/39 weeks if they aren't here by then!

Grand - he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! You must be so pleased... and probably as exhausted as I am?

Try - eek, you're amazing for managing to stay so calm about your situation, you know I'm hoping that all goes really well for you - hang on in there!

Hi to everyone else

AFM - got 4 and a half hours uninterrupted sleep last night - Yipeeeee - almost human today and Joss gave me a huge naked hug as I did her bath - I think she recognised her Mummy again

Yay! 4.5 hours of sleep!!!!! :dance:
Awww Joss sounds so stinking cute!!!!
Are you breastfeeding?

I am trying to stay calm as I am petrified I will raise my blood pressure or put these babies into stress.

This sounds super crazy, but I still feel as if this is not real. I cannot picture what my babies are going to look like or hold them, etc.....I am getting nervous about their well being and the delivery of them. I am just afraid something is going to happen. Probably just the pre-delivery jitters.

But I hope they are a good size when delivered so I can hold them and see them insteadof them being swept away to the NICU for observation. My mind is everywhere lately!

So because I am nervous about tomorrow's appointment, I plan on scrubbing the whole house top to bottom, washing all the sheets, comforters, quilts, toilets and tubs, and prepare a few meals and snacks so hubby and DD will be fine while I am gone and everything is clean.

Hey Chilli lovely to hear from you :hugs:

Good luck tomo Try, hope all goes well and you can come home and put your feet up for a couple more weeks xx

Thanks Blue!!!

I am very nervous for today! One hour 15 minutes until my appointment. Non stress test is first followed by the dreaded growth scan!

I would be so happy if they had huge growth spurts!!!! :)

Wish me Luck!

Thanks again Blue! Have a good day! Hopefully I will be updating later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->