Weight gain

TabbyCakes

Pregnant 2nd trimester ;)
Reaction score
I only weighed 96 pounds when i got pregnant, Im only 5 weeks and im up to 101 ? 5 pounds is that normal

Probably mostly bloat/water weight. Dont worry!

Plus you are petite by your weight, so my guess is your doctor or midwife will expect you to gain 30-35 pounds overall. I am underweight pre preg and that was what my midwife advised me.

Is this your 2nd, 3rd kid etc? That moves the bump/gain along more quickly I believe.

If you were underweight to begin with you should gain more weight overall, but at this point it's probably just retained water. I wouldn't worry about it.

Your weight can fluctuate a good bit without being pregnant, so I wouldn't get too concerned about it. Before I got pregnant, my weight could change as much as 10 pounds in a week. Add that to the fact that your body is changing (swelling breasts, hormonal changes, etc) and it's not really that surprising.

Probably mostly bloat/water weight. Dont worry!

Plus you are petite by your weight, so my guess is your doctor or midwife will expect you to gain 30-35 pounds overall. I am underweight pre preg and that was what my midwife advised me.

Is this your 2nd, 3rd kid etc? That moves the bump/gain along more quickly I believe.

This is my first child and my first pregnancy

Could be water, or constipation. Also by your weight unless your really short it seems you might be a little underweight and its normal to gain more than a girl thats average weight.

Im actaully 5 foot 6 in so im REALLY under weight

If you are very underweight it is good that you are gaining a bit more quickly than average. You will need to put on a fair bit of weight so please don't be worrying about trying to control your weight gain. Concentrate on eating enough for you and the baby.
At 5 weeks, as the others have said, some of it will be bloating. But if you are significantly underweight I would advise you to seek medical advice about nutrition and weight gain during pregnancy. Although I think you are lucky, I have the opposite problem, I am over weight and have to make sure I don't gain too much!

Oh i am so not worried about not eating alot when my tummy say fooooood i eat and i eat alot. I just wasnt sure if you gained weight to fast if that was bad for the baby.

No, it's only really a problem if you are already overweight to start with. Then you are at a much higher risk of getting high blood pressure or diabetes. if you are slim to start with this is not likely to be a danger.

Thank you so much im so worried I havent been able to see a doctor yet so every little thing terrifies me, I wasnt trying. But it doesnt mean i dont want this baby to be healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->