• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Update - bfn boots own brand?! Please please someone give me hope - late bfp

I don't think they can get any darker!
Try not to panic, bleeding doesn't always mean the worst.
Really hoping things go ok

Firstly, that's really good it wasn't full on bleeding and just spotting, that's really common early on and can be for a number of reasons, all harmless. I had it with all mine.
Your symptoms varying is normal, most people's symptoms don't follow any kind of pattern or routine, so don't worry about that.
The test that's marginally lighter (but as dark as the control!) could have been any number of reasons, the dye varying in the tests, maybe you drank more than you did with the others, if it was a different time of day that could do it too.
Your cervix being low isn't unusual, in pregnancy some say it will be high and soft, but if you read Fertility Friend's guidelines they say that your cervix will probably be in a non fertile position (so anything from medium to low, to firm etc.) after you ovulate, pregnant or not. So again, that's normal.
If it's any help, my tests were the same as yours at your stage of pregnancy, and I went on to have healthy babies. My first I only tested once and I was already a couple of weeks overdue af and my line was faint. Another reason for the slightly fainter line could be the hook effect, it could be the other way round - you drank less and your urine was less diluted with the fainter test but more so with the others. There are so many reasons for the change in line, but they're such amazing lines that I wouldn't say they're cause for concern.
I really hope your scan goes ok Friday. Is there any chance they could move it up? There's a risk you won't see anything the sooner you have it of course, it just depends on little one and they're all different.

Also with the cervix thing, it changes position and feel throughout the day, so you could try checking it at different times but if you have been spotting I would say it's probably best to avoid it for the time being, because they can be easily irritated during pregnancy which can then cause some spotting or light bleeding

Hastings buddy! I just stumbled across this.

Everything is so tightly crossed for you. I am certainly no expert on pregnancy tests, but those pictures you have just posted don't look like they could get much darker?

Sending you so much luck :hugs:

Everything is so tightly crossed for you. I am certainly no expert on pregnancy tests, but those pictures you have just posted don't look like they could get much darker?

Hastings buddy? Is Red from Hastings? Makes three of us then! Small world

Hastings buddy? Is Red from Hastings? Makes three of us then! Small world

Small world indeed!! I grew up in Hastings and my family are still there, but I live in Hertfordshire now. And yeah, Red once recognised the pier in my picture!

Cool! I also was born here, still live here although have been thinking of moving away for a while. I do so love the pier! It's a shame, I think they're having to close it again

It is a small world! Yeah I moved here about five years ago - my husband grew up here!
Thank you for all your encouragement and kindness - I am so wary of getting my hopes up - this has just been such a rollercoaster! I keep wondering about moving the scan up but in my head I know that what’s going to happen will happen, and if I wait til Friday and there isn’t anything, then I will have an answer about whether it’s a viable pregnancy or not, but if I have it before then I may still question it. It’s torture! X

P.S. happy cupcake I think you should seriously consider a career in fertility stuff / women’s health - you give such detailed replies and are so compassionate and knowledgeable - you really have been such a massive source of support and help for me - I really really appreciate it x

Where did you come from originally? What a small world indeed! Have you liked living here the previous five years? My husband moved here from Kent in 2010 to be with me, so he hasn't lived on the area for much longer than yourself.

I understand that. It's a lottery going in early. But I have to point out though, that you'll be ... 6+1 on Friday? There's a chance you may not see anything still. Some don't, as some babies grow a little slower, but it doesn't necessarily mean the pregnancy is doomed to failure. Plenty of people go in around the 6 week mark, don't see anything or won't see much, go back a few days later and there's a healthy baby there. We saw our son at 5+6 but he was so incredibly tiny, with the tiniest little flickering hb. Any earlier we wouldn't have seen anything. We were lucky to have seen anything then. Going back at 8 weeks the change was unbelievable.
I know it's in a way, easier to feel this isn't going anywhere because you're protecting yourself. But I'm going to keep everything tightly crossed for you. Hopefully this is a new year, a new start and with a new and healthy baby for you.

Thank you, that's so sweet <3 I have Asperger's, so I tend to obsess over things a lot. Like a dog with a bone, I won't quit until I know everything (and I know there's so much I don't know still!). I know what losses are like, and I also know what it's like to hear people being less than compassionate and I couldn't be like that with anyone. I don't understand why anyone would be blasé about something as devastating as a loss, or when you're struggling to conceive, or you're conceiving ok but they won't stick. It's all horrible to deal with on so many levels. Many say those with Asperger's don't have any empathy but actually, what they perceive as lack of empathy is frequently that person feeling what the other feels too much, and sometimes they distance themselves and sound clinical. I think sometimes it's hard to do that though, and I can relate to a degree because we have had so many really early losses, it conjures up so many different emotions

I have to agree I don’t think those tests could get any darker! I have everything tightly crossed for you for Friday! :flower:

Just wanted to wish you the best red head your lines are amazing xx

Hey hun, just wanted to say I’ve had bleeding/spotting with all of my pregnancies, and all turned out just fine! It’s so common. Your lines are looking great too! So dark. X

Hi Red! Just wanted to say "congrats" and please please please try to let everything else go and just enjoy the moment! I've been where you are several times, and whilst I've never had a positive experience of bleeding in pregnancy, there are plenty of people that have.

Forget about tomorrow, or even what's going to happen later today; for now your body is doing an amazing thing, and it's going to keep doing that to the best of its ability.

Hold on to that.

Red - I agree with Steph, that is about as dark as those tests get!

Glad that the tests are still going good. I tested almost daily with my first until about 10 weeks I think. I obsessed over the colour of the line and stuff just like u (but haven't been through what u have). In my second I didn't have my internet cheap tests but I had loads of ovulation tests and I had some spotting so used those instead.
It's so difficult before your scans.
Take each day as it comes and do what u have to do to get through it and then start again the next day, keep doing that until u feel u are able to let yourself be excited about what is to come. But please do not let your past rob u of enjoying your pregnancy. My pre/post natal depression has made me feel like i was robbed of it and I hate that so much. It may take a few weeks but slowly relax yourself into enjoying it and cherish it, I know u will more than some do because of what u have been through to get there x

I&#8217;ve just started spotting again, and I&#8217;ve had an incredibly stressful day. I&#8217;m really really freaking out.

Every time I let myself start to feel happy or try and relax and enjoy this, something else happens to take it away. I&#8217;ve had a lot of discharge with Brown blood in it, and now I&#8217;m starting to cramp. I can&#8217;t stand this. I just want it to be okay, but as soon as I let myself feel that way, I seem to get closer to losing it again. I&#8217;m just such a wreck!

Oh redness. I&#8217;m so sorry you&#8217;re going through a rollercoaster! When they called about your levels did they mention your progesterone? I know when I thought I was ectopic they said my progesterone was at 40. I have everything crossed for you, the not knowing nd waiting is awful, do u still have a scan booked for tomorrow? X

They said my progesterone was 51 which was good? That&#8217;s quite near what you had though? Still got scan tomorrow but if bleeding gets worse I won&#8217;t go, I can&#8217;t go through the torture of being in that place knowing I&#8217;m losing another baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->