• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Update - bfn boots own brand?! Please please someone give me hope - late bfp

It was internal. I should be six weeks I think. 5 and a half at the latest.
Thank you :)

I'd say to see the yolk you would be 5 weeks and a few days rather than just 5 weeks so if you're around 6 weeks at most thats really not far out!
With one of mine we just saw a completely empty sac at 5+5. I think everything's going to be ok! X

I hope so. These next 10 days are going to be horrific!

That's amazing news! Don't worry about the dates, really early scans can be inaccurate for dating. That's why they don't usually do actual dating scans until at least ten weeks. Don't forget also your OPK may have not quite been positive and you can ovulate as much as three days after a positive OPK, so this could easily account for dates being slightly behind

Fab news mine looked the same as yours when I was 5 weeks 3 days xx

That’s great news, Red! I’m thinking, I’m 7w2d and we transferred a 5 day old blast on December 4th. If you didn’t ovulate until say, December 10th, that would put you almost 2 weeks behind me. Plus, you may have implanted at a later day. So I think you sound on track!

Ahh that’s such good news red! I hope everything keeps progressing as it should and you get to see that beautiful heartbeat at your next scan! You definitely deserve it!

Congratulations!
This was my scan at exactly 6 weeks
Then below was 8 weeks

There was no heartbeat at my first scan so I understand the worry

Attachments

• F6E98AE9-4934-43B9-AC6A-8176585FEE42.jpg
    F6E98AE9-4934-43B9-AC6A-8176585FEE42.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 20
  • 80E72A84-5E2E-4CB9-8BE9-62FBE0237D5A.jpg
    80E72A84-5E2E-4CB9-8BE9-62FBE0237D5A.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 15
I love how peanut shaped the second scan is! That would be my nickname for sure! Thank you - you can’t really see in the picture but we saw the yolk sac really clearly inside the bubble and it does look similar to yours. I’m still not ready to get my hopes up, but I am starting to hope a bit more.

Our son looked like Michelin man at our 8 week scan lol

Great news! I hope the next 10 days fly for you!

I'm really pleased to read these updates red!!
Also bear in mind that sperm can live for a lot longer than people give them credit for lol. With my first we dtd 5 days before I ovulated so it could be possible you ovulated later than u think u did.

I have everything crossed for the next 10 days to go smoothly for u xx

Amazing news! Try not to worry, that’s all I saw on my first scan, then when I went back a couple of weeks later there was little baba with a heartbeat! :) x

I’m really struggling today. I’m so worried we’re only measuring at only 5 weeks. Every night I can’t sleep because I’m terrified I’m going to start bleeding, and every morning I can’t get out of bed because I don’t want to discover it’ over. I had a dream last night I had started to bleed and it felt so real. I’m so scared of getting attached to the baby because with my second miscarriage I really broke - like shaking and panic attacks and severe depression - that’s what started all my anxiety issues really - I’m so scared of going through that again. But I can’t help but get more hopeful with every day that passes, even though I’m my head I know the dates don’t work and all the signs so far have been okay, but just not quite right. I can’t relax and enjoy this at all as I’m just waiting for it to end, but then underneath that I want this so much and want to be happy and excited but I feel I can’t let myself because I will break again. And a huge part of me just thinks that the reason I haven’t been able to have a baby yet, the reason we’ve had four years of sadness, is because I’m not supposed to be a mother because I’d be shit at it, and then I wonder whether if we do lose this baby maybe it would be for the best, and then I feel like a terrible person because that’s just such an awful thing to think, and we’ve wanted this for so long, and my husband would be the most amazing father and I don’t want to take this away from him. So just slightly emotional!
I’m also having a really stressful time at work - at the beginning of last year I made a complaint against my manager, which in the end I dropped as I couldn’t handle the stress of seeing it through. I’ve been off sick for a couple months now due to the ulcerative colitis/crohns issue and my manager has gone behind my back and held meetings in my absence and is basically trying to sack me. She’s made up stuff about me - literally put total lies in writing, and has been really sneaky replying to emails with a phone call so she hasn’t put stuff in writing.
On top of that, I’m supposed to be starting this new job in April, which doesn’t have maternity leave - it’s like a paid course (government scheme) where you learn while working. I can’t do that if I’m pregnant, so have to stay in my current job as I have a mortgage and we couldn’t cope without my wage. So I’m fighting to save my current job in case the pregnancy continues, trying to get ready for the course (as there is stuff I have to do like fulfil certain number of hours doing specific types of work) incase I lose the baby and still need to do that, plus I’m poorly plus I’ve got all the anxiety around the pregnancy. I feel like my life is in a complete mess right now and I’m struggling to put one foot in front of the other. I don’t even know if I’m really well enough to do the course m, pregnant or not, but I hate my current job and can’t stand the thought of going back to it, especially with my horrible manager, but because of the time of sick I don’t think anywhere else will hire me, plus I wouldn’t then be entitled to maternity leave, and after four years of trying for this sprout if I do get to meet them, I want to actually be able to spend time with them!
So stressed. X

Sorry work is stressing you, that manager sounds awful. Id ring acas for advice seeing as youre pregnant and have been off sick too, there are laws in place to protect you. About the new job- im pretty sure everyone is entitled to maternity leave in the uk by law. You might not get maternity pay but it's worth looking into if you'd get maternity allowance, or child tax credits and child benefit.
Try not to let yourself get too stressed out and take a day at a time with the pregnancy, worrying will not change the outcome and its going to be a long 9 months (hark at me that stressed all the way through mine!) X

Thank you - I’m a member of the union but didn’t want to ge them involved as I was embarrassed - which my manager knew - I think that’s why she thought she’d get away with it. I’ve phoned them now and should hear back Monday. I just get upset when people lie and manipulate - I always try and behave how I want to be treated and I just don’t get how people can be nasty like that!
Because the new job is technically a course, even though you work to get the qualification, they won’t pay any sort of financial maternity stuff - and I don’t think they will let me do it all if I’m pregnant as you have to complete it within 14 months - they don’t make allowances for sick leave and they pay you a ‘wage’ but it’s classed as a bursary and you have to pay it back if you don’t complete it. It was really competitive to get on it (only 8 places in the south east, and I think 10000 applicants!!) so they can be really strict with criteria as there is such a back log of people on the reserved list. I don’t even know whether they will let me on the next cohort or whether I’d have to reapply, as technically it’s a new course with new funding each time. It’s just hard as I hadn’t wanted to stop ttc and agonised over the decision when I got offered a place. I’d kind of made my mind up and even though it was awful thought st least doing it would let me get into a better head space and give us time to get super healthy ready for ivf, and now I’m pregnant I’m changing my mindset again - which would be the best thing ever if I was sure it was going to end in a baby. I’m just scared I’m going to have no baby, no job and no course! Knowing my luck that’s exactly what will happen!

I’ve started bleeding again. A lot worse this time. Bright red and dark blood too. A lot of it.

:( so sorry. Can you go to the ER tonget checked out?

I hope you're able to get checked out. Thinking of you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"