• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Update - bfn boots own brand?! Please please someone give me hope - late bfp

You'll probably see a 2-3 on a digi then, but I understand the apprehension using them as they can be fickle

Yes this Friday - I’m pretty sure I’m 4 weeks 5 days - according to AF I’m 5 weeks +5 but I know I ovulated late.

Normally get the next stage on a digital around 5 days later

I had the ultrasound - they couldn’t see anything not even a sac. They won’t repeat bloods at this point, but have to go back in a week for another scan. My hcg on Monday was 150 so could only be about 600 today which would be too low for anything to be seen, but I just feel like somethings wrong. It just seems that at every turn it’s bad news, but with a tiny bit of hope that is just dragging things out. Cervix is high and closed but I guess that could change at any time. I felt sick today but think that’s just nerves. My cramping stopped and I haven’t really had any symptoms since. I just feel somethings wrong. I’m not testing at home anymore as I can’t face it.

I don't understand why they wouldn't do bloodwork again, if it had gone down that would answer some questions for you. Sorry your still in limbo and didn't see anything on your scan today.

I really hope everything works out for you :hugs: fingers crossed for your next scan! So frustrating they wouldn’t do any more bloods!

Was that the hospital or your doctor that said they won't do bloods? If hospital, can you ask your doctor instead?
You wouldn't see anything if your hormone levels aren't high enough yet, If you're 21dpo ish, then they can range anywhere between 324-4130, which is quite a difference! Maybe you think there's something wrong because it hadn't turned out ok before. Hopefully you'll see something at your next scan

Thanks all. I haven’t seen my own doctor at all yet - just the doctors at the early pregnancy unit. They said that the rules for the hospital is that they will do it twice to check its rising (which it was before) but won’t again unless I’m bleeding. Very frustrating as it would have answered all my questions! And either put me at ease or let me properly prepare for what’s going to happen. It’s this little sliver of hope that’s so painful! It’s so awful on the ward where they do this - I’ve been there many times now, and every time it’s awful - I’ve mainly been there due to my previous losses, and it’s in the maternity section of the hospital, and it’s full of pregnant women and while i was waiting, after the empty scan, another two couples went in after me and saw their baby for the first time - the walls are thin so you can hear and honestly it’s the worst experience. It wasn’t so bad this time as we’ve still got a small chance, but before when I’ve been there, and you’re surrounded by excited happy couples when you’re literally miscarrying is just torture. I swear it’s the worst place in the world for me - if I go to hell it’ll be there!

I was reading through your post and back a few pages I wished I could interject about your scan, as soon as I saw you were booked for the 29th the first thing I thought is you probably won't see anything which is awful when you're already suffering bad anxiety!

2 years ago I got a bfp, around 12dpo, but wasn't tracking. Like you I used FRER to follow progression, and around 13/15dpo I got a few lighter tests that sent me into meltdown! I was a blubbering mess, and continually googling, I was booked in for a scan 3 days later which we saw nothing, no sac, (a possible shadow they said) me levels were around 800 by now when we didn't see anything. After a LONGG 3 day wait they had me back for another scan, we saw a sac & fetal pole! then a week later HB! but my levels were at 10,800 before we saw this! the doctors were sure I was ectopic because of high levels and nothing showing on scans. They were even talking about key hole surgery to investigate.

so what I'm trying to say is - those tests are unreliable, as long as the vast majority are getting darker try not to worry (although I know its impossible) I think indicator of a problem your test would consistently be getting lighter, the only thing consistent about yours is the fact they're getting darker! and please don't worry about your scan, My lg is now 14 months, I couldnted back from her due date, and worked out at my first scan I was 5w 3d when we didn't see anything, 5w 6d when we saw the fetal pole, and 7+ weeks when we saw HB! Sending all my love to you x

P.s have just had a scan xmas eve I'm estimated around 6w 1d at that point, and it was ridiculously tiny, I think if we went a few days before we wouldn't have seen much, if anything xx

(pic of my tests getting fainter)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 17
Thank you :) that’s really made me feel better! I am trying not to get my hopes up, but am trying to balance it without becoming incredibly depressed which is difficult! Those tests would have really worried me too! I’m not going to do anymore as I figure if I start bleeding then I know, and I don’t want to keep this emotional rollercoaster going! I’m kind of settled into a groove of tentative disappointment and I’m going to stay here until proved otherwise!
Congratulations on your new pregnancy! :)

What keepsmiling said is so right. It's so different for everyone! Some see their tests becoming darker and darker, but some see them go lighter and there won't be anything wrong. Some see a hb at a scan earlier than others - mine was 5+6, but most of the time you really don't see much, if anything so early on. But this can change within days as keepsmiling stated happened to her. They got me back in for a scan after my 5+6 scan and instead of a tiny blob we saw, about two weeks later, a weird looking little human which started looking like a human, in a fashion. The changes that happen early on happen so fast, so whilst you may not have seen anything today, next week you could be seeing that hb. Please don't give up on hope, I know it's painful to have hope and then have it taken away, but things don't look negative from where I'm sat. They look perfectly normal <3

I&#8217;ve just started bleeding. Happy fucking new year.

Oh no :(
At the risk of being virtually punched (because I know what it's like being told 'don't think the worst' when you feel you already know. I know their hearts are in the right place but at the same time I know all you want to do is scream), could it be a random early bleed, as in harmless? Is it heavy? Did it start after anything like checking cervix or sex?
I really hope this isn't anything other than a brief, harmless bleed that goes away soon :hugs:

I had 11 episodes of unexplained bright red af type bleeding with ds 3. He’s a healthy 12 yo boy. I 110% understand where you are coming from. I just wanted to offer some hope. Got everything crossed for you love.

I have just caught up with this thread. I really really hope it's just a random bleed and everything is fine. I'm not going to offer the cliche stuff. I just want to offer my support and hopes for u. Please update us as soon as u know anything

Gosh I hope you are ok red, I just read the whole thread and what a stress for you. Fingers crossed all is Ok!!!!!!! xxx

I&#8217;m still spotting slightly, but haven&#8217;t had a proper bleed and it&#8217;s all been brown or possibly pinky but no red blood. I checked my cervix for the first time in my life - I have no idea if I actually felt the right thing, but if I did then it has dropped to quite low. I had bad pulsing back pain when I first bled, and some cramping which has now stopped, but my morning sickness has gotten worse. My other symptoms come and go. These are my tests from the last few days - bottom is this mornings. Yesterday&#8217;s was much lighter. I honestly don&#8217;t know what&#8217;s going on. I feel like every sign is telling me that it&#8217;s iver - I 100% thought I knew it was over, but then hope comes creeping back in. It&#8217;s driving me crazy. I really thought today&#8217;s test would be fainter. I don&#8217;t understand how this pregnancy can be containing, if it is! I am for sure not doing anymore tests now, I am just going to try and hold on until the scan Friday. It&#8217;s driving me insane - this is such a rollercoaster! I just hope it is all me just worrying, but then it&#8217;s also sad that I&#8217;m doing this to myself and ruining what should be the happiest time of my life. It&#8217;s not even like I think something is wrong, I would bet my life on it, I am 100% sure, but then something else happens and I have this sliver of hope again. I just wish I knew for sure things were okay or not.

Forgot to put the pic on - shouldn&#8217;t they be darker by now? 5.5 weeks?

Attachments

• DB984C1E-D033-4787-A936-9F9EE7B13628.jpg
    DB984C1E-D033-4787-A936-9F9EE7B13628.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta