Welcome to the Nut Hut!

While we're at it, what happened to 2ndtry? Anyone hear from her? Or wannabeAmum or something like that....

Angel I bought a cheap swimsuit (one piece) I do feel a bit wierd cause my hips and thighs are the biggest they have ever been. I bought a obe piece cause I didnt find a good tankini and I think Tankinis are better for preg.

Angel, I also bought a one piece. I still sport my bikini when its just me dh and our daughter though let my belly get some air!

I think ANY woman should wear what makes them feel comfortable, and not worry about what other people think...maybe I'm biaist because I've never been able to flaunt a bikini but if you feel good, and you think you look alright that's all that matters :) you could always get a one piece and go to a print shop and have them print "BABY" where your belly is :)

Thanks guys...
I'll probably try the tankini route, if I like how it looks...
I was researching some cheap getaways, and found a 4 night Caribbean cruise for 289, we're hoping to do that, but I haven't gotten school mail yet for the boys first say back and I gave thus feeling that the cruise will coincide...but they don't let you on past 24 weeks and I'd be 22 weeks 1/2, so it would be our last chance. .

Too bad I wouldn't be able to drink, but ooh well, I'd still have fun, and Jason drinking us the only way gee can stay up as late as me lol. Plus with my new Rockin hormones I could take advantage :haha:
Sorry, i really have gutter brain like you wouldn't believe....

Confetti my legs are a bit bigger, not much, but to me they look almost like swollen, like water weight our something. I need to start walking and maybe they'll go back down.

I just had the weirdest brain fart, I couldn't remember if I was 18 or 19 weeks :dohh: I had to check my ticker!

Thanks guys...
I'll probably try the tankini route, if I like how it looks...
I was researching some cheap getaways, and found a 4 night Caribbean cruise for 289, we're hoping to do that, but I haven't gotten school mail yet for the boys first say back and I gave thus feeling that the cruise will coincide...but they don't let you on past 24 weeks and I'd be 22 weeks 1/2, so it would be our last chance. .

Too bad I wouldn't be able to drink, but ooh well, I'd still have fun, and Jason drinking us the only way gee can stay up as late as me lol. Plus with my new Rockin hormones I could take advantage :haha:
Sorry, i really have gutter brain like you wouldn't believe....

As long as you're not entering your 24th week by the end of the cruise you should be fine! And you'll need a doctors note. I work for a travel agency. We were going to do an NCL 5 day trip, but I was 3 days shy and they said no.

Just registered for some day care in the spring! I know it's soon, but the place I want fills up fast and there were only a few new-born spots left. I'm suuuuppppppeeeeerrrr lucky that my wonderful mother will be watching the baby almost full time after my maternity leave is over, but we wanted to find someplace that could take our little one for 1-2 mornings per week so that she can do all her weekly errands then. What are you girls thinking for day care? Anyone lucky enough to get to do it themselves!?!! I wish we could afford it, I'd quit in a heart beat!!!

I barely work now and can't till my knee surgery, which will be after I give birth, but how we've always done things is work opposite shifts most days, and my parents watch the boys when we both work weekends....
But Jason's mom is retiring soon and has volunteered to help with the baby when we need it.

I have lost my job in September that is why we decided to ttc. As long as you rely on another income you are always afriad that you wont make it so we took the plunge. I will stay at home until bubs starts school and I will try to get some certificates so that I can try and get qualified as a learning support assistant with children in schools. Great hours (cause they are the same as the childrens) and holidays.

Yay baby crib is here!! plus more clothes I need to get washing and organize now. The only great thing of being preg in summer is that clothes dry in no time so in 1day I should br ready.

I get a 3 month maternity leave then I can come back part time for the 4th month, after that we will need to find a day care. I really want to look at an in home daycare somewhere near my house or have someone come to my home and do it. My 3 year old is in preschool full time so shes already set to go but I might take her out during my maternity leave to save some money then next fall she will be starting kindergarten so that will be nice. Im getting so excited for the baby especially now that I know the gender, Ive been online browsing baby clothes and stuff all day at work :wacko:

Wow, you guys don't get much :(

We get 15 weeks mat leave plus another 35 weeks of paternal leave which either of us can take. I'm totally taking it! I start mat leave on August 24 and I'm not scheduled to return to work until August 5, 2014.

OK I beat everybody in the worst maternity leave ever competition: 6 weeks! How horrible is that? Thankfully if I have the baby on or near my due date, that will be the first day of our 2 week Christmas vacation at school so it'll be closer to 8 weeks. School districts are totally stingy on the maternity leave, but I guess since like half the ladies at school always seem to be pregnant during any given school year, I can understand why they need to cut it short.

OK I beat everybody in the worst maternity leave ever competition: 6 weeks! How horrible is that? Thankfully if I have the baby on or near my due date, that will be the first day of our 2 week Christmas vacation at school so it'll be closer to 8 weeks. School districts are totally stingy on the maternity leave, but I guess since like half the ladies at school always seem to be pregnant during any given school year, I can understand why they need to cut it short.

Yep you win for the crappiest mat leave :nope:

We sure do have it good for mat leave getting the entire year, but what kind of benefits does everyone receive? In Ontario we get 55% of our regular wages, or 80% if you are the sole provider and make less than a certain amount per year...means when I'm on mat leave I will be making just over our minimum wage...so it's doable :)

We sure do have it good for mat leave getting the entire year, but what kind of benefits does everyone receive? In Ontario we get 55% of our regular wages, or 80% if you are the sole provider and make less than a certain amount per year...means when I'm on mat leave I will be making just over our minimum wage...so it's doable :)

Yeah the 55% part sucks. I'm already trying to live off that and putting the rest into an account for when I'm off cause I'm sure we'll need it. I feel like I'm on that TV show Till Debt Do Us Part...

33+2 Weeks :D

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/1077535_10151760417145132_1927735162_o_zps8dfa9db2.jpg

Beautiful pic, AnakeRose! That's not the Astoria bridge in the background, is it?

RE Maternity leave pay: I sort of want to move to Canada. The US only requires companies offer their employees time off, not pay. At the job I left, the only way to get pay is to use combined vacation/sick time, so if you ran out before baby was born, you were left with no maternal income.

Of course, now that I'm freelancing/content writing, I'm sort of in the no pay situation if I can't write after potential baby's born, anyway. Let's hear it for speech to text software! Hands free writing! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->