TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Glad you are all ok Chilli. Thanks for dropping by to see us :hugs:

Hey everyone else :hi:

Had my work xmas meal last night. It was ok, food wasn't great. But I managed to get the table 2 free bottles of wine (although I couldnt have any lol)

Happy 34 weeks Neffie :happydance:

Midwife in 40 mins. Then a lunch xmas lunch with my friend. Lovely xx

Chilli - :hi:. Good to hear from you. Have a wonderful trip!

Blue - Happy 34 weeks! :xmas12: Only 6 weeks to go!!!! :saywhat: Hope all goes well at the appointment, and enjoy your x-mas lunch.

Try - Hope you're doing well.

Cla - How are you?

AFM, spent a day at the spa this weekend courtesy of my wonderful OH. :kiss: Calling it lovely would be an understatement. Relished every minute of it, especially the prenatal massage....IT WAS HEAVEN!! :cloud9: We have our baby shower this weekend. Looking forward to it!

Thanks Neffie!

Oh bless your man for doing that for you. Sounds amazing. Have a great baby shower.

Midwife was ok, baby's hb was quick today 160-170 she said it was cos he was moving about.

Had a lovely lunch and then cake in a quirky tea shop.

Have an awesome baby shower Neffie!!! ope you get everything you need!

Blue, hope you had a really nice lunch! Boy your little man is moving all about huh! :)

Hey Cla and Chilli!!! :wave:

I have posted an ad online to find a nanny to care for the babies in my home while I'm working. IF I hear nothing in the next week on any good offers or affordable offers, I am going to have to be a stay at home mom and look to do some side work from home. I called everywhere local and for two newborns and after school care for my DD, the prices ranged from $423/week to $450/week. I cannot afford that. I would have not a dime left of my paycheck.

I dont want to stay home because I love the people at work but I think that is what is going to happen.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Child care is so flipping expensive. I am going to try and fit in work around DH (evenings and wknds) And my Mum has 1 day off a week. It really would'nt be worth my while paying for childcare.

I hope you can sort something out.

Cant believe the Twins are a month already. Bless them. Cant wait to see some more pics soon x

Thanks Blue!

I will have to post pictures soon.

My husband is not OK with me working a different shift from him. He doesnt want to never see me. So it either has to work for us or not. I have gotten a few responses from ladies for my nanny position, but I am trying to iron out the details before giving them my phone number and interviewing them. One girl sounds so nice, but she is only 19 and would have to drive 45 minutes here every day with her 2 year old. Thats not going to work for me. Her age isnt bad, but how is she going to give my newborns and my dd the attention they need when she has a 2 year old to chase after as well?......

Ugh!

This is so hard!

Hopefully you figure out your child care situation as well!

Try - I hope you're able to figure out the child care situation soon, and that you get the best care for the twinnies at the most reasonable price. It's definitely not cheap even with 1 child, let alone 2...:wacko: I'll be using daycare for our LO, and it's going to cost an arm and a leg at any reputable center. On the flipside, there are cheaper places but the reviews are not all that great so I'm not willing to compromise there. I wish I could stay home longer with her, but will have to get back to work pretty quickly. :(

Can't wait to see updated pics of the babies. :baby:

Blue - That's great if you can avoid paying for child care. :thumbup:

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping well. Is everyone ready for Christmas??

I have finished shopping, just waiting for a couple of things I ordered online. We are out everyday round other peoples so I dont have to worry about cooking and doing a big shop which is great.

Happy 35 weeks Neffie. Have you packed your bag yet??? I have got nearly everything to put in but need to actually pack.

All you Mummys must be so excited to have your babies first Christmas! :happydance:

Hey Blue! :hi:

I am not ready for Christmas, but luckily we are not doing exchanging this year with anyone. We just have to get for DD and for his parents and a little something for each other.

I am starting to get the hang of being out and about with the babies, but it is very difficult at times. Very time consuming. They are going through another growth spurt at the moment....eating more and often....

Kiera went from 4lb 4oz when coming home from hospital to 6lb 12oz 4 weeks later! :) But she is still in the 1st %tile and needs to stay on preemie formula.

Preston went from 5lb 8oz when coming home from hospital to 8lb 8oz 4 weeks later! :)
He went from 3rd %tile to 15th %tile, he is still being watched like Kiera but he is allowed to try other formulas.

One crib out of the two I ordered came in to the store, so I have to pick it up this week. I cant wait until everything settles down and is done!

I havent found a nanny I loved yet, but one I like....pending background checks....we will see!

Have a good week everyone! Will try and hop on again soon!

Cla! Hope you and beanie are well!

Neffie and blue, happy 35 weeks!

Blue - Happy 35 weeks! :xmas8: We're inching our way towards holding our beautiful babies in our arms. I haven't started on my hospital bag yet...I need to get it done this week, as well as wash her sheets, towels, clothes, etc. I too have everything I need (I think)...just need to get that bag zipped up.

Try - Sounds like the twinnies are making great progress, that's great to hear! :thumbup: Hope all works out with the nanny of your choice, and enjoy putting up the crib! Will be waiting for updated pics of Kiera & Preston when you have a breather. :winkwink:

AFM, it was a hectic weekend! The baby shower was lovely, and we had a great time. Also, the people at work threw me a surprise shower on Friday, so it was a double treat. :) I think we're in good shape. Now I just need my little one in my arms. :cloud9:

On a sad note, today is the anniversary of my lost angel. :cry: I won't lie, it's been a tough day today, but at the same time I'm so grateful and happy to have my beautiful daughter growing inside of me.

I probably won't be on here the next couple of days, so wanted to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :xmas9:

Merry Christmas to everyone. :xmas6:

Neffie hope you were ok on the anniversary of your angel, they are never forgotten. :hugs:

Saw MW today, baby is in great position. 3/5 engaged. I have opted to give birth at the mid-wife led birthing unit within our hospital, it is like home and they have baths so I can have a water birth (all being well)

Im getting so excited, I finish work tomo. I have had some lovely gifts already off my work friends. It feels so strange to be leaving there for a year. ( I am self employed part of the week so will go ack to that sooner)

Blue - Happy 36 weeks!! We're so close now! :yipee: Looks like your little one is getting ready. :thumbup: Are you having any pressure yet in your pelvic area? Hope you get your water birth. Enjoy your time off work. WOW, a whole year....can I just say how jealous I am???

AFM, have my next appointment on Thursday, so will know more about my little girl's position then. Hope she's still head down!

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! :xmas7:

Hey Everyone.....

Neffie happy 36 weeks 2. I am getting a bit of pressure, its a bit like a period pain. I seem to feel it more when I wake in the middle of the night.

I can't believe how many christmas presents our little boy got and he's not even here yet!! :haha:

I actually have made a start on the nursery I purchased some curtains :happydance:
the furniture arrives next week so once its done I will post a pic.

sneaks in to say HI- been AGES since I even logged onto this board.......... but I wanted to say hi and see how everyone is....

Try I get your updates on FB :) babies are just gorgeous

Blue and Neffie... glad to see you are about ready to pop.. I hope the births go well and being a mommy is everything you hoped for :)

I'll check back to see when these little ones show up!!

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY NEW YEARS

Kels - There you are!! So good to hear form you! :) I was wondering how you've been. Hope you're doing well. Have a fab New Years, and don't be a stranger. :kiss:

Hello again Kels :hi: lovely of you to pop by xxxx

Ladies I have been getting period type pains today, they were on and off and have gone again. Is this Braxton Hicks???

Hey Kels! :wave:

I peek on your fb all the time!

Blue, I had loads of period like pains right before they took me in for my csection!

Hey Neffie! :wave:

Here are a few pictures of the babies.

Twins together

Kiera - 6 weeks

Preston - 6 weeks

Twins together

Attachments

• Babies.jpg
    Babies.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Kiera 6 weeks.jpg
    Kiera 6 weeks.jpg