TTCAL Mommies To Be - Chit Chat Thread

Not much time right now to read but I wanted to say Happy 39 weeks ladies!!!! Very excited for you both!

Cla, hope you are well!

Xxxxxxxxxxx Happy 39 weeks xxxxxxxxx

Hope everyone is ok, still no signs of this little boy making an appearence.

Neffie any news??

Blue - I'm still here...had my appt today. 1cm dilated so that's some progress from last week...still 50% effaced. The wait continues....:coffee: Have another appt Monday along with an ultrasound if she's not here by then. How much past your due date are they going to let you go before they start talking induction?

Cla, I am so happy for you! You have made it out of the first tri!!! Wooohoooo!

Neffie they dont usually induce until 10 days over (I think) I havn't discussed with my midwife, but will ask when I see her monday. What about over there? do they let you go over by much? Your care is so different to ours. I suppose because we dont pay for health care we don't get as much.

Midwife said she will discuss me having a sweep later on the week if I want. I think I will book in for one as I would rather start things off like that than have to be induced.

Blue - They'll check things at the ultrasound on Monday, and if everything is normal they'll let me go at least another week, before they start discussing induction. If at the end of 41 weeks, baby is still doing ok and if I prefer to let things be, they don't see an issue with going until 42 weeks. I'm also hoping things jump start on their own and I can avoid an induction. I may be up for a sweep as well if things don't start on their own.

Hey everyone :hi:

Happy 40 weeks to us Neffie........ :happydance:

I had some period type cramps in the night! thought it was the start but it has subsided now. Seeing Midwife at lunch time. Will pop back in and let you know how I how I get on.

Happy 40 weeks to you both xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks blue, what do you hope happens at the mw today xxxx

I think she will just do the usual blood pressure, dopple and feel. She said she would discuss a sweep. Not sure if I want one or not thou. Hopefully wont need anything to start me off.

I didn't have a sweep so I haven't a clue on that but I was induced with rian and that was a pain in the backside because I was only 36 weeks so I had to have the 3 days before they broke my water

Cla - Happy 13 weeks!

Blue - Happy 40 weeks!! :dance: It's time for our babies to make an appearance soon. Nothing much happening here either. Been having a few irregular contractions, but nothing to run home about. Will see what happens at the doc's today. Not sure I want the sweep either, but I'll definitely be asking the question.

Well I am booked for a sweep, MW recommended to avoid induction, booked in for friday. Let us know how you get on today. So excited...

So Friday might be your big day then blue, it's getting all exciting nOw xxxxxxx

eeeekkk, They say that labour usually starts within 48hrs of a sweep. But some need 2/3.

Still 1 cm dilated, but 60% effaced so some progress on that end. Everything looked good on the ultrasound. They've scheduled me for a NST on Friday just to make sure everything is ok with baby. They're going to schedule me for an induction next Monday if she's not here by then. I think I'm going to ask them to do a sweep when I go in for my appt on Friday, but I so hope she comes before then...

Yes def ask for a sweep, then hopefully if she hasn't arrived by then the sweep will start you off and you won't have to be induced!

Any more signs for you? again I had dull aches like AF pains in the night but fine again now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->