TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Welcome First Time!!

Jill, I would love you to move to Australia and have a summer baby with me :)

I always have my music blaring in the car on my way to and from work. Baby Jeebus seems to like it, or I am assuming he is dancing in there and not kicking in protest ;)

Howdy TryFor! Did you end up finding some cute stuff when you went shopping this weekend?

We bought the paint for the nursery - a nice teal that is mostly blue. We'll start moving the furniture this week and then paint this weekend. I got paint with no volitile organic compounds so that it will be safe for me to help out. I love doing trim work. DH decided he wants cherry wood for the nursery furniture, which I think will go great with the paint color.

Yes, we did buy some cte stuff for babies but I think I went alittle crazy!!!

I bought 3 newborn outfits for each....3 0-3 month outfits for each and a binkie/nuk/pacifier holder for each......14 items - $130! I have some boy and girl clothes from 0-18months from hailey and my nephew and neice so I really didn't need much clothing wise! We just wanted some newer stuff. I am picking up my stroller this week! :cloud9:

Hubby and I always gravitate toward the cherry finish for any furniture! Its pretty isn't it?

I have to see pics when you are done with baby boys room!!!! I bet it will be gorgeous!

What all have you bought for baby boy?

The newborn outfits sound so sweet Julia! DH's mother in law has gotten us a ton of stuff already and there is another package on the way so I'm rather hesitant to buy stuff. But we've personally gotten an led night light that changes color, a fuzzy blanket, receiving blankets, a couple of baby tshirts, and a starter pack for the gro via cloth diaper system. We've been the very grateful recipients of 6 onsies, a ducky bath towel and wash clothes, a tub, and a vibrating chair. I knit a cap for the baby when I was doing IVF, and now I'm knitting a complete outfit (cap, sweater, pants and booties).

I'm a little overwhelmed on the stroller front and car seat front. I think I'll wait till my step mom and MIL come out to visit to go shopping for the big stuff. There are so many darn features and I have no idea what I'll want! Got any advice?

Good luck with your growth scan hon. I won't get that until I'm at 34 weeks. By then your twins will nearly be here : )

Wow, you have gotten quite a bit so far! Awesome!

I persoanlly recommend a travel system for convienence of errands and long walks etc. I don't jog, so I have no idea if I should recommend the jogging stroller. I loved the convienence while babysitting Emma (last spring) and just being able to snap her car seta into the stroller while she was sleeping to go for a walk with my daughter or errands, etc.

I say its personal preference based on what you think your intentions are. HOWEVER, please lift each stroller while checking them out. Some are uber heavy and I would think be a pain in the butt, with a baby in one hand, a diaper bag, and a heavy stroller!

babies are measuring good! Baby boy is 1lb 7 ounces, baby girl is 1lb 4 ounces. He is head down at the moment kicking my ribs, while she is feet down kicking my girly area! :haha:

They mention for me to pay attention around 30 weeks as I most likely will start efacing (thinning), they said its common with twins! :shock:

That is such great news on the growth measurements. When I found out that slarty was just under a pound at the u/s last week it made me a little nervous to think of all the weight he will gain between now and January - I am going to be huge! Now that I read your post I wonder if you are thinking the same thing?!

Did I ever tell you I have a friend from High School that is about to deliver her twins? When she announced on FB I worked up the courage to ask her if she had gone through fertility treatments and she said yes, that she did IVF with her twins. She basically gave me the encouragement I needed to do IVF myself. She is a gorgeous gal and looks amazing with her twins nearly fully baked. You can tell she is ready to pop though!

So how are you going to know whether or not you are effacing?

Hope you preggos are getting on well xxxx pics will be up soon from wedding :)

Hurray Nixi! I hope everything went splendidly and that you had the time of your life!

TryFor - I definitely want to get a travel system to start out with. That is a good tip about picking the stroller up - it's ease of use will probably be a primary factor in picking one out. What did you do to pick out a stroller?

Grrrrr, I originally wanted to buy the city select pram which retailed for around $1000 - too much for us so I settled on the city elite, which I still love (just not quite as much). Got that on special for $650, down from $850. Now I have just found the city select on special for $599 :(

Finding out the sale price you thought was rock bottom wasn't is the pits Soph : ( I was looking at an ad with your pram in it this morning - it looks super nice!

We got another package from the in-laws last night with 10 outfits in it!! They already sent about six newborn onsies our way. Now we've got clothes from 3 - 9 months for the boy. They are all incredibly cute. I may not have to buy this baby a stitch of clothing, ever!

We also got the furniture moved to the center of the nursery so we can start painting this weekend. I just need to clean the walls and base boards and we'll be ready to go.

My DH was funny - we moved everything out of the nursery except for the dresser I want to keep in there. He said "are we going to have enough room for all the baby furniture"? All I want to get is a glider, crib, and changing table. Why on earth didn't he think we could fit all that stuff in there?! It is a perfectly normal sized room! Husbands are weird.

Jaimie, I dont have many options available to me for picking out a twin stroller as there arent that many double strollers available with the car seat feature (where you can snap and go w/o waking little one). I havd like 3 to choose from. I went by weight of product, reviews, color and weight it holds so I know I can use it longer!

Can't believe how close you guys are getting!!!!! Xx

I know! TryFor and MyTurn are due next month! I'm getting really excited to hear everyone's labor and birth stories. Labor and birth stories are my favorite!

:hi: Nix! I haven't been posting in here too much for some reason...I think we're all doing really well! Jaimie is in 3rd tri, I have 4 weeks left, Julia's twins are good, Soph is getting ready to go on maternity leave soon. Umm, that's all I can remember. :haha: We'll have to start posting here, more!

How are you doing w/ your LO?

Yeah! MyTurn posted : ) How was your wedding Nixi? I love the profile pic.

I've been emailing with MyTurn about feeling the baby's head move. His head is just behind my pubic bone and I can feel him turning around in there from time to time. It is pretty wild.

So MyTurn - how many times do you feel your lil bub hiccup? Is it only a handful of times in a row? If my lil bub is hiccuping, that is the most that I get at a time, like 6. I'm so glad your most recent scan went well. When do you have to go back to work?

I've been feeling him hiccup pretty much every day now...sometimes a couple times a day. To be honest, it happens so often that I don't always pay a lot of attention to it, anymore. :haha: I kind of notice it and think "awww" and then go about my business. I like to see where I'm feeling it, too, because it lets me know which way he is facing. Usually it's in my hip, but the other day was in my bum again so he must still be flipping around in there. I haven't tracked how long it lasts, but it seems to vary...usually it's for a few minutes, sometimes about 10 min., maybe?? I need to pay better attention. :haha:

I think maybe they get stronger/longer the further you are? Or that's the pattern I've noticed, anyway.

I crack up every time I think of you feeling southie hiccup in your bum! It is just too funny : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->