Welcome to the Nut Hut!

That's good FT that she got the results fast tracked. Nothing like ruining your weekend stressing about what the results are! It's a long weekend up here for us. Victoria Day Long (or May Long Weekend).

She just called, I guess she order my results as soon as possible so she already got them back...she said everything is perfect for 8 weeks so I feel a lot better. She said we'll have my scan on Wednesday which will tell us more but she thinks I'm just fine. It makes me feel really good she took time after hours on a Friday to call me and make me more calm!
That's great! I'm sure you're excited for your scan.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the get betters. I'm walking a little better today and showered :thumbup: woohoo.

Angel I don't think I would win that law suit! I was reading it is very hard to diagnose an abdominal pregnancy as most doctors will never see one. I didn't realize though that the mortality rate of abdominals are extremely high... I'm glad I survived! What scares me more is that I read some things about women that went on to have babies from an abdominal pregnancy! What! It is extremely dangerous. I'm sure since my HCG had gone down this is not the case, but still. It is a scary thought. I do think I'm going to go get a second opinion though after my next appointment, my mother wants me to also. This has been rough for sure! Since I'm not doing s*** these days, I've kind of started planning our wedding so that has been keeping my mind occupied on happier things at least.

I'm glad you are doing a bit better, I still think you should take action, you were never taken serious enough, you can at least get a free consultation.

There was a case where this couple was told the wife had a blighted ovum, and the doc scheduled her for a dnc..
The tech that performed the ultrasound reported no embryo was seen, and suggested a.m. repeat scan. The doctor, upon seeing the report, called the couple to tell them they needed a dnc. The husband freaked couldn't believe it, and got an appointment with another doctor the day before the dnc.
Sure enough, there was an embryo, with a heart beat.

They took that doctor to court, and won, just due to the ramifications if what ALMOST happened.

Your levels were the number one sign. Not to mention the pseudo sac - like I said, a doctor is supposed to know the difference! Then, he sends you for a scan, which you almost didn't get, so I'm assuming he didn't write " STAT" and/or "emergency"

It's crazy! I'm not saying money fixes things, I hoping I'm not making you mad, but seriously you weren't handled correctly. Not at all.

:hugs: I'm just worried and want to punch your doc in the face a few times :trouble:

So I had a terrible nights sleep last night...well to be fair it was my own fault. I couldn't remember the last time yesterday that I'd felt my little guy kick so I started poking him while I was lying in bed last night to get a response.....

Well I got a response and I think he was mad I woke him up! He kicked me (and hard) for a good 3 hours....guess I learned my lesson...don't wake the baby! (or to quote LOTR...."don't disturbe the water")

Aww...
usually when you move/walk, it causes a rocking sensation that puts them to sleep, and when you're still, they usually wake up and move....

He must have been sleeping in
:)

Or he REALLY liked the ride up the bumpy forestry road yesterday :) My stomach sure didn't. I can't ever remember feeling nauseous in a vehicle!

This kid already has a personality I swear!

Or he REALLY liked the ride up the bumpy forestry road yesterday :) My stomach sure didn't. I can't ever remember feeling nauseous in a vehicle!

This kid already has a personality I swear!

I know what you mean. Even the way they are on a scan can hint at the personality, on later scans of course.

It can't be coincidence that done babies go out of there way to not cooperate with the tech while others practically strike poses!

Angel you're not making me mad! Don't worry! Maybe after I get a second opinion from another doc we will see what they say and if it was totally obvious that they should have known earlier maybe we will take action. I do wonder what would have happened if they made me wait for the u/s though. They took me into surgery right after the u/s (my OB/GYN is conveniently attached to a hospital so they just put me in a wheelchair and took me over to surgery). I also wonder what would have happened if they had caught it earlier; the sac probably wouldn't have bursted through my tube and into my abdomen and it would have been a normal ectopic. They would have been able to get the sac out instead of leaving it there.

Well despite everything we are trying to look on the bright side. The wedding planning is going pretty well so far, we found a rabbi that will give us a Jewish wedding despite OH being raised Catholic. We found a venue that is really pretty. The only hard thing is that we're trying to do this without breaking the bank! Which probably means a lot of DIYing... Which is ok, but it is going to be more time consuming and more thinking lol. I'm getting really excited though! Of course we will be putting off the baby making probably until after the wedding because I can't imagine baby planning and wedding planning at the same time. I'm ok with that though because after all this I think we need a rest from the babies anyways haha. The thing that's going to kill us is that we can't dtd for 6 weeks!!! Well now its 5 and a half, but omg... that seems like soooo long. :growlmad: I'm going to go crazy!!!

Glad you're feeling better Nazz!

I did the wedding planning thing...all I can say is buy stuff when it's on sale, buy early and shop around. Don't let the wedding vendors play the emotional card when it comes to pricing. Try to get quotes for a 'party' instead of a wedding...you'll find the prices are sometimes a quarter of the price. They hear the word wedding and the price triples/quadruples. Ebay was my best friend as well as Michael's crafts when they had their 50% off coupons. I went with fake flowers because it was a 10th of the cost of fresh, and my girls all have a beautiful keepsake. Do as much as you can yourself and ask for help when you need it! The two things I found you can splurge on are your photographer and your DJ. Look at a lot of photographers portfolios before making a decision. A lot of them will give you a DVD with the photos on it so don't get roped into buying their printed package. You can get just as good printing at say Costco for a fraction of the price. The DJ will be the entertainment for your guests so get a good one and don't even look at people that won't let you come listen to a show. A bad DJ will stick out like a sore thumb! And don't let them play Martina McBride - Independence Day!! My DJ had a brain fart and played it...it's about domestic violence and suicide, SO not a wedding song! If you need and suggestions let me know!

Happy Monday!

Glad you are keeping your mind busy with wedding planning Nazz!

Our local Radio station host (I know her well because her husband works with me) just revealed some rough news. She was gone from the station for 2 weeks and nobody knew why. Turns out, (she was 20 weeks pregnant) she went in for a routine US and the baby no longer had a heartbeat so the next day they induced her labor and he was born "still born". She talked on the radio this morning about how it was so painful physically and emotionally and how precious he was and even at 20 weeks he looked so much like her daughter. They baptized him and got to spend a couple hours with him. After he was delivered I guess it was apparent that what had happened was his cord got tangled and no more blood or nutrients could get to him. She was crying so hard telling the world her story and I was balling the whole way to work. Ugh sorry to tell you guys such terrible news but I wanted to share with people who would understand how hard it would be to go through something like that. Most of my friends have never been pregnant and although they can feel saddened by these types of stories, nobody truly understand the love you have for your baby once you get pregnant.

Again, sorry for the sob story!
Anyway, AFM no more bleeding for me so that's good...it wasn't a lot to begin with but they were worried because I have A negative blood type which means I will have to get a rogram shot later in the pregnancy...does anybody else have to do that? I had to obviously get it with my daughter too. My first scan is on Wednesday! Im glad all my levels came back normal, now just hoping to see little bean and a healthy heartbeat!

Nazz I am so happy you are recovering and planning your wedding day I am sure everything will be perfect.

Ft that is really sad I know of someone who lost her baby at 39weeks. May God look after our babies.

Afm I am being kicked a lot plus it seems that I have lost a bit of weight maybe causeI am eating less cause of the heat.

FT, that is so sad...I can't imagine the heartbreak she's feeling.

I have A RHPos blood so I won't need the shot. One week to go before my sugar load test though...fun.

Wow, ft, that is SO sad.
A friend of mine had to deliver at 22 weeks what she knew was going to be still born. She doesn't talk about it much (happened many years ago, before I even knew her)
So I don't know if he had trisomy or what, but every February she mentions visiting his grave and makes me cry.

I was searching you tube , looking at ultrasounds and some how came across some super sad videos of women in similar situations, now that can get you crying!

A MC is hard enough, to actually have to deliver and deal with that, is to me, a whole new level of awful

Rose - I am A positive too. I hate the sugar test. With my oldest I had gotten MS late in my pregnancy, not till like 16 weeks and it was BRUTAL, when I went at 22 weeks for that test, I could not drink that orange stuff. I had to leave. My doctor stressed the importance of the test at my next visit, since he knew I never did it, but I explained I simply couldn't keep that down. I ended up never doing it that pregnancy.

With my youngest I managed, it was yucky but I wasn't too queasy at that point.

Definitely not looking forward to that again :/

But the WORST stuff ever is barium! I had to drink that while I was going through my cancer diagnosis at 18. It's.for a CT with contrast. It turns your internal organs a bright color on CT so they can be seen clearly. I kept vomiting, the nurse was getting frustrated saying I had to drink 32 oz and in less than an hour. Everytime I puked I had to start over. THEN, they decided to shove a tube up my nose then down my throat, into my stomach...omg that was painful! It felt like the tube was in my brain! I was crying it hurt so bad! This went on for almost 2 hours before the nurse said "oh WR can mix it with root beer or something if that helps" :dohh: why not offer that after my first puke??! Still gross but managed to drink it in about 45 minutes.

So if you've never had to drink that and one day you have to, all them to mix it!

Wow, ft, that is SO sad.
A friend of mine had to deliver at 22 weeks what she knew was going to be still born. She doesn't talk about it much (happened many years ago, before I even knew her)
So I don't know if he had trisomy or what, but every February she mentions visiting his grave and makes me cry.

I was searching you tube , looking at ultrasounds and some how came across some super sad videos of women in similar situations, now that can get you crying!

A MC is hard enough, to actually have to deliver and deal with that, is to me, a whole new level of awful

Oh I know! I was looking around and one had triplets that all had no heart beats...I could feel both her and her husbands hearts tearing to pieces. I think she was 20 weeks :(

OK so I think we have it narrowed down to 2 names....

Evan Michael DeGroot (my pick)
Ryan Scott DeGroot (Michael's pick)

Been feeling a little :sick: in the afternoons lately. Definitely no puking and probably super mild compared to most women, but there will just be moments when a nasty food aversion will pop into my head for no reason and makes my stomach turn.

6 more days until summer vacation for me! My favorite perk of teaching! Planning on using my days off to really get into some preggo workouts. Lately I've been doing my Jillian Michaels work out videos, but I don't think they are really preggo appropriate!

Wugz, you can probably keep doing it, but tone it back to low impact if she's doing a lot of bouncing around.

I've started forcing myself to walk lately. I've been dosile pretty much the whole time so I think it's time to get my ass in gear. Sucks though because now an old ACL injury and a previous ankle fracture are flaring up again. I haven't had pain there in years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->