TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

You just wait until Milo starts hiccuping in your bum.:haha: From what I've seen on here, it's pretty common, so only a matter of time. It feels so bizarre!!!

I wonder if I'll tell him that someday? I can imagine he'd probably be pretty grossed out by it. :rofl: It reminds me, my MIL likes to tell me about DH's birth, for example how he got stuck in the birth canal, so I try to share with DH and he's like "WHY are you telling me this?? And runs out of the room." :rofl:

The other funny thing MIL said recently...she got us SO many bibs at the shower. So after I finished opening the last package of bibs she said, "You can never have too many bibs...my son used to drool so much!!" And everyone went "aaaawwwww." DH was in the other room and super embarrassed. In retaliation later on we were talking about how we got so many burp cloths and he said, "that's because he's going to be gassy like you.":haha:

My Mom used to tell me how much I would spit up when I was a baby. She said I was like a volcano! They took me to hershey park PA and she said she smelled like spit up the entire trip:haha:

How is work going for you Jill? I hope you are doing well.

I'm excited that Milo is a squash - very seasonally appropriate :winkwink:

Awww, I went to Hershey Park as a kid!! In fact, if you look at my photos on FB, I am tagged in a pic as a kid...I'm the one crying. That was at our Hershey Park trip. Did you drive through the Amish country?

My mom just told me I was constantly sleeping...so much so that she would always have to check to make sure I was still breathing. It kind of stuck...I'm still super sleepy all the time. Sleep is my favorite thing. :sleep:

Work is going ok. A little upset about some changes implemented when I was gone. And for some reason I opened my big mouth and told my team members I could help with their proposals and am now regretting that move. I'm too nice.

How is work for you, Jaimie? Did you finish that proposal?

Happy squash day to Milo!!!

I'm wondering when Boston is ever going to be a watermelon...and when he is ever going to have a real name.

That is a good question - I thought that from eggplant on you changed every four weeks, which would make southie a watermelon by now? Big fat honeydew is pretty sweet though : )

I'm glad work is going ok. You can limit the amount of help you are willing to give...I know it can be hard though. Our proposal is finished - hurray! I must have done alright on it because my boss suggested that I help out with an even bigger proposal for another group of researchers - but they decided they didn't have enough time to put in a proper pitch.

My MIL tells this crazy story about meconium in her waters when she was laboring with my DH. I guess her docs got all freaked out about it, but from what I've read it isn't that big a deal. I've learned that my MIL kinda makes a bigger deal about stuff than is really necessary...my DH acts like he nearly died, which I definitely do not think is the case. I guess it can be bad if the baby swallows meconium, but I didn't ask my MIL if that is what happened because she doesn't really remember the details.

I have felt jeebus hiccuping in my butt lately ;)

It feels like I never go on bnb any more. It is hectic at work at the moment but only 2 weeks left to go!! Wooohooooo, not that I am counting down or anything...

Soph nice to hear from you! How are you doing? Yay for only two weeks of work left!!!

I live 45 minutes away from Hershey Park! Baby Trip one day?......:winkwink:

Wee for all the TTHFUTD posts!

Julia, what a gorgeous profile pic!

Soph - I'm glad you mentioned how much longer you have at work. I was wondering. How are things going with your car? I can't believe it got totaled and you were just fine. You and baby jeebus are tough! I think I'll be working up till a week before my due date. That is my goal anyways - I want as much time at home with the baby as possible.

Ok, now I want to feel hiccups in my bum.

I thought you lived near Hershey Park Julia! I'd love to go back there. How are the contractions? Have they eased up?

Jill - I did drive through Amish country once. We went to a restaurant where you sat at really long tables with other families and all the dishes were served "family style" so you passed them around. It was really fun. That was the only time I've ever had shoe fly pie : )

A good friend of mine had her second baby boy yesterday. It was a scheduled induction and c-section. I can't wait to hear how everything went for her - her little boy is gorgeous!

Hi Lucky!!!! :) Lucy is just so cute, I can't believe it has been 6 months already, time flies so fast. I am well, just waddling along ;) how are things in NZ?

Is hershey park a theme park dedicated to hersheys chocolate??? Because if it is I wanna go too!

Jaimie, the car thing has been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I am still waiting to get my car back from the repairers. Honestly, to look at it there didn't seem to be much damage - just a few dints and a scratched-up hubcap, and I had driven it home from the accident and then to and from work the next day (50km each way) and then all weekend.
When I took it in to be assessed on the Monday the guy said that I had taken all the impact on the top off the wheel and pointed out how bent in the wheel was. I was so bad that only the inside rim of the tyre was sitting on the road and you could slide your fingers under the tyre onthe other side where it should have been resting on the road!!!! Ooops! So he said, sorry this car is unroadworthy, I can't let you drive it. Luckily, even though I didn't have a loan car on my insurance policy, the smash repairs where I took the car to be assessed wanted my business so they gave me a free loan car :) Maybe they liked me :)
I have filed a police report, but unless there are cameras on the roundabout, it is unlikely anything will come of it, so I am still cursing anyone driving a red car.

Soph, I didn't know you were in an accident...and a hit and run at that? :growlmad:Where are those people, let me at them. :grr: I'm glad you are doing ok, though, and getting your car stuff sorted out and that that guy made you stay off the road with it and get a loaner. I think you have someone watching over you. :hugs:

Tryfor, I love that pic of you, too...beautiful. I also love the little "expecting" in your sig. with the two little twin smilies! I have to figure out how far Hershey (and you) are from me...I'm thinking 4-5 hours, but not sure.

Jaimie, what's a shoe fly pie? I was honestly a little scared of the Amish, but I was just a kid (I want to say 1st grade) and didn't really understand. I still have a little Amish doll I got, though. It's wearing black and purple, which is supposed to mean something, but I forgot what. We did a tour of one of the houses and the land.

Congrats to your friend on her baby boy! What is his name?

Wee for all the TTHFUTD posts!

Julia, what a gorgeous profile pic!

Soph - I'm glad you mentioned how much longer you have at work. I was wondering. How are things going with your car? I can't believe it got totaled and you were just fine. You and baby jeebus are tough! I think I'll be working up till a week before my due date. That is my goal anyways - I want as much time at home with the baby as possible.

Ok, now I want to feel hiccups in my bum.

I thought you lived near Hershey Park Julia! I'd love to go back there. How are the contractions? Have they eased up?

Jill - I did drive through Amish country once. We went to a restaurant where you sat at really long tables with other families and all the dishes were served "family style" so you passed them around. It was really fun. That was the only time I've ever had shoe fly pie : )

A good friend of mine had her second baby boy yesterday. It was a scheduled induction and c-section. I can't wait to hear how everything went for her - her little boy is gorgeous!

Thanks for the compliment on the picture! Thats from before I got pregnant,I think its from last Fall. I am thinking of cutting my hair that short again before babies come, but not sure yet.

They have felt like they have eased up, they could be super strong at times and others just a menstural like cramp....but I didnt feel a majority of them the other day when they were a minute or two apart. I have another Non stress tomorrow to check on them. I am hoping because I am not working now that are are better! Thanks for asking!

Congrats to your friend on her second bay BOY! :happydance:

How are you feeling?.....

Hi Lucky!!!! :) Lucy is just so cute, I can't believe it has been 6 months already, time flies so fast. I am well, just waddling along ;) how are things in NZ?

Is hershey park a theme park dedicated to hersheys chocolate??? Because if it is I wanna go too!

Jaimie, the car thing has been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. I am still waiting to get my car back from the repairers. Honestly, to look at it there didn't seem to be much damage - just a few dints and a scratched-up hubcap, and I had driven it home from the accident and then to and from work the next day (50km each way) and then all weekend.
When I took it in to be assessed on the Monday the guy said that I had taken all the impact on the top off the wheel and pointed out how bent in the wheel was. I was so bad that only the inside rim of the tyre was sitting on the road and you could slide your fingers under the tyre onthe other side where it should have been resting on the road!!!! Ooops! So he said, sorry this car is unroadworthy, I can't let you drive it. Luckily, even though I didn't have a loan car on my insurance policy, the smash repairs where I took the car to be assessed wanted my business so they gave me a free loan car :) Maybe they liked me :)
I have filed a police report, but unless there are cameras on the roundabout, it is unlikely anything will come of it, so I am still cursing anyone driving a red car.

Yes, Soph it is the home of Hershey's Chocolate! :winkwink:

I am taking Hailey to see Disney on Ice Dare to Dream Show in a few weeks at Hershey Stadium! We may stop by the Hershey ride first for some chocolate! Yummm*

I had no idea you were in an accident either! OMG! I hope you are baby boy are ok?....Was anyone else with you? I'd be so pissed off! I also would be cursing everyone and anyone driving a dang red car!

Soph, I didn't know you were in an accident...and a hit and run at that? :growlmad:Where are those people, let me at them. :grr: I'm glad you are doing ok, though, and getting your car stuff sorted out and that that guy made you stay off the road with it and get a loaner. I think you have someone watching over you. :hugs:

Tryfor, I love that pic of you, too...beautiful. I also love the little "expecting" in your sig. with the two little twin smilies! I have to figure out how far Hershey (and you) are from me...I'm thinking 4-5 hours, but not sure.

Jaimie, what's a shoe fly pie? I was honestly a little scared of the Amish, but I was just a kid (I want to say 1st grade) and didn't really understand. I still have a little Amish doll I got, though. It's wearing black and purple, which is supposed to mean something, but I forgot what. We did a tour of one of the houses and the land.

Congrats to your friend on her baby boy! What is his name?

Thanks Jill! :kiss:

How are you? Are you back to work or still on strict bedrest?
How is little boy doing in there?.....I cannot believe you are 37 weeks already! I'm so excited for you! :hugs:

Hailey,my mother in law and I are going to Lancaster (pa) this weekend "Amish country".....we go there a few times a year to browse at shops, buy some smokehouse meats and cheeses and relishes, salsa's and jams, have lunch, and take a horse and buggy ride for a few miles to look at the farms. We enjoy it, especially in the fall time! I have never eaten shoe fly pie, I have seen it, but I really enjoy their apple butter! Yummmmmo! They make awesome cookies as well! But their rootbeer stinks! No carbonation to it...tastes syrup-y. I also go to buy candles, household decor' and dried mixed spices to make dips.

Its a really nice day out and I would like to do it one more time before my babies come! (That is, as long as I feel good enough to do so!).....

LuckyD, your little girl is Gerber perfect! She has a beautiful smile and face! Love it! I hope my kids are just as adorable!

Nix, your profile pic is gorgeous also! How was your wedding?

I forgot about this thread for awhile!

Soph - that is awful about your car : ( I really hope your insurance covers everything, including the loaner car. I'm sorry it has turned out to be such a hassle. Have you done anything fun with your Jesus Action Figure? Hee. You could ask him to curse the guy that hit you.

Julia - I'm drooling over your description of your trip to Amish Country. That sounds AWESOME! I get so heart sick for the north east this time of year. It is still flippin' hot here and nothing smells like fall leaves...we don't see any fall foliage. The only thing that makes it ok is that it is soooo nice all winter. I hope you have a fantastic time with Hailey xo

Jill - I have no idea what shoe fly pie is but I've never met a pie I didn't like, and I remember liking that one, but I don't know why. It cracks me up that the Amish freaked you out a little. I can understand why. I find them pretty fascinating. My Mom works with some Amish folks because they are the only ones that can repair some of her horse carriages and wheels.

I really like the oil that bath and body works sells to burn mixed with water in a tart warmer over tea lights......I like carmel apple, leaves, autumn leaves, pumpkin patch, spiced pumpkin etc......they are all delicious fall scents that make me feel like I am outside in the cool crisp air of fall!

:)

Nice! I have a super nice pumpkin spice candle that is my best approximation at fall-ness : ) I used to burn those scented oils but I haven't gotten any in a long time.

I am a candle/oil freak! lol

There is nothing more inviting for me to smell a good but not over-powering smell of warmth! Especially from fall through xmas!

I have granny's spice cake candles burning throughout the house right now! Yummm

I had another NST this morning and my contractions are now 8-9 minutes apart which is better than the other day. I was told to call if I have them closer together or if they get too painful. But other than that, the babies looked good on ultrasound. Their fluid is really good which still gives them alot of room to dart around and flip. The babies have hair on their head, with the little man in the lead with hair, because he has lots of it!

I did not have a growth scan today too see if she caught up, but they will give me a growth scan next friday. NST on monday.

Hooray its Friday!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

I know, she is 7 months tomorrow, it's crazy!! Where does it go???
Things in NZ are good! Lucy is wonderful, well she is not a big sleeper at night so I am quite tired! But she is still fantastic - really growing up at the moment - rolling over, has got two teeth, eating solids etc. I love her!!

So sorry to hear about your car - how crappy!

LuckyD, your little girl is Gerber perfect! She has a beautiful smile and face! Love it! I hope my kids are just as adorable!

Awwwwww thanks love! I think she is adorable of course but then I am a little biased. Your kids will be beautiful of course! How could they not with a Mumma like you?

Sooooo excited to see all these babies soon! Enjoy the end of your pregnancies ladies....!

I'm so glad to hear that your fluids are still looking good Julia - I know that is important. I hope your next scan shows that your little's girl's growth is more proportional. I know that if the growth between the two twins gets out of proportion it can be difficult, but it seems like that would have started happening earlier if it were going to be a problem, you know? It is just so awesome how Jill is full term and you are just a few weeks shy of it. Now that we are all so far along I feel like we are closer in our shared experience again. In my early weeks it felt like I was leagues behind all of you! But now we are all in third tri and pretty soon it will be a baby explosion : ) And we'll all be mamas! That is pretty nuts, huh?

Right now I only have yankee candles and some really premo incense. My sinuses are fairly sensitive so that is all I can take, and the incense I only use sparingly. But I agree, I love stinkin' up the house with scented candles and such. My dog is a reverse air freshener : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->